Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
okay i know it's been ages.. but here's a nice long chapter.. more will come later.. i'm going away on monday for a while so i'm going to try and finsh by the weekend as well as update my other stories when i can... so please have patience.. enjoy this!!
            They saw the difference in him; he smiled more and looked happier. They all sat around, watching their friend attentively.
            “So everyone,” Dr Hart said with a smile looking around the group of Justin’s family and friends. “Mike came back today and Justin would you like to share with everyone what happened the past few days?”
            Justin sat up straighter and smiled, “Yeah, I figured out I’m just human after all.”
            “God, we’ve been telling you that for ages dude!” Chris said breaking the tension and making everyone, including Justin laugh. “Thank god you figured it out!”
            “Do you want to talk about the events that led up to that Justin?” Dr Hart asked interrupting Chris’ outburst.
            “Um, I don’t…” Justin began quietening down again and Dr Hart nodded.
            “That’s okay; do you want me to tell them?” Dr Hart asked gently and Justin nodded.
            “Yeah,” he whispered and everyone could tell that even though he’d made progress he wasn’t there hundred percent.
            “Okay,” Dr Hart said and looked at the others gravely. “Yesterday Justin was in the rec room and the TV was on…”
            “And there were reporters saying that I’ve been faking it to push the new record,” Justin finished interrupting the doctor. They all looked at Justin shocked and in silence before Johnny spoke up.
            “J, saw that, I’ve got the lawyers working on it, don’t worry,” Johnny said to reassure Justin but Dr Hart shook her head.
            “It’s not important,” Dr Hart replied while every one looked at her bemused. “Justin has to learn that that is an every day discriminatory that comes with his disability.”
            “But…” Johnny began but Justin cut him off softly.
            “She’s right Johnny,” Justin said. “I have to learn to come to terms with the fact that I’ll be more of a target to media now than ever before, and I’m slowly learning that.”
            “But J,” Johnny said, “I know that, but still they have no right to treat you like that.”
            “Yeah but it’s their job Johnny,” Justin said, “You know that as much as me, they just don’t have much manners.” They all glanced at Justin who smiled as he said this.
            “I know J,” Johnny replied with a sigh, “I’m just worried about you.”
            “Well don’t be,” Justin said softly, “I’m fine, really. I’ve got Mike, and Doctor Hart, as well as my mystery friend here, all who have been more than helpful to me and have kept me safe.”
            “As long as you’re safe,” Johnny said, “You’re like a son to me, and it’s good to know you’re safe.”
            “I know,” Justin said with a soft smile and Dr Hart nodded.
            “Would anyone like to add to that? Lynn? Paul? Randy? Lisa?” Dr Hart asked looking at Justin’s parents. Lynn, who was sitting next to Justin just smiled and took her son’s hand in hers squeezing it tightly for reassurance.
            “I’m just glad my son’s okay,” Lynn said, “I’m glad you’re doing better Justin.”
            “Thanks Mamma,” Justin said quietly as Lynn hugged him tightly. “I’m trying.”
 
            “So I heard you made a new friend,” Chris’ voice came with a smile to it. Justin nodded and smiled, they were outside again after the session.
            “Yeah I did,” Justin said softly, “Even though I don’t know their name, they just treat me like any other normal person.” Chris laughed and patted his friend on the back.
            “That’s good man, and Mike’s back as well I see,” Chris replied, it was more of a statement than a question and Justin nodded.
            “Yeah,” Justin replied, He felt Chris looking at him. “What?”
            “You think you need Mike around all the time?” Chris asked softly and Justin shrugged.
            “I don’t now,” he replied, “But I think Johnny would feel more comfortable if I did.”
            “Yeah but J,” Chris said softly putting a hand on Justin’s shoulder, “It’s about you, not Johnny, what you feel comfortable with and I’m sure that’s what Johnny wants most, you being comfortable.”
            “Yeah I guess,” Justin said with a shrug, “But I don’t really mind either way, now that I know there are more people here with me.”
            “Yeah,” Chris said with a laugh, “There are a lot of people here for you J. Don’t ever forget that, I mean it.”
            “I know you do C,” Justin replied, “Can I ask you something?”
            “Yeah man,” Chris replied becoming serious again. “What’s up?”
            “How come the other guys haven’t talked to me the way you have?” Justin asked, “Have I let them down?” Chris sighed and put a hand on Justin’s arm.
            “No you haven’t man,” Chris replied and Justin sighed.
            “But then how come they haven’t…” Justin began, “I mean Jayce, and at least I thought he’d…”
            “He’s just confused right now,” Chris replied, “This situation is hard on all of us.”
            “Yeah, but what is he confused about?” Justin asked and Chris sighed.
            “He feels like he doesn’t know you anymore J,” Chris replied softly and Justin nodded.
            “That makes two of us,” he said with a sigh, “But I’m figuring it out and I want him to be there when I finally find it.”
            “I know you do kid,” Chris replied, “And Jayce will come around, and maybe you need to talk to him.”
            “But how can I?” Justin asked, “When he doesn’t even want to talk?”
            “He does,” Chris replied, “He just needs a little shove in the right direction, maybe you can give him that?” Justin sighed and nodded.
            “Yeah maybe,” Justin said and Chris smiled, Justin was definitely progressing.
 
            “Jayce,” Chris said walking up to the younger man from behind. JC turned around at the sound of Chris’ voice.
            “Hey man,” JC said taking his eyes of Justin and glancing at Chris. “What’s up?”
            Chris nodded towards Justin and smiled softly, “I think someone wants to talk to you.” JC glanced over his shoulder and looked at Justin.
            “J? What does he wanna talk about?” JC asked because he presumed Justin had talked to Chris about everything.
            “I think he wants to clear some things up between the two of you,” Chris said with a shrug. “He’s discovering himself, and I’m sure he wants you to be there when he does it.” JC sighed and shrugged.
            “I don’t know him anymore C,” JC said, “He’s no longer my best friend, the one that I knew from MMC.”
            “You should give him a chance,” Chris replied with a smile, “If you guys talk then you’ll get to know him again, and maybe the knowledge you have about him can help him.” JC looked at Chris and seemed to brighten up at the thought.
            “Really?” JC asked hoping what Chris was saying was true. Chris nodded and let his gaze wander outside to Justin, where the younger man was busy talking with an older woman, who seemed to be one of the nurses.
            “Yeah really,” Chris said as he and JC watched Justin for a while. Then Chris nudged JC. “Go talk to him, you’ll be surprised at how much he’s changed. But in a good way.” JC nodded and went to talk to his younger friend.
 
            “So your friends come today,” it was that voice again and Justin smiled with a nod.
            “Yeah it’s nice,” Justin said, “Nice to hear them again, especially my mom.” The voice laughed in agreement.
            “Yeah mother’s have that effect on us,” the voice said with a chuckle. “My mother was the same; I was a mamma’s girl.”
            “Was?” Justin asked moving his head up. “What happened to her?”
            “Old age,” the voice laughed. “But enough of me, how do you feel now Mike is back?” Justin sighed and listened for a moment, this time the birds weren’t chirping but the smell of grass was evident.
            “I don’t know,” Justin replied, “I like the fact that he’s back, but maybe I shouldn’t have him around all the time.” The voice laughed again and Justin felt a hand on his shoulder.
            “Yeah but he helps right?” the voice asked. “I mean I always notice how he helps you get around.” Justin nodded and sighed.
            “Yeah, but I need to learn how to do those things myself,” he replied, “Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate Mike being here, but I think he has better things to do.”
            “Nothing’s better than being here protecting you.” Justin and the voice stopped talking as they heard footsteps walking up to them, making squishy noises in the soft grass.
            “Jayce?” Justin asked with a smile.
            “Yeah man,” JC said softly, “It’s me.”
            “Okay then I better leave you two at it, it looks like you need to talk,” the voice said as Justin heard them get up. “Nice to know you’re improving Justin. See you later.”
            “Bye,” Justin said as the voice shuffled away and he heard JC sit down next to him. “Hey Jayce.”
            “Hey, so I talked to C,” JC began softly and Justin nodded.
            “Yeah?” Justin asked and JC laughed softly.
            “Yeah, so you want to talk?” JC asked and Justin sighed.
            “I guess,” Justin said with a shrug and he felt JC place a hand on his shoulder.
            “J, I would like to help,” JC said, “I’m sorry I’ve been distant lately, it’s just that I feel like I don’t know you anymore.” Justin smiled softly and nodded.
            “Neither do I Jayce,” Justin replied, “But I’m trying to find out.”
            “I know you are J,” JC said softly, “And I’d like to help with that. Would that be okay?” Justin laughed and nodded.
            “I’d like that Jayce,” Justin said quietly.
            “Me too,” JC replied and then Justin felt himself being pulled into a hug. “We’ll get through this J, whatever it takes, I’ll help you find yourself.”
            “Thanks Jayce,” Justin replied hugging his friend back. “I need all the help I can get.”
            “And you’ve got it,” JC said in a whisper. “You’ve got it J.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki