Half Of Me Is You by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 3 : Shopping and Storming

* A few days later*


"Josh, do you think you could go buy the rest of the stuff we need for Scout's party? Oh and would you want to take Sami with you?" Kelsey asked as she watched him reading the newspaper at their kitchen table.

JC looked up from the paper and grinned. " Sure, I can sweetie. I'll take Sami with me too."

"Great. That way I can start straightening up the house and only have one baby to contend with."

"Yeah well, Scout might still give you a run for your money." Kelsey chuckled.

"That's right. I forgot she's your baby." JC chuckled.

"Well she is your's too. Not my fault she can be crazy sometimes."

Kelsey smiled and then walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his chest from behind. She placed a kiss on the side of his cheek.

"So how about you go upstairs and wake up Sami and see what Scout is up to. It's already getting late in the morning and you should head out for your shopping duties."

JC stood up from the chair and turned around. Then he gave her a peck on the lips.

"Yeah, I'll go do that. I"ll get Sami dressed and ready for our day of shopping."

Kelsey smiled and then lovingly gave him a little push out of the kitchen.


JC walked upstairs and into Scout's room first. He found her awake and sucking on her pacifier. She was wiggling around a little and appeared happy.

"Good morning, Scout. Aren't you little Miss Content today. Why don't I get you dressed and then we'll take you downstairs so mommy can watch you." JC said sweetly.

He lifted her up gently and then held her as he opened her closet to find something for her to wear. JC found her a pink t-shirt and her pair of overalls.

"Yep, this is what you're wearing today." JC said and Scout didn't try to disagree.

JC changed her into the shirt and overalls and smiled.

"You look so cute, sweetie. Now let's go wake sissy up."

JC walked to the room over and found Sami still curled up in her bed and grasping onto covers. He didn't want to disturb her as it was an angelic sight, but the little girl had slept many hours and needed to be woken up.

"Sami." JC said and softly shook her. The little girl squirmed and turned the other way.

"Sami." he repeated.

Scout wanted out of JC's arms and he let her down onto her sister's bed.

"Get her up, Scout."

Scout crawled over to her sisters face and then went for her hair. Scout grasped a chunk of her sissy's dark raven hair and did it wearing a mischievous smile. JC watched on seeing that Kelsey was right about Scout and her mischief.

"OW!" Sami yelled as she felt her hair being pulled. She opened her eyes and came face to face with her little sister.

Scout gave a baby giggle.

"No funny. You hurt me." Sami said to Scout and tried pushing her sister away.

JC tried to not laugh and then became serious as he noticed Sami trying to push Scout.

"Sami, be nice with her. You don't want to hurt her. She was only trying to help me wake you up."

"Daddy , she wasn't nice. She pull hair."

"I know, Sami , but it worked like a charm. You're up now." JC said and scooped Scout back into his arms before Sami attempted to push her again.

"What we do today?" Sami asked.

"You and I will go shopping for Scout's party. We can leave as soon as we get you dressed and fed." JC answered.

"Me and you. Not mommy?"

"Nope, just Sami and Daddy."

"But why we shop for Sout?"

JC chuckled lightly. Sami usually referred to her sister as Sissy, but when she attempted to say Scout, which wasn't often, she could never get the "c" and it was funny and endearing.

"Because Scout's turning a year old and it'll be her very first birthday. So mommy and daddy are throwing her a party. We need to buy some things to make it a wonderful party." Sami guessed it sounded okay.

"Okay daddy, we go shop."

"Let's get you dressed." JC said and sat Scout down on Sami's bed.

"I wear overall too."Sami said noting what her sister had on.

JC smiled. "Okay, sweetie. You two can be matching today."

JC found Sami's pair of overalls and a pink shirt as well. He helped Sami get dressed and then picked Scout back up.

"Now let's go downstairs. We'll get some food and give Scout to mommy." JC said and Sami followed behind him.


JC and his girls entered the kitchen and Kelsey was now sitting and reading the paper where he had been earlier.

"I got the girls." JC said smiling. Kelsey looked up and smiled back.

"Mommy!" Sami yelled and went to her lap.

"Hey sweetie. You ready to go shopping with daddy?" Kelsey asked and kissed Sami.

"Yess, me shop wit daddy."

Kelsey looked at Scout in JC's arms and then back at Sami.

"Did you match them on purpose?"

"Nope, it was Sami who wanted to look like her sister." JC answered.

"Oh, well they look cute matching."

"I agree. So do you want me to set Scout down in her play pen?"

"Yeah, that would be great. So I can get her a bottle and start some cleaning."

JC walked out of the kitchen for a second and found Scout's play pen in the family room. He placed her into it and smiled.

"Now you behave for mommy while Sami and I shop for your birthday. A good Scout makes daddy happy. I love you , baby." he said and returned to the kitchen.


Kelsey had given Sami some breakfast and looked at JC when he re-entered.

"She okay in there?" Kelsey asked.

"Scout's good for now." he answered.

"Well let Sami finish her food and you two and go on your way."

"Baby, I should wear my sunglasses and a hat, shouldn't I?"JC asked.

"I think so. You don't want anything to happen to you in public with only Sami with you."

"I'll run upstairs and grab my "disguise"."


A few minutes later JC entered the kitchen wearing a black hat with the brim pulled down some and a pair of big silver shades. He also tucked in his Leo necklace under his shirt to stop hardcore fans from seeing it and putting two and two together.

"How do I look?" he asked.

"Oh my god, you couldn't possibly be JC Chasez. You're so someone else." Kelsey answered teasingly.

"Ha ha, I just hope it fools those who need to be fooled."

"Well just be careful and don't let Sami make any scenes."

"I ready to go!" Sami exclaimed.

"Okay, then let's head out." JC said.

Kelsey smiled and handed him a list of things to get.

"Now I expect you to come back with all of this. Have fun shopping." she said and kissed JC's cheek.

"We have fun." Sami said.

JC smiled. "And you have fun with Scout and clean the house thoroughly, sugar pie."

Kelsey grinned. " I will."

JC and Sami left the kitchen and headed to the garage. Kelsey headed to the family room to see how Scout was doing in her playpen.


JC parked his car in the parking lot of the party supply store and was happy to see it didn't have many cars in the lot. He got out and then opened the back door to help Sami get out.

"Come on, sweetie. We need to get plates, napkins, plastic silverware, and some decorations for sissy's party." JC said as he took Sami's hand.

They walked hand in hand into the store and JC looked down at the list his wife made.

"First, we need to get the plates and napkins." JC said and found the aisle with partyware.

"We get pwetty pwetty pwincess plates, daddy." Sami said.

"No, mommy and I decided we're giving Scout a Winnie The Pooh theme. So we're getting these." JC said picking up plates that had Pooh with his hunny pot on them.

"But daddy!"

"Nope, it's not your party. Besides, you know your sister likes Winnie The Pooh. You've watched a lot of tapes with her."

"Hmph. Fine." Sami pouted and crossed her arms.

JC chuckled. "Well it seems there aren't matching napkins, so you can pick out the napkins."

"I can!"

"Yeah, what color should we get?"

Sami reached out to the shelf that was at her height and picked up some red napkins.

"Red!"

JC took them from her. "Good choice, Sami."

She smiled very proud of herself.

"Okay so we have plates and napkins. Now we need plastic silverware. We need to go an aisle over."

Sami still had her hand in JC's and followed him to the next aisle.

"So they have clear and they have white. I think we'll get white. That way it'll be easier to see." JC said picking up a box.

"We got all?"

"No, we need to see if they have some nice decorations. Why don't you hold the napkins for me since my hand is getting full." Sami smiled and took the napkins from her daddy.

"Me help."

"Yeah, you help." he said smiling.

JC and Sami found the decoration section and JC grinned seeing the "Happy Birthday" banner with Winnie The Pooh characters on it.

"Look , this is perfect." JC said taking it.

"Me hold too."

"Okay, baby."

Sami held on to it and smiled up at JC. "We finished now?"

"Oh look they got Piglet with a birthday cake that has only one candle on it. We should get it too." JC said and picked it up as well.

"Now finished?"

JC glanced down at the list.

"Yep, that's all we need from this store. Mommy got the rest last week."

"We pay?"

JC grinned. "Yeah. let's go pay now."

They headed to the cashier and successfully left the store without any problems.

"Now where we go?"

"You, Miss Sami, need to pick out a gift for Scout. As do I and mommy even wrote that on the list. So we're heading to the toy store." JC answered.

"Yiiippppeee!"

JC laughed.



JC and Sami were at the toy store. Sami's eyes were in awe of all the toys she saw.

"Well what should you get sissy?" JC asked.

"Me not no."

"What do you think your sister would like?"

"She wike anmals."

"She likes animals. Yes, she does. Why don't we see if they have some stuffed animals that you could pick from for sissy."

"Yesss."

Then Sami let go of JC's hand and ran with excitement away from him.

"Sami!" he yelled and ran after her.

"Don't run from daddy!" he scolded as he found her by the stuffed animals.

Sami stuck out her bottom lip and pouted seeing JC's not so happy face.

"Sweetie, don't get mad at me. You just shouldn't run away from me like that. Daddy doesn't want anything to happen to you."

"I sowwy. I want pick anmal for Sout."

JC smiled. "Apology accepted baby."

He knelt down and gave her a hug.

"So you want to pick an animal out for Scout?" JC asked.

Sami shook her head. "Well what kind? They have monkeys, lions, bears, birds, elephants, dogs, and so many kinds I can't even name all of them."

Sami giggled. "Dis one, daddy."

JC looked at what Sami was pointing at and grinned.

"Okay. Tigger it is. Good choice, Sami. Scout should really like this."

Sami held on to the Tigger as JC tried to figure out what his own gift to Scout would be.


Back at home, Kelsey had just gotten a call from Meredith Wyatt from Wyatt & Smithton Modeling. She listened and listened to Ms. Wyatt about modeling and all the jobs she could line up, but Kelsey turned her down.

Kelsey figured that she'd need to care for Scout and Sami while JC worked on his album and that JC would be happy with her decision. Plus, if she was free then she could travel with the girls to be with JC. Kelsey also wanted to try starting her own line as it was anyways, and could do that easier by staying at home and not modeling.

Kelsey smiled pleased with her decision and went to check on Scout. She found that Scout was in her playpen asleep and clutching on to a teddy bear that was in there.

"Great, now I can clean the rest of the house." Kelsey said and headed upstairs to get some cleaning supplies.


JC and Sami had left the toy store happy with their purchases and now had to stop at the grocery store to get some food for the party and place the cake order.

JC grabbed a cart at the entrance and lifted Samantha up to put her in the seat. She happily took the seat without a problem.

Then JC leaned in towards Sami and smiled. "So we need to get some snacks and drinks for the party. Oh and place the order for sissy's cake. How does that sound?"

"Okay, daddy." Sami said and touched the brim of his hat.

"Daddy?" she said.

"Hmmm?"

"Why cover up?" JC grinned.

"You mean why do I have my shades and hat on?" Sami nodded.

"Cause daddy is a celebrity."

"Cebity?" Sami questioned still not understanding that her daddy was "JC Chasez".

"Celebrity." he repeated with a chuckle.

"What is dat?"

"That means that daddy needs to be careful when he goes shopping because people want his autograph, or to snap pictures, or even maul him."

Sami gasped and acted like she knew what it all meant.

"Ooohhh, so can I have autogwaph?"

JC laughed out loud as they went down the chip aisle.

"Oh honey, you're funny." Sami looked at him and wodered why we he laughed.

"No funny."

"Yes it is. Why would you need daddy's autograph?"

Sami just shrugged her shoulders and dropped the subject.

JC smiled and then picked out some potato chips and put them in the cart. Then he went to the dairy section and found some dip for the chips.

"Pop." Sami said.

"Yes, we need to go pick out some pop too."

JC pushed the cart down to the beverage aisle and stopped in front of the Pepsi.

"Pessi!" Scout squealed. JC laughed.

"Yep it is. We're going to have lots of guests so we need a lot of bottles." JC said and put in a variety of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Cherry Pepsi and Vanilla Pepsi along with some Mountain Dew.

"Lots pop, daddy."

"I know." JC said as if he was shocked himself.

"Now let's go to the bakery section and order Scout's cake."



"Can I help you?" the lady at the bakery counter asked as she saw JC.

"Yes, please. I need to order a cake." JC answered.

"What kind of cake and frosting?"

"I believe my wife wanted me to order a marble cake with white buttercream frosting."

"Sounds good." the lady said and jotted it down on her slip of paper.

"Now what kind of decorations and writing shall I put on it for you?" she asked.

"Happy Birfday Sout!" Sami exclaimed.

The lady chuckled.

"That would be Happy Birthday Scout." JC corrected.

"Oh is it your son's birthday?"

"Um actually it's my daughter's and she'll be turning a year old."

"Aw, how sweet. So we got the writing figured out. What decoration could I add?"

"Do you have any Winnie The Pooh decorations?" JC asked.

"Oh yes, it's a popular theme for a child's cake. We can put Pooh , Piglet, and the whole gang on the cake."

"Super. Then that's what I want."

"So we have a marble cake with white buttercream frosting, Happy Birthday Scout, and Winnie The Pooh decoration?" the lady asked for clarification.

"Sounds right." JC said with a smile.

"Now when do you need this?"

"Two days."

"Perfect. We'll have it ready for you by then. Can I please have a name and number so we can call you when it's ready for pick up."

JC paused for a second, "Oh my name is Jay Chase and I'll just come pick it up at 12:30 on Friday."

"Oh, we'll that's fine. It will be done by then anyways." the lady said and JC grinned going on his way.

"Yes, daddy did good back there. He didn't have to say his real name or give his phone number out." JC said to Sami.

Sami clapped for him. He chuckled.

"Now let's go check out and go home to mommy and sissy."

"Yesss." Sami said.



Kelsey had gotten the house sparkling and was satisfied with having family and friends see it when they came over for Scout's party.

She was now in the kitchen and holding Scout in her lap marking off all the names of people who would be coming to the party.

"You're going to have so much fun on Friday. So many people love you Scout and want to share your first birthday with you." Kelsey said.

"Wuv."

"Yeah, lots of people love you."

Scout moved and went for her mommy's hair again. Kelsey stopped her little hand.

"Be nice. It's going to be your birthday and we only want nice babies having birthday parties."

"Pawty."

"Yes, a party for you."

Scout smiled and Kelsey kissed her forehead.

"Daddy and Sami should be home soon and have lots of stuff for your party."

"Da da." Scout said as she heard the garage door.

"Speak of the devil, they must be back." Kelsey said and stood up to greet them at the garage door.

"Hey honey." JC said as he opened the door and Sami walked behind him.

"Hi mommy." Sami said.

"You buy lots of stuff?"

"We did." Sami said smiling.

"Oh yes we did mommy. I got to get it all from the trunk." JC said.

"Come on Sami, why don't you sit at the table while daddy unloads everything so you're not in his way." Kelsey said guiding her to her chair with the booster seat.

Sami listened to Kelsey and then Kelsey watched as JC brought in bags and bags of stuff.

He set it all on the counters in the kitchen and hid the bag with Scout's gifts in the corner.

Kelsey set Scout down and peeked inside all the bags. She was pleased that her husband fulfilled his duty and picked up all she asked him to. She was especially happy seeing he remembered the theme of Winnie The Pooh.

"Aw, thanks so much baby. You did good." Kelsey said taking off his hat and shades and then kissing him.

"JC smiled at her after the kiss and said, " Well I am JC Chasez , you know. Popstar, super cool daddy, shopper extraordinaire, and did I mention god."

Kelsey rolled her eyes and hit him upside the head.

"I think you forgot dork." she said teasingly.

"So funny, Kels. You kill me."

"I know, it's my wonderful humor."

JC just smiled and started unloading the groceries and party stuff for her. Then he picked up the bag with Scout's presents in it.

"What's in that?" Kelsey asked.

"Presents." he whispered.

"So you and Sami got your presents." she whispered back.

"We sure did and Scout is going to love them."

"I hope so. I don't want my baby hating her first birthday because she got bad presents."

JC laughed. "You don't need to worry."

JC took the "secret" bag upstairs as Kelsey remained the kitchen putting stuff away and watching the girls.



That night the sunshine had gone down and the beautiful day that it had been turned into stormy weather.

JC had changed out of his clothes and was wearing a wifebeater and his boxers as he climbed into bed. He heard the thunder and knew lightning would accompany it. Kelsey walked into their bedroom.

"I got the girls in bed." Kelsey said and went into the closet to grab a nightgown to put on.

Kelsey walked back out and JC smiled. "You look beautiful, as always."

"Thanks. I'm not tired yet. You want to watch a movie?"

JC got off the bed and opened the entertainment center that was in their room.

"Sure, but what shall we watch?" he asked.

"Oh, since it's storming we could watch something scary."

JC looked at what movies they had up there and chuckled. "The scariest movie we have up here is Scooby Doo and The Case of the Werewolf."

Kelsey laughed."Oh, well I don't want to make you go downstairs for something else. What else is there?"

"The Lion King, Cinderella, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Grease, Dumb & Dumber, Beauty & The Beast, and Rent."

"Well out of all those, Rent sounds the best to me. I mean how can you not like it. It's a cool musical. Plus Joey did it on Broadway. Say yes to it, Josh."

JC laughed. "Yeah, we can even sing along if you want to."

"Haha, I'll leave that up to you , Popstar."

JC put the movie in and then Kelsey and him snuggled up on their bed. They watched it enjoying the alone time they were having together.

Half way in to the musical, the storm outside got even nastier and the lightning even made Kelsey shake. JC smiled and held her close to him. Then he kissed her too.

"It's okay, baby. Just a storm and I'm here."

"I know, Josh. It's just it's getting nasty out there."

JC fixed the blinds and curtains in there room so that she couldn't look out at the lightning.

"There, now you can just enjoy the rest of the movie and not look outside."

Kelsey grinned and kissed him.

As soon as she pulled away there was crying heard.

JC groaned and Kelsey sighed. "I'll go get Scout."

Kelsey left him and went to go get Scout. Before Kelsey returned JC was greeted bedside by Sami wearing a frightened look on he face.

"I sared, daddy."

"You're scared?"

"Yessss."

"Okay, come up here with me." JC said as he helped her up onto the bed.

"Me not like wain."

"Yeah, the rain is pretty nasty tonight. The storm scared sissy too. Mommy went to get her."

"We sweep wit you?"

JC smiled. "Oh you want to sleep with mommy and me?"

Sami nodded her head.

"We'll see what mommy thinks."

"We'll see what mommy thinks about what?" Kelsey asked returning to the room with Scout wearing a tear-stained face.

"Sami wants to sleep with us. You want to let her."

"Well only if Scout can too." JC smiled.

"Of course, daddy has to protect all three of his girls."

Kelsey turned the movie off and then got into the bed with Scout. JC helped Sami move into the middle of the bed beside her sister. JC then draped an arm over his daughters and wife.

"Goodnight Sami. Goodnight Scout. Goodnight Sugar Pie. I love you all." JC said with a grin.

"Night daddy, mommy, and sissy." Sami said.

Kelsey smiled. "Goodnight my loves."

Little Scout remained silent as she had fallen asleep already in between her sister and mother.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki