Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
okay guys.. i know it's been yonks and this is so short.. but ive been stuck for inspiration until now... and im off to work so i'll update later this weekend since i get the weekend off.. i hope you like this short part...

            Baby steps, that’s what everyone seemed to tell him. Just take baby steps. He took a deep breath in and sighed, after the conversation with his mother he knew that was the only way to go. Although he didn’t know how.

            He knew she was right, she always was. Chris even knew the possibilities but that hadn’t stopped him from being different. Yeah, but he didn’t have the accident, Justin argued again in his head. Chris was fine, had never encountered any problems. But he, Justin Timberlake had.

            “Justin?” Mike’s voice cut through his thoughts and he slowly sat up trying not to fall over as he did so.

            “Yeah Mike?” Justin asked knowing instantly where Mike was standing, behind him by the door.

            “Come on get dressed, Johnny’s here to see you,” Mike said and Justin frowned.

            “Johnny’s here?” he questioned slowly standing up and feeling around for his shirt that Mike had laid out for him the night before. “But today’s not group day.”

            “I know,” Mike said with a smile in his voice, “But he just wants to check up on you. So hurry up, don’t want to keep the boss waiting.”

            “Okay,” Justin said slowly pulling on his found shirt, “Give me a few minutes then we’ll go.” Over the past few days Justin had coped better with his disability, gaining a new skill everyday. As he pulled on his clothes he began to wonder what it was that was in Mike’s voice when he told him Johnny had come, there was something amiss, something he just couldn’t place his finger on.

           

            “Justin.” Johnny’s voice was like music to his ears, a fatherly voice that filled his heart with warmth. He smiled at the sound of the voice as Mike led him into the room that smelt like roses.

            “Hi Johnny,” Justin said as Johnny enveloped him in a big bear hug.

            “How you holding up?” Johnny asked with strained concern and Justin could tell something was bothering the older man.

            “I’m okay. What about you?” Justin asked and he heard Johnny sigh before he addressed Mike.

            “Mike could you give us a moment?” Johnny’s voice asked kindly.

            “Sure thing, I’ll be outside if you need me,” Mike said and Justin heard the heavy footsteps that he’d become so accustomed to hearing walk quietly away, and for the first time in days he felt threatened. Even though he knew Johnny would never hurt him, Mike had been there since the first day he’d come here and it was sort of a security to him.

            “I’ve been okay kid,” Johnny said addressing Justin’s earlier issue and pulling away from him. “Let’s sit down; I have something we need to talk about.” Justin felt his heart leap, and merely nodded as Johnny led them to some chairs and helped him sit down.

            “What is it?” Justin asked, nerves springing into his voice, “Does the doc know you’re here?”

            “Yeah she does,” Johnny replied, “If fact it was she who said I should talk to you.”

            “What happened?” Justin asked, now the worries had definitely taken over his voice. There was a slight pause before Johnny spoke.

            “They found the driver of the truck,” Johnny said and Justin felt his whole world come to a halt.

            “They?” he asked with curiosity.

            “Yeah, after the accident I went to our lawyer who filed a report with the police…” Johnny began, “And they tracked down the truck and its driver.”

            “What does that mean?” Justin asked confused with this new information as he felt Johnny’s had on his arm.

            “It means,” Johnny said and paused, taking in a huge breath, “That we can sue for damages. That’s if you’re up to it.” Justin sighed and wondered what to say.

            “I don’t…” Justin began stopping himself short wondering why he was not agreing to it. The man who had been driving that truck had put him here, and made him doubt himself. So why was he hesitating.

            “It’s okay kid, if you don’t want to we don’t have to,” Johnny said softly as Justin felt the older man place a hand on his arm.

            “No, it’s not that,” Justin whispered wondering how to explain himself, “It’s just that…” He didn’t know, he couldn’t explain himself and Johnny understood.

            “I get it kid,” Johnny said, “So you don’t want to do anything?”

            “No,” Justin answered with a sigh, “I do. Let’s go ahead and see what happens.”

            “You’re sure?” Johnny asked and Justin could hear scepticism in his voice.

            “No I’m not,” Justin replied, “But I know it’s something that needs to be done, for me to get closure on this whole thing.”

            “Okay then,” Johnny said with a sigh and helped Justin up. “I’ll talk to the lawyers tomorrow and let you know. Don’t worry kid, you’ll get your closure, it just might take a bit of time.” And Justin knew he was right, he’d just have to be patient and wait. But he didn’t know if he could even do that, he’d have to wait and see.

           

                       



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki