Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Here is the next chapter.... and voting has begun at silent tragedy so go vote!!! Thanks for all the support for this story you've all been great and i appriciate it!!! Anyways enough of my babling and on with the story!!!

Justin knew his decision had been the right one. And as he sat alone in the darkness that enveloped him, he knew it even more. However his thoughts were still evaded by those of his mother. He still felt guilty about buying the bike even though he knew the possible consequences, and now he knew he had to address the issue with her.

It had been two days or so since his decision to stay longer at the center, but in that time nothing much had changed. He hadn’t heard back from Johnny about the law suit, and he hadn’t had the courage to call his mother to talk to her.

He sighed as he sat across from the doctor and placed his hands in his lap as he heard her making the long awaited phone call. After a while of idle chatter, the phone was placed back into its receiver and Dr Hart cleared her throat before addressing him.

“Justin?” Dr Hart’s voice asked, he lifted his head up at the sound of her voice. “I just spoke with your mother, she said she’ll be here as soon as she can.”

“Okay,” he whispered in a small nod, he was afraid of facing his mother.

“Well, while we wait why don’t we talk some more?” Dr Hart asked, “How are things going Justin? Do you feel better that you decided to stay here longer?”

“I guess so,” he replied and paused, wondering how he really felt. “Yeah I do, feel better I mean but at the same time I feel scared because I don’t know where to expect.”

“What do you mean?” Dr Hart’s voice questioned, Justin sighed and rubbed his hands together, he could feel the raw skin that had accumulated due to the heat of the recent weather.

“Well,” he began and licked his lips, “I just.. I’m afraid of what I might find once I cross the line of what I might find when I get there.” He held his breath and waited for her to respond.

“Justin, life is a journey that we travel,” Dr Hart began softly after thinking about what he just said, “A journey with many different turns that we are all not too sure about, but in time accept.”

“I know,” he answered and sighed, “But sometimes I wonder if I need to take anymore turns. I mean I’ve already gone down so many roads in the past three weeks, I don’t think I can handle anymore.”

“Then if that is the case Justin, what are you still doing here?” Dr Hart asked softly, “Because without taking those roads how are you ever going to gain back what you lost?”

“I can’t gain back my eye sight,” Justin whispered and the doctor sighed.

“I’m not talking about that Justin,” she answered and leaned forward to place a warm hand on his arm. “I’m talking about your music. I know you’re scared to continue on this path we’ve created here but this is the path that’s going to lead you back to your music.”

 

A few minutes later, after the doctor had finally managed to convince Justin that his decision was a good one and he was not to be scared, Lynn rushed into the office and sat down next to her son.

“Justin,” she said and leaned over to envelop him in a motherly hug. “Is everything alright?”

“Yeah mamma,” he answered, and Lynn immediately knew he was not.

“Justin honey, what happened?” she asked with confusion and looked at the doctor for help. “Doctor?”

“I think Justin maybe having second thoughts about his decision to stay longer,” the doctor explained with a small smile and glanced at Justin, “But I don’t think that is why Justin wanted you to come, right Justin?” Justin sat silent for a few minutes, not answering and Lynn looked at her son about to say something before he spoke up.

“Yeah,” he barely whispered, and Lynn set a frown into her features, worried about her son. “I’m sorry mamma.”

“For what honey?” Lynn asked confused at what Justin was referring to. She placed a hand on his back and rubbed it gently. “Justin? Talk to me here.”

“I know you said I shouldn’t be sorry, but I am,” he continued as if he hadn’t heard what his mother had said. “And I can’t shake the feeling out of my mind.”

“Justin I don’t…” Lynn began but Justin cut her off, continuing.

“Mamma, I know as much as you say that I wasn’t being selfish I know that I was, deep down inside I know. And I can’t stop the feeling,” Justin replied sadly, Lynn sighed and closed her eyes wondering how she would get through to her son.

“Justin, it wasn’t your fault. Okay, so you wanted the bike but even I knew I couldn’t stop you,” she said after a while and he opened his mouth to speak.

“But I should have listened,” he whispered and she shook her head.

“No, you didn’t have to Justin,” Lynn answered softly, “I just said those things because I’m your mother and I worry. But you weren’t being selfish; you’re a grown man I can’t tell you how to spend the money you earned. We’ve already been over this honey.”

“I know, but mamma I still brought the bike, and I knew the possible consequences,” Justin whispered and Lynn sighed. She looked at the doctor not knowing how to convince her son another way.

“Justin,” Dr Hart broke through and looked at Justin, “Everyone knows buying a bike is dangerous. You just happened to be one of the millions who unfortunately got to see the danger. It was fate Justin, unfortunate fate.”

Justin sighed with a defeated nod, and Lynn knew that her son knew the consequences. She also knew that her son knew that the doctor was right. What had happened to Justin was fate, unfortunate fate that took away the two things that meant the most to him. His sight and his music.

 

The next day, after Lynn had left him again Justin found himself sitting with his four brothers. They had wanted to talk to him about something; but as of yet no one had spoken a word.

“So, um, J how are things?” JC asked slowly, Justin could tell JC was still upset about his decision.

“They’re better but it’ll take time,” Justin replied softly with a nod.

“Yeah it will J. I, um, we’re glad you’re thinking like that right guys?” Chris’ voice asked, there was a unanimous agreement from the others before Dr Hart interrupted them.

“Ahhh, good everyone’s here we can begin then,” the doctor’s voice said as Justin heard footsteps entering the room and stopping just a short while later.

“Why are we here doctor?” Lance’s voice asked with confusion as Justin heard the doctor sigh.

“Well, I thought it would be good for you all to talk because I think he needs that in order to help him with his recovery,” Dr Hart answered in a low voice.

Justin gave a small smile, because what the doctor had said was true, he hadn’t seen any of the guys or spoken to any of them properly for a few days now and he desperately wanted to talk to the guys.

“I think so too,” JC’s voice came softly as the others agreed with him.

“Well good, because I want to focus on how you will all cope once Justin is released from the center. The one thing I want you to understand is that once Justin goes out into the real world things will be a whole lot different,” Dr Hart began to explain. “And I hope the bond you have will carry on through the hard ships that will face you.”

“We will doctor, don’t worry,” Chris answered and Justin felt an arm being slung over his shoulders. “We’ll be there for J no matter what. Right kid?”

“Right,” Justin nodded with a small smile, he realised that the doctor really had no idea about the bond that the five of them shared.

“I know you will all be there for Justin. But what about each other? This effects not only Justin but the rest of you as well, I hope you realize that,” Dr Hart reminded them, she didn’t sound as harsh as the words could have meant.

There was a short silence for a while, as none of them had really realised that. They knew that Justin would definitely be hounded by press and it would effect him the most, but they had never really thought about themselves because Justin was their number one priority at the time.

“We don’t care about what the world has to say about us,” JC’s voice said defensively, “All that matters is Justin, as long as he’s alright…”

“Well, I know that because of me you have to go through all the secrutiny,” Justin answered as he felt tears in his throat, “And I’m sorry for that.”

“Why are you sorry J?” Chris’ voice questioned, “You couldn’t help what happened.”

“Yes I…” he began before the doctor cut him off.

“No Justin you couldn’t, we’ve been through this a thousand times,” the doctor said gently, “You could not have avoided what happened, because fate cut in remember?”

“I know but…” Justin began and JC cut him off.

“No buts J, you’re alright and that’s all that matters,” JC’s voice reaffirmed.

“But Jayce,” Justin interrupted quietly. “I’m not alright.”

“What do you mean J?” JC asked, as Justin felt eyes on him.

“I mean, that I think Dr Hart is right. This isn’t only effecting me, it’s also effecting you guys and that upsets me. To know that I…” Justin began but was cut of by Joey.

“J, don’t think like that,” Joey said.

“Joe’s right J,” JC’s voice cut in, “You aren’t hurting us. This is just effecting us press wise, but we can handle that. All that matters to us is you.”




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki