Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            Justin felt a lot better after talking to the doctor, even if it was for a little while. He finally felt as if someone understood him, someone other than his family or the guys. He smiled to himself as someone led him down a long corridor to group.

            He knew that now he had a friend, a friend that had been able to see past the celebrity he’d become accustomed to, and just see the real him. Yes, his new friend was his doctor as well, but at least she knew where he was coming from, and that was all that mattered to Justin.

            “So everyone,” Doctor Hart’s voice rang through his ears and he smiled at the sound of it, at least there was someone here that he knew. “Welcome to today’s session, how’s everyone feeling?” There was a mummer of voices before anyone actually spoke up.

            “I’m doing better,” a male voice said and the tone in it matched that to what Justin felt, loneliness.

            “That’s good Jay,” Dr Hart’s voice came again, “Do you want to expand on that?”

            “Okay,” the voice, called Jay, replied shyly. “I guess you could say I discovered something more than I already knew.”

            “And what was that?” Dr Hart asked, her voice was soft and gentle.

            “I discovered I wasn’t alone,” Jay replied and Justin felt a cord inside him being struck, as if he understood entirely. “I have people around me who know what I’m going through, where I’m coming from.”

            “That’s a great realization Jay,” Dr Hart said softly, “I’m glad you finally realized it. Anyone else?”

            “I agree,” Justin finally spoke up; the sound of his own voice shocked him.

            “Ahhh Justin, what is you’re take on this?” Dr Hart asked with kindness.

            “I know that now I’m not alone, we all have someone there for us. They may not understand our background, but they know where we’re coming from,” Justin replied quietly.  “We’re all in this together.”

            “You’re right Justin,” Dr Hart replied and paused, “You all have each other, remember that. Like Justin said, you may not know what it’s like to live as either a celebrity or a regular Joe, but you all know what it’s like to be where you are today.”

 

            Later that day, Justin sat in one of the rec rooms; well he thought it was because he could hear the TV playing. He didn’t understand why the TV would be on if everyone in the facility couldn’t see, but he didn’t argue. He was sitting on one of the couches, which were soft and cushy, tuning out the sounds around him, trying to figure out a tune in his head.

            He so desperately wanted to be able to write music again, yes, maybe he could learn to play it but he wouldn’t be able to write it down without help. He sighed and tried to concentrate on the beat in his head, but he couldn’t. Because the sound of the news was too hard to zone out.

            “Justin Timberlake,” he heard his voce so clearly, and he took a deep breath in trying to calm his nerves.

            “Yeah, poor soul was in an accident right?” Another voice chimed in, Justin sat perfectly still, his beat forgotten. “How long ago was that?”

            “Oh about a week,” the first voice replied.

            “That long? Wow, I wonder where he is now. What ever happened to him, did they say?” the second voice asked, and there was a flood of laughter. Justin felt his insides tightening.

            “Well according to the rumours the accident caused him to become blind. Apparently he’s in a home for the blind,” the first voice answered, Justin was loosing his breath. Falling faster and faster.

            “Yeah well you can never trust rumours right?” the second voice replied, “I bet it was all some publicity stunt to get the band’s new record of the ground. I bet he’s fine, in the Bahamas or somewhere like that...”

            “Okay that’s enough,” a familiar voice said as the news was turned off. “We don’t need to be listening to that.” There was silence, and then Justin felt a hand on his shoulder. “Are you alright Mr Timberlake? Would you like to see Doctor Hart?”

            “Yeah,” Justin croaked before he could stop himself, his voice filled with tears.

            “Okay then, it’s alright,” the voice said again and took hold of his hand. “Let’s go.” Justin nodded shakily, his heart beat never slowing down as tears ran from his eyes. “It’ll be okay, those people honestly they have no common courtesy,” they voice said again with anger; Justin smiled weakly at the person’s concern for him.

            “Thank you,” Justin whispered, “But it’s their job.”

            “What? It’s their job to go demoralizing a patient like that? After you’ve been through so much?” the voice replied as they led Justin a bit further.

            “But I’m a celebrity,” Justin tried to reason; “It comes with the territory.”

            “And so does respect,” the voice said again, “But obviously they don’t know the meaning of the word.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki