The Day You Walked Away by Moose


Number of reviews: 32
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
I know, I know, y'all probably hate me because it's been WAY too long since I've added anything to this.  I've been hit with major writer's block lately, and I've been dealing with a lot of stress too.  It's hard to write a love story when things are going so well!  But enough of my excuses....it's a short chapter, and I'm sorry for that.  But thing should be wrapping up soon with the story, and I don't know when I'll have it finished but I'm hoping soo.  Let me know what you think! :)

Things were not going as Dave had planned. 

 

He had intended to bring a couple of pretty young ladies on tour and set them up with Justin and JC.  He really only wanted to set Justin up, but he had to make it look legitimate.  He was banking on the fact that Jamie would show up and find one of these girls all over Justin and that would be the end of the golden couple.

 

 

But, No.  Jamie hadn’t shown up yet, although he was pretty sure she would at some point.  Grace had informed him that she told Justin to bring Jamie back.  He was a little upset that she would override his decisions, but it actually made his plan easier to execute.

 

His other problem was that Justin was successfully avoiding the girls and the cameras, at least at the same time.  Oh, he was doing wonderfully at hamming it up for the MTV audience, but as soon as the shots were over, he hid in the *NSYNC Quiet Room, and no one but the boys and perhaps their body guards were allowed in that room. 

      Dave had tried to work around it, but it was proving to be difficult.  Any time he managed to get the girls around Justin, another member of the group was there to make the footage seem like nothing but casual conversation.  There was nothing on tape that even remotely resembled a romantic relationship.

 

Dave was starting to get pissed.

 

 

He paced the floor in his small office and let out a grunt.  He didn’t know why his desire to bring Jamie and Justin down was so great, but he knew he wanted to see them suffer.  His attachment to Grace was a little on the obsessive side, but he just wanted to make her smile.  He knew that it was difficult for Grace knowing that Jamie was her sister, and so he wanted to make Grace feel better about herself by making Jamie’s life miserable.

 

 

He didn’t care what it would take to make that happen, he would do just about anything at this point.

 


 

Jamie stepped out of the car and squinted against the sunlight.  Lance had met her at the airport, which was unexpected but welcome.  It made her happy to know that all of the guys cared for her, not just Justin.  She was starting to look at them all as her family, and she felt good knowing that they looked at her in the same way.

 

 

He should be hiding in the Quiet Room now.  We have sound check in about an hour, so he usually hides from Dave’s leeches until he absolutely has to leave.”  Lance informed Jamie as the two headed toward the venue.

 

 

“Will I be able to see him?  I know he said that no one was allowed in there but band members and bodyguards.”  Jamie looked worried, but Lance just chuckled.

 

 

Jamie, we’ll all make an exception for you.  He’s been a whiny bitch lately, and we’re all ready to throttle him.  If letting you in that room will stop it, we have no problems breaking our own rules.  Besides, we basically stated those rules so we could avoid unwanted people…like Dave.”

 

 

Jamie laughed a bit and stepped through the door Lance held open for her.  It took her a second for her eyes to adjust to the sudden dimness of inside, but after a moment she could see that she was standing at the end of a long corridor.

 

 

“He’s down the hall, third door on the right.”  Lance pointed and Jamie sent him a worried glance.

 

 

“You’re not coming in with me?”

 

 

“Nope, in fact, he’s the only one in there now.  All the guys knew you were coming and we all figured the two of you would want some private time,” he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, and Jamie blushed.  “Go see your man…he misses you.”

 

 

With that command Jamie turned down the hallway and made the semi-long trek to a door labeled ‘*NSYNC Quiet Room – Band Only.’  She was surprised to see that there were no guards standing near the area but when she tried the door knob she figured out why.  It was locked.

 

 

Jamie let out a frustrated sigh and rapped her knuckles on the wooden door.  A muffled “Just a minute” came from inside and butterflies took off in her stomach at the sound of his voice.

 

 

“Who is it?”  His voice was much louder this time and Jamie figured he was standing close to the door.

 

 

“Why don’t you open the door and find out.”  She teased.

 

 

A moment late the door flew open and a semi-angry Justin met her gaze.  “Listen, only band…”  his voice trailed off as he finally noticed who was outside the door.  “James?”

 

 

“Nope…figment of your imagination.”  She grinned at him and he rolled his eyes.

 

 

“Get in here, you.”  He pulled her through the door and shut it securely behind them.  “Oh, you have no idea how much I’ve missed you.”

 

 

“I bet I do.”  Jamie was about to say more, but Justin’s lips crashing down upon her own silenced her words.  They stumbled over to one of the couches and Jamie fell backwards onto the cushions and Justin landed slightly on top of her.

 

 

“Hey,” She called, “can I take my coat off first? Maybe put my stuff down?”  Justin looked up to see a backpack dangling from her arm and a coat still covering her frame.  He gave a shy smile and stood up off of her.

 

 

“Sorry, I guess I got a little carried away.  I’m just so damn excited to see you.”

 

 

Jamie laughed and stood from the couch.  She shed her coat and placed it with her bag on an empty chair.  She then proceeded to toe off her shoes before settling back down on the couch.  With open arms, she motioned for Justin to join her.  He quickly obliged by stretching out on the plush leather and placing his head in her lap.

 

 

“I’ve missed you.”  She whispered.  Justin pulled his head up to steal a kiss before laying back down and closing his eyes as she massaged his head.

 

 

“I’ve missed you too, James.  I thought you said you weren’t going to come back out?”

 

 

She smiled even though he couldn’t see.  “I wasn’t.  But then I just got to missing you, and your mom convinced me that moping around the house wasn’t going to bring you back any faster, so I changed my mind.  Lance and I have been planning this for a few days now.”

 

 

At that Justin’s eyes popped open.  “That little rat!  He’s been lying to me.”

 

 

Jamie laughed at the outburst and leaned down to capture his lips in a deep kiss.  After a moment she pulled back and grinned at him. 

 

“Baby, does it really matter?”

 

 

Justin seemed to ponder for a moment before shaking his head no and pulling her back down for another kiss.

 


 

Dave’s face contorted into what he thought was a smile, but to anyone watching it was much less appealing.

 

 

He had just gotten word that Jamie was at the venue and currently canoodling with the pop star.  At first he was angry that she would show her face again, but then he decided that he had much bigger plans for the couple.

 

 

Dave signaled to the MTV crew, calling them over to where he stood by the stage.  The guys were set to sound check in about ten minutes and he wanted everything to be perfect.  There was plenty of footage of rehearsals and sound checks, but Dave was in search of some different kind of footage this time.

 

 

He had three more days to pull his plan together and set everything up just right.  Then he would be able to sit back and watch the world crumble down around Jamie Tanning and her Pop Prince.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki