Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:

Hey guys here is the next long awaited chapter.. sorry for making u all wait so long.. also destiny is nominated over at the satisfaction awards so please go vote!! Voting ends today so go vote if you already haven't!!!

http://srawards.unspoken-pleasures.net/ 

Chapter 14.

 

            He had been arrested. Arrested for something he didn’t even remember taking place or even happening. He couldn’t believe it was happening to him.

            He was sitting with his hands cuffed in the back of a blue and white car, while he glanced out the window to see the doctor arguing with the cops. He couldn’t make out what she was saying, but it looked to him as if she were fighting for him to stay at the center until he’d recovered. He let a small smile grace his features at the thought of someone wanting to help him, but he knew that all her efforts would go wasted as the cops shook their heads and headed back to the vehicle.

            “Crazy woman,” the male officer commented getting into the car and putting on his seat belt. The female officer chuckled and did the same.

            “Yeah, doesn’t she know she can’t stop the arrest?” she asked and quickly looked to the back of the car without a smile. “This is a lost cause.”

            They were talking as if he wasn’t even there, as if he couldn’t hear them. He sighed heavily as the car pulled away and watched the building fade into the back ground, wishing that he was still there.

 

            “Jayce?” he looked up and saw Chris staring intensely at him, wondering how this could have happened. “Did you tell them anything?” He shook his head again and looked down at his feet.

            “No,” he whispered, although he pretty much figured they would have figured it out by now.

            “Good, and don’t ok? We’ll try get you out of this,” Chris replied, he looked up at his friend with disbelief.

            “How C?” he asked and sighed heavily, “I’m already in this as much as I can be. Like I said before you can’t do anything to help me.”

            “Jayce, stop talking like that,” Chris said and he shook his head glaring at his friend.

            “No C,” he snapped and rubbed his eyes with the palms of his cuffed hands, “I’m not going to try talking my way out of this one.”

            “And why not Jayce?” Chris questioned with a frown, “You’re not guilty.”

            “How do you know?” He asked back with a raised eyebrow, “You weren’t there, I was. I saw what happened.”

            “Yeah you did, but you don’t even remember half of what happened,” Chris pointed out. He sighed and nodded, knowing his friend was right.

            “Yeah, but I remember leaning over J when…” he began and let his voice trail off as the images of his dream came back to him slowly causing him to wince.

            “Yeah, after it happened,” Chris said looking at him pointedly, “After it happened.”

 

            He leaned his head back and tried to find a comfortable position on the hard iron bed that was part of his small cell. He hadn’t been able to sleep in days, and he was beginning to feel it.

            He rubbed his eyes and tried not to think of what Chris had said, although it was hard because it was true. He hadn’t actually seen the accident taking place; he’d just seen what happened after the fact, and it haunted him.

            After a few minutes he realised he wasn’t going to get much more sleep so he slowly sat up, careful not to bang his head against one of the iron rods that lay above the bed to make up the top bunk. He managed to smile slightly, as he got swung his legs over the side of the bed and slowly stand up, partly because he knew the reason he didn’t have to share a cell was because of whom he was and he was grateful for that.

            But soon his smile faded and was quickly replaced by the familiar frown that had been gracing his features recently as he remembered why he was there, and it made him want a drink. He craved one; in fact he craved a red bull and vodka to be precise.

            He groaned as he stood and shook his head, trying to rid himself of the craving as he paced up and down the tiny cell, trying to let his mind be consumed once again by the thoughts that had managed to haunt him daily. Thoughts of Justin and what Chris had told him, and how Jake was connected to all this.

            He remembered the day Jake told him about the favour that needed repaying and saying that it was done, and the look in Jake’s eye when he’d said it.

 

            He didn’t remember much of what happened the next few days; it all was a blurry haze to him. But what he did remember was being woken up from a peaceful slumber, the first one in many days.

            “Come on Chasez,” the voice called to him, and he felt a thump in his side. He grumbled before hastily opening his eyes and seeing a blurry figure before him. “Get up, you have a visitor.”

            He sat up slowly, as so he wouldn’t hit his head on the beams above the bed, and rubbed the sleep from his eyes and sniffling a yawn.

            “Who is it?” he asked, and swung his legs over the side of the iron mass that was his bed. The officer stepped aside and roughly grabbed his arm to get him into a standing position.

            “Your lawyer,” the officer replied and began dragging him out of the cell, without giving him much of a chance to get prepared or even wash up in the small sink that was provided for him.

            “Oh,” was all he replied and didn’t bother protesting as he stumbled behind the officer. He had become much accustomed to the way people were treated around there and knew better not to fight it.

            They walked some ways down the grey and narrow halls before stopping outside a small door, where the officer hastily cuffed his hands in front of him.

            “Ten minutes,” the officer warned with stern eyes and he nodded, before the door was opened and he was rather roughly shoved inside the small room that the door led to. He stumbled, for a moment and tried to regain his footing before he looked up and took in his surroundings.

            “Josh,” his lawyer greeted him, standing before him and holding out his hand. He grunted in response and took the lawyers hand in a shake.

            “Jack,” he acknowledged and gave curt nod before both men sat down and looked at each other in silence. “So…”

            “How are you holding up?” the lawyer asked glancing at him and smoothing a crease in his dark blue blazer.

            “I’m holding up,” he shrugged, not really wanting to disclose the details to this man whom he’d only met once before.

            “Good,” Jack nodded, believing what h was being told before continuing, “So, the hearing is set for a week from today.”

            “Alright,” he nodded and looked down at his hands, allowing the lawyer to continue.

            “And I just want to know if you wish to testify for your own device,” Jack finished, “As well as if there is anyone else you wish to testify on your behalf.”

            He shrugged and looked up at the lawyer with intense eyes, “I really dunno. Maybe the guys?”

            “The guys?” Jack questioned, his brow furrowing in confusion at the reference. He nodded, before realising the Jack had no idea who ‘the guys’ were.

            “Chris, Joe and Lance,” he clarified before slumping back into his chair.

            “Oh alright,” Jack nodded, mentally noting the names in his head, “Anyone else? Your family maybe? Mr Wright?”

            “Yeah, and them too, I guess,” he shrugged again not really caring or really knowing what good it would do him. Jack smiled wearily before nodding.

            “Don’t worry,” Jack said and leaned a little closer to his client, “Things will work out for the best. I’ll make sure of it.” He glanced up at his lawyer and raised his eyebrow but didn’t say anything.

 

            A day later he was back sitting in the same room, with twice as many bruises from all the abuse he had endured from the guards. But the person sitting opposite him was different, and the room was drenched in silence.

            “I’m really sorry Lynn,” he whispered and hung his head low so he was looking into his hands. The woman opposite him grunted, not believing the words that were coming out of his mouth. He sighed as he heard the noise, knowing it was useless to try and convince the woman otherwise, and remembered why he had put off seeing her for so long.

            She had come to the prison soon after he was arrested, to talk to him, but he’d refused to see her, putting it off until this very moment. He hadn’t been able to face her, and see the look that she now held in her eyes.

            “He’s been dead almost two weeks now JC,” Lynn said, her voice was softer than he expected it. He nodded and forced himself to look up at her.

            “I know,” he said and offered her a sad a smile, which she didn’t return.

            “He was my only son JC,” Lynn continued as if he hadn’t spoken, “And he was your best friend.” She looked at him, her eyes brimming with tears as she spoke. He sighed heavily and shook his head.

            “I know I should have spoken to you sooner but…” he answered, wondering how to explain himself to her to make her understand.

            “But you didn’t,” Lynn cut off and looked at him. She discreetly wiped away a stay tear that had fallen down her cheek.

            “I heard you blamed me for the accident,” he whispered and noted how she nodded slowly.

            “For a while yes,” she agreed, “But I finally realised that no matter who was driving that night, it would have still happened.”

            “Yeah, but I could have stopped it,” he replied and looked at her, “I had that choice but I refused to make it. In the end it was still my fault.”

            “Yes, but Justin could have told you no. He was a grown man JC,” Lynn replied softly. “He had a choice too, and like you he made the wrong one. We all make mistakes JC.”

            “Is that why you wanted to see me? To tell me we all make mistakes?” he asked, confusion covering his features. Lynn smiled slowly and shook her head.

            “No, I wanted to see you because like Justin, you’re still like a son to me no matter what,” she said, and he nodded knowing what she said was true. She had been with them through the very first years of their careers. “I wanted to make sure you were okay. Are you alright?”

            “I could do better,” he shrugged, telling her the truth. He knew that even if he lied to her she would be able to tell.

            “What does that mean?” she asked, he could read the concern in her voice.

            “Nothing,” he smiled in reassurance at her before she nodded.

            “Alright,” she said giving in and glancing towards the clock, “Looks like our time is almost up, but before I go is there anything you need?”

            “Uh, can you somehow manage for me to see Dr Halley?” he asked sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck, or what he could. Lynn nodded, knowing he still had some guilt he carried around with him and needed to solve it.

            “I’ll see what I can do,” she smiled and stood up, “is it okay if I come back in a few days?”

            “Yeah, I’d like that,” he whispered and smiled as she leaned forward to hug him.

            “Great,” she replied and kissed his forehead, “Well take care Jayce, I’ll see you soon alright? And I’ll see what I can do about the doc.”

            “Thanks,” he nodded and allowed her to hug him.

            “No problem,” she smiled and pulled away, “And remember, you’re still like a son to me. Bye.”

            “Bye Lynn,” he grumbled as he watched her slowly leave the room.

 

            “I’m glad you agreed to let me take you back,” Justin said leaning back in his seat as they drove up Sunset.

            “Yeah, well…” he shrugged and ran a hand over his face.

            “Really Jayce, it’s important that you get better,” Justin said softly glancing over to him. He shrugged again ad tapped his fingers on his knee.

            “I know that,” he told his friend and looked out the window.

            “I’m serious Jayce, and I really wish you would take it seriously,” Justin replied, this time he turned his head to look back to his friend.

            “I am taking it seriously,” he said and Justin raised an eyebrow.

            “Are you?” Justin asked, and he nodded.

            “Yeah I am,” he said firmly as they stopped at a red light. Justin sighed and tapped his hand against the steering wheel.

            “Good, because you know these outings have to stop,” Justin replied with a small laugh. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

            “This was the only time,” he sighed as the light turned green and they drove on and he turned in his seat, “And I promise…” His voice trailed off as a bright light blinded his vision, and he saw his best friend fly out of his seat.




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki