Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            He wasn’t who they remembered, and as JC sat down that afternoon with the others and Justin’s family he could see it. The young man, whom had been JC’s best friend, was no longer there, he had been replaced by a stranger. A man who wanted nothing more to do with the world around him, he just didn’t know himself anymore.

            “Jayce?” Chris whispered in his ear.

            “Hmm?” JC asked not taking his eyes off Justin.

            “Stop staring, it’s rude,” Chris hissed. JC nodded and looked away, and at Chris.

            “Sorry,” JC mumbled and Chris rolled his eyes.

            “What wrong Jayce?” Chris asked quietly and JC shrugged.

            “I don’t know, it’s like I don’t even know that guy,” JC said looking at Justin again, Chris sighed and nodded.

            “That’s J Jayce,” Chris answered, and JC nodded. He knew who that guy was physically, he was Justin. But emotionally, that guy was not the Justin he knew.

 

            After the session Justin found himself sitting with Chris, and by the sounds of the birds chirping and the smell of freshly cut grass, he knew they were outside.

            “So J,” Chris’ voice began as Justin felt a hand on his shoulder, “How you holding up? You didn’t really say much back there.”

            Justin shrugged and wished he could disappear. “They sent Mike home,” he stated with a monotone voice, he heard Chris take a deep breath in.

            “Do you know why?” Chris asked softly not wanting to agitate Justin. Justin sighed and shook his head.

            “They said I needed to become more independent and trust other people,” Justin replied.

            “Dude, you are Justin Timberlake you can’t trust everybody,” Chris said, “But you do trust some people, just not everyone.” Justin nodded in agreement and brought his hand up to the top of his head as he felt his fingers run through his hair.

            “Try telling them that,” Justin said with a bit more harshness than intended.

            “J calm down,” Chris said soothingly and Justin felt the older man drape an arm over his shoulders and pull him into a hug. “Everything’s gonna be a okay.”

            “That’s what the doctor said,” Justin grumbled pulling himself away from Chris. “She said I needed to accept this bloody thing before I could move on.”

            “And she’s right J,” Chris said after a pause, “You need to accept what happened, you haven’t really done that.”

            “I have C,” Justin whispered because he knew Chris was right. “I have accepted it.” He was trying to convince himself more than Chris.

            “Who are you trying to convince kid?” Chris said with a soft chuckle. “We know you think you have, but you really need to. Not only for you, but for all of us ok?” Justin nodded slowly and turned his head in the direction Chris’ voice was.

            “Yeah ok,” Justin said with resignation.

            “Good,” Chris said and then laughed. “So how’s everything otherwise? Like being without Mike?”

            “I don’t know,” Justin said softly. “I’ve been here a few days and today’s the first day alone, it’s all kindda scary.”

            “But you’re not alone kid,” Chris said softly, “You have Dr Hart and the other patients here, as well as us.”

            “Yeah but they’re all strangers to me C, and you guys aren’t here all the time, only for like an hour every two days,” Justin said with a sigh.

            “Yeah I know J. But you need someone to talk to while there’s no Mike around, or anyone else for that matter,” Chris said patting Justin’s back.

            “But who can I talk to C?” Justin asked trying not to cry. “Who can I talk to? I need someone who knows where I’m coming from.”

            “J,” Chris began sympathetically, “The people here may not know what it’s like to be a celebrity yes, but they understand other things. Like what it’s like to be in your position, and that’s something the rest of us can’t do.”

            “Yeah you can,” Justin said stubbornly and Chris shook his head.

            “No we can’t J, and you know it,” Chris said with a smile, “Besides none of us are doctors and you know as well as anybody we’re crap to talk to. But you know what?”

            “What?” Justin asked raising his head in curiosity.

            “I think that doctor you have here, what’s her name?” Chris began and Justin sighed.

            “Dr Hart?” He asked and Chris nodded.

            “Yeah her,” Chris said with satisfaction, “I think she’ll be a great help to you J, and I’ll bet she’s a better listener than any of us put together.”

            “You think?” Justin asked with a doubt and Chris shook his head.

            “No, I don’t think J. I know so,” Chris said and Justin smiled.

            “If you say so,” Justin said reassured that what Chris was saying must be true.

            “Yeah I do,” Chris said with satisfaction that Justin was finally listening to someone.

            “Thanks C,” Justin said after a while and Chris laughed.

            “No problem Kid,” Chris said and Justin felt the older man gently nudge his shoulder. “Besides, she’s pretty hot.”

            “Who? Dr Hart?” Justin asked with a chuckled and Chris nodded.

            “Yeah Dr Hart,” Chris said and Justin smiled.

            “I didn’t notice,” Justin replied with a laugh.

            “Good, because once you’re outta here, she’s all mine,” Chris said with a grin, and they both laughed.

 

            Dr Hart watched the two men sitting on the patio outside laughing. It was good to see Justin smile, and it seemed to her the only people who could do that were his friends in the band.

            “I’m glad he’s smiling,” a male voice said behind her. Dr Hart smiled and turned around to see one of Justin’s band mates, JC Chasez, standing behind her watching the scene.

            “Yeah, I’m glad Chris took the initiative to see how depressed he was and go out to talk to him,” Dr Hart replied with a smiled, JC nodded but didn’t smile.

            “Yeah, at least one of us had the guts to,” he replied with a frown, Dr Hart looked at him and wondered what was wrong.

            “What’s bugging you then?” Dr Hart asked and JC looked at her with question. “I mean, you seem happy for him right? But then why are you frowning like that?”

            “I…” JC began then sighed with a shrug. “I guess it’s because I feel as if I don’t know him anymore, Justin I mean.” Dr Hart nodded and looked over her shoulder at Justin outside, JC was right Justin had changed in less than twenty four hours.

            “Why would you say that?” Dr Hart asked and JC shrugged.

            “Maybe because he’s not himself anymore? I mean who is that guy?” JC asked not letting his eyes falter from his two friends outside. “How did he take Mike leaving?”

            “Not good,” Dr Hart replied, knowing there was no point lying. “He felt as if Mike had betrayed him, he felt helpless without Mike.”

            “Then why did you let Mike go?” JC asked softly and Dr Hart sighed.

            “Because Justin isn’t as independent as he likes to think he is,” Dr Hart began, “I wanted him to feel more independent by the end of the week.” JC nodded then turned to face the doctor.

            “Yeah he needs to,” JC agreed and for a few minutes they watched Justin talk some more to Chris. “Is it better? I mean, J not having Mike here do you think it’ll help?”

            “Yes, I think it will,” Dr Hart said with a small smile, “He needs to feel complete and independent, especially after what he’s been through.”

            “And he’s not?” JC asked with surprise in his voice, Dr Hart nodded.

            “Yeah he’s not,” she answered and crossed her arms over her chest.

            “How come?” JC asked, and Dr Hart sighed.

            “He just doesn’t feel like himself anymore,” Dr Hart replied, “Like he has no clue who he is.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki