How Could This Happen to Me by Leeann


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Justin Timberlake, a once recognized basketball player, sat in his room staring at the white wall ahead of him. At any moment he would start hallucinating from the drug that had just entered his system. He was void of feeling, the whole reason behind his addiction, to stop feeling. He didn't want feeling, he stopped feeling the day his angels were taken from him, the day his world came crashing down. Anyone who knew him would not recognize the state he was in, he was ready to give up, ready to die. He was sitting in the middle of his bed in week old clothes, not having showered for just as long.

He welcomed the high that he was now feeling, he relished in it and let the feeling of bliss pass over his body. He turned on some Marilyn Manson--someone that he'd turned to since that fateful day--and lay back down on his bed and wished again that he could have died with them.

i opened my eyes, i try to see
but im blinded by the white light
i cant remember how i cant remember why.
im lyin here tonight
and i cant stand the pain
and i cant make it go away
no i cant stand the pain

The phone rang, not phasing the high Justin was on one bit. He ignored it knowing that his answering machine would pick up, he had completely shut himself off from the outside world and thats how he was going to keep it.

"Justin? Man we're worried about you. We haven't seen you or heard from you since the funeral. You have to snap out of it man, it's been three months. Anyway, call me when you get this okay? It's Chris."

Justin just snorted and rolled his eyes. What did Chris know about his pain anyway? Nobody understood what it was like to lose your wife and child while you survived, nobody. Sure he had had all the well-wishers at the funeral, but they didn't understand what it was like to see your wife and child ripped from your life when there was nothing you could do but watch.

how could this happen to me
i've made my mistakes
got no where to run
the night goes on
as im fading away
im sick of this life i just wanna scream
how could this happen to me


Feeling brave, he grabbed a bottle of Vodka and took off the top. He put it to his mouth and took a few chugs, and welcomed the fire that burned his mouth and his throat as it made its way down his stomach.

'What a fucking loser I turned out to be.' Justin thought as he tossed back some more Vodka. 'Can't even take care of my own wife and child.'

He could see the faces of his beautiful wife and daughter and felt the tears burning at the back of his throat. He heard the phone ringing again in the distance but he could only focus on the images that were in his mind.

everybody's screamin. i try to make a sound
but no one hears me
im slippin off the edge
im hangin by a thread
i wanna start this over again
so i try to hold on to a time when
nothing mattered and i cant explain
what happened and i cant erase the things that i've done
no i cant

Justin grabbed the bottle of pills that were looming in front of him on the night stand and opened the bottle with shaky hands. He grabbed a handful and shoved them in his mouth and washed them down with more drink of the vodka then closed his eyes and waited to leave this earth to join his family. In a distance he could hear someone's voice.

'Justin what are you doing? You can't give up, Felicia would not have wanted to, she would have wanted you to go on. To be happy. My sister would have wanted you to live happy. I'm worried about you J.'

"It's too late Alicia." Justin whispered to the phone feeling himself loosing consciousness.

how could this happen to me
i've made my mistakes
got no where to run
the night goes on
as im fading away
im sick of this life i just wanna scream
how could this happen to me

Justin opened his eyes and saw bright lights shining in his eyes. He just stared, he couldn't find his voice to tell them to stop.

"Mr. Timberlake can you hear me?" a voice asked.

"His heart is racing," another voice said.

"Mr. Timberlake you are at the hospital, we're going to pump your stomach, if you can hear me blink your eyes twice." the doctor above him asked.

Justin blinked his eyes twice before falling again into a deep sleep.

"Guys, we're losing him."

i've made my mistakes
got no where to run
the night goes on
as im fading away
im sick of this life i just wanna scream

"Daddy?" a little voice asked.

"Violet is that you?" Justin asked frantically hearing his daughters voice.

"Daddy, what are you doing here? It's not your time to go yet." Violet said standing in front of her.

"Oh my baby, I missed you so much." Justin said taking her into his arms.

"I missed you too daddy, but you can't stay. It's not your time yet." Violet answered.

"What do you mean baby?"

"She means that you have to go back." Felicia said standing next to her daughter.

"I don't want to leave you." Justin sobbed wrapping his arms around his wife.

"You don't have a choice Justin. We'll always love you and we will watch over you, but you have to go back down there and live your life out. Your time on earth is not up yet." Felicia said inhaling her husbands scent.

Justin held onto his wife tightly, knowing it was the last time he'd be able to. "I miss you so much."

"I know. You must go now." Felicia said stepping back.

"Come here baby girl." Justin said holding his arms open to Violet.

"I love you daddy." Violet said giving her father one final hug.

"Come Vi." Felicia said grabbing her hand.

"I'm not ready to leave you!" Justin exclaimed as they began to fade out.

"Justin?" a familiar voice called.

"Felicia?" Justin said opening his eyes.

But it wasn't Felicia at all, it was Alicia, her sister.

"Welcome back Justin. We were all so worried." Alicia said hugging him.

"I saw them Al, I saw them." Justin said hugging his sister in law.

"I know." Alicia nodded.

"You too?" Justin asked in awe.

Alicia nodded again and smiled. "They're in heaven watching down on us."

Justin had nothing else to say, he could only stare in awe of what had happened.

how could this happen to me
how could this happen to me
how could this happen to me



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki