Bad Remembrance by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


JC was tense as he was recording his parts for the song. He and Becca were singing this duet that he now learned Jive might use for a movie soundtrack. He was hoping that that wouldn’t be the case. He was even scared about the video. The song itself was one he would want to sing with Braelyn if she’d been a singer. The video he could tell would be pretty intimate.

Becca sat behind the control panel next to the producer, Eric. She had always been jealous of Braelyn since the day she got a modeling opportunity with her a year ago and met JC backstage. She could tell JC was a little off his game when his vocals got shaky.

“JC, come out here.” Eric said and motioned him towards him. JC put the headphones down and walked out.

“Yeah, I know. I’m sucking a the moment. Can I just go have a breather?” JC asked.

“Yeah, you need to come back and get those vocals back to their star quality. What’s up with you today?” Eric asked as Becca wondered the same thing.

“It’s personal. I’ll be back in ten.”JC answered and walked out.

Becca and Eric looked at one another and shrugged shoulders.

“Well, you wanna run through your parts, Becca?” Eric asked.

“Okay, sure. We don’t need to waste time here.” Becca said and walked into the recording booth.

 

 

Outside, JC was walking in the parking lot in circles. He was actually feeling horrible at the moment. He’d been lying to Brae and he was now working with Becca. He couldn’t also help , but feel that Becca had watched him too intently while he sang his less than perfect vocals. He whipped out his cell and took a breath before dialing the phone number of the one he loved and was making him feel guilty too.

“Hello.” Braelyn said as she picked up her phone on her office desk.

“Brae, it’s me.” he said.

“Jace, hey sweetie. What’s up?” she asked smiling.

“I don’t know. I guess I’m just blue at the moment.”

“What’s wrong? You even sound blue.”

“I’m just frustrated right now.”

“You’re working with Justin now right? So are you recording stuff right now?” JC wanted to just spill all right there, but he had to keep her happiness in mind.

“Um, yeah we’re recording right now.”

“So did his vocals suck or something?” JC laughed. If only she knew that was one problem, but not with Justin.

“Yeah, I guess you could say that. I guess I’m just sad cause you’re busy doing stuff and I’m not apart of that.”

“Baby, you saw me like an hour ago and you were apart of me naming my line. What’s going on with you silly?”

“I don’t know. I guess I’m just having a bad day. I wish we were in New York already.” Braelyn sighed.

“Jace, don’t remind me. I have four days to get everything done and I’m in crazy mode. I’m so nervous. Oh, but I do like the idea of you being there with me all the way.” JC laughed.

“Well I was thinking about when you and I get to have our own celebration after the show.” Braelyn blushed and was glad JC was there to see her face.

“I think I might be looking forward to it now.” JC laughed.

“When do you get off?”

“Oh , I’m going to be here all night. I was thinking maybe of just crashing on my couch here.”

“Baby, don’t do that. You should come spend the night at my house. You need to take a break.”

“But JC, I have so much stuff left to coordinate and my god it’s just crazy. I have to have it all set before we get on our flight which really leaves me with three days.” JC smiled as he realized just how perfectionist-like the two of them were.

“I know you want everything perfect, but you need to sleep in a bed.”

“In your bed?”

“I would hope it would be mine. You better not be shacking up with one of the other guys. I better call Lance or Chris and make sure you’re not having sleepovers with them.”

“JC! Why would I wanna hook up with those two. I’ll stay with you tonight as long as you’re not shacking up with someone else.” JC laughed.

“Nope, it’s only you. I mean you’re fashion designer Braelyn Porter. You’re wanted by a lot of people these days and I’m the one who wants you the most.” Braelyn knew he was trying to be amusing, but she did really take it to heart.

“Thanks, babe. I want you too. So can I just come to your house say 10ish?”

“Yeah, I think that’s fine. You have a key, so if I’m not answering the door just come in.”

“Okay, well I need to get back to work , but I’ll see you tonight. I love you.” JC smiled.

“I love you too, bye.”

JC hung up and walked back into his studio session.

 

 

“Hey, you better buddy?” Eric asked as JC walked back in.

“A little. I just want to finish my vocals and be done for the day.” JC answered.

“Well Becca finished hers , so go in there and sing your part correctly and we’ll be done for the day. “

JC looked at Becca sitting on the couch behind the control panel and she gave him a small smile.

“Becca, you can go. There’s no reason for you to stay since you’re done.” JC said not feeling like being around her anymore. She was nice to JC , but he knew Braelyn had an issue with her.

“Oh no JC, I want to hear you sing perfectly and I was hoping we could talk.” JC frowned.

“Talk about what?”

“Well our music video and Jive said they might want us to promote the song together if it’s used in a soundtrack.”

“Why the hell have I not been informed of this?!” JC asked slightly pissed now.

“I don’t know. Plus maybe you could sing another duet for my album.”

“Well I don’t know about that. I’d like to just record this song and then get out of here. So if you could just let me get to business and then we’ll go to the café around the corner to talk.”Becca smiled.

“That would be great. Thanks JC.”

JC walked into the recording booth and couldn’t believe he just agreed to it, but he wanted to set her straight and let her know where he stood on there business together.

 

 

It was 5:30 and JC and Becca were sitting at a table eating dinner at the nearby café. JC felt a little uncomfortable by the stares he got from Becca, but tried to eat and not focus on her.

“JC, I talked to Justin on the phone last night.”

“You did, why?” JC asked very curiously.

“Oh, I think Jive wants me to appear on his album. Well actually I asked to be on the album of someone way more experienced since I’m still a newcomer here. I know Justin would be a blast to work with and gain knowledge from. Plus you’re not doing your own album, so I couldn’t ask you.” JC choked on his water and had a coughing fit.

“You alright?” Becca asked.

“Oh , yeah I just swallowed wrong.” JC answered glad to know she knew nothing about him writing his own material for a solo album.

“So I wanted to talk about the video too.”

“What about it?”

“Well I wonder how Braelyn will feel about it. I know you and I have to have a make out scene or bed scene. I know the director is thinking sexy and hot for the concept.” JC stopped eating and froze for a moment and then spoke.

“I was hoping we’d not have to go that far. Just like one small kiss and holding hands. I mean it’s a ballad and it’s a tasteful one at that. Why make it overly trashy?” Becca laughed.

“Are you serious , JC? I mean this is a music video. The song is sexy and Jive is going to have their say. You know how it works.”

“Listen, I signed on to sing a song with you. If we have to make a video, it’ll be done without stepping my boundaries. I love Braelyn and I respect her so much. So I will not do anything that is too risqué.”

“Well what does she think about it?”JC took a sip of water to think for a second before he spoke.

“I’d rather not share. Our relationship is ours to keep private.” Becca wondered to herself what JC was keeping from her and what it would be like to be in Braelyn’s shoes.

 

 

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki