She's Only Happy In The Sun by Ashlie


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Pleeeease review! Its my first attempt at a long story and I would love feedback on any help or support. :) Thank you!

 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/xxAshliexx/bagnes.jpg

It was pouring in Boston and people could be seen haphazardly running with their ties and coats whipping behind them. A young man stood still under the large archway of the Boston Harbor Hotel, sheltering himself from the rainfall. The year was 2006 and he was surprised, yet pleased that not a single person had recognized him. He came to Boston on a complete whim; suddenly finding the need to explore the charm of the humble city.

He’d been having a lot of dreams recently of sailing, which caused a somewhat unsettling feeling every time he woke up. As if his dreams were telling him something, but he was unable to figure out what. So here he was, searching for something - - anything. And it was raining.

“I hate the rain.” He looked up and was met with the view of a young woman of about 5’5 shaking water off her red umbrella.

She had strawberry blonde hair that cascaded past her shoulders; the beautiful color stood out against the yellow sun dress that lay snug against her lean frame. She lifted her hidden face to see the young man standing before her and she sheepishly grinned and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

“Sorry, I tend to talk to myself.” She stated, finally finding the courage to meet the gaze of the attractive man. “I just can’t stand the rain. It puts such a damper on a person’s day. Well, at least it does to mine.” She continued to talk not paying attention to the unresponsive listener, who continued to gaze at her with curiosity. “And it’s not like we haven’t had enough of it. It hasn’t stopped raining all week. Now the sun, you can never have enough sun.”

He chuckled as he continued to watch the beautiful young woman in front of him, enjoying just listening to her speak. He loved the way her face would express every emotion as she spoke and how she moved her hands in such an exuberant way.

“Oh god, I’m totally rambling, aren’t I?” She self-consciously ran a hand down her dress trying to press out the wrinkles. “The name’s Mason, but everyone calls me Sonny.”

“Justin. My name’s Justin.” He cleared his throat; a nervous habit he had picked up at a young age. He stuck out his hand and her petite hand firmly, yet gently shook his own.

“Nice to meet you, Justin.” Her lips parted as a set of straight white teeth, all thanks to good habits and braces, shown across her face. He instantly loved the way her hazel eyes looked into his own unabashedly, causing a feeling of contentment within him.

“Are you staying at the Boston Harbor Hotel?”

“Oh no, I work at the hotel. I coordinate all the events that take place at the wharf.” She stretched her arm out behind her, presenting the view of the wharf in a proud but humble manner. Her grin quickly turned into a slight frown as she noticed the floating stage rock against the unsettling water. “There was supposed to be a jazz band performing this evening, but it’s not looking too good at the moment. How about you? Are you staying at the hotel?”

“Uh yea... Not sure for how long though. I’m kind of just playing it by ear.” He shrugged not really finding a good enough reason for his current residence.

“Spontaneous trip, I see. I love those.”

“Yea, I never get much time to take them, so I plan to enjoy this while it lasts.”

“Well, if you need a tour guide or anything, just ask for me at the front desk.” She grabbed a hold of her umbrella and opened it above her head. “I’m not hard to find you’ll see.”

“Definitely!” He exclaimed, quickly clearing his throat to conceal his overzealousness. “I’m sure I’ll need the help of a young woman like yourself.” He said with a smile.

“You should smile more often. You have a wonderful smile.” She smiled back and began to turn around to once again encounter the wind and rainfall ahead of her. “Oh wow! It stopped raining, and the sun is out.”

He looked up to the sky and was surprisingly met with the sun breaking through the clouds. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, enjoying the feel of the sun against his skin.

“I guess it did.” He waved goodbye to the young woman in front of him who illuminated against the glare of the sun, as she began to descend down the stairs, but not without glancing back.

“I hope to see you around, Mr. Blue Sky!” She waved with a bright smile, swinging her closed umbrella as she gained a hop in her step.

“Mr. Blue Sky?” He asked, tilting his head sideways.

“It’s a song. You should listen to it sometime.” She yelled over her shoulder as she hurried to her next destination.

Justin continued to stand there, watching her disappear within the crowd walking along the wharf. Slowly, but surely a bright smile appeared across his face and he gazed down at his right hand recognizing a feeling of warmness transcend from his hand to his whole being. A strong hand placed itself upon his shoulder and interrupted his thoughts. He turned around towards the hand’s owner.

“That seemed like quite the lady.” A husky voice of an older and taller man stated to the younger man before him. He stood more than a foot taller than Justin, and had a tough exterior, yet those close to him knew of his teddy bear qualities. He was Justin’s bodyguard for many years now and had grown a strong protectiveness towards him.

“Yea Mike, she was.”

“So, where to next?” Mike said; breaking the peaceful moment they had fallen into.

Justin continued to hold his gaze against the now calm, reflecting water and knew exactly where he wanted to go.

“Do you know where the closest music store is?”

 

Reference: Mr. Blue Sky - ELO



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki