Guardian Angel by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 222
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


So before you all read the epilogue of a story that has kicked my ass many times over, I need to write out a special thank-you. Without the help of my good friend (and fellow writer) Christy, this story would not be what it is. She talked me through many scenes, often giving me ideas and making sure everything flowed. Without her, I wouldn't have made it past the first few chapters. So thank you Christy!

Here you guys go. The final chapter.

****

Epilogue

“Open up wide!” He cooed. “Here comes the aiiiiirplane!”

“If you don’t get that freaking fork out of my face, I’m going to shove it up your—“

“Ahh, ahh. Language, dear.”

Scowling up at JC, Alana pushed his hand away before she crossed her arms over her chest, a distinct pout on her lips. “Would you just get out of here and let me eat in peace? I was shot; I didn’t regress in age to two years old.”

He gave her a smile and leaned over to press a gentle kiss to her forehead before relinquishing the fork. “I’m juuust trying to take care of my girlfriend. What’s so horrible about that?”

“Yeah, yeah.” She mumbled. “Don’t you have a flight to catch or something?” She teased.

“So sue me!” He said before leaning over and kissing her lips gently. “You know I don’t want to go, right?”

“Mm yeah. You’ve made it pretty clear. But Tony’s nearby if I need anything. And it’s not like I got shot in the leg or anything,” she laughed. “And as soon as I feel up to flying, I’m going to make a trip down to see you,” she promised.

“You promise to call me at least three times a day?”

“Absolutely not,” she said, giving him a cheeky smile. “You’ll be lucky to hear from me ONCE a day.”

“Yeah, yeah. If it drops below once a day, I’m flying all the way back to tan your butt,” he threatened.

“Nope, I think not. I would crush your larynx,” she told him, grabbing his collar to pull him down once more. She pressed a gentle kiss to his lips, looking up at him when he pulled away. “I wish I could go to the airport with you,” she said quietly.

“So do I,” he told her softly. “But if you were well enough to come to the airport, you would be getting on that plane with me,” he told her.

“Soon,” she promised, reaching for his hand.

“Is there anything you need before I leave?” He asked her, brushing a stray piece of hair back from her face. She closed her eyes, savoring the feeling of his hand brushing her cheek gently.

“No, I think I’m good,” she told him, though the wavering of her voice betrayed her words. He let out a sigh and sat down on the bed beside her. He could see the unshed tears glimmering in her eyes once she opened them.

He cupped her face gently with his hands and brought her in for a gentle kiss. “I’m going to miss you, Al. But we aren’t going to be apart forever,” he told her. “Just a few weeks until we see each other again.”

“Are we sure that this is going to work, Jace? You’re going to be 18 hours away. Can we do this?”

“’Course we can, Al,” he told her softly. “And you know why?” He tapped her nose gently. “Because we love each other,” he told her. “And because I have an insane amount of money to fly here, there and everywhere else,” he said with a laugh. “We’ll be alright.”

“You promise?”

“Cross my heart and hope to die,” he said, kissing her once more. “But no more worrying, okay? If Tony tells me you’ve so much as shed ONE tear, I’m going to fly alllll the way back up here and kick your butt myself. Got it?”

“Mmmhmm. I got it,” she told him with a small smile. She let out a soft sigh and rubbed the back of her neck, shifting on the bed. She watched as he moved off of the bed and walked over to the corner where his bags sat, packed and ready to go. He lifted his suitcase, letting out a soft sigh.

“You call me if you need me, okay? I’ll be on the first flight back,” he told her. She stood, wincing slightly as her stitches pulled. “Alana, baby… stay in bed.”

She scowled at him. “I’m walking you to the door!” She told him. “I’m fine. I’ll not shrivel up and die on my way,” she assured him. Her steps were slow and somewhat painful, but she made her way carefully from her bedroom and to the front door.

JC dropped his bag and looked down at her, offering her a small smile as he leaned down, pressing a gentle kiss to her lips. He let his lips linger against hers for a moment before pulling away, looking into her eyes. “Just remember… it’ll only be a few weeks,” he reminded her. “And I’ll talk to you so much between now and then that you’ll be absolutely sick of me.”

“I doubt that,” she said, though she forced a laugh. She looked up at him, her eyes searching his, and for the first time since he announced he was leaving, she felt calm. She could clearly see the love in his eyes, and she knew that it was all for her. She knew they would be okay.

“I love you Josh,” she whispered.

He gave her that boyish grin that she had come to love and leaned down to drop another kiss to her lips. “I love you too, Al. I’ll see you soon.”

She leaned against the doorway, watching as he walked to the waiting car. She let out a soft sigh, a slight smile on her own lips.

“I’ll see you soon,” she whispered. She stood there, long after the car had drove off. “Soon,” she said to no one in particular as she turned and walked back inside, closing the door behind her. They would be okay.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki