Undesirable by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 11
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            Josh likes to lie; actually I think he loves it. I think he get a thrill out of lying about everything and anything that he knows he can’t get away with. I haven’t spoken to Josh in over a week now, and I’m pretty glad because it seems as I still haven’t cooled down after that episode. And Alex, smelt it out like a hound dog before I even had the chance to wash the smell of Josh from my head.

            “He did it again didn’t he?” Alex asks and I just nod. I’m too tired to try and figure out what Alex is saying right now. “God I can’t believe he would even suggest Sara meeting his parents, after all they hate you.”

            “Yeah, but he also wants partial custody of her,” I say and Alex nearly has a cow. “Now don’t your panties in a twist, I told him no. But he still wants to so I told him to bring his precious lawyer into this.”

            “Well good for you,” Alex says with a smile, even though it is forced, he still hates the idea. “Because even a lawyer will see through all the muck and shit Josh puts up, after his ten thousand dollar check bounced on you, that’s called bad parenting.”

            “That’s what I said,” I reply with a sigh, “And I brought up all the other bad parenting tips he could right a book on, all of which he tried to snake his way out of but ended up being stuck in the same hole for ages.” Alex laughs at that, in fact he actually falls about laughing, holding on to the side of the nearest table for support.

            “I would pay to have seen that,” Alex laughs in hysterics. “I’m sure that for once in his life he was speechless.” I laugh because Alex doesn’t realize how well he knows Josh.

            “He was,” I say chuckling, “Actually he looked like a child with his hand caught in the cookie jar.” Alex has to laugh harder than that, this time he actually falls on the floor holding his sides.

            “Oh god, what a killer,” Alex laughs and continues laughing.

            “Uncle Alex?” Sara asks walking into the room and seeing her uncle on the floor in peels of laughter, actually she looks quite scared. Alex stops what he is doing and straightens himself out before picking up Sara.

            “Hi kid,” Alex says with a smile and Sara smiles back.

            “What’s wrong?” Sara asks concerned and Alex chuckles while ruffling her hair.

            “Oh nothing sweet pea,” he says and looks at me, “Your mommy and daddy just made me laugh.”

            “But daddy isn’t here,” Sara points out still confused and Alex nods.

            “Yes, I know,” he says now confusing himself and I laugh.

            “Okay you two, let’s get you to bed,” I say and walk over, taking my daughter from Alex.

            “Okay mommy,” Sara says with a yawn with her eyes half closed. “Is Uncle Alex coming too?” I look at Alex who is about to fall asleep himself and nod.

            “Yes he is,” I say and poke Alex’s side, “Come on sleepy head, in the guest bedroom. You need your beauty sleep.”

            “Fine,” Alex grumbles following me up the stairs, “At least I don’t look like the beast, unlike Joshy boy.”

            “Alex!” I call and we laugh as we put Sara and Alex to bed.

 

            A few days later, Rea and I have decided to take the kids to the park and we’re sitting there soaking up the sun while Matt and Sara slide away. All is going well, we’re talking about Alex and Justin’s busy lives and I’m also updating her on the last visit from Josh. And then guess what? The sun goes away and I begin to get the shivers, as does Rea.

            Now you’d think it’d be something important, something drastic like a storm, but in fact it is nothing like that. It’s just Josh, plain but interesting Josh and his famous timing.

            “Oh God,” Rea mutters under her breath as she looks over to the other side of the park where we see the mighty Josh sitting in the sand box with a bunch of kids. “It’s like he’s spying on you or something.”

            “Yeah, and it bugs the hell out of me,” I reply and quickly scan the park for my child, but she is no where in sight. “Where is Sara?”

            “With Matt,” Rea replies, “And with Josh, they’re the kids playing with him in the sand box.” I groan because now I have to actually go over and talk with the father of my child.

            “I bet this was his plan,” I mutter standing up, “Let’s go save the kids.” Rea nods and stands up with me.

            “I’m surprised his head hasn’t swollen to the size of Mars,” Rea comments glancing at Josh with kids. “They love him.”

            “And he loves the attention he gets from it,” I say as I begin to walk over. “What are you doing here? Is spying your new hobby?” We have reached the sand box, where Sara and Matt are helping Josh build a sand castle. A sand castle that he probably told them was for him and his big ego. Josh looks up and smiles at us.

            “Hey,” he says and slowly gets up. I’m surprised he actually got up for us. “Didn’t know you were here.”

            “Well you are playing with our children,” I say referring to Rea and me, “What did you think? That we’d leave them by themselves? We’re not like you, you know.” But Josh doesn’t let this affect him; he somehow manages to turn it to his benefit.

            “Of course not,” he says with charm as he picks up Sara, “Being like me is too much for you to handle.” I’m actually quite surprised he’s talking like that about me around Sara.

            “Actually being around you is too much for us,” Rea says picking up Matt. “Let’s go home Matt, daddy will be home soon.”

            “Yay daddy!” Matt screams at the mention of his father.

            “See you,” Rea says, “I’ll call you tomorrow.” I nod as she walks away without another word to Josh and as soon as she’s out of ear shot Josh looks at me, all smiles.

            “So how is Justin?” Josh asks, I’m astonished that he even remembered his best friend that once was.

            “He’s alive,” I say because I’m sure he couldn’t care less if Justin was dead in a ditch somewhere.

            “That’s nice,” Josh says and now I know he’s just making chit-chat so I won’t call the cops on him or bring up the fact that he can’t have partial custody. “Shall we find somewhere to sit?” It’s like he owns the park or some shit, but I don’t comment I just nod.

            “Fine,” I say and take Sara from him. “But only for a minute we have to go meet Alex.” I say this to bug him, because in reality we don’t have anywhere important to go, Alex is still working for another three hours.

            “Ahhh Alex,” Josh says trying not to show he’s upset that his child’s face lights up at the mention or hint of Alex’s name. “How is he?”

            “He wants to skin you alive,” I reply and Josh actually chuckles at this, I don’t know why he finds it so funny.

            “Still the same I can see,” Josh mutters and we find our selves in a nearby sunny spot where we sit down under the shade of a huge elm tree.

            “And always will be,” I say, “He doesn’t change like a chameleon, unlike you.”

            “Chameleons change because they are smart,” Josh says and ruffles Sara’s hair.

            “But the difference is, you’re not,” I say with a laugh as Sara squirms over to her father and sits on his lap, oblivious to our argument.

            “Anyways, I don’t care. What I do care about is, me getting partial custody of Sara. You’d like that wouldn’t you Sara? To get to be with daddy?” he asks our daughter, and Sara looks up to him with her blue eyes wide with excitement.

            “Really? All the time?” she asks, because she does get deprived of not having a father. Even though Alex is there, he’s not Josh, thank God.

            “No not all the time, but most of the time,” Josh replies with a smile and I groan. I don’t know why he thinks I’ll allow him to have partial custody when I’ve already told him no.

            “Josh I already told you no,” I say, “And you want to know why? Because you’re the most unreliable person I know. I would rather trust a bat with my child than you.”

            “Now come on,” he says with charm and a smile, “You know that’s not true.”

            “I’d like to believe it’s not but it is,” I say, “Every time you say you’ll come over you don’t, and when you said I’ll be hearing from your lawyer I haven’t and it’s been a week. Now I don’t know about you, but if I wanted partial custody of my child I would have at least made that much of an effort and contacted my lawyer, or does your agenda not allow it right now?” Now Josh looks at me, smiling and eyes sparkling, and the next thing he says takes me by utter surprise.

            “I was hoping you’d change your mind,” Josh says and I roll my eyes.

            “Please Josh, not in a million years would I change my mind,” I say, “But you’re welcome to try.”

            “You’ve changed your mind before,” Josh says and I sigh.

            “Yes when you lied and said you’d be there,” I reply, “But then again you weren’t were you? No, you were God knows where.”

            “But I’m here now,” Josh tries and I shake my head getting up, and picking up Sara as I do so.

            “Yeah well now is too late Josh,” I say, “Let’s go home Sara.”

            “What about daddy?” Sara asks and Josh nods in agreement, looking at me like a sad puppy lost.

            “Yeah what about daddy?” Josh asks trying to be cute.

            “Daddy can find his own way home,” I say, “Now say good bye.”

            “Bye daddy,” Sara says with a sigh. And I know she’s upset about the fact that her father won’t be joining her at home for bedtime stories.

            “Bye Sara,” Josh says getting up and kissing his daughter, “I’ll see you soon okay?”

            “Will your memo allow that?” I ask with sarcasm as I begin to walk away.

            “I’ll make sure it does,” Josh calls after us and I roll my eyes. Yeah right, I’m sure he will.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki