Guardian Angel by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 222
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Sixteen

The plan had failed. The car that was supposed to be carrying them had been occupied by what looked to be the girl’s guard. But that was no matter. Another plan had been set into motion. JC would not get away with what he’d done.

There were a million things left to do before the plan was carried out, but there was still plenty of time left. And this time, special pains were being taken to ensure that JC got what the hell he deserved.

The pictures had been strung up again, although there was no point to that. Getting up out of the chair, the perpetrator walked over to the wall and glanced at the pictures. The two of them looked so innocent, and so in love. It was sickening.

And it wouldn’t last much longer.

~*~

She had a plan. It was a plan that, unfortunately, could not be executed until JC got a couple of days off, but it was a plan none the less. And it would work. If he cooperated.

It had been almost a month since the car accident, and Alana was no closer to finding out the culprit. Of course, whoever it was had not struck again, but Alana had a feeling that they wouldn’t wait much longer, and hopefully, they would be ready.

She got her opportunity to set her plan into motion when they stopped in Texas. They were going to be there for a couple of interviews and a show, all spaced out over the course of four days. It wasn’t much, but it was enough to get started with.

It was early in the morning. The sun had just started to peek above the horizon in the distance, and it was the perfect time to get started. Alana climbed out of bed and headed into the bathroom. If she was going to do this, she needed to be bright eyed, bushy tailed, and all the jazz. It was going to be a long morning.

After a nice shower, she stepped out in a towel and headed into her hotel room to pull out some clothes. She walked over to her suitcase and lifted it up before she dropped it onto the bed. She pulled out some gym clothes and headed back into the bathroom to change.

Now came the fun part. After she had brushed her teeth and pulled her hair back in a tight bun, she stepped out of the bathroom and crossed the bedroom to the door that adjoined her room with his. She pushed it open, smirking when she saw him sprawled out on the bed.

She took a running start and in no time at all, she pounced on him ferociously, giggling like a maniac when he jumped about a foot off the bed, before he sat up, confusion evident on his face.

“What the hell?”

“Good morning, sunshine!”

“Do you HAVE a death wish?”

“Now that’s not nice,” she said, a pout forming on her pretty lips. “I missed you! I just wanted to see you.”

“That’s great and all… but the sun isn’t even up. This is one of the only days I get to sleep in.”

“Nope, not today, slugger. I need you to get your lazy ass up and get dressed. We’ve got work to do.”

“What?”

“You heard me. I’ve got a plan. Get up and get dressed. Something you can work out in.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“’Fraid not. Let’s GO!” The last word left absolutely no room for argument, so he threw the covers off, grumbling the whole time.

“I’m going to kick your ass.”

“You wouldn’t dream of it.”

~*~

He stood in the middle of a mat on the gym floor, not even bothering to stifle a yawn. He tossed Alana a bored look before yawning once more and stretching his arms above his head.

“Are we going to stand here and look at each other all morning, or is there a point to this?”

“I want you to try and hit me.”

“Excuse me?” A laugh tore from his lips. “I’m not going to hit my girlfriend.”

Alana rolled her eyes. “You’re not going to get the chance, dumb ass, because I’m going to block it. I’m trying to teach you some self defense here.”

“Alana… no. I’m not going to hit you.”

“Josh please. Just try to hit me.”

“Absolutely not.”

“I’m going to kick your ass if you don’t.”

“You’re more than welcome to honey, but I’m not going to hit you.”

“You’re such a wimp,” she snarled, poking him hard in the chest. “What the hell is the matter with you?” She asked, this time shoving him a little harder.

“Al, stop it. I’m not going to hit you.”

“You’re a pansy. That’s exactly what you are. You afraid to get shown up by a girl?”

He rolled his eyes and shook his head. “This is ridiculous, you know that? I don’t need any stupid self defense classes from you.” He moved to step around her but she blocked him, shoving him back once more.

“Come on baby. Let’s see what you’ve got.”

“I told you I’m not doing this Alana. Now stop.”

“You’re a pansy,” she repeated. “If you knew this stuff, they wouldn’t have had to bring me here,” she growled. She knew what she was doing.

“I said stop it.” She paid him no attention as she reached out and smacked his cheek, though not hard enough to cause any damage, other than a little to his ego.

He went to step around her once more and she reached out to hit him again, though this time, he brought his hand up to block her.

“So you aren’t quite as useless as you want me to believe,” she mused, a smirk on her face. “Not bad. Not bad at all. But it’s not quite good enough either.”

“I’m not playing this game with you. I’m going back to bed.”

“You’re not going anywhere until you do as I say,” she barked.

He cocked an eyebrow at that. “I don’t think you quite understand what you’re getting into, little girl. I’m going back to bed.”

She growled an incoherent response, though this time, she didn’t step in his path to block him. She waited until he took a couple of steps and got a running start. In one swift motion, she leapt from the floor and onto his back, though before she knew it, she landed hard on the gym floor.

She was unsure what happened for a moment until she saw JC hovering over her. “I’m not quite as useless as you’d like to think, baby doll. I took four years of karate when I was a teenager,” he said, before patting her cheek quite hard.

She let out a groan. “I must have missed that part in your biography.”

~*~

“How’s your back?”

She glanced up at the sound of the voice, offering a small smile when she realized her boyfriend was in the room. “It’s okay,” she said quietly. “I’ve got a bit of a headache, but it’s not that big a deal.”

JC said nothing as he strolled over to the bathroom, a bucket of ice in his hand. She heard a bit of a racket, and minutes later, he returned with an ice filled wash cloth and tossed it to her. She offered a weak smile as she took the ice and put it on the back of her head, where she had quite a bump.

“Are you mad at me?” Alana asked. She glanced over at him, trying to read him. It was almost impossible at the moment and that worried her. She’d always been an expert at it.

“More annoyed than mad, I guess.”

“Josh… I was just doing my job,” she said quietly.

“I told you I didn’t want to do it, Al. And when I wouldn’t give in, you insulted me, used past feelings against me, and tried antagonizing me into potentially hurting you. I don’t like that.”

“I was doing my job,” she repeated.

“You were being an ass,” he said before standing. “Hope you feel better,” he said as he crossed the room and exited just as quickly as he’d entered. Alana let out a sigh as she glanced around the empty room. She sure had made a mess of things!


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki