Half Of Me Is You by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 4 : Scout's Par-tay!

*Two Days Later - Scout's Birthday*


It was a nice,sunny Friday and the Chasez family would be kicking off the weekend with a birthday party for little Scout. It was her first birthday and both of her parents were still surprised by how fast the first year of her life went. Yet, they were happy to see her special day arrive.

JC and Kelsey were in the kitchen going over last minute preparations for the party and talking about how great of a day it would be.

"So when do you need to get the cake?" Kelsey asked looking at her watch.

"I said I'd pick it up at 12:30. It's noon now , so I'll leave in like fifteen minutes." JC answered.

"Okay, that's good. Everyone should start getting here at 1 o'clock." JC smiled.

"So your family and my family will be here, plus the guys?"

Kelsey glanced down at the RSVP list next to her and skimmed it. "Yeah, everyone should be here. Justin even RSVPed for Cameron."

"That's cool."

Kelsey took a few steps closer to JC and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind.

"So you think Scout will have a good day?"

JC turned around and kissed Kelsey. "Yeah, I think so. She shouldn't be scared of anyone, except maybe Chris. Plus daddy bought her a cool gift."

Kelsey chuckled. "A cool gift. You're so sure of yourself, huh?"

"Well I just know she'll like it or she's not my baby."

Kelsey just chuckled again.

"Not to get off subject, baby. But did you ever hear back about your modeling offer?" JC asked curiously.

"Yeah, I did. I'm sorry I forgot to mention anything. When you went shopping with Sami, I got a call from Meredith Wyatt herself , but I turned her down. Told her I had two girls who needed me and that I also hoped I could visit my husband when he starts traveling for his music. Plus you know I want to make my own designs instead, Josh."

"Yeah, I know. Well if you're happy with your decision, then I'm happy too. I'd like you to visit with the girls when you can too. I'm just not sure how often I'll be able to let you come see me."

"First, just finish your record and we'll take it day by day. I'm not saying Scout, Sami, and I need to be attached to your hip and follow your every step. I know that would also be hard on the girls and me too. Plus paparazzi is getting out of hand these days and you'll be busy with stuff. So we'll figure it out when the time comes."

JC kissed her. "Thanks, babe. I'm glad you understand that it might be hard with the girls and that it won't be feasible all the time. I'll miss you all terribly though when I'm all alone."

"We will too."

Kelsey hugged him tight and took in the feeling of her body against his for a moment before pulling away.

"I love you." Kelsey said.

"I love you too." JC said

"Maybe you want to go make sure Sami and Scout are okay and then go get the cake."

"Yes, I'll do that."

JC exited the kitchen and smiled walking into the family room. The family room was now decorated with Winnie The Pooh and colorful streamers. There were even some balloons with "1st Birthday" on them. Amongst the spectacle was Scout sitting up in her play pen.

"Hey, sweetie. It's your birthday today." JC cooed after he walked and stood over the play pen looking down at his daughter.

"Da da!" she exclaimed excited.

"Yeah, and daddy gets to celebrate it with you. Daddy also bought you a gift that you'll really like."

Scout raised her hands wanting to be picked up. JC smiled and picked her up.

"Now let's go see what Sissy is doing?"

"Sis" Scout uttered.

JC smiled at her and walked up the stairs to see where Sami was.

He looked in Sami's room and was glad to find her behaving and playing with her doll on the floor.

"Hey Sami. You having fun with your doll?" JC asked.

Sami looked up and smiled seeing her daddy and sissy.

"Yess, daddy. It Sout's birfday?" JC chuckled.

"Yeah, it is. We're going to have guests coming really soon. We're having a grand ole party for Scout. It's going to be fun. So can we maybe stop playing with your doll and head downstairs?"

"Why?"

"I need to go get Scout's birthday cake and mommy would probably like to watch you and sissy in the kitchen. You need to be downstairs and in party-mode when guests get here." JC answered hoping his daughter could comprehend part of it.

"I guess. Let's see mommy."

JC smiled and headed back down to the kitchen with his daughters.


Kelsey smiled seeing her family enter the kitchen. She took Scout from JC.

"Hey Birthday Girl." Kelsey said and kissed the top of Scout's head.

"Mommy, me stay wit you?" Sami asked.

"Yep, because daddy is going for the cake now and guests should arrive soon."

"Okay."

JC grabbed his car keys and then looked at Kelsey. "Everything is set for the party? Only thing I need to get is the cake?"

"Cake is all we need." Kelsey answered and then pecked his lips.

"Mmm, imagine how good those lips would taste with frosting on them."

Kelsey chuckled. "Well maybe we can see when we get a piece of that birthday cake."

JC nodded his head vigorously in agreement. Then he went on his way to pick up the cake.




It was five minutes until 1:00 P.M. and JC had returned to find that none of his guests had arrived early. That meant there would be a bombardment of people right on the hour.

Kelsey was in the kitchen with the girls and smiled when he came in carrying the cake. JC set it down and Kelsey took a peek at it. She smiled at seeing that the Winnie The Pooh theme even got on the cake as well. She kissed JC's cheek.

"Thanks for odering and picking up the cake, honey. It looks great."

"No problem, Kels."

"So are you ready for the house to be crazy. I'm surprised we haven't had any early partiers." JC smiled.

"Me too and now that means we'll hear the doorbell like ten times in a row."

Just then the doorbell rang. Kelsey and JC chuckled.

"I'll answer it." JC said and then walked to the front door.

He smiled seeing his parents and brother and sister.

"Hi Mom, Dad, Tyler, and Heather." JC said smiling.

"Hey son, where's the birthday girl?" Karen asked.

"Kelsey has her in the kitchen. You can go in there."

"Ok, sweetie , I will." Karen said and walked towards the kitchen.

"So can you believe Scout's one already?" Roy asked giving JC a pat on the back.

"No, I can't Dad. This year has gone fast."

"Well I'll go make sure you're mother is staying in line in your kitchen." JC chuckled.

"Okay, Dad."

JC was then let standing with his brother and sister.

"You're going to have to let me babysit for you sometime. I don't know how, but those girls are adorable even with you as their daddy." Heather said.

"Ha ha." JC said. Heather giggled and then headed into the kitchen as well to find her nieces.

"So JSizzle, you're like old now. You're baby isn't a baby anymore. You're not going to be able to hang with me anymore soon." Tyler said.

JC rolled his eyes at his brother, "You're a trip T Shaz. I still know how to party and I'll only be 30 next birthday."

"I only kid. Lighten up." JC smiled.

"Well it's good seeing you even though you're a little crazy. Why don't you go see Scout in the kitchen. I think she wants to see her Uncle Ty."

Tyler smiled and went to the kitchen.

JC stayed by the front door and within fifteen minutes greeted the rest of the party. The other guests included: Joey, Kelly, Briahna, Chris, Lance, Justin , Cameron, JC's manager Eric, and two good friends and producers; Alex G and Brad "Riprock" Daymond. There was also Kelsey's sister Natalie and her parents.

The party congregated into the family room and Scout made her grand entrance. Everyone awwed over how cute the birthday girl was and then started up conversations.

Kelsey and Kelly had always gotten along an had become great friends after Kelsey got serious with JC. Now they really enjoyed their friendship being the two women married to NSYNC men and raising children. They started their own conversation.

JC held on to Scout as he tried mingling with all of his guests and seeing how everyone was doing. He really enjoyed getting his family and friends together and especially for an occasion such as this.

"Let me hold her." Chris said as JC walked by him.

"I'd be putting her in danger if I did." JC said glancing at Scout.

"You're a riot. Just let me hold her."

JC slowly handed her over to Chris and for some unexplainable reason didn't utter a peep. It was if Scout had no idea of the craziness Chris had in his blood.

"She likes me." Chris said grinning.

"Sadly, it's true. Just please don't drop her." JC said and then sat down on the couch where Justin and Cameron were talking.

"Hey, JC. Your daughter, well both of your daughters are adorable." Cameron said as she saw JC next to her.

"Thanks, I'd have to agree. I'm glad you and Justin could come." JC said genuinely.

"We're glad too. So what are you up to, man?" Justin asked.

"I'm actually working on the second album. I have a couple songs layed down and I'm still searching for songs and writing. I'm excited for this album." Justin smiled.

"That's cool. I was working on my own as well. I'm in the mixing process now. It'll be out in a month or two, I hope. But hey, since you still need songs I'd love to help you out,dude."

"Really?!" JC said excited that his best friend would make an offer to help him out.

"Totally! You figure out some studio time and what not and we can get this on the road. A JT and JC collaboration is on it's way, baby!"

"Sweet, dude. Yeah, I'll definitely see where and when we can get in the studio."

"Okay, now enough studio talk. Enjoy your daughter's party." Justin said.

JC got up from the couch and took his advice. He went to mingle some more and would wink at his wife every chance he got. She'd smile back.

All in all, everyone at the party seemed to have a great time. Sami played with Briahna, Kelsey and Kelly caught up, all the NSYNCers talked about the old days and what they were doing now, Kelsey's parents talked with JC's and well no one felt left out.


It was now time for the real excitement for the Birthday Girl to begin. Scout was going to open presents and then get her first piece of birthday cake.

Scout was settled on the floor of the family room and everyone surrounded her. JC placed all of her presents on the floor next to her. He then took a seat next to her so he could help her unwrap. Sami thought she should get to help sissy as well, so she sat next to JC to help too.

"Look, your first gift is from mommy." JC said picking up the first box in front of Scout.

Scout tore at it as if she'd been born to tear things apart. It uncovered a clothing box. JC helped get the lid off.

"Look, mommy bought you some very pretty sundresses. You'll look so pretty in them."

"Tank" Scout said.

"Thanks. I think she means thank you, mommy." JC translated.

Everyone laughed and smiled at the cuteness of Scout and her daddy.

Then the next gift she opened was Sami's. Scout pulled it out of the gift bag it had been and hugged it so close, it couldn't be held tighter.

"Looks like she loves her Tigger, Sami." JC said.

"You welcome, sissy." Sami said and then gave her sister a kiss on the forehead. Ooohs and awwws were then heard.

Scout then went through the rest of her presents. She received many other toys, clothes, and even check. Yet, one more had to be opened.

"Look, we saved the best for last Scout. Daddy got this for you. You got to love it." JC said placing it in front of her.

"It better be the best. You've been pretty boastful about it." Kelsey said.

"It bes?" Scout asked confused in her baby talk.

"HA! Scout just said it's the best." JC said smiling.

"She didn't unwrap it yet, daddy." Kelsey said getting sassy. All of their guests found the couple humorous.

"Scout, open it." JC said ignoring Kelsey's sassiness for the moment.

Scout used her little hands and also with the help of JC's big hands unwrapped her present.

"See Scout! Daddy, got you you're own little keyboard. So you don't have to break his. You can make your own music and pound on it all you want."

Scout smiled big and seemed thrilled with her gift from JC.

"Wuv." Scout said.

"I'm glad, baby."

"Oh my God, I can't believe I didn't see that one coming. Maybe daddy is wishful thinking." Kelsey said.

"Maybe, maybe not. I don't care what she does Kels. I just thought she'd like it and maybe when she's older I can give her piano lessons."

Scout was playing with the box the keyboard was in and wanted to get it out.

"See, she is eager to play it already." JC said standing up and then kissing his wife.

"You're good, really good, Josh." she whispered in his ear. He smiled and was glad his wife like the present selection he made.

All of the other guests, especially the musicians in the room, had also found JC's gift to be so JC , but a very thoughtful one indeed for his daughter.


With presents now done and the wrapping paper picked up by good little helper Sami, it was now time for cake eating.

Kelsey and JC went to go bring the cake to the dining room table where they would serve dessert and sing "Happy Birthday".

"Well this day has gone really well." JC said.

"Yeah, it has. Thanks for helping out so much."Kelsey said.

"No problem. Now let's go get this cake to the dining room and cut it." JC said and Kelsey smiled lifting the cake with him.

"It's a cute cake." JC's mother said when it was set down before the guests.

"Yeah, you guys picked a really cute theme for the party as well. " Kelly said.

Lance, who was holding Scout, set her down in the high-chair that Kelsey put in there.

"Well the Birthday Girl is ready." Tyler said seeing his niece was anxious to put her little hand into the cake.

"Let's light a candle for her to blow out and then we can serve this cake." Kelsey said.

"Here's the matches." Kelly said seeing them in front of her spot at the table.

"Thanks." Kelsey said taking them.

"Scout, you're going to get to blow out a candle and make a wish and then stuff yourself with cake. But first we'll sing "Happy Birthday"." Justin told the little girl.

"Yeah, Justin's right. We're going to let daddy lead "Happy Birthday"." Kelsey said looking behind her thinking her husband was there.

"Daddy not here." Sami said pointing it out to everyone.

"I didn't see him leave the room. I'll go see where he went off to. Be back in a sec." Kelsey said leaving her guests.

Kelsey walked to the family room and didn't find her husband. Then she decided to go upstairs. Maybe he was in the bathroom or grabbing something. Kelsey looked in room after room, and halted when she stood at the doorframe of Scout's nursery.

"Josh." she called out seeing him staring out of the huge window before him.

"Oh hey." he said not turning to look at her.

"Sweetie, we were just going to sing "Happy Birthday" and then we realized you snuck off. You're suppose to lead us through the song, baby. Lets go back downstairs. Scout and everyone else are waiting on us."

"Oh, okay." JC said.

Kelsey stepped into the room and actually walked over to the window where he was looking out. She caught a glimpse of his face and found sorrow.

"Josh, is something wrong? You look really sad." Kelsey asked concerned.

"I feel sad."

"Aww, honey. Why?"

"Well, Scout's first birthday is today. It means she's getting bigger and stronger by the day and she's not a completely helpess little baby now. She can walk now and did you see how she tore that wrapping paper." Kelsey knew what he meant and she wrapped her arms around him.

"I know she's growing up, but she's still little and no matter what Sami and Scout will always be our little girls."

"I know Kels, but like this is last 1st birthday we get to celebrate."

"Josh, sweetie, don't look at like the glass is half empty. We still have so many more birthdays to celebrate with our girls and we'll always have the memories and pictures with us. Even if this is the last first birthday we get to celebate for one our kids, it's been a blast." Kelsey said trying to cheer him.

He sighed and then cracked a smile. "I guess you're right. I was just getting too depressed for my own good about it. Now let's go sing "Happy Birthday". I'm good now. Thanks for talking to me, Sugar Pie."

"No problem, honey." Kelsey said and they kissed before heading downstairs.


"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Dear Scout! Happy Birthday To You!" all the guests sang with JC's tenor voice being heard the most.

Scout clapped her little hands.

"Okay baby, now you can make a wish and blow out the candle." JC said.

Scout looked at the little piece of cake that had placed in front of her to make it easier for her to reach and attempt to blow out a candle. Kelsey was at her side to make sure the little girl didn't mess with the fire.

Scout sat still for a moment or two and then with all the air her little lungs could muster, blew like a the Big Bad Wolf.
The candle went out and everyone clapped for her.

"Good Job, Scout. Now let's taste some cake." Kelsey said as she took the candle away from her daughter.

Scout smashed part of her slice in her hands and then brought some up to her mouth. She tasted it and seemed to like the frosting.

"Can daddy have some frosting?" JC asked he leaned down closer to her.

Scout picked up some cake and just tossed it into JC's face. Everyone chuckled and JC grinned as he started wiping the cake and frosting that had found it's way on to his face off.

"And you call me crazy." Chris said.

"You must've told her to do that." JC joked.

Kelsey giggled seeing JC's face and then yelped as he pulled her into his embrace.

"Remember we wanted to have that kiss with frosting. Well, baby, now we can." JC said.

Kelsey blushed knowing everyone heard him and that everyone would watch them kiss. Yet, he just looked too damn irresistible with the frosting smeared on his face.

Kelsey brought her lips to his and kissed him tasting the sweet frosting.

"You liked it?" JC asked when they ended the kiss.

"Yeah, it was sweet." she answered.

"I'm glad, cause you can have some more frosting." he said taking some of the frosting off of his face and smearing it onto the tip of Kelsey's nose.

"Josh!" she cried out.

"Well, it's only fair. Scout did it to me and so I do it to you."

"Thanks babe, I love you too." she said sarcastically.

JC laughed.

Everyone ate their cake and enjoyed the rest of Scout's birthday.


Later that night, all the guests had gone. JC had thanked his family so much for coming and promised his parents could see the kids again soon and that he'd go out with his brother as well. JC also talked to Justin once more about collaborating and told him to expect a call in a day or too. The party had been a success and now it was time to relax.

JC and Kelsey were now in the kitchen throwing things out and cleaning up. Scout had already been put to bed because the Birthday Girl had such a cool day it tired her out. Sami was in the family room laying on the couch and watching a Sesame Street tape.

"Well it was a great day, wasn't it?" Kelsey said as she put the left over cake in the fridge.

"It sure was. I don't think Scout could've had a better birthday."

"Me neither. So I saw you and Justin looked to be having some good conversation."

"Oh yeah, in fact Justin wants to collaborate for a song or two on my album. It's so cool, Kels."

"Aw, that's wonderful. You two writing a song together is bound to be a hit."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. As long as it doesn't crash and burn like Schizophrenic did, I'll be happy."

"Well all I want is for you to be happy." Kelsey said and kissed him.

"If that's so, then why don't we leave the rest of the mess for the morning. What would make me happy is to put Sami in bed and then maybe get a little frisky under the sheets."

"Are you insinuating, what I think you're insinuating, Mr. Chasez?" Kelsey asked in a pretend shock.

"Well I didn't write "All Day Long I Dream About Sex" for nothing."

"You're dirty, but with the adorable face you have and hot muscles, I can't seem to say no."

"Good, because you've got me."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki