Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            An hour or two later, Justin was still not feeling like himself. He’d introduced himself to the group and after many ‘ahh’ and ‘ohhh’ he was allowed to sit back down again. He knew these people didn’t know what he looked like, but they’d heard of him. He was Justin Timberlake, one fifth of Nsync. One of the most eligible bachelors in the world, who was now blind.

            He received a call from his best friend Trace, even this wasn’t allowed, but seeing as he was who he was, he got the privilege. Trace hadn’t been able to see Justin since before the accident because he had been away in a remote part of the world with Elisha, his fiancée, and didn’t know what had happened but once he’d heard what had happened he came right back.

            “J, I need to see you make sure you’re ok,” Trace said to Justin, Justin smiled hearing his friend panic.

            “It ok Trace, I’m fine,” Justin said calmly but really he wasn’t and Trace knew it.

            “J don’t lie to me. I’ve known you all our lives, your not fine,” Trace said, “I’m coming to see you. When the family and friends meeting?”

            “I don’t know, Mike says tomorrow at like three, you can come then,” Justin replied giving in, he didn’t want his best friend to see him like this but there was no way he was going to stop Trace from coming.

            “Okay then, I’ll be there,” Trace said. “I can’t wait to see you dude, you’ll be fine.”

            “Yeah I hope so Trace,” Justin replied. “Well, um, I have to go meet with my counsellor but I’ll talk to you tomorrow yeah?”

            “Yeah okay,” Trace said, “See you Justin. Say hi to Mike for me, and take care.”

            “I will. See ya Trace,” Justin said and the phone was hung up. Justin then felt himself feel something he had never felt before, he felt far removed from the world he once knew.

 

            “So Justin, how do you like it so far?” Dr Hart asked when Justin had his first official private meeting with the doctor.

            “It’s okay,” Justin said shrugging and groped around for Mike’s hand. That had been the only thing that kept him reassured the whole day, knowing that his bodyguard, the man that was supposed to protect him was there.

            “Nice to hear it,” Dr Hart said and there was a pause as Justin presumed she wrote a few notes. “So are you excited about your family and friends coming tomorrow?”

            “Yeah I am,” Justin said with a slight smile, and it was true. He couldn’t wait to hear his mother’s voice again.

            “Great,” Dr Hart said and paused. “So how has everything else been? How are you adjusting?”

            “I’ve been good,” Justin replied, “Especially because I have Mike here.”

            “Yeah I can see that,” Dr Hart said, “You seem to get along well with Mike. How long have you worked for Justin Mike?”

            “Since the group began, back in 1996,” Mike said, “But I was not Justin’s bodyguard for all that time. I was Lance’s but then I swapped with Justin’s prior body guard Randy in 1997.”

            “Why was that?” Dr Hart asked.

            “Because he couldn’t deal with Lance,” Justin said with a small smile and the doctor nodded presuming it had to be some sort of inside joke that they shared.

            “Well I’m glad you’re cheering up Justin,” Dr Hart said, “So are you ready to talk about the accident?” There was a pause, and for a while Justin didn’t say anything. He knew he remembered the accident, well parts of it anyways but he wasn’t sure he wanted to talk about it, yet.

            “I…” he said and he voice trailed off as he tried not to break into tears.

            “It’s okay if you’re not ready. It’s just with your family coming tomorrow and all; you may want to talk about it before hand you know? Just so that you feel comfortable about it later,” Dr Hart replied sensing Justin’s hesitation.

            “It’s not that,” Justin said quietly. “It’s just that I don’t know how to.”

            “Well like I said you don’t have to, it just may be good for you to,” Dr Hart replied. “Look if you don’t feel comfortable talking to me about it, maybe you could talk with Mike later? At least talk about it with someone Justin, before you have to talk about it with everyone.”

            “I don’t know,” Justin replied uneasily and felt Mike squeeze his hand for reassurance.

            “Justin, we’re not pressuring you into anything you don’t want to,” Mike said softly.

            “Yes Justin, we’re not pressuring you. We just want you to know that you have people here to talk to if you want to okay?” Dr Hart asked and Justin slowly nodded with a small smile.

            “Yeah okay, thanks,” Justin said although he really didn’t think he’ll be talking to anyone anytime soon.

            “Well then at least we got a bit done yeah?” Dr Hart said after a while. “I guess we’re done here, look if you need anything just call me.”

            “Thank you doctor,” Mike said and Justin nodded, “We will.”

            “Yeah thanks,” Justin said, “Um, can we go now?”

            “Yeah sure,” Dr Hart replied and looked at Mike.

            “Yeah okay Kiddo, let’s go,” Mike said and helped Justin up. “Thanks doctor, see you tomorrow.”

            “See you tomorrow guys,” Dr Hart’s voice said as Mike led Justin out of the room. “Bye.” And Justin heard the slight closing of a door, and he knew they had left the office. As Mike led them down the hallway and back to their room, Justin knew what he felt it there was not good. But he couldn’t help it; he just didn’t want to talk about anything that had anything to do with the accident or his life before that.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki