Undesirable by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 11
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Josh, never put anything past him, remember that. Now like I said before, I thought Josh would not keep his promise to his child, because Josh has never kept a promise in his life. So why did he think anyone would open an eye and believe him now?

            But even though they say a leopard doesn’t change its spots, Josh is one of those leopards who like to stand out from the pack. He’s continuously changing, trying to make himself out to be something he’s not.

            So when I came home today, with Sara in my arms and as tired as hell, I did not expect to see anyone. Because having to hear your daughter praise her father, the father who is as sly as a bloody fox, saying he will turn up soon, can give you a head ache. Especially if she’s been talking since you left the house a few hours back.

            Now, I walk up to the house and as soon as I’m about to walk down the pathway I stop in my tracks, literally and nearly have a heart attack.

            “Daddy!” Sara screams in my ear, and my head ache gets bigger. Josh gets up from his position on the porch steps and struts over to us, taking Sara out of my arms and smiling like he’s just won the jackpot.

            “How are the two most beautiful girls on the planet?” Josh asks, and I can swear if I wasn’t in such shock I would have died from laughter.

            “What are you doing here?” I ask finally managing to get a voice and Josh smiles at me, turning on his charm system.

            “I came to see my daughter,” Josh says kissing Sara’s forehead as I look at him in shock. “You didn’t think I’d actually not turn up did you?”

            “Actually I did,” I say and look at him. “It’s been over two weeks Josh.”

            “So? I said I’ll come by real soon, and I always keep my promises,” Josh lies and I shake my head at that.

            “No you’ve never kept a promise,” I say, “Well not to me.” Now Josh takes his eyes off his child for the first time and really looks at me.

            “Now don’t say that Lila,” Josh says laughing, “I have always kept my promises to you.” Now I’d like to find out when, because as far as my memory goes, I don’t remember one time when he promised me something and actually kept it.

            “Like when,” I say walking past him and Sara, “I’d very much like you to refresh my memory.”

            “Okay then,” Josh says walking behind me as I struggle with a million bags of groceries. “Why don’t I do that over a cup of coffee?” I stop in my tracks and nearly drop all the bags as I turn to look at him, did he just invite himself in?

            “Um...” I say because I have no clue what to say to that.

            “Okay then,” Josh says presuming I’m agreeing. He grabs the front keys from my hand and walks right over tot eh door, opening it and stepping inside. Leaving me out in the cold, wondering what happened to the limited amount of manners Josh actually possessed.

 

            Obviously Josh had a hidden agenda when he turned up, why didn’t I see it? Maybe the first clue I should have picked up on was him inviting himself in. The next should have been when he wouldn’t let me put my own child to bed. Yes, he’s been here for ages now, and it’s almost midnight.

            “Why don’t you just go home?” I ask him sleepily, “Or do you not have a home? Some of us have jobs tomorrow you know, I can’t be up baby sitting you all night.”

            “We have to talk,” Josh whispers looking into his glass of my wine.

            “About what?” I ask with a sigh, “Because I don’t want to stay up all night listening to you complain.”

            “No actually, I want to still talk to you about me having partial custody of Sara, without Alex here to butt in,” Josh says bluntly, it seems ever since his child left his arms he’s been down and depressed, like he’s being deprived of oxygen or something.

            “I already told you no Josh,” I say groaning, “How many more time do I have to tell you that? Or are you deaf?” Josh snaps his head up and looks at me, his eyes blaring with anger.

            “No Lila,” he says, “I won’t take that answer. Because if you haven’t noticed I’ve been here all the time.”

            “Yeah when it suits you,” I say glaring back at him, now he’s beginning to get on my nerves. “Where have you been when Sara needs you? Not when you need her?”

            “I’ve been right here,” Josh growls, “In fact, we both know how she loves me being around.” I roll my eyes and try not to beat him.

            “You know Josh; the only reason that’s true is because you manipulate her to believe you are the perfect father,” I reply, “I mean what about the five years before you decided to turn up? Where were you then? When she needed you?”

            “Okay, so I haven’t been there for five years, you caught me. But can’t I least have a chance now?” Josh asks with pleading eyes.

            “What makes you believe that I believe that you’ve changed Josh?” I ask him ignoring his pleading eyes.

            “You just have to have faith,” Josh says and I sigh.

            “I have lost all my faith when it comes to you Josh,” I say rolling my eyes.

            “Well I am sorry for that,” Josh says and I sigh.

            “Are you really Josh?” I ask and he nods but I shake my head. There is no way Josh is ever sorry for anything. I get up and walk to the front door, opening it. “You should go, it’s late and I have to work tomorrow.”

            ‘Fine,” Josh grumbles standing up and walking past me into the cold. “Just think about it.”

            “I have Josh, and my answer is still no,” I say and Josh shakes his head.

            “Fine then,” he replies not looking at me, “Then I’m going to fight you for full custody of Sara, seeing as you don’t want to see me around her.”

            “I never said…” I begin but Josh just walks away without letting me answer. I am now in full shock of everything Josh does, says and thinks. What am I going to do?

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki