Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            “Justin?” Dr Hart’s voice asked with surprise as he walked into her office.

            “Hi doctor,” Justin said in a meek voice, the tears were still falling freely down his face.

            “What happened?’ There were tones of concern to her voice as he walked in and sat down. “Is everything alright?”

            “He had a bit of a set back,” the voice that had helped him there spoke up.

            “Oh,” the doctor replied, “Well thanks; I can take it from here.”

            “Okay then,” the voice replied and Justin felt them put a hand on his shoulder. “You take care now Mr Timberlake.” And then he heard footsteps retreating and a door close, and he was alone with the doctor.

            “Justin, do you want to talk about it?” Dr Hart’s voice asked pulling Justin back to reality. Justin snapped out of his daze and nodded.

            “They were back mouthing me, as usual,” Justin replied softly.

            “Who’s they?” the doctor asked softly, and Justin shrugged.

            “The reporters on TV,” he replied with a sigh.

            “Oh, what did they say?” Dr Hart asked and Justin shook his head.

            “They said I was faking it,” Justin said in a whisper, “I wish I was.”

            “Now Justin…” the doctor said, but he knew she had no words to say because she’d never had to handle anything like this.

            “It’s okay,” Justin said, “I know you don’t know what to say. You’ve never...”

            “We’ll work through it,” Dr Hart replied with softness. “How did it make you feel?”

            “What do you think?” Justin snapped, his nerves getting the better of him and he realized that. “Sorry.”

            “It’s okay,” Dr Hart replied, “I understand you’re upset. That’s how I would feel.”

            “Yeah I’m a misery,” Justin said with tears. “I can’t even take criticism anymore with out it getting personal.”

            “But it was personal Justin,” Dr Hart said, “It was a personal attack on you, and that doesn’t make you a misery if you’re angry because of it. But people are going to act like that towards you, people in your shoes experience it a lot.”

            “But they don’t have to be in my shoes,” Justin said, his voice rising, “Their not famous, they don’t hold that status like me.”

            “Yes but famous people get criticised right? As do the blind, so you are experiencing both worlds,” Dr Hart tried. “Remember Justin, like we discovered today in group, you’re not alone in your endeavours.”

            “I know,” Justin replied sadly. “But sometimes I feel like it.”

            “I know you do, everybody does,” Dr Hart replied, “But we’re not.”

            “Yeah,” Justin croaked and moved a hand to his face so he could wipe away the tears that refused to stop. “How can I stop it?”

            “Stop what?” Dr Hart asked and Justin sighed.

            “How can I stop feeling like this? Like I’m alone, and like no one understands, and like I’m a failure,” Justin said with aspiration.

            “You have to make yourself not believe all those things,” Dr Hart replied, “That are your first step. I think you’ve accomplished at least one.”

            “Really?” Justin asked with hope.

            “Yes,” Dr Hart said, “You no longer know you’re not alone, you know people are here to help, people who are willing to listen and understand.”

            “Yeah they are,” Justin said, “But they still can’t understand the whole me.”

            “Then let them try Justin,” the doctor replied, “Let them try.”

 

            “So how did it go?” the familiar voice asked Justin as he stepped out of Dr Hart’s office and led him back to his room. Justin smiled at the person’s concern for him.

            “Good,” he said softly and the voice chuckled.

            “That’s good, I’m glad they didn’t get to you,” the voice replied and Justin shrugged.

            “I can’t let them get to me,” he said as he was led a few more steps.

            “That’s the attitude to take,” the voice said, “But still they need to learn some manners.” Justin managed a small laugh at that. “I’m glad you’re at least laughing, I think that’s the first time you’ve actually smiled since you’ve been here. Well at least because you’ve found something funny.”

            “Yeah I guess you’re right,” Justin said as they stopped.

            “Okay, here we are,” the voice said and Justin nodded.

            “Thanks,” he said and took a step forward as he heard the door open. “By the way what time is it?”

            “Time for bed,” the voice said with a chuckle. “It’s about tenish. Night Mr. Timberlake.”

            “Call me Justin,” Justin replied and the voice laughed.

            “Okay then Justin, good night,” the voice replied softly.

            “Night, um, what’s you’re name?” Justin asked, but he was met with silence. He sighed and felt his way to the bed and managed to get himself into bed, he was tired. As he lay there Justin smiled to himself, maybe being here wasn’t that bad after all, and he’d found people that understood him, and that was enough for him as he closed his eyes and fell fast asleep.

 

            “Justin?” It was that familiar voice again, sounding over him as he woke up. “Justin?”

            “Wha?” Justin asked waking up and seeing nothing but black. He felt a hand help him gently up.

            “Hush, it’s only me,” the voice said softly, “You have a visitor.”

            “Hey no name lady,” Justin said tiredly but with a laugh. “I have a visitor? This early?”

            “It’s not early silly,” the voice said, “It actually past nine.”

            “Oh,” Justin said and slowly sat up, “Who came to see me?”

            “Hey kiddo.”

            “Mike?” Justin asked sitting up straighter and he heard Mike chuckle as Justin smiled.

            “Yeah kid,” Mike said, “I’m back, how was the weekend?”

            “It was good,” Justin said with a grin.

            “Well I think that’s the second time I’ve seen you smile,” the familiar voice said softly. “I think I better leave you two alone. Morning Justin, group is in an hour Mike will take you there okay?”

            “Thanks,” Justin said still smiling. He felt someone’s weight get off the bed, and be replaced with a stronger weight.

            “Bye Justin,” the familiar voice said and their was a soft closing of the door.

            “So I’m taking you had an okay time?” Mike asked as he hugged Justin and Justin nodded.

            “Yeah I did,” Justin replied. “Thanks.”

            “For what?” Mike asked with a chuckle.

            “For leaving,” Justin said shyly, “It taught me a lot.”

            “Really?” Mike asked placing a hand on Justin’s shoulder.

            “Yeah, I’ve been able to open up more,” Justin said with a laugh, “And I think I’ve made a new friend, someone who can understand me, even if I don’t know their name.” Mike laughed at that, it was good to hear that coming from Justin.

            “I’m glad to hear it kiddo,” Mike said, “I’m glad you found someone you can relate to.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki