Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            Justin sat in the room with Mike, waiting for his family and friends to come, although it was only going to be a selected few. His mom, dad, step-parents, Trace, Cam, Johnny and obviously the other guys.

            He took a deep breath in and thought about what he’d talked about with Mike, he was nervous because he knew he’d have to face the facts with his mother.

            “Justin?” Mike’s familiar voice asked interrupting his thoughts. “Your parents...” Justin nodded knowing what Mike was going to say because he heard the footsteps entering the room, and as they did so he heard his mother.

            “Justin honey,” Lyn said and Justin heard her feet moving closer to him. He slowly stood up with the help of Mike.

            “Mom,” Justin said as he felt her near him and take him in her arms.

            “How are you coping?” Lynn asked her son, he felt her breath on his ear as she whispered the words to him.

            “I’m okay,” he managed to squeak as he smelt her perfume. It was the same one he’d grown up with his entire life. “Is dad here?”

            “I’m right here son,” his father, Randy, said as Justin made out another pair of feet walking towards him.

            “Hi dad,” Justin whispered and wondered what to do. His father had only seen him once since the accident, in the hospital.

            “I’m sorry I haven’t come round more often, but Jonathan and Steven…” Randy began but Justin stopped him, he understood. When it came to his step-brothers, Justin would have wanted them not to know about this, not yet anyway.

            “You didn’t tell them right?” Justin asked as his dad embraced him, he felt his father shake his head.

            “No, but the media… they watch a lot of TV. You know Jonathan, he’s a typical nine year old,” Randy said and Justin nodded.

            “Yeah,” Justin whispered, “I just wanted to tell them myself.”

            “Its okay son, they understand. Lisa and I explained to them your situation,” Randy replied and Justin nodded.

            “Thanks dad,” Justin whispered. “Speaking of, where are Lisa and Paul?”

            “We’re here Justin,” Paul’s, his step-father, voice came from some where on his left. “We’re here for you.” Justin let go of his father so that he could hug Paul.

            “Thanks Paul,” Justin said hugging Paul back. “Lisa?”

            “Justin,” Lisa, his step-mother, said and hugged Justin tightly. “We’re so proud of you.” Justin smiled softly and let go of her.

            “Um, thanks,” he said as Lynn took his hand and turned him to the right.

            “Justin?” Lynn said, “The other guys are here, including Trace.” Justin smiled and nodded as he heard more footsteps entering the room. “So is Cam.”

            “Cam?” Justin asked in almost a whisper, he didn’t know what to expect because he hadn’t wanted to let Cameron, his girlfriend, see him since the accident. She’d come and visit, but he hadn’t let her see him because he was afraid of how she’d handle it so this was a new experience for him.

            “Justin baby,” Cameron’s voice came and Justin felt someone pull him to them. He knew from the minute their bodies touched it was her, he knew by the perfume she wore, and by the smell of her shampoo.

            “Hey Cam,” Justin said with a whisper as he hugged her back. He felt her hand on his chin as she kissed him on the lips, and it was the first time that he truly knew how she felt about him; he could feel it in her kiss. “I’m sorry I didn’t let you…” he began but she stopped him.

            “It’s okay, I get it. But now I’m here and I’m not going anywhere,” she whispered in his ear, he smiled and nodded.

            “Good,” he muttered and leaned forward to kiss her again.

            “J, man thank God!” Trace’s aspirated and panic filled voice filled his ears, pulling him away from Cameron. Justin smiled as someone, who he presumed to be Trace hugged him like a long lost brother.

            “Hey Trace,” Justin said hugging his friend back. “Glad you could make it.”

            “And miss seeing my best friend? Hell no,” Trace said refusing to let go of Justin, “I needed to see for myself that you were okay.”

            “I’m fine,” Justin said, and pulled away from Trace.

            “Good, because I ain’t going anywhere, ever again,” Trace said and Justin heard everyone chuckle.

            “Don’t give your life up on my account,” Justin said and Trace laughed, it was good to hear someone laugh.

            “My life? What life man? Without you I don’t have a life,” Trace said slapping Justin on the back and Justin laughed.

            “I know man,” he replied with a smile.

            “J.” Justin heard someone say, and hearing the voice made his whole day.

            “Hey Jayce,” Justin said knowing what his friend sounded like. “You sound different than when you sing.”

            “Um, thanks I guess,” JC’s voice said and Justin was pulled into a hug. “How’ve you been?”

            “I’ve been coping,” Justin said in all honesty, and JC nodded.

            “Good, at least it’s something,” JC said hugging Justin. Justin hugged him back.

            “Yeah it is,” Justin replied. “Are the others here?”

            “Hey Jayce outta the way. Quit hogging him, we want to see him too,” Chris’ unmistakable cheery voice said somewhere behind JC.

            “Hey C,” Justin said smiling at the sound of Chris’ voice.

            “Hey little bro,” Chris’ voice said again and Justin felt Chris grab him and hug him tightly like a big brother. “How’s the new pad?” Justin laughed a little at Chris’ humor and nodded.

            “From what Mike said, pretty nice,” Justin said with a smile.

            “Yeah you’re right,” Chris said, “But they could do better, I mean come on they’re housing the famous Justin Timberlake for God’s sake!” Everyone laughed at that, even Justin.

            “Yeah, but C the most important thing is for him to get better,” Lance’s voice said as someone pulled him away from Chris and hugged him. “Hey J.”

            “Hey Lance,” Justin said hugging the person he presumed to be Lance.

            “So you okay really?” Lance asked and Justin nodded, just like Lance.

            “Yeah really,” Justin replied.

            “Good, because that’s what we want,” Johnny’s voice said and Justin felt Lance being pushed away from him. “Out of the way Lance, I’d like to say to my client.”

            “Hi Johnny,” Justin said in a meak voice.

            “Hey Kiddo,” Johnny replied hugging Justin.

            “Thanks for everything, with the press and all,” Justin said hugging Johnny back.

            “No problems,” Johnny replied pulling away from Justin. “I have to look out for you guys remember? It’s my job.”

            “And a very good one,” Paul said and everyone agreed. “Thanks Johnny for everything.”

            “Everyone out of the way!” A voice declared and Justin was grabbed from Johnny and thrown into a big bear hug. “J! We missed you! Or more importantly I missed you!”

            “Hey Joe, I missed you guys too,” Justin said hugging Joey and smiling.

            “So when are you getting out of here so we can have you back?” Joey asked and Johnny chuckled.

            “Joe, he just got here,” Johnny said, “He’s gotta stay for a while before we can have him back. Right Justin?”

            “Right Johnny,” Justin said with a small chuckle. “But I can’t wait to get out of here, so I can go back home.”

            “Well, good to see everyone here,” the voice that Justin knew belonged to Dr Hart said. “And it’s nice to see someone made Justin smile.”

            “Joey has that ability,” Johnny’s voice said and everyone, including Justin, laughed.

            “Well then we’ll have to keep you around Joey,” Dr Hart replied.

            “As long as I get to stay with J, that’s cool,” Joey replied and the doctor chuckled.

            “Well then, why don’t we get started?” the doctor asked, “Everyone take a seat then we can begin.” There was shuffling in the room and as everyone took their seats, and Lynn and Trace helped Justin back into his chair the meeting began.

It was supposed to be a family and friends meeting, but the way Justin felt, it was really a family thing because everyone he cared about in his life was there and to him, that was family.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki