Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
This is short but it was worth it's own chapter..

            “No mom, I’m getting the bike,” Justin said looking at his mother. Lynn smiled at her son, but Justin knew she didn’t agree with idea so much.

            “Justin honey, I just don’t think it’s a great idea,” Lynn said trying to reassure her son that it was a bad idea.

            “Come on mom,” Justin said with one of his infectious smiles. “It’s so cool. It’s a Harley.”

            “I don’t care Justin,” Lynn replied with a stern look. “I just don’t like the idea of you on something that goes that fast.”

            “Why not?” Justin asked, and his mother sighed.

            “Because, you have hardly any control of what you’re doing,” Lynn replied and Justin took her hand in his, squeezing it for reassurance.

            “Mom, you worry too much,” he replied with a smile and she sighed.

            “I have to, I’m your mother,” she said with a slight smile.

            “I know mom, and you don’t have to worry,” Justin said. “I’ll get the bike and it’ll be perfectly safe, I’ll wear a helmet at all times.”

            “What if something happens to you?” Lynn asked with worried eyes.

            Justin smiled and hugged his mother to comfort her, “Don’t worry mom, nothing will happen. I’ll be perfectly safe.”

 

            Justin opened his eyes, and felt himself unable to breathe as he remembered the conversation with his mother. He slowly sat up and groped around trying to find something to hold on to.

            “Mike?” Justin called and he heard a stir as Mike moved in his bed.

            “Yeah Kiddo?” Mike asked sleepily.

            “Um are you asleep?” Justin asked and he heard Mike sigh and get up.

            “No, I’m up,” Mike said, “What’s wrong?”

            “Can we talk?” Justin asked with a shaky voice, unsure of what to say to Mike.

            “Yeah definitely Kid, what’s on your mind?” Mike asked and Justin heard the bed squeak as Mike repositioned himself to face Justin.

            “Um, I had a dream,” Justin said.

            “Yeah? What about?” Mike asked with a soft tone.

            “Well about me and my mom, and the conversation we had about me getting the bike,” Justin said quietly.

            “Oh, what was the dream about?” Mike asked with a concerned tone. Justin took a deep breath in and tried not to let his smile, that was plastered on his face, waver.

            “I told her…” he began and tried to think of what to say. Mike didn’t pressure Justin; he just waited until the younger man was ready. “I told her not to worry, and that I’d be perfectly safe.” And with that Justin broke down into tears, most probably the first tears he’d cried in a long time.

 

            Mike comforted his boss for a long time after Justin broke down. He’d never seen the young man cry this much, and he had enough pain to last him a life time. Mike presumed Justin felt guilty as to what he’d said to his mother before buying the bike.

Anyone who knew Justin knew he hated telling his mother something that wasn’t the truth. And now as they looked back on past events, telling Lynn that’d he’d been fine, could be perceived as a lie on Justin’s part.

            “Justin,” Mike said after a while. “I think you should talk to your mom about what was said between the two of you that day.” Justin cried harder and shook his head.

            “I can’t Mike,” Justin said, “I can’t believe she’s still talking to me after what I said.” Mike smiled and looked at Justin.

            “Kiddo, you had no idea what was going to happen,” mike said trying to calm Justin down. “It wasn’t your fault; you truly believed you’d be safe.”

            “But I wasn’t,” Justin cried. “I knew what she said was true, but I was too bloody stubborn to listen.”

            “Justin, you can’t blame yourself for what happened,” Mike tried again, but Justin wouldn’t listen.

            “But I just had to go and buy the bike right? Now look at me, mom must be so heart broken,” Justin said and cried harder.

            “She’s not Kiddo,” Mike said, he knew that much was true. “She’s coming today remember? Why don’t we call Dr Hart and we can tell her what happened so you can prepare what to say to your mom?” Justin sighed and shook his head. He lifted his head and wiped away what he could of his tears.

            “No, I can’t talk to her about this,” Justin said, “It’s too personal.”

            “Then who Justin?” Mike asked with concern.

            “You are the only one who knows me well enough in this place,” Justin said, “You know both me and mom, you were there from the beginning. That doctor wasn’t.”

            “Yeah, but Justin she’s a professional. I’m not,” Mike said, “She can help you more than I can.”

            “I know but I don’t trust her,” Justin said adamantly and Mike sighed nodding his head.

            “I know Justin, but you have to,” Mike replied and put a hand on Justin’s shoulder. “You have to learn to trust her, you’re going to need her believe me.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki