Blind Sight by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            After a long workout Justin headed to the studio. He fastened his helmet and hopped on the bike, driving as fast as he could to the studio, he was late. He drove and drove, not once looking at what was going on behind him. He got to on of the many stop lights, and as he quickly looked up and down the street, he decided to tail it before it turned red.

            He crossed the street, and just as he was about to reach the other side something whacked the back of the bike. Justin felt his body hit the ground, and before he could crawl out from under the bike he felt himself being dragged backwards with the flow of traffic. He felt himself begin to panic and thought he would stop breathing, he looked around him, and all he saw was the world passing him by quickly.

            Then he felt it, the pain that soared through his head, he closed his eyes to try and stop it, but it wouldn’t go away. Finally his body stopped moving, and he dared to open his eyes. But when he did he couldn’t see anything, just black. He panicked, his heart beat quickened and then he passed out.

 

            “Mike?” Justin woke up in a sweat, and again had no idea where he was. All he knew is that Mike was there. “Mike?”

            “What is it Kiddo?” Mike’s voice asked from somewhere in the room. Justin tried to calm down his breathing and groped around him so that he could sit up.

            “Um, can we talk?” Justin asked, and Mike sighed. The bed next to him creaked as Mike sat up and yawned.

            “Sure thing, what happened?” Mike asked with a slight annoyance in his voice, Justin knew Mike was getting upset with being awoken all the time like this, but he was willing to listen to what Justin had to say.

            “I had another dream,” Justin said quietly as his breathing slowed down.

            “Do you want me to go get Dr Hart?” Mike asked with caution and Justin shook his head.

            “No,” he breathed, “No, don’t leave me here alone.”

            “Justin, I’m not going to leave the room, I can call her on the phone,” Mike replied, but still Justin shook his head.

            “No don’t call her,” Justin said and as Mike sighed signalling that he would, Justin shook his head. “It’s okay, I’m okay now.”

            “You sure?” Mike asked with an uncertain tone to his voice.

            “Yeah I’m sure,” Justin said and laid back down. “It was just a dream, a bad dream.”

 

            “Mike said you had a dream last night,” Dr Hart said to Justin the next morning after breakfast. Justin sighed and shook his head wondering why Mike had told her that.

            “Yeah I did,” Justin muttered and heard the shuffling of papers. He was getting used to the doctor’s office now, with the smell of old oak filling the air, it sort of reminded him of home in Shelby Forest.

            “Did you talk to him about it?” Dr Hart asked and Justin shook his head.

            “No,” he replied and hoped she would change the subject.

            “Why not?” Dr Hart asked quietly, Justin shrugged.

            “I didn’t need to,” Justin tried so that they wouldn’t have to talk about it more. He heard Dr Hart sigh and he knew what she would say.

            “Justin, you have to talk to someone,” Dr Hart said. “If not me, then at least talk to Mike.”

            “It’s okay, I said I didn’t need to,” Justin said adamantly becoming stubborn again.

            “Justin, you denying things won’t make it better,” Dr Hart tried. “You need to be able to talk about what you experienced that day so you can move on.”

            “Move on to what?” Justin asked, and as he did so he noticed his voice rising and Mike’s strong hand on his shoulder.

            “Justin calm down,” Mike said with a reassuring voice.

            “I am calm Mike,” Justin snapped turning his head in the direction of Mike’s hand, Mike and the doctor both sighed.

            “You know Justin, the longer you refuse to talk to me the longer you will have to stay here and the longer it will halter you recovery,” Dr Hart’s voice said after a while. “Personally I don’t mind, I’ll stay here all year if we have to. But the choice is yours Justin, if you want to get out of here and get on with your life you’re going to have to learn to talk to someone about what you experienced.”

            “I’ll be fine thanks,” Justin said with even more stubbornness than ever and the doctor sighed. “Mike, can we go now?” Justin heard Mike sigh in disagreement but he helped Justin up anyway.

            “See you later Justin, when you’re ready to talk,” Dr Hart said and Justin snorted as Mike pulled him out of the office and said goodbye.

            “Justin…” Mike began with a stern bodyguard tone that he hardly ever used unless Justin had done something he wasn’t meant to.

            “What Mike?” Justin snapped, “Did you expect me to just open up to her after a day of knowing her?”

            “Well no,” Mike began and Justin nodded furiously.

            “Good, because I’m not going to,” Justin said and Mike sighed. As much as he enjoyed being Justin’s body guard, there was one thing that annoyed Mike the most about Justin, the boy was bloody stubborn.

           

            Dr Hart sighed as Justin left her room; she knew that he wouldn’t trust her. Because he had a high reputation, but she really wanted him to leave that behind and realize that he needed to trust her. Her phone rang and she picked it up.

            “Dr Hart,” she said as she cradled the phone on her shoulder and typed up her notes on the computer at the same time.

            “Dr Hart? Hi it’s Johnny, Justin’s manager?” Johnny’s familiar voice said.

            “Ah Mr Wright, what can I do you for?” she asked pausing and leaning back in her chair.

            “I was just calling to find out how Justin’s doing,” Johnny asked and she sighed.

            “Okay I guess,” Dr Hart replied, “But to be honest he’s not opening up.”

            “He’s not? How so?” Johnny asked and Dr Hart shrugged propping her feet up on the desk.

            “Well Justin just refuses to talk to anyone but Mike,” Dr Hart replied and Johnny sighed.

            “Is that good or bad?” Johnny asked and the doctor closed her eyes to think.

            “Well it depends on how you look at it I guess,” she started. “It’s good in the sense that at least he opens up to someone about the accident. But it’s also bad because then he’s setting himself to rely on one person only. I need to be able to get into his circle of trust; otherwise I’m afraid there’s nothing much we can do here.”

            “What do you suggest?” Johnny said with a sigh. “Justin’s had Mike around him since he was fifteen, he trusts him like he trusts no one else. Mike is the man that Justin has had to rely on for protection since then.” Dr Hart smiled and nodded silently before answering.

            “I know Mr Wright, but he has to also open up to others,” Dr Hart said.

            “I agree Dr Hart, but what can we do about it? If I know Justin, and I know him, he’s as stubborn as a mule when it comes to these things,” Johnny said with a small chuckle. Dr Hart laughed and shook her head as she became serious again.

            “Mr Wright, I can see that Justin needs Mike, and I know you can’t allow him to be away from Justin but maybe that’s what Justin needs, to be away from Mike for a while so he learns to open up to me and the other doctors here,” Dr Hart suggested. Johnny gave a deep sigh of question.

            “I don’t know doctor, but if it’s what you think it’s what’ll get him to recover quicker then I guess okay,” Johnny said with uncertainty.

            “It’s not that I think he needs it, I just believe he’ll benefit more if he had to learn to trust someone other than Mike, because he needs to see that Mike isn’t going to be here forever,” she replied taking down her hair.

            “I understand doctor,” Johnny said in agreement. “I’ll do what ever you need, so when should I let Mike know he should leave and for how long?”

            “Well as soon as possible would be gone, and only for the weekend by that time I hope to have Justin opened up,” Dr Hart said with a smile. “Thank you Mr Wright, I know this won’t be easy for Justin but he’ll benefit from it.”

            “I believe you,” Johnny replied, “I’ll call Mike in the morning and have him leave for the weekend, and then he’ll be back my Monday. You understand I can’t let him go longer right?”

            “Yes I understand,” Dr Hart replied, she knew she couldn’t get Justin without a bodyguard forever, but a few days would do. “Thank you.”

            “No problems, I’ll see you tomorrow at the session doctor, nice to know Justin is okay otherwise. Good afternoon,” Johnny replied.

            “Afternoon Mr Wright,” Dr Hart said and the hung up. She smiled to herself as she continued to look through her files, and read more and more about the man that just left her office. He was a celebrity yes, but this was not the man she’d read about.

This man was different, he was quiet and withdrawn and unsure of who to trust. That was not the man people had written about, the man people knew. Now, with the permission of Johnny, all she had to do was bring Justin out of his shell.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki