Unbreakable by westernway


Number of reviews: 87
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Thank you all so much for checking out this story! I can't tell you how great it is to actually get reviews and hear from readers! It truly is a gift and I can't thank you enough!

I just wanted to say that I'll try and update as soon as I can but I have university exams next week (and then summer!) so I'll be busy studying...I just wanted to give you all a heads up so you don't think I abandoned this story...that's my biggest pet peeve of them all!

Thanks again and I hope you like this chapter!
Unbreakable: Chapter Three





JC sighed as he turned over in his sleep groaning slightly. It was already close to midnight and he was absolutely exhausted after the day’s events. Sighing loudly he sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. There was no use in trying to sleep when he felt wide-awake. But the weird thing was he was so tired he wanted nothing more than to put his head back on the pillow and pass out. But he knew that wasn’t possible

“You’re so exhausted you’re wide awake,” JC muttered to himself as he got out of bed and got dressed. He was sure a nighttime visit to the roof was just what he needed. There was something about watching the never-ending city life of New York City that put him in a trance.

Leaving his room he walked down the long corridor towards the elevators pausing briefly to look at Justin’s closed door. He could hear muffled talking inside and JC had half the mind to knock on the door and talk to him but he knew Justin. When he was this mad he was better left to his own devices. When he wanted to talk, he would seek JC or one of the other band mates out.

After the whole interview episode, Justin had locked himself in his room ignoring Chris and Joey’s pleas to go clubbing with him that evening. He had taken dinner in his room and was on his phone all day, no doubt talking to his mother or trying to get a hold of Britney to patch things up with her. But Vivian, on the other hand, hadn’t been seen since she stormed off from the car. No one knew where she was and her mobile phone was either silent or she was screening her calls. JC knew she would turn up or else she would forfeit her job position.

He kept up his pace until he finally walked out into the crisp night air, a slight breeze making him sigh with content. The slight buzz of the city could be heard hundreds of feet below him and he walked through he rooftop gardens and verandas until he came to the edge of the building. He placed his hand on the railing and looked down his vision blurring as he came face to face with whirring lights and blinking lights.

“Hello JC,” a quiet voice said next to him and he jumped slightly. Vivian was sitting on the edge of the building, her legs dangling over the side and her upper body resting against the railing, her arms crossed over the railing, her head resting on top of them.

“Have you been up here all night?” JC asked her as he walked closer to her, he whistled lowly when she nodded, “You must be starving.”

“I’m alright,” she said her voice strong and yet he could still hear a hint of pain resonating in her clear voice.

“He’s not mad at you, you know,” JC stated and Vivian merely shrugged.

“Does it matter? He’s taking his anger out on me because he can’t do it to Carson, simple as that. He’s looking for someone to blame when he should be yelling at the studio for their mess up,” Vivian replied still looking at the skyline.

“Then why are you still up here?”

“I like the view,” she replied before he sat down beside her and copied her exact position, his legs swinging over the side next to her placid legs.

“Don’t,” she said as her hand shot forward and rested a hand on his knee, “That makes me nervous.”

“Well look at you, you’re so small you’d probably fall right through that railing and tumble for miles and miles and then we’d be without a PR agent,” he added with a small laugh. She remained silent and kept her gaze on the flickering lights, the awkward silence deafening in his ears.

“You went to Colombia didn’t you?” he questioned after a few more seconds of drawn out silence. She nodded slightly and turned to look at him, clearly interested in where he was going with this. “Well we have two more days left here before we head back to Orlando, did you want to try contact some of your friends to hang out?” He watched as Vivian sighed and moved her head away.

“I didn’t have anytime for friends while I was in college,” she said her voice void of any emotion.

“Not a single one?”

“Nope, not enough time. I wanted in and out of college so I could get my career started.”

“Well what did you do when you were lonely?” JC asked clearly confused that someone could spend their time in a highly social setting and not make a single friend.

“This city has eight million people crammed into a tiny island, how could you possibly get lonely?” she questioned.

“You have a point there,” JC said, “but you don’t have to be lonely now, if you need to talk I’m here…”

“No offense JC, but you hardly know me, and I hardly know you,” Vivian stated as she continued to stare off into space, JC becoming slightly annoyed with how impersonal she was being.

“I disagree with you there, it’s your job to know everything about us. I think you know me better than my own mother…” he started but she cut him off with a single look before she spoke.

“That’s where you’re wrong. I don’t know everything about you. I know the public JC Chasez, the one that’s presented to millions of people every day. But do I know the private one, the one that comes out when the camera stops rolling and the fans go away? I don’t think so.”

He looked at her with wide eyes. In a way she was right. While she knew all the basics about him and his friends, she didn’t really know him. She didn’t know the first thing about him and that was what startled him most of all, “Jeez Vivian, are you sure you didn’t major in psychology too?”

“I dabbled,” she replied as she turned to look at him a genuine smile tugging at her mouth.

“See, when you joke and smile a bit you’re enjoyable to be around. This is the Vivian we need to see. If you learn to lighten up and joke around instead of being…” he hesitated not really wanting to say what was on his mind. How could he when the word he was thinking of was so hurtful?

“Instead of being a frigid bitch?” Vivian interjected and JC shook his head. It was weird how she could say what was exactly on his mind and be totally okay with it, even when the things he was thinking about where entirely crass. It was probably another gift she had that made her so unique.

“Exactly. I don’t know why you have such a type A personality or if you choose to be like that out of your own choosing, but try to lighten up. I think that’s why Justin is having such a hard time adjusting, he isn’t used to overly serious people. Lance and I are as serious as it gets around here.”

“Then there isn’t much hope for me,” she stated with a small laugh and JC grinned, glad he was making some progress with this girl. In all actuality she was a sweet girl, serious, but sweet and he was excited that she was actually letting him in…somewhat.

“And my offer still stands, if you want to talk about anything “ even if its about molded cheese or the meaning of life…I’m here,” he looked over at her and smile when she started to laugh, it was wonderful to him to see that kind of release coming from a girl who, a few hours ago, had been so serious JC had been reminded of his old grandmother.

“Well thank you for the offer JC, I will definitely come talk to you if I have a problem with moldy cheese,” she joked as she loosened herself from the railing and stood on the roof, waiting for him to do the same.

Once he had finally managed to untangle himself from his position he stood next to her and started to walk towards the stairs with her, enjoying her company. They paused briefly at the stairs and Vivian turned to look at him.

“You sure he isn’t mad at me?” she asked and he could see the restlessness in her eyes and the added tension in her face as she looked at him. JC shook his head and rested a hand on her shoulder.

“He’ll be fine once we get down to Orlando. He’ll throw himself into rehearsals and it’ll all blow over, trust me. Justin doesn’t stay mad at people for very long.” Vivian nodded and walked past him her shoulders a bit more relaxed than what he had noticed earlier.

Stifling a yawn, JC followed her back inside, hoping his words would ring true. He was sure Vivian would never forgive him should Justin stay mad at her for very long. But there was nothing to worry about, it would fall into place in the end.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki