Brotherly Love by adidas76


Number of reviews: 7
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Thanks to those of you who reviewed this story.  I hope you enjoy this next chapter as well.
Meredith stepped into Derek’s office closing the door behind her.  “Can we talk?”

 

“What is there to talk about?”

 

“How about what happened earlier when you showed up at my house unexpectedly?”

 

“I’m not going to discuss that with you.”

 

“Why not?”

 

Derek snorted. “You’re sleeping with my brother.  You don’t see the problem with that?”

 

“No.  You’re sleeping with your wife and that trumps me sleeping with your brother.”  Meredith argued.

 

Derek laughed.  “How on earth does me sleeping with my wife trump you sleeping with my younger brother?”

 

“Half brother and it just does.”  Meredith answered crossing her arms over her chest in defiance.

 

Derek rolled his eyes.  “It doesn’t matter that he is only my half brother you are still sleeping with MY brother.”

 

“And you are still sleeping with YOUR wife.” 

 

Derek rubbed his face in frustration.   “I’m married to Addison, it makes sense that I would sleep with her.”

 

If he was going to put it like that…well yeah.  “I can sleep with whomever I want you don’t get a say in that.”  Meredith stated going on the defensive.

 

Derek let out a small sigh.  “Yes, I guess you’re right.”

 

The corner of Meredith’s mouth slipped into a small frown.  “Derek, I don’t want to hurt you and that was never my intention, but I have to move on.  There is no more you and I so I have to move on.”

 

“He’s my brother, Meredith.”

 

“I didn’t know that at the time.”

 

“What?”  Derek questioned, surely he hadn’t heard her right.

 

“What?” Meredith replied back stalling for time once she realized her mistake.

 

“You said you didn’t know that at the time.  Last night wasn’t the first time?”

 

“Not exactly.” She finally admitted.

 

“Not exactly?  Either you’ve slept together before last night or you didn’t.”  Derek pointed out.

 

“Ok, if you are going to get all technical.  We did sleep together one other time but he was really drunk and doesn’t remember he slept with me.  So, technically I can pull off the one time thing.  I’m sure there is some rule that both have to remember it in order for it to actually count as a sexual experience.”

 

Derek stared at Meredith. 

 

“What?”  She questioned when he continued to stare at her never speaking.

 

“I’m just trying to figure out what I can actually say to that.”

 

Meredith rolled her eyes. 

 

“I’m trying really hard to not interfere with yours or my brother’s life but I feel I need to say something to warn you how my brother is.”

 

“Does he have a girlfriend?”

 

Derek laughed his brother didn’t do girlfriends.  “No, not exactly.”

 

“Not exactly?  Either he does or he doesn’t.”  Meredith replied using Derek’s earlier words.

 

Derek quirked an eyebrow.  “No, he doesn’t.”

 

“Does he have a wife?”  Meredith challenged.

 

“No” Derek replied looking away.

 

“Does he have some terrible disease I don’t know about?”

 

“That one I can’t be sure of.”  Derek mumbled earning himself a hard stare from Meredith.

 

“Then I see no reason at all I shouldn’t continue to…”

 

“Sleep with him?”  Derek interjected.

 

“I was going to say date, but yours works, too.” Meredith shot back.

 

Derek locked his jaw.  This snipping back-n-forth at each other was getting them nowhere.   “Maybe it would be best if we not discuss this like I had originally intended.”

 

“Fine” Meredith answered her tone sharp.

 

“Fine” Derek replied his tone just as sharp.

 

“I have rounds anyway.”  Meredith stated before turning around and leaving Derek’s office. 

 

Derek waited until he knew she was gone before getting up and going in search of his younger brother.  It was time for some more bonding.

 

 

 

 

JC smiled when he saw Meredith sitting at one of the outside tables eating her lunch while reading a book.  He strolled over to her taping her lightly on her shoulder causing her to jump and drop the book she was reading.

 

“Mind if I join you?”  JC asked grinning at her.

 

Meredith couldn’t help herself, his grin was infectious and she smiled before holding out her hand indicating for him to take a seat.

 

JC set his tray down opting to take the seat next to her instead of across from her.   “So…how has your day been going?”  He asked placing his arm on the back of her chair.

 

“It’s been interesting.”  Meredith answered.  “How has yours been going?”

 

“Well, since I managed to get on my brother’s shit list right off the bat today it’s been…what is the word I’m looking for...”

 

“Horrible?”

 

“No horrible is too good for what my day so far has been like.”  JC laughed.

 

“Ouch” Meredith replied. “Have you seen Derek since this morning?”

 

“No, I have managed to avoid him but I somehow think that has me in even deeper shit with him.”

 

“Why do you say that?”

 

“Well, Dr. Bailey told me I was supposed to go to his office earlier today but I sort of ignored her.”

 

Meredith tried to hide her smile.  “Why would you do that?”

 

“I figured it was most likely about you.  He seems to think he can tell me to stay away from you and I’ll listen.  I wanted to save him the embarrassment.”  JC answered looking her straight in the eyes.

 

“Why would it be an embarrassment?”

 

JC moved closer his lips only mere inches from hers, their eyes locking. “Because, I have no intentions of staying away from you, Meredith.”

 

Meredith chewed on her bottom lip as her eyes traveled from his gorgeous blue eyes to his kissable lips. If she moved just a smidgeon their lips would be touching.  “Don’t I have a say in this?”  Meredith asked right before their lips met in a kiss.

 

 

 

Derek stopped in his tracks when he saw his younger brother kissing Meredith.  He stormed over to the table and grabbed JC by the back of his shirt pulling him back.  “What the hell are you doing?” He demanded.

 

JC looked up a little breathless from both the kiss and the shock of his brother yanking them apart.

 

“Get your ass in my office right now.”  Derek ordered leaving no room for argument.

 

“Derek” Meredith started only to stop abruptly because of the look Derek shot her way.

 

“Don’t say a word.” He said shaking his head in anger.

 

Meredith let out a defeated sigh sitting back in her chair. 

 

“Joshua…NOW!”

 

JC looked at his brother debating whether or not to follow him.  He knew if they talked now things would get out of hand quickly.

 

“You better go.”  Meredith urged when JC remained seated. 

 

JC glanced over at her before looking up at his brother.  He shook his head in disgust before getting out of his seat.  “I’ll talk to you later, Meredith.”  

 

Meredith nodded her head and watched as the two brothers left.  She brought her hand to her lips and let out a soft sigh.  “What am I doing?”

 

 

 

JC followed Derek into his office.  “Shut the door.”  He ordered before going around his desk and sitting down.

 

Derek rolled his eyes when his brother made no move to shut the door.  “Shut the door, Josh.”

 

JC clinched his jaw before shutting the door.  He turned around and faced his brother crossing his arms.  “Sit down.”  Derek instructed.

 

JC glared but made no move to sit.  Derek let out a frustrated huff.  “Stop acting like a spoiled child and sit your ass down.”

 

JC walked over to the chair in front of Derek’s desk and took a seat waiting for him to speak. 

 

Derek placed his hands on his desk clasping them together.  He took a deep breath. “When you are an intern in this hospital there are certain rules you have to respect.”

 

JC’s eyes narrowed in challenge.  Derek continued on ignoring him.   “Making out with another colleague in the middle of the hospital for anyone to see is something that you just don’t do.”

 

“But sleeping with an intern is ok, right?”   JC challenged daring his brother to react.

 

Derek locked his jaw in anger.  “This is not the time for you to push me little brother.”

 

JC leaned back in his chair quirking up an eyebrow.  “This would all go so much smoother if you would just admit to me that you fucked your intern and you are jealous as shit that she has moved on to me.”  JC paused smiling at his brother.  “Unless she wasn’t just a fuck.”

 

Derek leaned back in his chair crossing his arms over his chest before meeting his brother’s eyes with his own.  “Fuck them and leave them is your style, not mine.”

 

“Then you really shouldn’t get yourself all worked up over this thing between Meredith and me.  I’m sure she will come running back into your arms before you know it looking for you to mend her broken heart.  Of course, you may want to do something about the fact that you are married and her boss first, but that’s just me.”

 

“I think you need to get out of my sight before I do something I will regret.”   Derek said through clinched teeth.

 

JC stood up placing his hands on Derek’s desk leaning forward.  “You seem to do a lot of things you’ll regret.  Tell me brother, which do you regret more.  Sleeping with your intern or not having the balls to leave your wife when you aren’t in love with her anymore and are so obviously in love with someone else?”

 

Derek abruptly stood up.  “Get the fuck out of my office now!”

 

“Don’t worry Derek; I’ll keep her bed warm for you while you work on all that regret.”  JC said before heading to the door opening it stopping when he saw his sister in law standing there looking shocked.  “Hey Addison, perfect timing.” 

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki