Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            Thinking about what Johnny said, Justin lay down that night and felt a little bit of the weight he’d been carrying for the past few days shift off his shoulders. But even though he knew this could result in a little bit of closure for him, he still felt extremely guilty himself, guilty for not listening to his mother. And that was something that would not go away over a law suit.

            Justin realised that the fact that Johnny and the lawyer had found the truck and its driver had been a good thing. Now it meant that another door had opened up for him. A door to peace and tranquility over the situation. They could sue the driver, and possibly the truck company for damages and he would feel more at ease.

            But Justin couldn’t do that with his mother. He couldn’t sue himself for being stubborn now could he? He had to accept the fact that the decision he’d made was wrong, and it was a selfish one. He knew it, even though his mother had countless times denied it, even she couldn’t tell him he was wrong. Because if he hadn’t pushed and pushed for that bloody bike he wouldn’t be here. He wouldn’t be not able to see the pain in her face when she told him he’d made a mistake.

 

            Lynn took a sip of her tea and lent back into the sofa, her husband’s arm cocooning around her as they listened to Johnny. She smiled softly up at her husband as Johnny told them his conversation with her son, about how Justin wanted to go ahead with the case and she sighed.

            It was a good thing, she knew it because it meant it would give him something positive to look forward to, that’s if they won the case but she wasn’t going to dwell on that right now, all that mattered was her son’s well-being.

            “So Justin wants to go through with it and I think it’s a good idea,” Johnny finished setting down his mug of coffee and looking at Lynn and Paul. “What do you guys think?”

            “I think he’s made the right choice,” Paul replied and looked at his wife, “Right Hon?”

            “Right,” Lynn murmured back closing her eyes and picturing her son and how calm he must be. “He’ll be a whole lot happier.”

            “Well I’m glad you guys support him,” Johnny said with a smile, “I didn’t doubt that. Anyways, I’ll go ahead and call the lawyer then shall I?”

            “Yes, and let us know if we need to do anything,” Paul agreed noticing his wife has veered off into a trance of her own thinking about her son.

            “What if they need to talk to him?” Lynn asked suddenly out of her trance and looking worriedly at Johnny who smiled at her wryly. “Could he handle that? Reliving it all for the millionth time?” A worried frown set into her features.

            “Well I’ve talked to Dr Hart,” Johnny began, “And she seems to think Justin will handle it fine, after all he knew what was involved when he agreed to it.”

            “Yes, but he’s so fragile now,” Lynn sighed, “I just hope it won’t break him more.” A smile formed on Johnny’s lips as he saw the woman worrying for her son, it reminded him of the old Nsync days when Lynn refused to let Justin go on tour in Europe at the age of 14 with out her.

            “Justin’s strong Lynn,” Paul cut-in seeing her distress as well, “He can handle anything.”

            “I know,” Lynn sighed and leaned closer to her husband. “I just worry about him that’s all.”

            “I know sweetheart,” Paul replied kissing her forehead lightly. “And that’s okay, after all you are his mother and it’s a mother’s right to worry.”

 

            “Justin?” Justin sat up slowly so not to fall over and felt around him.

            “Hey no name lady, where’s Mike?” he asked the voice, his voice a lot calmer than it usually had been.

            “He wanted me to let you know he had to go home for a few hours,” the voice said softly helping him out of the bed. “Is it alright if I helped you today?” Justin smiled softly and nodded. He felt comfortable around this person; the sound of their voice over the past few days was becoming more familiar to him. And to him it had a soft comfort to it.

            “Yeah,” he said and felt around for his clothes, he felt the warm denim fabric of his jeans being placed in his hands. “Um, thanks.” He could feel himself blushing.

            “That’s alright dear,” the voice replied, it reminded him of his grandmother.

            “You remind me of my nana,” he said and the voice laughed a soft bellied laugh.

            “Well I’m glad my age doesn’t reflect that,” the voice replied and put a hand on his shoulder. “Anyways let me leave you to get dressed, when you’re done give me a shout, I’ll be in the corridor. Then you can tell me all that I’ve missed these past few days.” Justin smiled with a nod as he heard the footsteps regressing, then he realised he didn’t know the name of the voice.

            “Wait!” he called out, his voice sounding more panicked than it should have.

            “Yes Justin?” The footsteps stopped, and the voice had a slight scare to it.

            “I don’t know your name,” Justin said sheepishly.

            “Oh sorry dear,” the voice said and gave a low embarrassed chuckle. “It’s Anna.”

            “Okay Anna,” Justin said with a smile and knew that if he could see her he would let his eyes sparkle. “I’ll call you when I’m done.”

            “Okay Justin,” Anna replied and Justin heard the footsteps begin and it wasn’t long before he was alone again, even for a short while.                      

 

            “So what have I missed?” Anna’s cheerful voice brought him back to reality.

            “Johnny called the lawyer,” Justin replied suddenly feeling very open.

            “Really?” The shock in Anna’s voice was evident. “What about? If you don’t mind me asking.”

            “They found the driver of the truck that hit me,” Justin said softly and he heard Anna sigh. “They want to sue.”

            “And what do you think about that?” Anna asked and Justin shrugged, he still hadn’t had time to process his feelings on the subject.

            “I…its okay I guess, right?” he asked hesitantly and Anna laughed softly.

            “Yes it is Justin,” she replied and led him further down the corridor they were walking along so they could sit outside and enjoy the sunshine.

            “That’s what I thought,” Justin whispered and he felt Anna pull them to a soft stop.

            “Justin, this is a good thing,” she told him, probably sensing the uncertainty in his voice. “It can help you move towards closure.”

            “I know,” Justin agreed and bowed his head a little. “But not everything can be cured with a lawsuit.”

            “Of course not Justin,” Anna’s voice came again as they began moving again, “But some of it can.”

            “Like what?” Justin wanted to know and Anna sighed.

            “Your self blame for one,” Anna said softly, “I can see it in the way you talk Justin, and you blame yourself for everything.”

            “But it is my fault,” he began as tears threatened to fall again “If I hadn’t...”

            “Well you did,” Anna replied, “But you weren’t the one who was driving that truck now were you?”

            “No, but I could have watched where I was going,” Justin retorted as they stopped so Anna could open a door.

            “And so could the driver of that truck,” Anna reasoned, “Do you think he was watching where he was going?” They stepped through the door and Justin heard the birds and could hear the crunch of gravel beneath his feet.

            “We can’t say that he...” Justin began but stopped, realising that Anna had a point.

            “You have no proof to say the driver was driving carefully,” Anna said as she led him a bit further, “So you can’t go blaming yourself when blame could easily be put on the driver. You have to wait and see, before you start pointing fingers. Like my mother used to say, don’t count your chickens before they hatch.” And even though she didn’t know it at the time, Anna’s words calmed Justin down tremendously, taking a pile of weight from his shoulders.

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki