Brotherly Love by adidas76


Number of reviews: 7
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


JC rolled over onto his back stretching his arms above his head groaning at the dull ache that had formed right behind his eyes. He’d drunk way too much the night before and he had one hell of a hangover to show for it. This day was going to suck.

He startled when the covers moved beside him and a low moan escaped from the person cocooned underneath. He hadn’t remembered bringing anyone home. Upon further inspection he realized he wasn’t even in his home. He carefully lifted the cover trying to see who was lying next too him. Letting it fall back down when that someone protested the sudden brightness.

“Are you ok?” He questioned.

Meredith quickly sat up when she realized she wasn’t in bed alone. JC pulled back at the sudden movement.

“What are you doing here?” Meredith gasped.

JC looked down at her naked body and grinned. “From the looks of things, you.”

Meredith scrambled to cover herself with the blankets shooting an annoyed look at JC when he chuckled.

“You really don’t need to cover up on my account.”

“Are you naked under there?” Meredith questioned instinctively reaching for his covers.

JC laughed. “Most likely.” He teased slapping at her hand.

“I can’t believe this happened again. I’m never drinking again, ever. I’m not kidding this time. Alcohol is not my friend. No sir.” Meredith rambled on much to JC’s amusement.

“Do you always ramble on unintelligibly?” JC joked.

“Only when I have sex with guys I pick up in bars drunk. I seem to be rendered a complete idiot during those times. All my brain cells seem to fly right out the window. Common sense be damned.” Meredith replied her arms moving around as she rambled.

JC couldn’t help it he laughed. “Ok, you are rambling again.”

“Sorry. It’s just something I do.”

JC snorted. “It’s not a huge turn on.”

Meredith rolled her eyes. “What do you know? You sleep with crazy drunk women. Obviously it doesn’t take much to turn you on.”

“Ouch” JC said placing his hand over his heart for affect.

“Right, like that hurt your ego.”

“I don’t have an ego.” JC denied.

“Say that with a straight face.”

JC grinned. “I didn’t think so.” She muttered.

JC started to respond but stopped as the bedroom door flew open. “Oh” Izzie gasped. “Sorry”

Meredith pulled the blanket over her head. Could this day get any worse?

“Meredith? Josh?”

Meredith slowly removed the blanket. The day just got worse. “Derek? This isn’t awkward.” She muttered.

JC looked at his brother and for once decided maybe he should actually stay quiet. Oh what the hell. “Hey brother, didn’t know you gave wake up calls to the interns.”


Derek shot his eyes over to his brother trying to keep from knocking the smug look off of his face before looking back at Meredith. “I think maybe I should go. It seems I have interrupted something here.”

“Derek?”

Derek shook his head. “I’ll see you at the hospital. JC, if I were you I’d move my ass. Today would not be a good day for you to be late.”

JC watched his brother storm out of the room before turning to Meredith. “Care to explain that little tirade?”

“Not exactly.”

“I think I should probably…go.” Izzie said backing out of the room.

“Care to tell me why Derek would be here at…,” JC looked for a clock, “7am?”

“He likes my coffee?”

JC quirked up an eyebrow. “Has he had much of your coffee?”

“No?”

“That sounds more like a question to me.”

“Really?”

“You know, my brother wasn’t very forthcoming with information last night when I asked him about you.”

“You talked to Derek about me?”

“After your little ramble at the table I asked about you.” JC admitted.

“What did he say?”

JC crossed his arms and grinned. “Why so anxious?”

“I’m not anxious.”

“Sure your not.” He stated with a smug look on his face.

Meredith smacked him in the chest. “What did he say?”

JC laughed. “He told me to stay away from you.”

“You’re kidding?”

“Nope, something I should know?”

“Not really.”

“Hmmm? He seemed pretty adamant I stay away from you.”

“I see you listened.” Meredith replied a small smile forming on her face.

“Yeah well, I usually don’t listen too much he says anyway. He’s full of hot air.” JC joked.

“That’s not a nice thing to say about your brother.”

“It’s a lot nicer than what he is going to tell you about me later on when he gets you alone.”

“Really? What sort of secrets will he share?”

JC laughed shaking his head. “Not going there.”

“Spoil sport.”

“Well, I wouldn’t want to ruin my brother’s attempts at warning you away from me by spoiling the punch line. He pretty much lives for it.”

“I take it you don’t get along?”

JC snorted before climbing out of bed. Meredith watched and let out a huge sigh of approval. Oh yeah, he was definitely McSteamy.

JC bent over and grabbed his pants pulling them on. He turned around when he felt eyes on him catching Meredith staring. “Are you staring at my ass?” He chuckled.

Meredith’s eyes grew wide. “NO!”

JC shook his head before leaning down his lips inches away from her. “Then I’m not starting at your chest either.”

Meredith looked down and realized that she had allowed the blanket to fall down. She quickly replaced it turning red from embarrassment. JC licked his lips before leaning in and kissing her deepening the kiss when she parted her lips. He pulled back and smiled at the glazed look in her eyes a twinkle coming to his own eyes. “I’ve got to go or my brother will kick that ass you seem to be so fond of.”

Meredith bit her bottom lip trying not to smile. “It’s not that great of an ass.”

JC laughed. “It’s not that great of a chest either.” JC joked before walking out the door as he threw on his shirt.

Meredith watched him go a huge grin on her face. Maybe the day wasn’t so bad after all. She glanced at the clock. “Damn, I’m going to be late.”



JC knocked on his brother’s office door before sticking his head inside. “Have a seat.” Derek said without looking up. JC walked inside and took a seat across waiting for his brother’s tirade to begin. He was pretty sure he could even count it down in his head. “5…4…3…2…1…”

“When I told you to have your ass here on time did you think that was some sort of joke?”

JC quirked up an eyebrow. “Coming from you? Not hardly.”

“I could have you kicked out of here, you are aware of this aren’t you?”

JC stared at his brother never speaking.

“I assume from your lack of comment you actually get it for a change.”

“No, I actually thought that was a joke.” He dead panned.

Derek got up from his seat and moved around the front of his desk sitting on the corner crossing his arms over his chest trying to establish his position of authority over his younger brother. “You will have to work for everything here twice as hard as the others. There will be no such thing as special treatment.”

“You act like that is something new. When have you EVER given me special treatment? I have to ask myself though…is this because I’m late and you think I’m not taking this seriously or is this because you found me in bed with Meredith. My money is on the latter.”

“This has nothing at all to do with Meredith.” Derek denied.

JC smirked. “Of course not, not my perfect brother. There is no way that the great Dr. Shepherd screwed one of his interns breaking all sorts of hospital rules, not too mention the ethics involved with doing something like that.”

“I think we are done here.” Derek said locking his jaw in anger.

“And here I thought we were just getting started.” JC shot back.

“I believe you have rounds.” Derek instructed getting up and going back around his desk taking his seat ending their conversation.

JC let out a soft snort before getting up and heading to the door. He stopped and turned back around smirking at his brother. “Maybe later on if you feel like bonding some more we can compare notes on…our days.”

Derek glared at his brother; he’d known what he was implying.

“What?” JC laughed, “You thought I was going to say Meredith? I have much more respect for the women I sleep with than that.”

“You need to leave now!” Derek said raising his voice.

JC shook his head and opened the door stopping when he ran into Meredith. “We were just talking about you.” JC said looking back at Derek before returning his attention on Meredith. “I think it’s time for that punch line now.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki