Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Oh God... i'm so sad to see this story going under the finished stories section.. but honestly it was the best and favourite story i ever wrote because it was different than anything else i've ever done... i want to thank everybody who stuck with the story until now and also those who nominated Justin's character over at Silent Tragedy for best portrayal... there will be other stories comming up such as Destiny, Stained, Playboy and a new one i'm currently working on.. also i will finished the unwanted series as well as missing and a sense of.... so look out for that... but anyways once again thanks everyone for a great support system for this story.. enjoy the last chapter!!!

One Year Later: Grammy’s 2007.

 

           

            “This year the Lifetime Achievement Award is being presented to an artist who has truly shown the Academy that anything is possible,” JC’s voice came from the podium with Chris, Joey and Lance all behind him nodding in agreement as they watched Justin sitting in the crowd.

            At first when the Grammy organisers had approached Johnny with the idea that the guys should present the Lifetime Achievement Award Justin had been upset, and he still was, because he would not be included.

            Johnny had said it was because he was scared of what the reaction would be if Justin presented the award with the other guys, but something told Justin that wasn’t the truth, something was up.

But even so, as Justin sat in the plush red chairs, surrounded by his cocoon of darkness, listening to his four brothers present the Lifetime Achievement Award, he thought about his life and how it had changed over the past year……

 

            Ever since he had left the center after two months of staying there, he had gained everything he needed to make it in the real world.

            “You’re going to do great Justin,” Dr Hart’s voice spoke to him as she hugged him. He could tell that they were standing outside the glass doors to the center, just on the top step.

            “Yeah Justin, and remember if you need anything we’ll be here for you,” Anna’s voice cut in with a smile. Justin smiled and reached to hug her.

            “Thanks for everything,” Justin smiled and reached out for Cameron’s hand so she could help him down the stairs.

            “Justin wait, we have a gift for you,” Dr Hart’s voice stopped him in his tracks, he shook his head with a smile.

            “You didn’t have to…” he began but was stopped by Cameron’s voice.

            “Justin, don’t be stubborn,” Cameron laughed softly and Justin chuckled beside her as he heard footsteps rushing away and back again.

            “Here we go, give me your hand Justin,” Anna’s voice said after a while, and Justin obeyed. He reached his free hand out for Anna, but instead of receiving a hand he received smooth, hard wood.

            “What is it Anna?” Cam? Doctor?” Justin asked confused as Anna guided his fingers around the wood.

            “It’s just a little something to help you along the way,” Anna’s voice smiled softly.

            “It’s beautiful,” Cameron’s voice came from over his shoulder, and Justin nodded with a smile.

            “I’m sure it is,” Justin said, “Thank you Anna, doctor. Thanks for everything you’ve done for me. If it wasn’t for you, I don’t know…”

            “It wasn’t all us Justin,” Dr Hart interrupted him; “It was everyone around you.”

            “I know,” Justin answered and hugged the doctor again. “I know I’m not alone.”

            “That’s right,” Dr Hart replied with a small laugh. “Now go on, get on with your life.”

            “I will, and again thanks,” Justin responded softly as he felt Cameron tug gently at his hand. “Thank you Anna, for being my friend.”
            “No problems honey,” Anna laughed and pulled him for a hug as well. “We’re gonna miss you, and remember don’t let the passion die.”

            “I won’t,” Justin replied, “Bye guys.”

            “Good bye Justin,” Anna’s voice said and Cameron softly tugged his hand.

            “Baby? The guys are waiting,” Cameron reminded him gently. He nodded and gave a light sigh.

            “Well I better go, good bye guys,” he smiled and let Cameron lead him down the steps. As he walked he realised the present that had been given to him helped him walk without much help.

            “Good bye Justin! Don’t forget about us!” Anna’s voice called as he stepped into the car and he knew he would definitely never forget them….

 

            “As me and my three friends stand up here today, ready to present this Award to its recipient we are very proud and honoured to be able to do so,” Chris’ voice cut through his thoughts, continuing from where JC had left off, and made Justin focus his attention back to his friends. But it was hopeless, his mind managed to wander even further….

 

            “That’s cool J,” JC smiled at his friend as he watched Justin bopping his head softly at the music playing in his head, “Really cool.”

            “Yeah kid, you’ve really come far,” Chris agreed nodding his head and sitting beside JC as they never took their eyes off their younger friend. “He’s improving a lot.”

            “Correction he has improved,” JC corrected realising their friend would not pay attention to what they were doing anytime soon.

 Ever since Justin had come in this morning, he had a bright smile on his face because he had suddenly been able to hold a tune. But it really hadn’t been sudden, for the past two months each of the guys would meet up with Justin to help him, like they had promised.

And now here they were, and here was Justin able to hit another note in his book, able to create the music he wanted to make, without any of the limitations that had been brought to him by life.

“Hey J, you ready to put some of this down solid?” JC called standing up and stretching as he walked over to his younger friend and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Yeah?” Justin asked as he felt a hand being placed on his shoulder, he stopped singing and moved his head about.

“You ready to lay this one down solid?” JC asked, and Justin smiled so much so that you saw crows’ feet forming at the corner of his eyes.

“Yeah, I think I’m ready,” Justin answered and helped himself stand up. “I’m ready to do this.”

 

“Because the candidate for this year’s award is someone who is admired and has strengthened our belief, that anything is possible as long as you believe in yourself as well as others. He has passed through mountains of criticism and piles of obstacles just to be where he is today,” Lance’s voice added. Justin pulled himself from his memory and tried once again to concentrate. But Lance’s words struck a chord with him because it mirrored his own life in the past year and as a familiar tune filled his ears Justin’s mind filled with another memory….

 

“You can’t give up now J,” Joey told his friend wrapping him in a big Joey hug, “You’ve come too far. Remember what Anna said?”

“Yeah,” Justin nodded and tried to figure out where Joey’s voice was coming from. “I shouldn’t let them get to me like that.”

“Right,” Joey nodded and patted Justin on the shoulder, “Because they need to show you respect. We’ve always known how to handle the press kid, especially you. I don’t wanna see that sizzle now.”

“I’ll try not to let it Joe,” Justin sighed in agreement. “But sometimes I can’t help it.”

“I know kid,” Joey said sympathetically and pulled Justin in for another hug. “But try okay? For me and the others.”

“I will Joe,” Justin nodded just as footsteps were heard rushing into the room, and someone panting heavily.

“Hey C, who’s chasing you this time? Is it Jayce or Lance? And if so how close were they?” Joey asked the new person who grunted in response and Justin chuckled.

“Ha-ha very funny Joe,” Chris’ voice came in a series of pants, “I’m glad you find that so amusing. But anyways J, guess what?”

“What C?” Justin asked still trying to control his chuckles.

            “I just came back from talking with Mike, who just talked to Johnny, who just talked to Clive…” Chris began and Joey cut him off.

“Hurry up old man we don’t have all bloody day you know,” Joey laughed and Chris sighed.

“Yeah okay hang on,” Chris said and took a breath, “Okay, so anyways they all told Mike to tell me to tell you that you know your new record? Your solo record?”

“Yes, he knows what you’re talking about. He did record it you know,” Joey said sarcastically and Justin laughed.

“Yeah what about it C?” Justin asked, his nerves suddenly acting up as he sat up straight.

“Well my friend,” Chris continued triumphantly and had a dramatic pause. “It made it to the number one spot on Billboard!”

 

“A year ago he believed his world was truly over, but today he knows differently. He knows that the choices we make in life are not there to be mourned against, but rather to learn from them and take what we have learned as new information to what we already know,” Joey’s voice came with a  smile to it. Justin grinned to himself, because he knew what they were saying was true for himself he had over come a lot in the past few months….

 

Justin sighed and fiddled with what he presumed was the end of his shirt out of nervousness as he and his mother sat alone in her kitchen knowing they needed to talk about what each was feeling.

“Justin…” Lynn’s voice began cutting through the silence of the room and starting the conversation.

“Mamma,” Justin cut through and took a deep breath in, “I wanna tell you something.”

“What is it honey?” Lynn’s voice asked laced with curiosity. Justin sighed and ran a hand over his head.

“I don’t think me buying the bike was the right idea obviously,” Justin began and continued before his mother could cut him off, “But in the past few weeks, with my album coming out and all I really feel that maybe this all happened for a reason you know? Maybe I was supposed to have that accident and meet the people that I did because I had a lesson to learn. I had to learn I am never alone in my life and that things such as the accident are things I can’t control. It was fate, so I guess it wasn’t really my fault then was it?”

“No Justin it wasn’t,” Lynn’s voice said as she pulled Justin closer to her for a hug, with a smile in her voice. “And you know what honey? You’re absolutely right. You had to learn a lesson; you had to learn that the accident wasn’t your fault.”

 

“Anyways, on to the main reason we are all standing up here tonight,” JC’s voice continued, “This year’s Lifetime Achievement Award recipient is someone that all four of us have grown to love just like another part of our family, because he is our family. He is a brother to us, a brother who we could not afford to loose. This year the Academy is proud to present its Lifetime Achievement Award to Justin Timberlake.”

Justin felt his heart stopping as JC said his name, and a ripple of applaud filled the room. He sat there, stunned that this could happen to him, before someone gently nudged his sides.

“J, dude, go on get up there,” Trace’s voice whispered in his ear. Justin nodded and reached out for a hand to help him get up. He felt his mother grab his hand gently and pull him up into a hug.

“I’m so proud of you baby,” she whispered into his ear and hugged him tighter.

“Hey J, you wanna join us up here and grab this thing?” Joey’s voice joked from the stage, Justin chuckled and nodded.

“Go get that award honey,” his mother whispered after a while as her grip loosened around him, “You deserve it.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki