Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            Justin didn’t know how long the meeting lasted but when the meeting ended he regretted it, because now his family would have to leave him. He didn’t want them to go, they’d all talked things over so much, and them leaving meant he’d begin to feel lonely again after he’d began to feel whole.

            “Mom please don’t go,” Justin begged holing on to his mother. He heard Lynn sigh as she kissed his fore head.

            “Justin honey I have to,” she said softly in his ear. “But I’ll be back with everyone else on Friday.”

            “But Friday’s forever away,” Justin whimpered because to him it was. He could no longer tell how long the days had become, now that he wasn’t able to witness the sun setting.

            “No it isn’t. It’s only two days away,” Lynn said with a smile. “Love you son.” Justin sighed and hugged his mother.

            “Love you too mamma,” he said going back to his childhood ways. He would always refer to her as ‘mamma’ when he was scared or felt alone, and Lynn knew it.

            “Don’t be afraid Justin, and you’re not alone,” Lynn whispered to her son, Justin nodded.

            “I know mamma, I just feel scared sometimes. Like I’m lost and have no one to help me but Mike,” Justin replied.

            “I know Justin,” Lynn said rubbing her son’s back soothingly. “But Mike will take care of you until I see you again okay? You won’t be in any harm or alone.”

            “I hope not mamma,” Justin replied quietly and Lynn smiled pulling away from him.

            “You won’t, trust me,” Lynn said softly and as she left. As her footsteps walked away, and as he let go of his mother’s hand, Justin once again felt all alone.

           

            Justin found his mind wandering a few hours later as he sat in the doctor’s office, waiting for the session to begin. He thought about what had been said in the session and wondered if that is what the doctor wanted him to talk about, and whether he was ready or not to talk about it.

            “Justin?” Dr Hart’s voice asked him, interrupting his thoughts. Justin snapped out of his reverie and lifted his head up in the direction of the voice.

            “Yeah?” Justin asked quietly, he heard her shifting papers around.

            “Are you okay? You seem a bit lost ever since the session with your family and friends,” Dr Hart asked softly. Justin sighed, and wondered whether or not to tell her.

            “I’m okay thanks,” Justin muttered deciding that maybe he didn’t want to talk to her yet.

            “Justin, we can’t keep going at this forever,” Dr Hart said gently, “You can’t deny what you feel.”

            “I’m not, I feel fine really,” Justin said adamantly and he heard her sigh as she didn’t believe a word he had just spoken.

            “Fine, would you like to discuss the session?” Dr Hart tried and Justin shrugged.

            “There’s nothing to talk about,” Justin said, although that was not true. He desperately wanted to be able to tell her how he felt about being in his situation, but for some reason he couldn’t.

            “Are you sure?” the doctor asked and Justin nodded, she sighed and shuffled some more papers. “Okay then, I guess we’ll talk later.”

            “I guess so,” Justin replied and felt around for Mike to help him stand up.

            “Hang on Kiddo,” Mike’s voice came. “I think you should talk to her, she can help.”

            “Mike, I…” Justin began; he wanted to remind Mike about what he’d told him earlier. “I can’t.”

            “Justin…” Mike said trying to convince Justin, but Justin shook his head.

            “It’s okay Mike,” the doctor’s voice said. “If Justin doesn’t feel ready to talk he doesn’t have to, it can be hard.”

            “It’s not that, it’s just...” Justin began but the doctor interrupted.

            “I know Justin and its okay. I’ll let you guys go and we’ll talk tomorrow okay?” Dr Hart asked as Mike gently took Justin’s hand and helped him up.

            “Thanks,” Justin mumbled and nodded to let Mike know he was ready to leave.

            “No worries, we’ll try again tomorrow. Go get some rest you’ve had a long day. Bye guys,” Dr Hart replied as Mike led Justin a few steps forward.

            “Bye doc and thanks for everything,” Mike’s voice replied for the two of them. “Let’s get going Kid; I heard they got pasta on the menu tonight, your fave.”

            “Bye doctor,” Justin replied as Mike led him out of the room, he heard her reply with a soft ‘bye’ before Mike closed the door.

            “Justin, you should have talked to her,” Mike said once they’d walked a bit further.

            “I know Mike, but I just can’t. I don’t trust her,” Justin reiterated and Mike sighed, placing a strong hand on Justin’s back to guide him a bit more down the hallway.

            “I know you don’t, and being you I don’t blame you. But you’ve got to try Justin,” Mike said and Justin nodded.

            “I know Mike,” he replied as Mike made him turn a corner. “But I just can’t, I don’t know why, I just can’t.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki