Brotherly Love by adidas76


Number of reviews: 7
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


JC sat across the table, beer in hand, staring at his half brother. It had been Derek’s idea that they should bond after work. They hadn’t really bonded in 29 years, he wasn’t sure why they should start now, but he decided what the hell, maybe he could score while he was there. He glanced around the bar grinning when he saw the hot, blonde doctor from earlier. What was her name again?

JC jumped when he felt a shoe connect with his shin. He swore silently under his breath, glaring at the smug look on Derek’s face.

“What the fuck did you do that for?” JC hissed.

Derek raised an eyebrow. “I told you that Dr. Stevens was off limits.”

“Who?” JC questioned.

Derek rolled his eyes. “The hot blonde at the bar.” He deadpanned.

“Oh, is that her name?” JC questioned before taking a drink of his beer.

“Yes, that is her name. You’d know this if you paid attention to something besides a woman’s bra size.”

“A bra size is important, names not so much.” JC smirked.

Derek snorted in disgust. “I can’t believe we have the same mother.”

JC laughed. “Trust me; it’s hard for me to believe it as well.”

Derek shook his head before getting up to go get another beer. “Grab me one, too.” JC hollered.



JC watched as his brother walked away thankful for a moments peace. He took the opportunity to really look around frowning when he saw some dark haired guy that he’d seen at the hospital with the blonde. Damn, what was her name again? Not really important.

JC watched as another familiar face approached the blonde and gave her a hug. She was the doctor his brother called by name, which of course escaped him. He glanced over to the bar to see his brother looking over at her. That wasn’t just a friendly stare, interesting. JC looked back over toward the woman Derek was staring at shocked to see her heading his way.

Meredith took a seat across from JC. She had made up her mind to let him know that last night would never happen again. She’d already made the mistake with Derek; she was not going to make it with his brother, no matter how good in bed he was.

JC watched on curious as the woman in front of him chewed on her bottom lip.

“Can I help you?” He finally asked.

“Can you help me?” Meredith huffed “I think you already did enough of that.”

JC raised an eyebrow in confusion. “Excuse me?”

“It can’t happen again.”

“What can’t happen again?” JC questioned.

“Us”

“Us?” JC asked.

“Is there a reason you keep repeating me?”

JC shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe because I have no clue what you are even talking about.”

“How can you not know what I’m talking about? We…”

“Do I know you?” JC interrupted.

“Do you know me?” Meredith asked flabbergasted.

“Ok, now who is repeating?” JC smirked.

Meredith’s eyes grew wide as it hit her. He didn’t remember. “Oh shit. I can’t believe this.” She muttered.

“Believe what?” Derek asked taking his seat and handing JC a beer.

JC looked at Meredith then back at his brother who was staring intently at Meredith. He could see the attraction she was very hot. “Not sure, but…” JC looked at Meredith again hoping she’d fill in her name.

“Meredith” she mumbled.

“Was just about to tell me.” JC finished.

“It was nothing, really.” Meredith said trying to leave gracefully, if you could leave gracefully after making a fool of yourself.

“It was nothing?” JC asked.

“Stop that.” Meredith ordered.

JC laughed. “Stop what?’

“That…that repeating everything I say. It’s annoying.”

“Have you two met before today? Usually only people that actually know JC say that too him.” Derek teased.

“Yes” “No” They answer at the same time.

JC looked at Meredith his eyes curious. “We were introduced at the hospital today.” Meredith quickly added.

JC smiled. “I remember.”

Meredith blew out a frustrated breath. “I need to go.”

“Why don’t you stay and have a drink with us?” Derek suggested.

“I really don’t think that’s a good idea.” Meredith replied.

“Are you sure?” JC asked grinning.

“That grin is what got me in trouble the first time.” She thought. “No, I’m sure. I’m really, really sure.”

“Maybe another time?” JC suggested.

Meredith shook her head and left going back over to Izzie and Alex.





JC took a drink of his beer watching Meredith. “What’s her story?”

“Whose?”

“Meredith”

”I don’t’ really know her that well.” He lied taking a drink of his beer.

“You’re lying.” JC laughed.

“No I’m not.” Derek denied.

“Sure you are. Your eyes crinkle in the corner when you lie and the vein on your forehead stands out.”

Derek ignored him taking another drink of his beer.

JC got a knowing look on his face. “You’re sleeping together. What would Addison say?”

“I’m not sleeping with Meredith.”

“Then you wouldn’t mind if I do?”

Derek glared at him. “She isn’t interested.”

JC looked over to where Meredith was sitting smiling when he saw her look away after being caught staring. “She may just disagree with you.”

Derek drank the rest of his beer before getting up from the table. “I’ve got to go.”

“Go? I thought we were supposed to be bonding or some shit like that.”

“I just remembered something I need to do.”

JC looked over to Meredith. “Yeah, there is someone I need to do, too.”

“Stay away from her, Joshua.”

“Joshua?” JC snorted “Why brother, I do think I hit a nerve. Just admit you’re sleeping together and I’ll leave her alone.”

Derek took a deep breath. “I’ve got to go. Try not to be late tomorrow.”

JC watched Derek leave. “And I thought being a doctor wouldn’t be any fun.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki