Down The Hall by Sindi


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Hope you like it.

It all started when I was 15 living at home in Orlando, we received an invitation to the prom by Justin, Lavender and Rose squealed by the door. I appeared in the hallway with a confused look on my face they immediately made contact with me and rushed over hugging me telling me the great news.

 

I was ordered to go to the salon to get my hair fixed and sat there for a good few hours just getting my hair done. That was ridiculous.

‘This prom dude know him?’ Sal asked nosily

‘Yeah sort of’ truth was we had never said a word to each other well unless you count that time he asked for a pencil which he never returned. Of course I've found myself staring at him in the hallways as he comes out of his class with the rest of the basketball team laughing and joking like everything was perfect no worry in the world, but that story ends with a bruise on my nose as I went straight into someone’s opened locker door. Or one time I had water on my cheek and they smiled but later laughed their heads off. But I don’t really want to get into my embarrassing moments.

 

The excitement was overwhelming it felt like the butterflies took over my stomach and were flying me high into the air.

My older sisters Lavender and Rose sat me down and did my make up, well they did their best I was very thankful but knew it wasn’t me.

Thank god our dad had gone out he would’ve never let me out especially with make up on, it's unfair on me since Rose is also 15 turning 16 soon and she wears make up. Oh but Rose is allowed on dates and again I'm not so they also have to cover for me. But nothing was going to ruin my evening.

 

Rose even kindly let me borrow her dress. Confessing my fears to my kind sisters I told them

‘I don know what to say’

‘Oh Poppy you act like you've never been on a date’ I'm not acting it's true I haven’t been on a date, so why do my sisters think I have because one time I lied and told them I was eating pizza with a guy he was made up obviously.

 

‘This is different it's not even my prom’ I mumbled hiding my flushing cheeks

‘Yeah, you look gorgeous’ they both smiled looking so proudly at me.

I wish I was gorgeous I probably looked odd but I didn’t care we jumped at the doorbell ringing, I jumped again as they squealed

‘That’s him’ I whispered my hand over my mouth

‘I'll go’ Lavender offered rushing out but I could hear her taking her time adjusting herself, god that sister of mine why does she bother she could wear a granny jumper and look perfect and have guys falling over her, she has that sort of power.

 

‘Rose I wonder how we’re getting there?’ I asked as she stood up peeking out the window

‘Well there's a limo’

‘Really’ I cried looking

‘Yes Poppy, he must really like you, I've never seen you two talk at school’ that’s because I don’t talk to anyone at school it's tough having to have a rep you must go by well…I walk past it. In some way I could be a disappointment to them Lavender is in her last school year and is Queen Miss popular Head Cheerleader even Queen Spelling Bee. She's hardly a ditz then Rose matched the high expectations with flying colours. ‘Rose have you seen her Lavender’s sister wow she's hot’ then came me well I was kind of a mystery for a very long time. But that’s another story later.

 

‘Poppy knock him dead’ Rose said putting her make up away I tried to look at her to see if she was upset but she wasn’t. I walked down slowly he looked absolutely lovely

 

‘Hey’ I spoke up shyly

‘You look amazing’ he smiled

‘Thank you so do you’ once I got the bottom of the stairs he looked me over breathing in deeply he looked up the stairs then back to me

 

‘Well is you sister there?’ he asked softly 

‘Who?’ I asked dumb

‘Your sister’

‘My sister’ I repeated did I look like Rose and he's mistaken me

‘Rose or maybe Poppy like a flower blonde hair’ my heart sank I was a brown red head, blonde was Rose and that told me I wasn’t the sister he wanted

‘Oh Rose’ I stuttered spinning round my back to him as my eyes began to sting and moisten

‘I'll get her’ I breathed out

‘Thanks by the way if you want a lift there's some space’

‘No thank you’

‘I didn’t quite catch your name‘

‘That’s because I never threw it Rose DOOR!’ I cried running away to the study.

‘That night’ I cried my whole heart out.

 
 


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki