Hopelessly Devoted by Gracy


Number of reviews: 5
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


She yawned as she came out of the bathroom in her flannel nightgown and smiled at Claire lying on the bed watching 'The Faculty' "Damn that Josh Hartnett is sexy."

Jessica laughed as she took out her ponytail and combed her hair. "So are Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise."

"Eh, they're okay, but Josh is FINE" She chuckled softly.

"Can I ask you a question about you and Justin?"

Claire turned on her side and propped her head up with her hand and smiled. "We dated once, it just didn't feel right." she smiled. "Does that answer your question, Jessica?"

"How did you-"

"I can read people like a book..." She giggled. "Well not really but... I just knew."

She sighed as she climbed into bed. "So... what's this big shin dig all about?"

"Damn he is so cute! Oh... uh, to relax not worry about the other things, just to get things off your mind a little, ya know? Plus you need to come and be inspected by the almighty Audrey." Claire smiled as she rolled her eyes.

"Who's Audrey?" She climbed into bed and pulled the covers over her chilled body.

"My sister." She looked over at Jessica and smiled. "Tired?"

"Yeah." She yawned as she snuggled into the comfort of the bed.

Claire yawned and stretched. "I think I'm gonna hit the hay too." She climbed into bed and turned over to turn off the light and smiled. "You know, it's so easy to talk to you. It's kind of scary."

Jessica chuckled. "I'm just an easy person to talk to." She smiled at the young girl. "How old are you Claire?"

"Same age as Juju, I'm twenty years old, not quite legal to drink yet."

Jessica laughed softly as she stifled a yawn. "Sorry." She smiled at her.

"It's okay, goodnight Jessica." She turned off the lamp beside the bed and snuggled into hers, clinging to the pillow.

"Goodnight Claire." Jessica murmured as she fell off to sleep.



(The Next Day, JIVE Studios: 1:15PM)

She yawned for the millionth time as she stretched to relieve her aching muscles. She looked to her left and smiled as her eyes landed on Justin and Claire talking softly to each other in the corner of the dance studio. No feelings my ass, Claire. There are damn fireworks there. She chuckled softly.

"What's so funny?" She jumped as she spun around and came face to face with JC. "Hmm?"

"N...nothing." She smiled innocently up at him. "I was just uh... just..."

"Yes?" There was an amused grin on his face as he lifted an eyebrow waiting for her response.

"Oh, shut up." She playfully hit his arm as his laughter rang through out the studio they were in. "you're pure evil JC Chasez, pure evil I tell you."

"Right back at ya, Jess." He smiled down at her as he tried desperately to get his laughter under control. "But seriously, what's with the amused grin while you're starring at Justin and Claire?"

She smiled up at him and shook her head. "Nunya."

"Nunya?" A confused look crossed his face.

"Yeah, like none of your business."

"Ouch," His hand came to his heart as he looked down at her with a pout. "That hurt."

She rolled her eyes as she pushed him out of the way. "Yeah right." She turned around suddenly and slammed into something and fell backwards landing on the hard wooden floor.

Lance shook his head as he sighed with frustration. "I thought you were a klutz, not a disaster."

Her face came up to meet his eyes and immediately she became angry. "What the hell is your problem?"

"Me?" He laughed as he glared down at her. "I don't have a problem except for constantly running INTO you."

She hmphed and growled at him as she got off the floor and dusted herself off. "You have a serious problem Lance."

"Don't talk to me about problems, Jessica. Seems you have enough of them to go around."

"Fuck off you limp-"

"Hey! Jessica come over here a minute." She turned and saw Claire waving her over to come and join her. She turned back and glared at Lance one last time as she stomped her way over to her and Justin.

"What?" She said in a harsher tone than intended did.

"Umm... just wanted to give you this." She handed her a little slip of paper.

"Sorry, I don't mean to take my anger out on you."

"It's okay." She smiled softly at her. "Be at my place by seven, okay?"

"I'll be there." She smiled as she grabbed her bag and walked over to Wade. "Are we done?"

He turned around and smiled at her. "Yeah, we're done. WE'RE DONE EVERYONE!"

"YES!" She watched as everyone grabbed their stuff and ran out the door before he could change his mind.

"Thanks, see you later Wade." She walked down the hall and straight into Jacks office. "Damn this assignment; damn this place, and DAMN Lance Bass!" She yelled as she slammed the door behind her.

"Rough day, sis?" He smiled an amused grin.

"Fuck off Jack." She growled as she plopped into the white chair in front of his desk. "I hate to ask and sound so damn courteous, but how was your day?"

"'Bout as bad as yours I'd guess." He sighed as he rubbed his throbbing head. "Going to Claire's tonight?"

"You?"

"I might." He nodded as he gabbed a stack of papers and put them into his filing cabinet. He pulled out an envelope and handed it to her. "The director sent this through email. It's a copy of that letter. He wanted to know if you could figure something out that he hadn't."

She looked over the letter and sighed as she chewed on her finger in concentration. "It's a male. I'd guess between the ages of twenty to twenty-five. The font is Calligrapher, and I'd say that he means business."

"Well thank you Miss Sherlock Holmes." He rolled his eyes as he snatched the letter from her hands. "How do you know all that?"

"Most serial killers are young Caucasian men. Between the ages of twenty to about thirty, and considering our circumstances I'd say twenty to twenty-five. I'm good with computers; of course you knew that." She smiled at him as she blew on her nails and swiped them across her shirt. "And really there's no doubt that he means business, the report stated that there WAS a bomb in there, but these five guys don't know that and they never will."

"Damn your better than-"

"Don't you dare say it." She warned him. "I'm not better than he is; No one will be as good as dad was."

He held up his hands in defence. "Get outta here, go have some fun, relax by the pool do SOMETHING."

She smiled. "Awe are we scared Jack?"

"Of you? Ha! I'd be more scared of my shadow."

"If I remember correctly." She got up and headed to the door as she smiled at him. "You were when you were five."

"Shut up!" He laughed as he got up and shoved her out the door. "There's a meeting tomorrow with the JIVE execs, and some producer from ABC who wants to do a special on the guys. So I'll be busy tomorrow, how about lunch Tuesday?"

She looked at him strangely and smiled. "I kind of missed you too bro."

He smiled back at her as he played with her hair. "How about it, brother and sister day on Tuesday?"

"That sounds good, take it easy Jack."

"Always." He winked as he watched her go. Be careful Jess.... Just be careful



She opened the door and smiled as her eyes rested on Justin's sleeping body. His head was in Claire's lap as she silently watched TV. "Hey." She whispered as she heard the door open.

"No chemistry huh?" Jessica softly giggled.

Claire rolled her eyes. "Don't go there, Jess."

"Okay, I'll drop it." She promised as she dropped her bag by the dresser and plopped on her bed. "How can you watch a muted TV?"

"It has to be quiet for him to go to sleep. So I muted it and he fell asleep, only one problem." She sighed.

"What?"

"I left the remote on the dresser and I couldn't get up." She indicated as she pointed to Justin.

Jessica shook her head as she retrieved the remote and turned the TV up a little to be heard. "The Faculty again?"

"Yeah well.... I had a dream about Josh." Claire smiled. "I couldn't get him out of my mind."

"You live in Orlando right?"Jessica changed the subject, she had been thinking all day and something just didn't add up.

"Yeah?" She looked at her strangely.

"We're IN Orlando." She looked at her from the corner of her eye.

"Yeah?" She continued to look at her strangely.

"Then why are you at a hotel in Orlando instead of at home in your OWN bed?"

Claire laughed. "I had to get away from the monster,"

"Audrey? She can't be that bad." Jessica laughed softly.

"No, Collin."

"Brother-in-law?"

"No nephew." She shook her head as she starred at the TV. "Wanna go shopping later, we can get a new outfit for the party."

"That sounds good, it'll give us a chance to talk." She smiled. and give me a chance to get some information.



A few hours passed and Claire slowly lifted Justin' head off her lap so she could get ready to go out with Jessica. "Layla?"

Claire smiled and shook her head. "What Justin?"

He turned to look over at her as he propped his head on his hand and yawned. "Where ya going?"

"Shopping with Jessica, girls day out kind of thing. Do you need anything?" She walked to the bathroom and smiled at Jessica putting on light makeup.

"No not really, but... just get me something." He yawned again.

She came out of the bathroom with a ponytail holder and her brush and nodded. "Will do." She sat down on the bed again and began to comb her hair and place it in a ponytail.

"Layla?"

Claire rolled her eyes and smiled as she looked at him. "What Justin?"

"Have you met anyone special at school?" He consciously picked at the strings on the comforter that was on the bed.

"No," She shook her head as she stood up and went to one of the dresser drawers to get a pair of earrings out.

"Layla."

"Justin, just... don't please." She begged him with sympathetic eyes.

"But Layla..." He sighed.

"Justin just don't go there."

"Oh come on Claire." He huffed as he sat up. "We talked about this once before."

"Yes we did, and I told you what I would do about it. And I'm trying Justin, which's all I can do."

"You can do better." He argued.

"So..." Jessica smiled as she emerged from the bathroom. "You ready...Layla?" She grinned an amused grin and tried her hardest not to laugh.

"Just... shut up Jessica." Claire warned her.

"Me? I didn't say a thing." She smiled at Justin and he smiled back at her as she covered her mouth when a small giggle escaped.

"Jessica!"

"Okay, okay. I'll be quiet. Ready to go?"

"More than ever." She walked over to Justin and kissed his cheek. "I'll bring you something back, I promise."

"How about a guy?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

Jessica chuckled. "Justin, I didn't know you swung that way."

He rolled his eyes. "I don't." He turned to Claire and gave her a stern look. "I mean it."

"Yeah, yeah." She smiled at him as she grabbed her key. "Go to bed in your own room, We'll be back soon."

"Yeah, bye," He waved as she closed the door behind her.



Claire unlocked the doors to her BMW and strapped herself in behind the wheel. "Mind if I call my sis and ask her to join us for an early dinner?"

Jessica buckled herself up and shook her head as she smiled over at her. "No go right ahead."

Claire started the engine and started down the road. "Hand me my cell phone, please. Thanks." She smiled as she dialled her number and waited for someone to pick up, "Hey! Nothing... just heading over to the mall with Jessica. Yeah the new dancer. Uh huh, I'll be sure to tell her that... yes mother" She rolled her eyes. "Well.... Yes I understand, well he's an ass.... Uh huh.... I called to ask you to come to the mall at Pete's Pizza and grab some dinner with us... I know that." She rolled her eyes again and sighed with frustration.

"Than bring the squirt along, I'm sure Jess won't mind." She turned to her and smiled. "You don't mind if Queen Audrey brings Prince Collin with her do you?"

Jessica chuckled at her sarcasm and smiled. "No."

"No, see she doesn't mind at all... about an hour... okay love you too, bye." She hung up the phone and groaned when an NSYNC song was played. "I swear this gets old after awhile, they've played that song to death." Jessica smiled and nodded.

It was a little nerve wracking to be with someone you really didn't know at all. It was hard to get to know that someone, which caused Jessica's nerves to be on end. Claire looked over at her and wondered what was on her mind. "You're hiding something."

"What... no I'm not."

Claire smiled an all knowing smile at her and nodded. "Yes you are, spill it."

I'm an FBI private investigator/special agent ho is here undercover to track down some maniac lunatic who wants to hurt the five guys that you love and adore, Yeah like I can tell you that? Jessica sighed. "I miss my dad."
B Claire bit her bottom lip and turned down the radio so she could hear her better and vice versa. "Where is your dad?"

"In Rhode Island." She hmphed and crossed her arms over her chest as she looked out the window. Just speaking of her dad really did make her miss him even more. "He's the best dad there is He's not the type to just sit back and watch his kids grow. He was right there helping us along, teaching us wrong from right and how to do things the right way.... The innocent way." She smiled at her childhood memories and sighed with content. "I just wish I could be closer to him." She shook her head as if she was in a trance and smiled over at her. "So what about you? Where's mommy and daddy dearest?"

Claire rolled her eyes. "Mommy dearest is a paediatric doctor at St. Helen's Children's Hospital in California. After divorcing daddy dearest she moved there and planted her feet in the rich sand."

"And daddy dearest?"

"Let's just say he's a workaholic." She sighed as she turned off the highway onto the main street that would take them towards the mall.

"What's he do? Is he a lawyer or something?"

"No uh... he works for Wall Street." She turned into the parking lot and cut off the engine. "I'm very rich." She rolled her eyes. Then she looked at her with her head tilted and an evil gleam in her eyes. "Is it against the law to kill your parents for their money, and negligence to your childhood?"

Jessica laughed. "Last time I checked it was." She hopped out of the car and waited for Claire to come around the side of it. "What was Justin talking about?

"Huh?"

"What was Justin talking about when he said to bring back a man?"

"Oh, that." She half smiled as she averted looking at her eyes. "He wants me to have a normal relationship out of the music business." That statement gave her a confused look from Jessica. "By that I mean he wants me to date. He doesn't want me to depend on the guys.... For anything."

"Have you dated one of the guys before?"

Claire laughed at the question. "No." She shook her head as she spotted a store to go into. "Lets go there."

"Okay." The walked in and started to look around. "I like this shirt." She held up a green number that was dark green at the top and then slowly faded to a light green at the bottom.

Claire smiled. "It's cute."

"I'm gonna get it." She hung the shirt over her arm and began to look at the pants, shorts and skirts. "So... okay you never dated one of the guys, except for Justin?"

"That was a long time ago." She lifted a sleeveless shirt for inspection and shook her head as she cringed at the color of orange. "Besides, it just... didn't work out."

"For him or for you?" She raised an eyebrow with questioning.

"Both. What do you think?" She held up a light pink sleeveless shirt with a red rose design on it.

"I think you're not so good at diversion of subjects." She looked at the shirt and smiled. "Get it."

"Thank you and I know I'm not good at it, and I'm not a good liar either."

"So does that mean..."

"That means that Justin thought it was weird dating me, so.... We went back to being friends." She held up a black velvet minni skirt and smiled. "Like?"

"Very sassy." She flipped through the clothes and came across a pair of lather pants. "But I love these." She held them up for Claire to see.

"Definitely get those. So.... What's up with you and Lance, you got friction there."

Jessica growled low and shook her head. "He's a man, an egotistical man, so what can I say?"

"I think we're done here." She smiled as she walked to the register. "Give him time, he'll come around."

"Time for what? To get a brain and to grow up?"

She chuckled as the young girl rang up her items. "That'll $32.50."

"Damn. Okay, here you go." She handed her two twenties and smiled.

"Aren't you Claire Denis?" The young girl asked. She had to be at least nineteen.

"Yes I am." She smiled as the young girl gave her her change back.

"Can I umm... get your autograph?"

Claire chuckled and nodded. "Sure, but it's not like I'm one of the guys."

"Yeah, but you're close to them."

"What is going on here?" Jessica whispered in her ear as she signed the white piece of paper and handed it back to the girl.

"Thank you, Claire."

She smiled as she grabbed her stuff. "You're welcome." She turned back to Jessica and shrugged. "When you're associated with NSYNC it's like your a celebrity too. So I sometimes get people asking for an autograph, big deal."

They walked around the mall for about fifteen minutes making small talk and window-shopping. "I should call Audrey and tell her to come now, are you hungry?"

Jessica placed a hand on her stomach as it growled. She smiled and looked at Claire innocently. "A little, yeah."

"Oh, damn..."

"What?"

"I forgot to get Justin something... shit." She ran a hand through her ponytail and cringed as she pictured his face. It was a habit and had become a tradition that when she went shopping that she'd bring something back for him, insignificant or not. It was the thought that always counted. "Lets go in there." She pointed to a music store and grabbed her arm before she could protest. "It'll only take about five minutes."

She looked around hastily and was looking in the blues section when she spotted the perfect thing. "Layla this Justin." She smiled evilly as she went to the register and paid for it. She smiled as she found Jessica listening to a CD by the wall leaning into the corner. She walked up to her and tapped her shoulder.

"You done already?"

"Yes." She crossed her arms over her chest and smiled at her. "What are you listening to?"

"Oldies, talking about my dad maybe want to hear an old song I haven't heard in awhile."

"Which one? Maybe I know it."

Jessica smiled and just couldn't help herself. "I need you so, and that is why I love you so..."

"...And that's why whenever I want you all I have to do is dream dream dream." Claire smiled as she sang.

"You do know it."

"Yes." She nodded as they exited the store. "Let me call Audrey and tell her to on over."

"Too late, I'm here."

Claire turned around and smiled as she went and gave her a hug. "You've been hiding out again."

"Yeah...well... I needed some time to myself." Claire stated softly.

"Care?"

Jessica looked at Audrey and smiled. "Hi, I'm Jessica."

"So I've heard." She shook her hand and smiled back. "Audrey."

"So I've figured."

"Care?"

Claire looked down at the little boy who was pulling on her pant leg and smiled. "What's up, Collin?"

"Why'd you go Care?" His blues eyes were like diamonds cutting into her heart with the way he said that.

She kneeled down and hugged him tightly. "I had some stuff to figure out, and Justin needed me."

"He was scared?"

She laughed softly as she picked him up as they started to walk to the pizza shop. "Yeah he was scared and he needed me."

"To tect him?" He asked as he played with her ponytail.

"Yeah, to protect him." She looked back at Audrey and Jessica chatting up a storm and interrupted them. "When's Dan coming to pick him up?"

"Tomorrow after some meeting." She answered as they walked into the pizza place and sat down in a booth.

"He was suppose to get him tonight, he knew that we had a party planned."

"Drop it Claire, he's coming tomorrow." She warned her with a look.

Claire growled low in her throat and turned to the little boy sitting beside her. "How was school?"

"Good." He reached out and pretended the napkin holder was a car and was making all kind of car noises.

"So..." Audrey smiled at Jessica. "What do you think of NSYNC?"

"They're nice, except...."

"Was Gregory bad again today?"

"Yeah an he gots a time out." Collin nodded.

"Except what?"

"Except for Lance because he has a pole shoved up his ass...er...butt." Claire smiled as she looked down at Collin to see if he heard her slip up and sighed a sigh of relief when she saw he was too caught up in playing.

"Really?" Audrey turned to Jessica after glaring at Claire a few times.

"Nothing I can't handle."

"The man has an ego the size of Texas. I say lock him in a soundproof booth and knock the shit... er... crap out of him." Claire winced as Audrey threw a fiery glare her way and looked down at Collin.

"You better hope he doesn't pick up on you're bad mouth." She warned.

"Yeah well.... He'll eventually catch on and call his dad an as-"

"Claire!"

She smiled as the waiter came by and took their orders. "Hi, we want a large pepperoni and extra cheese pizza, and I'll have a sprite and a small Pepsi for the tyke."

Audrey rolled her eyes. "I'll take a Pepsi."

"Tea, please." Jessica smiled as the waiter nodded and walked off to get them their drinks.

"So besides Lance, everything's working okay?" Audrey turned her attention back to Jessica and struck up the conversation where they left off at.

"Yeah besides that butthead... yes." She smiled and winked at her. "I know there's a kid around unlike some other person we all know... Layla."

"I still wonder why Justin calls her that." Audrey smiled as she took a sip of her drink the waiter brought over. "Thanks." She smiled warmly at the young man.

Claire rolled her eyes and chuckled with mock anger. "It's the eighth wonder of the world... we'll never know."

"Just like we'll never know what's wrong with Lance and why he has a big ego." Jessica smiled.

"You wanna know what I really think about you and Lance?" Claire smiled as she looked up from playing with Collin.

"No, not really. But enlighten me anyway." The pizza came and everyone grabbed a slice.

"Pizza!" Collin laughed. "Mommy pizza!"

Audrey gave him the smallest slice out of the pan and blew on it for awhile after she cut it up into small pieces for him. "Easy, it's hot."

"I think...Ohh it's hot!" Claire fanned her mouth as a piece of cheese hung on her chin.

"Excuse me Miss?" Claire looked up until she was met with a pair of soft brown eyes. Her automatic reflex told her to swallow and talk but it suddenly felt all too warm in the room now. And even the simple task of swallowing seemed difficult

She swallowed hard. "Anyone tell you, you look like Josh Hartnett?"

"Anyone tell you, you have cheese hanging off your chin?" He grinned.

And her knees went weak.

Thank god I'm sitting down She smiled. "Oh... umm..." She wiped at the cheese and laughed softly. "Thanks for telling me."

"No problem, can I borrow your pepper?" He pointed to the small shaker.

"Oh yeah umm... here."

"Thanks." He smiled again as he went and sat down at the booth a few rows up from them.

"My God."

"Mine too." Audrey fanned herself. "He's..."

"Wow." Claire smiled at him.

"My god you two really are sisters." Jessica laughed.

Audrey smiled. "I like you."

"I passed inspection?"

Audrey turned and glared at Claire but smiled at Jessica. "With flying colors."



"So you never did tell me what you thought about me and my problem with Lance." Jessica stated as they walked down the hallway to their room.

"I think..." A hand came out of a room and grabbed her and yanked her inside and slammed the door behind her.

"Okay, yeah that's good. She thinks.... She thinks WHAT though is beyond me, and I doubt I'll ever know." Jessica sighed as she continued down the hall to her room.

She unlocked the door and placed the key on the dresser as she plopped down her bag in the corner, and saw an envelope on her bed. It was express mail. She opened it up and read the letter.

Conner,
Here's a cell phone so we can reach you and vice versa. Also here's a key to your new car. Think of it as... a loan.
Sincerely,
Mark.

"You're too sweet." She rolled her eyes and looked the phone over and the directory. "Good headquarters is already programmed in." all of a sudden it started to ring, and she jumped. "Damn thing.... Hello?"

"Please tell me you found something out Connor."

"Umm no sorry...." She cringed as she heard his growl of frustration.

"I don't know how much time we have but you and Jack need to crack down on this.... Find some answers and find them quick!"

"We've only been here a few days director and."

"So? This is no different than any other case you worked on before."

"Yes it is Sir."

"How is it different?" He growled.

"Because this has to do with the music business, and dealing with that means dealing with a lot of other people and I have to do another job on top of this one."

"I never considered you a whiner, Connor."

"I never whined before, Director." She looked over at the corner where she left her bags and immediately looked at her watch. It was 6:15. She had less than an hour to get ready to go to Claire's. "Okay, Director. I have to go, there's a social meeting tonight and I'll see if I can dig some stuff up there."

"I'm worried Jessica." It surprised her for him to call her on a first name basis while they were on a case.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know.... And that scares me."

She licked her lips and closed her eyes. "I'm all over it director. Just give me some time."

"I don't know how much time we have."

She sighed. "There's time, I don't think he's going to make another move so suddenly."

"I hope you're right."

She closed her lips tightly and said a silent prayer. "Me too." She sighed. "Me too."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki