Gallery by DiamondLove


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Another story that I wrote, based on the song by Mario Vasquez called, "Gallery." Please revew and I hope you all like it. =)
"C'mon Leeann, hurry up we're gonna be late!" Justin yelled, from the bottom of the stairs. He smiled widely, as he watched her mother Judy walked past him. "Morning Mrs. Baxter."

Judy smiled, as she looked at the handsome 18 year old standing in front of her. "I've known you since you were just a baby. How many times do I have to tell you to call me Judy." She laughed, as Justin blushed.

"Sorry Judy." He apologized, as he looked up the stairs once more. "Hurry up Leeann!"

Judy shook her head. "I tell ya, the older that girl gets, the longer she takes to get ready. I feel sorry for the guy who ends up marrying her." Just then, Leeann emerged down the stairs.

"Oh gee, thanks mom." Leeann rolled her eyes playfully.

Judy smiled, as she walked into the kitchen, leaving the two bestfriends alone.

"And Mr. Impatient. What's the hurry? It's only highschool." Leeann punched him playfully on the arm.

Justin laughed, as they walked out the front door and towards his car. "Sorry, it's just that talent show auditions are this afternoon and I want to be the first on the list."

Leeann nodded. "Ah, okay... Still planning on singing right?"

"You know it girl!" He said excitedly. He opened the passenger door, as she slipped in. He jogged to his side, as he too slipped in, turning on the ignition. "You're going to be there right?"

Leeann cleared her throat slowly, avoiding his eyes. "Um, why are you asking me that?" She asked nervously.

"Well, I haven't seen you for the past month or two.. I was actually starting to get worried." He said quietly, as he made a turn towards the school. "Where have you been hiding?"

"No where." She answered quickly, as she noticed the school coming into view. "I've just been alittle preoccupied lately."

Justin didn't say another word, as he parked his car in the student parking lot. "Well, if your not too 'preoccupied' later, I would really appreciate it if you'd show up at the talent show auditions."

Leeann turned to look at him, noticing the sad, yet hopeful look on his face. "Okay Jay... I'll be there."

Justin smiled, as he turned to look at her. "Thanks Lee." He said, as he hugged her tightly.

"Ya ya whatever. Just for that your buying me lunch." She said, as Justin laughed, making their way towards the entrance of the building.

-------------------------------------

"Good evening students." Mrs.  Spano, the Drama teacher stood in front of the stage. "Thank you all for coming and trying out for our annual talent show auditions. We've received quite a turnout this year, so I should expecting to see a lot of talent." She smiled, as the students applauded.

From the back of the theater, Leeann sat quietly, hiding behind the row of chairs as she watched each student perform a piece of their talent. Well, so much for him being first in line, but after about watching twenty other students, Leeann smiled as she finally saw Justin step onto the stage.

"Good afternoon.." He said sweetly, as the girls in the front of the theater giggled softly. Leeann rolled her eyes playfully. Justin always had a way of making girls swoon. Damn charming bastard. "For my audition, I'll be singing a piece from the Rascal Flatts, called 'What Hurts The Most'.

The small group of people in the theater clapped, as they, Leeann, and the person sitting next to her watched Justin starting the beat of the song on his guitar.

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don’t bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I’m ok
But that’s not what gets me

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin’ to do

Leeann smiled, as she rose to her feet clapping loudly, as well as the rest of the theater. She picked up her bag, as Justin approached them. "That was great Jay! Brilliant!" She exclaimed happily, as she hugged him tightly.

"Thanks Lee." He said happily, when he finally noticed the person standing next to her. "Who's this?"

Leeann gasped. "Oh how inconsiderate of me. Blake, this is Justin. Justin, I'd like you to meet Blake... My boyfriend."

Justin's body seemed to automatically stiffen, as the word 'boyfriend' rolled off her tongue. Boyfriend? But how? "Uh... Di-Did you say... Boyfriend?"

"Yeah, that's right." Blake said, rather rudely as he draped his arm over Leeann's shoulders. "Blake Johnson, Leeann's boyfriend."

A surprised look spilled across Justin's face. "Blake Johnson? As in Edward Johnson's son? The owner of Crimson Night Club?"

Blake nodded, the devilious grin never leaving his face. "Yeah, that's right... I've got the wheels, the dough, and the honeys..." He rolled his eyes, as he noticed the look Leeann was giving him. "All right, just this honey right here.." He winked, as Leeann smiled.

This guy was trouble, Justin thought to himself, as the three of them walked out of the theater and toward the student parking lot. Justin's body seemed to reach boiling point, as watched Leeann waved her hand in the air, dismissing him as she claimed inside Blake's 2006 Saleen S7...

------------------------------------------------

* Two weeks later *

"Justin honey, what's wrong?"

Justin sighed heavily, as he looked at his mother sadly. "Nothing mama."

Lynn crossed her arms over her chest. "Justin Randall Timberlake, you better tell me what's bothering you, before I beat it out of you." She threaten playfully.

"I miss Leeann." He quickly. He looked at his mother, watching her nod her head gently for him to continue. "I haven't seen her or talked to her in almost two weeks."

"And why not?"

Justin snorted angrily. "She's got a boyfriend."

Lynn smiled. "Awe, how adorable. I bet you that they make a very cute couple."

"Yeah, I think he's a total jerk."

A heart-filled laughter escaped through Lynn's full pouty lips. "Oh sweetheart. I know what's going on here." She chuckled lightly, as she looked at her son's facial expression. "You're jealous because Leeann has someone else in her life."

Justin's head shot up, as he looked up at his mother with a shock expression. "Mama! How could you say that. Leeann is like my sister."

Lynn shook her head, a smile spreading across her face. "Alls I'm saying is that you can't stand seeing Leeann with another guy who isn't you." She looked at him for a second before she asked, "Justin, do you like Leeann as more than just a friend?"

Justin sat silent a moment, pondering the question in his mind. There was no way he could see Leeann as anything more than just a friend. They grew up together, spent every moment of their 18 years together. Leeann, in Justin's eyes was nothing more than just a friend, the sister that he never had.

His eyebrows narrowed, as he grew more in thought. But, he couldn't deny that every year that passed, he couldn't help but notice how much she's changed since their childhood. He remembered the freckled face, pigtail, tomboy that she was. But then he thought about her now. The way her gray eyes sparkled every time she laughed at something stupid he would do. Her freckles had disappeared once she hit highschool. And her tennis shoes, jeans, and long sleeves shirt were replaced with shorts, skirts, and fancy blouses, low enough to see alittle cleavage. If he had to admit it to himself right now, he would have to agree that Leeann has grown into a beautiful, mesmerizing woman.

"Justin?"

He moved his gaze towards his mother, after realizing he hadn't answer her question. "Sorry mama. I was just thinking about some things, that's all."

Lynn nodded slowly. "Judging by the looks on your face, I can tell that the answer to my question is yes."

Justin couldn't say anything, all he could do was lower his head, turning his gaze away from his mother.

Lynn sighed, as she placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Sweetheart. It's okay to have intimate feelings for Leeann. She's grown into a beautiful woman and a lot of guys are going to come after her. And that's what happened, this boyfriend of hers must have knocked her off her feet."

"But there's just something about that guy that I don't like."

Lynn shook her head slowly. "Do you even know this guy?"

"No... But I know a good guy and a bad guy when I see one. And this guy is a bad one."

"Aye Justin. Why don't you try talking to him and get to see what he's really like."

"Yeah... I guess I can do that."

Lynn smiled, as she kissed his forehead. She picked up her dishrag and walked back into the kitchen, leaving Justin with his thoughts.

Maybe his mom was right. Maybe he could give Blake a chance. He grabbed his car keys as he walked out of the house.

------------------------------------------

* Later that night *

Blake smiled, as he made his way through the crowd. The music was blaring loudly, the lights and fog glaring around them. He stopped shortly, as he smiled at the person standing in front him, joy written on both their faces. He pulled her slowly towards him, as they started dancing and grinding to the music.

Justin sighed heavily, as he entered the crowded place known as Crimson Night Club.  He had called Leeann earlier, but no one answer. His only guess was that she was here with Blake, at his father's night club. He squeezed his way through the swarm of people, eyeing the entire dance floor. He stopped, as he noticed Blake on the far left side, that was until his cell phone went.

"Hello?... Hello?" He said loudly, over the loud music.

"Justin? Justin can you hear me?"

Justin's heart dropped to the pits of his stomach as he recognized the voice. "Leeann?"

"Justin, where are you?"

"I, I... I'm at a club looking for you."

"Looking for me? Justin, why would I be at club on a Monday night? Are you at Crimson?"

"Yeah... I called you and you didn't answer, so I thought you'd be here with Blake."

"Blake? Jay, Blake's at having dinner with his parents at La Casita."

Justin stayed quiet, for a minute, as he turned to his left. His eyes wide, his anger rising as he looked at the person standing just a few feet away from him.

"Justin? Justin, are you listening to me?"

"Leeann, I'll have to call you back." He said quickly, as he hung up before she could respond. With quick steps, he made his way through the crowd. "Blake?"

Blake slowly pulled away from the girl that he was dancing with. "Oh, sup Mr. talent show."

Justin sighed angrily, as he clenched his fists. "Having fun?"

Blake laughed, as he wrapped his arms around the girl he was dancing with. "Man, when you the money and the honeys, it's all good." He said, as he started making out with her.

Out of reaction, Justin clenched his fist around Blake's polo. "You stupid asshole. What the hell do you think your doing?"

"Bitch, I know you better back up off me."

Justin let go of his shirt, never stepping back. "And what's up with you and Leeann?"

Blake chuckled, as he looked around the club. "Man, what about her? I mean, she's nice and all. But she can't satisfy me. Why stay with just her, when I can have a whole bunch of them who are way better."

That was it. Without even thinking, Justin lifted his fist punching Blake square in the face. In an instant, two bulky security guards lifted Justin away before he could do anymore damage.

"I swear that Leeann will hear about this."

Blake laughed, as he whipped the blood that was trickling down his lip. "Leeann, will never leave me. Because I can give her something that you can't."

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" He asked, trying to shrug off the guards.

An evil smug spread across Blake's lips. "Money..." He laughed, as he watched Justin trying to hit him again. "Get him out here." He ordered the guards, as he watched them walk away. He chuckled lightly, as he turned to the girl that he was dancing with, acting as if nothing had happened.

------------------------------------------

* The next morning *

"Justin, what the hell happened yesterday? You just left me hanging there."

Justin sighed, as he sat on Leeann's bed. "I'm sorry Lee. I didn't mean to, but I had to take care of something."

"And what was that?"

Justin took a deep breath. Well, here it goes. "Leeann, I saw Blake at the Crimson last night." He looked at her slowly. "He was with another girl."

Leeann sighed, as she looked at him angrily. "I don't believe you."

"Leeann, I saw him with my own eyes. He was dancing and making out with another girl."

"Liar! Blake was with his parents last night."

"Leeann, please listen to me. Blake's cheating on you. He doesn't care about you. He has a bunch of other girls that can satisfy him."

Leeann's body stiffen. "What did you say?"

Justin sighed heavily, realizing that this was harder than he thought. "He told me that you couldn't satisfy him."

Leeann's eyes brimmed with angry tears. "Stop lying Justin please... Blake would never do that. He loves me and... I love him."

Justin's heart sank, as he heard the word love escape her lips. "You can't love him? How can you love someone who's going to treat you like dirt, while he has a whole wall of other girls."

Before she could realize what was happening, Leeann's hand went sailing across Justin's face. She stood in front of him, her eyes brimming with tears. "I can't believe you of all people would say something like that. Never, have I imagined my bestfriend would hurt me, just the way that you did right now."

"Leeann please... I don't mean any harm. I don't want to hurt you. That's the last thing that I want to do." He took a deep breath, the pain from her slap subsiding. "Leeann, I care about you. And all I want is for you to be happy. And I know that it isn't going to happen if you stay with Blake."

"Justin please." She said softly. "I know Blake. And he loves me. He can give me everything that I've always wanted."

Justin gasped sarcastically. "Is that what this is all about? Money?" He shook his head angrily. "You know what Blake was right. There is one thing that he can give you that I can't. And that's money."

Leeann looked at confused for a minute. "Justin, wha-what are you talking about?"

Justin shook his head rapidly. "I love you Leeann." He said softly. "It was only recently that I found out that I was in love with you." He took a deep breath, as he cupped her hands in his. "I know there isn't many things that I can give you. I can't guarantee that you'll have the most expensive car, fine jewelry, name brand clothes, or a big home. But one's thing's for sure. I can give you my love. I can give all the love in the world. And that means more than just money."

The tears in Leeann's eyes only increased, as the words left Justin's mouth. There was no doubt that she believed everything tat he had just told her. Including the whole situation with Blake. She knew how Blake was, but she could never agree with him. She was caught in the middle of all this chaos. There was no way out. If she left Blake, she would be certain that he would make her life a living hell. But if she left Justin, her whole world would end at that very moment. Without even thinking, she stepped forward as her lips captured Justin's in the most passionate kiss.

Justin's first reaction was complete shockness, as he felt Leeann press her lips against his. All he could do was wrap his arms around her, kissing her back with an intense urgency that he never knew he had. And it felt great... "Please be with Leeann. Let me love you, let me take care of you. Let me be with you forever."

"I-I can't Justin." She said quietly, as she stormed out of her room.. And possibly, out of his life.

----------------------------------------

* One month later *

The clock above the stage ding loudly, as the time read 7:00pm. The entire theater was filled, people sitting patiently for the beginning to the Orlando High School's annual Talent Show.

"Good evening and welcome everyone to Orlando's High annual Talent Show. I promise you tonight will be filled with great performances and amazing talents. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show." Principal Thomas stated, as walked off the stage.

The applause grew quiet, as the show began. On the far end, Leeann stood quietly in a dark corner, as she waited patiently for Justin to appear on stage. She had a smile on her face, as she waited patiently for Justin to begin. She clapped suddenly, as she saw Justin walk on stage, with his guitar in his hand.

"Good evening." He said softly, as the applause subsided. He took a seat on the stool, adjusting his guitar. "I'd like to dedicate this song to someone special in my life. It was only recently, that I found out how I truly felt about her. But, I guess my love isn't enough for her." He said sadly, as the audience whispered quietly. "I hope things really do work out for her, because money isn't everything."

Leeann's heart sank, as she listened to Justin's short speech. Her eyes brimmed with tears, as he started to play the music.

God broke the mold,
When he made this one I know
She's breathtaking but so much more
She walks in the room, your loves closed
Making you never want to breathe again
Her boyfriend has got so much dough
So much ice his neck and wrist froze
Is he faithful to her? Hell no
But she chose to be with him, shorty

Tell me is the money worth your soul
Tell me what's the reason that you hold on
When you know that dude has a whole wall of 'em just like you
And girl you're just way too fine
Gotta be treated as one of a kind
Girl use your mind
Don't be just another dime

Because

I can't take
Seeing you with him
'Cuz I know exactly what you'll be,
In his gallery
It's just not fair
And it's tearing me apart
You're just another priceless work of art
In his gallery

Tear's brimmed in Justin's eyes, as images of him and Leeann flashed through his mind. He closed his eyes, remembering as he continued to sing, unaware of Leeann's presence in the back of the theater.

She's so confused
She knows she deserves more
Someone who will love and adore
But his money's hard to ignore
She really doesn't know what to do
Girl it's just a matter of time
Before he finds another more fine
After he's done dulling your shine
You're out the door and he's through with you

Tell me is the money worth your soul
Tell me what's the reason that you hold on,
When you know that dude has a whole wall of 'em just like you
And girl you're just way too fine
Gotta be treated as one of a kind
Girl use your mind
Don't be just another dime

I can't take
Seeing you with him
'Cuz I know exactly what you'll be
In his gallery
It's just not fair
And it's tearing me apart
You're just another priceless work of art
In his gallery

He slowly opened his eyes, when he finally spotted her at the far back. Her eyes were glossy, her face just as beautiful, and his heart broke when he saw Blake stepping in through the doors. She had chosen him.

You're a masterpiece
I know that he
Can't appreciate your beauty
Don't let him cheapen you
He don't see you like i do
Beautiful not just for show
Time that someone let you know

I can't take
Seeing you with him
'Cuz I know exactly what you'll be
In his gallery
It's just not fair
And it's tearing me apart
You're just another priceless work of art

I can't take
Seeing you with him
'Cuz I know exactly what you'll be
In his gallery
It's just not fair
And it's tearing me apart
You're just another priceless work of art
In his gallery
In his gallery

He ended his song, the audience clapping loudly, as they stood on their feet. An excellent performance. But, it all meant nothing, as he watched the love of his life walk out of theater with another man......

THE END

"What Hurts The Most" - Rascal Flatts
"Gallery" - Mario Vasquez


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki