Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
This chapter is quite short but i felt as if the info here was very important to the story so enjoy...

            Dr Hart was sitting at her desk, shifting through the files of all her patients, and finishing paper work when the phone call came through.

            “Dr Hart,” she replied answering, the phone and not looking up from her work.

            “Dr Hart? Hello this is Dr Halifax from Orlando General,” a male voice came. Dr Hart stopped what she was doing and leant back in chair.

            “Ah, Dr Halifax, how can I help you?” she asked rubbing her eyes and sniffling a yawn.

            “I was the doctor who looked after one of your patients, a Mr Justin Timberlake?” Dr Halifax informed her.

            “Ah yes your name was mentioned in my file. What can I do for you?” Dr Hart answered, leaning back forward and quickly grabbing Justin’s file.

            “Well,” he replied, “I don’t know if you were informed but, Mr Timberlake received major damage to his occipital lobes after the accident.”

            “Yes, that’s what my file says. Is there anything else?” Dr Hart questioned with a nod, she heard Dr Halifax sigh.

            “Unfortunately yes,” he answered, and there was a shuffling of paper from his end.

            “What is it?” she asked, grabbing a notebook and a pen to write down any further information.

            “Well, the damage is more visible on the right hemisphere of the patient’s brain,” Dr Halifax answered.

“Why was this information not relayed to either me or my patient?” Dr Hart asked with shock shuffling through Justin’s file to find evidence of what Dr Halifax and just told her. “My patient should have been notified at the time of his accident.”

“Yes, I know he should have, but at the time when he was a patient here we thought the damage was only in that one area and had not spread,” he replied as Dr Hart took in a sharp breath as she received this information.  “But when you called for the information we rechecked the scans that were taken and saw that was not the case.”

            “Have you contacted Mr Timberlake’s family?” Dr Hart questioned him.

            “No not yet,” he answered, “I was going to get to that after I spoke with you  and made sure you knew so you could inform Mr Timberlake.”

            “Good, I’ll let him know as soon as we’re done here,” she nodded and put down her pen. “Was there any other information that was unnoticed before that I should know about?”

            “No not that I can see. But you know what the information I just relayed to you means don’t you?” Dr Halifax asked and Dr Hart nodded.

            “Yes, I took a few biology classes in university but please re-fresh my memory,” she answered, closing her eyes.

            “Well, as you know Mr Timberlake is a musician and the damage to his right hemisphere could affect his musical ability to some extent,” Dr Halifax replied.

            “To how much of an extent?” Dr Hart asked, wondering how she was going to relay this news to Justin.

            “To an extreme. Because the damage is so severe,” Dr Halifax responded, and Dr Hart shook her head.

            “Thank you Doctor,” she told him, “Is that all?”

            “Yes that’s it,” he answered, “Have a good night.”

            “Okay, I will. Thanks,” she replied, “Good night.”

            “Good night,” Dr Halifax said before hanging up. Dr Hart sighed and replaced her phone, but not before she quickly picked it up again and dialled a number.

            “Hey Anna? Yeah, it’s Doctor Hart. Can you get Justin to come see me? It’s urgent. Thanks.”

 

            Justin had been sleeping, or that’s what he thought he was doing. He had been trying to sort out the thoughts that were running through his head. His confession to the guys, and the pending law suit, all ran through his mind.

            After he’d confessed to them, the doctor had stressed that he keep on trying to formulate music in his mind and try to write something. To keep his mind of the other things, and to try and over come this new problem. But how could he do that, when the music was the one thing clogging his mind the most?

He had been fighting these thoughts, and had been half asleep, when Anna came into his room and informed him that Dr Hart wanted to speak with him right away in the middle of the night.

            So here he was, in that office that smelt of the woods, just him and Dr Hart. Mike had been asked to give them a few minutes, and Justin knew that meant something bad.

            There was a tension in the air before anyone spoke.

            “So you wanted to see me?” Justin asked the obvious question.

            “Yes I did,” Dr Hart’s voice replied with a sad tone to it. “Justin, are you still having difficulty writing music?” Justin was caught off guard with her question, and hesitated for a second or two.

            “Yeah I am. Why?” he asked, and the doctor sighed.

            “Justin, I want you to do something for me, can you try and sing a song that you wrote?” Dr Hart requested and Justin shrugged.

            “I don’t know, I mean I haven’t tried,” he answered, he fiddled with his fingers.

            “Well can you try?” she asked and Justin nodded.

            “Okay,” he whispered, and blocked out everything in the room, trying to focus on the one song that meant something to him. ‘Never Again’.

“Okay, in you time,” the doctor told him.

“Would have given up my life for you, guess it’s true what they say about love its blind…..” His voice trailed off, as he realised it was seriously off key. “What’s wrong with me?” He felt his voice breaking with tears.

“Justin, it’s okay,” Dr Hart’s voice came trying to console him. He shook his head, and fought back the tears.

“I mean, I know the words, I can hear the song in my head. But that, that was crap,” he muttered, “Why?”

“Justin,” Dr Hart began knowing she had to tell him. “I received a call from the hospital today.”

“The hospital?” Justin asked and Dr Hart sighed.

“Yes,” she answered, and then began to tell him what Dr Halifax had told her. Knowing that which each word, she was breaking his heart.

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki