The Day You Walked Away by Moose


Number of reviews: 32
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:

Sorry this one took so long, I was really hoping to have it posted sooner.  Work has been kicking my ass though, and when I'm not working I'm trying to catch up on sleep.  I can't promise when the next update will be, but I will try as hard as I can to have something for you by the end of the week.

Enjoy!

They had finished dinner and cleaned up after themselves and Jamie had gone upstairs to shower and change. When she came down Justin was lying down on the couch, glasses on, reading an article in a magazine. Jamie got on the couch, straddling Justin’s knees. She then leaned forward, placing her hands on either side of his hips, and continued to make her way up to his face. He lowered the magazine and watched from over the top of the paper. She smiled slightly and removed the article from his hands before throwing it onto the floor. He cocked an eyebrow in amusement and Jamie smiled.

When she had reached him, she leaned down and placed a deep kiss on his slightly parted lips. Justin was taken aback for a second, but he soon gave in. He lifted his hands and placed them on her hips, bringing her down to him. They rolled slightly, so both were on their sides.

The kiss was getting deeper, but it wasn’t desperate or even suggestive. It was slow and sensual and neither of them intended on taking it any farther. Justin pulled back a moment later and sighed.

     “You smell good…like lavender and cream.” Jamie smiled and snuggled into his chest. She raised her eyes and looked at him.  

      “You look really good in glasses, you should wear them more often In fact; all of you should, especially JC. He looks MIGHTY fine in those specs of his.” Justin glared playfully at her.

      “Hey! You’re supposed to say that about me, not one of my best friends.” Jamie laughed at his pouting lip and she leaned up to kiss him lightly.

      “You look incredibly sexy in your glasses…is that better?” He grinned victoriously and laughed.

      “Much better. Now just tell it to that stupid girl that said JC was better looking than me, and I’ll be happy.”

      “You’re such a baby.” He laughed and pulled her into his chest.

      “Yeah, but you love me for it.” She didn’t say anything. Instead she snuggled into him, and sighed. Justin carefully removed his glasses and set them on the table, giving in to the fatigue that was taking over his body. That was how Sadie found the two later, when she walked into the house. Jamie was squeezed in between Justin’s chest and the back of the couch. Her leg was tangled with his and her head was tucked beneath his chin. She smiled knowingly at the pair and removed the blanket from the back of the couch to place over them. When she had tucked them in, she kissed Justin lightly on the forehead and turned off the lamp that stood beside the couch.  


Justin awoke slowly, trying to get a feel of his surroundings. He smiled slightly when he noticed Jamie resting on top of him, her head under his chin. He carefully tried to slip out from underneath her, but when he moved he realized that they were in a difficult position. When Jamie felt his movement, she stirred slightly and their position got worse. Justin cringed as her knee moved higher up between his legs, and he felt most of the air rush out of his lungs.

Jamie took a deep breath and slowly opened her eyes. She smiled at Justin but that look soon turned to concern when she noticed the pained look on his face.

      “Justin, what’s wrong?” She slid up his body to get closer, but when she did he moaned in pain.

     “Jamie, sweetie…I would like to have children some day, but you’re going to deprive me of that possibility if you move your knee any higher into my crotch.” Jamie’s eyes widened when she realized what he had said and she quickly straightened out her leg. Justin sighed with relief and Jamie’s face was bright with embarrassment.

      “Oh God…I think you killed him.” He rolled slightly, moving his hands down to his waist and Jamie covered her face.

      “I’m so sorry.” He voice was muffled from behind her hands and Justin laughed at her discomfort with the situation.

      “Relax Baby… I was kidding.” He watched as she lowered her hands and when she was finally looking at him he smiled a mischievous grin. “But if you’re really worried about him…we can do some research to see if he still works properly.” Jamie’s eyes widened in shock and Justin thought they were going to pop out of her head.

      “Justin Randall!” She hit him repeatedly on the shoulder as he started to laugh. “You are such an as..." He words were cut off when someone cleared their throat above them and both Jamie and Justin stopped to look up at Justin’s grandmother.

      “When you two are done…breakfast is ready and waiting.” She walked away and Jamie buried her head in Justin shoulder.

      “I can’t believe you just said that, in front of your grandmother no less! She’s going to think that I’m some whore.” Justin laughed again and kissed the side of her head.     

      “No she won’t…I don’t think she heard me anyway. Come on…let’s get up. If you thought her apple pie was good, wait until you taste breakfast.”

They slowly made their way into the kitchen and Jamie’s nostrils were filled with the smells of something wonderful. The table was set with waffles, bacon, eggs, and toast and glasses of fresh squeezed orange juice.

      “Mmm, smells delicious Grams.” Justin gave his grandmother a peck on the cheek and then sat down next to Jamie.

      “Eat up kids. I have some places to go today, and a few things I need to pick up at the store, so I’ll be out of your hair for most of the day.” She shuffled around the table, filling glasses and piling more food onto plates. “Justin, your parents are back from Florida this week, it would be nice if you stopped by to see them. You haven’t seen your mother in over a month…she misses you boy.” Justin smiled up at his grandmother and nodded.

      “One step ahead of you Grams, I was already planning on going over and taking James with me…I’m sure she misses Aunt Lynn too.” Justin smirked at Jamie and she stuck her tongue out at him.

      “Don’t be jealous that you’re mother loves me more than you, even though it’s not hard to see why.” Justin’s jaw dropped when his grandmother started laughing and he glared playfully at Jamie.

     “Just you wait little girl…your time will come. Just you wait.” Jamie shot him and innocent grin and Justin laughed lightly. Things had certainly opened up between them, and there was this new sense of comfort now. It was as if they had always been together. There was also this feeling of understanding, like they knew exactly what the other was thinking and feeling…because they were feeling it themselves.

After they finished eating, Justin ran upstairs to take a shower and get dressed. Jamie sat in her chair and watched Justin’s grandmother clean up, and she felt somewhat useless at the moment.     

      “Is there something I can help with Mrs. Bomar?”

      “Please dear, call me Grandma Sadie, everyone else does. And you don’t need to do a thing, I’m used to cleaning up after that boy and his rowdy friends…you just go and relax, you look like you could use the rest. And to be honest, I’d get as much as you could, because I think Justin has some plans for you two and when that boy gets an idea there’s no stopping him.” Jamie giggled and smiled. She really liked Sadie, she was a sweet woman that treated Justin like the grandson he was. There was no star treatment, and there was no excuse to be made. Justin was just Justin when he was here, and Jamie could see why he cherished his family so much.


 

The rest of the day had been a whirl of activities. Justin had taken Jamie to so many places, mostly because he had people that he wanted to visit. It had been fun, having that time together. Jamie was so glad she got to see the side of Justin that he normally didn’t let loose. She got to see the son, grandson, cousin and big brother. It was heart warming to watch his interactions with people that saw him as just Justin, and it was refreshing to see that he still acted that way. To say that she felt out of place would be a slight understatement, but Justin’s family did their best to make her feel comfortable. His mother was as sweet as ever, and both had a great time catching up.

Now they were sitting at a picnic table eating ice cream, just the two of them. Justin had decided that he had given his family the time that they deserved; now it was Jamie’s turn.

      “James…I wanted to talk to you about Orlando.” Jamie raised her eyes from her cup up to Justin’s face, but she stayed silent. “I have to go back in three days; they scheduled some recording for us. Johnny’s wedding is in three weeks, and I really want you there.” She licked the ice cream off her lips and turned on the bench to face Justin.

      “Justin…I know that you really want to have me there, but I don’t know. I mean, what about my father, and my job? The money I make helps him out, and I couldn’t just up and leave him. Also, last time I was in Orlando…things weren’t as wonderful as they could have been.” Justin watched as her eyes dropped to her cup again and it finally clicked.

      “Is that what you’re afraid of? James, I’m not the same person I was last year. You changed me,” He lifter her chin so she could see into his eyes and continued. “Jamie, you made me realize exactly what it is that I want. I’m not going to pull away from you once we’re back down there. This means too much, YOU mean too much for me to lose that again. I let you walk away from me once, but I’m not going to make that mistake again, you don’t need to worry about that.”

She sighed heavily and closed her eyes. “I know that Justin, deep inside I know.” She opened her eyes again and caught him watching her, waiting for her answer to his actual question. “I want to go so badly, but I can’t leave my father J, I’m all he has. If there were some way for me to know that he would be OK with out me, then I would go with you in a heart beat, but even I know you can’t pull something like that off in three days.” Justin’s spoon stopped half way to his mouth as a sudden thought flashed through his brain.

Jamie was startled as Justin flung himself up from his seat and he hurried over to the trash can to throw his cup away. He paced for a few seconds and then smiled devilishly at her, giving her chills.

      “If I can think of something in a week, will you move down to Orlando with me?” He held up a hand to stop her protest as the gears continued to grind in his head. “Give me one week James, and if you like what I have to say, you come down to stay with me.” He looked at her expectantly and she knew there was no resisting the pleading that was going on in his eyes.

      “Move with you? You mean relocate down to Florida permanently?”  She struggled with the thought, “I can’t leave my father Justin, and I don’t want to ask him to just leave this life he’s established because you want me closer.”

Justin’s hope sank a little with her words, but he was determined to win her over. “James, I wouldn’t dream of asking you to leave without your father.  I want him down there too.  My Mom is in Florida most of the time, and I know I could work something out for housing and a job.  He would be just as secure in Florida as he would here.  Let me figure this out and then talk to him, ok?”

She was hesitant, but the boy just looked so damn cute she couldn’t deny him the opportunity to try.

“All right Justin…but you have one week, and I have to agree to EVERYTHING that you think of, ok?” His smile widened and he heaved her off of the bench, pulling her slight frame into his much bigger one. He dipped his head and kissed her deeply and fully on the lips.

      “Thank you James, you’re not going to regret this.” He kissed her again and she smiled.

      “I better not."


 

One week later Jamie found herself on a plane to Orlando, sitting next to a sleeping Justin. She smiled at the image he made. His hair was tussled, flying in every direction, his head lay against the window and his long legs were stretched as far as they could. He looked completely uncomfortable, but he still managed to be dead asleep.

Jamie was amazed when Justin had approached her with his idea for her and her father. She was mostly surprised because he had spent the week with her, so she had no idea when he actually put everything together, but somehow he managed.

Somehow, Justin had found a job for her father, an apartment for them to live in, and he had done it in a week, just like he promised. Jamie knew that he had connections, but she just never knew how resourceful he really was.

Turning her attention back to her book she sighed and shifted in her seat. She had been on the same page for about twenty minutes, and she couldn’t seem to concentrate. Her head bounced a few times as someone hit the back of her seat, and she turned sharply to give them a dirty look.

      “Luke, sit still!” He grinned devilishly at her and shook her seat a few more times for good measure. “God, why must you torture me? What have I done to deserve this?” She heard Luke giggle and she sighed, closing her book forcefully. Justin stirred behind her and she glanced over at him. “Sorry if I woke you.”

      “You didn’t wake me at all…Luke did.” Another chortle could be heard from the seat behind them and Justin shook his head. “Why did you bring him along anyway?” Jamie shrugged.

      “I’m a glutton for punishment.” They chuckled lightly and Justin reached over and took Jamie’s hand.

      “I’m really glad that you’re here with me. It wouldn’t have been the same with out you.” Jamie smiled and a shiver ran through her body as he brought their joined hands up to his lips and kissed her palm lightly.

Jamie shifted in the seat and leaned back against Justin, sighing at the warmth of his body against hers. This was what she had dreamed for, and she had to pinch herself to make sure she was awake.

~*~

Justin sighed and stretched his tired muscles as they stepped onto Orlando turf. He loved Tennessee, because it was his birthplace, but Florida held so many memories, and it had become his home. He turned to see Jamie slowly climb down the stairs, and stumble into the sun light. Luke was close behind and he was mumbling something about ugly flight attendants.

      “Well James, welcome back.” As soon as the words left his mouth, Justin was pummeled by some unknown force and he went flying onto the ground with a loud grunt. Jamie stared in shock, but it wasn’t for long because a pair of hands covered her eyes and a voice whispered in her ear.

     “Guess who.” Jamie smiled and relaxed as soon as she realized that it was Joey, and the mass struggling on the ground with Justin was Chris. She called Joey on his question, and removed his hands to give him a hug. Lance and JC were slower in making their way over, but they were all there, and they were all happy to see Justin and Jamie together, and smiling.

      “How was the flight?” JC asked as they grabbed their luggage and headed toward the vans parked across the parking lot.

      “It was long, and Luke didn’t sit still for a second, but other than that it was all right.”

      “Well that’s good. You know, James, we’re all glad that you’re here, and we want you to know that. I know last time you were in O-town, it wasn’t as pleasant, but we want you to know that you’re welcome with us anytime, anywhere. A friend of Justin’s is a friend of ours…well, most of the time.” 

Jamie giggled and sighed. It did feel strange to be back, but she had let most of last years trip go. She and Justin had had many discussions about what went down, and both were at peace with it now. Besides, it was in the past, and who wants to dwell?

A hand slipped into hers and she smiled to see Justin walking beside her. “Hey, James.” He smiled at her and they made the rest of the trek to the vans in silence.

~*~

The ride to WEG was filled with old memories and jokes from Jamie’s last visit. Justin’s face had turned a deep shade of red as the others continued to rag on him about his attitude the last time they were all together. It was healing for Jamie to feel normal, to feel apart of something so wonderful. She sighed and leaned her head against Justin’s shoulder and closed her eyes, enjoying the sound of Chris and Joey’s bickering and Lance’s joyful laughter. JC was asleep on Jamie’s left and every now and then a slight snore could be heard from his direction.

After reaching the compound and taking bags up to different rooms, Justin and Jamie made their way over to the apartment that Justin had found for Jamie and her father. Allen was still in Tennessee finishing up his job and the packing that still needed to be done. He would be driving down with the rental truck in about 2 weeks and then they would start moving in.

Jamie’s pulse quickened as she noticed the scale of the houses that they were passing. This was one of the more prestigious sections of Orlando, and she knew that there was no possible way she and her father could afford this.

      “Please tell me that this is a short cut, and that this isn’t where the apartment is located.” Justin chuckled when he noticed her wide eyes and the way her knuckles gripped at the door handle.

      “James, breathe. You’ll have to trust me on this one, OK?” She shot him a contemptuous look and then returned her gaze to the car window.

A few moments later they pulled up to a moderate house that settled on the outskirts of a development. It was a beautiful ranch style house with a sort of Mexican getaway feel. Jamie looked around to see if there were any apartment buildings around, but saw none. She then turned to Justin and cocked an eyebrow at the sly grin perched on his lips.

      “Timberlake, what have you got up your sleeve?” He winked at her before stepping out of the car and walking around to her side. He helped her out and then led her up to the front door.

He took his sweet time reaching in his pocket and pulling out a small white envelope and handing it to Jamie.

      “Before you go all commando on me and kick my ass, hear me out.” Jamie crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot defiantly. Justin chuckled slightly but continued. “The job I got your father is for a part of the WEG Corporation, and with that deal came a lease on a house. You shouldn’t have any payments for anything as long as your father works under WEG. It’s kind of like a bonus, or a welcome to the team gift.” Jamie laughed a bit before commenting.

      “And this gift reeks of Justin Timberlake.” She looked up at him and smiled, realizing for the millionth time just how wonderful he really was. “Who did you bribe? How much did you pay? Justin, this can’t just be part of the deal, I mean, an apartment maybe, but not a whole damn house!”

      “Trust me James, it wasn’t my idea. I wish it was, because it was a damn good one if I do say so myself, but it was really apart of the job contract. Of course he has to keep up with everything, you know. Send the bills into WEG so they can be paid on time, all that jazz.”

She eyed him carefully and he awaited a response. “Well then, let’s get inside and see what we’ve got.” He smiled as he watched her unlock the door and step inside. He stared for a few minutes before she turned and spoke to him, pulling him out of his daze.

      “Are you just going to stand there looking at my ass, or are we going to look around?” A grin slid across his face and Jamie was sorry she asked.

      “Personally, I’d-”

      “Save it Romeo, let’s go.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki