Half Of Me Is You by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 5 : London's Calling

~Two Days Later~

JC had called Justin the other day regarding their collaboration and had told his friend that he would have a definite time and location to record, once he heard back from some other producers.

While waiting to get a phone call, JC was trying to have a relaxing day at home. He was in the family room watching television, while Kelsey was in the kitchen baking with the girls.

JC decided he needed to get a drink, so he stood up off the couch. Before entering the kitchen, he noticed some moving vans and commotion across the street. He went to the window and saw that their neighbors were moving out and sold their house already.

"Wow, that was fast." JC said to himself and then walked into the kitchen.


"Hey, sweetie." Kelsey said greeting JC as she put a pan of cookies into the oven.

"Hey sugar pie. Hey Sami and Scout." he said seeing his daughter as well.

"Daddy!" Sami cried out.

"Da da." Scout said softly.

"Well daddy came in here for a drink." JC said as he opened the fridge.

"We're baking some cookies for you too." Kelsey said smiling.

"Mmmm. What nice girls I have. I know they'll be delicious."

"Of course." JC smiled and poured himself some apple juice.

"Guess what I just noticed?" Kelsey smiled.

"Well what did you just notice, honey?"

"The house across the street is sold already and the McCarthy's are moving out right now."

"Gosh, that was really fast. Only like a week and their house is off the market." JC grinned.

"I know. I was surprised too, but now I'm kind of excited to see who moves in."

"Well remember we said we're hoping for a nice family with little kids." JC nodded.

"I know, but unfortunately it's not guaranteed. We'll just find out once the new neighbors move in."

"Daddy!" Sami yelled.

"Hmm?" JC asked turning to face her.

"Me go downsairs."

"Downstairs? For what?"

"Wit you." JC smiled.

"Oh, you wanted to go in the studio with daddy?"

"Yesss."

"Well baby, I wasn't planning on working on anything today. I said you could be in the studio next time I was working. I'm taking a break today, but maybe in a day or two you can join me."

"Nooo. I wan lissen now." Sami said pouting.

"That's really nice of you to want to listen to my music, but I'm not going down to work in the basement today."

"Pwease daddy!" JC groaned and knew she had him wrapped around her finger and that he wouldn't be able to handle anymore whining.

Kelsey looked at JC and knew he was going to give in. She smiled knowing he was a softy most of the time when it came to Scout and Sami.

"Okay, Sami. We'll go in the studio for just a little bit. You're going to have to be a good girl, especially since daddy is doing you a favor today." JC said.

"Yay!!!" Sami said thrilled to death.

"Come on, Sami. Let's go listen to some music."

Sami followed JC out of the kitchen and Kelsey remained in the kitchen watching Scout and baking the rest of the cookies.


"Pway song. Pway song, daddy." Sami said anxiously sitting on his lap.

"Okay, sweetheart. We can listen to a rough copy of a song I'm working on." JC said as he pressed play to hear the song flow out from the speakers he had in the studio.

Sami started bopping her head to it, and JC chuckled.

"You like?" JC asked.

"Yess. Yess. It cool , daddy." Sami answered still bopping away.

"Well thanks. At least I can count on someone to back up my album." JC said smiling.

"Nother song, daddy. "

"You want to hear something else?

"Yesss."

"Okay. Let me think of what else I can play for you." JC said and smiled looking at a piece of paper with lyrics.

Sami saw what he was looking at and tried reaching for it. JC picked it up before her little arms could reach it.

"What dat, daddy?"

"These are lyrics I wrote when Scout was down here with me. It's a song I'm working on for mommy." Sami grinned .

"I hear!"

"You want to hear it? Well I only have the guitar part for it. Daddy hasn't even recorded it."

"Me no care. Pway it!" JC chuckled at her eagerness.

"Okay. Okay. I'll just sing it live for you. Get off of my lap so I can get my guitar."

Sami happily obliged and watched as her daddy got his guitar wearing a huge smile. JC picked up his guitar and then took a seat at the couch he had behind the soundboard.

"I'll play here on the couch and you can sit in my chair." JC said as he strummed a chord.

"Okay, daddy." Sami said and pushed her little body up onto JC's chair without a major struggle.

"You ready?"

"Yesss, daddy!"

"Remember now, I wrote this for mommy. So please keep it a secret." Sami made the gesture of sealing her lips.

"Me not tell."

"Thanks, baby. So here goes."

JC strummed out an intro and then his smooth vocals came like magic.

If everything were a lie
You would be the only truth
If everything turned gray
You would be the only shade of color
'Cause you shine above everything else
Without you I'd be lost
You're the love and guidance in my life

You put yourself in my heart
There is no way to take you out

I'm never going to not love you
You're the happiness in my life
And when I crash and burn
You get me back on my two feet
There isn't anyone who can compete
'Cause when you show me all you have
It reassures me
I'm never going to not love you

If everything was imaginary
You would be the only real deal
If everything turned unlucky
You would find the last four-leaf clover
'Cause you are the only thing in my universe
Without you I'd have nothing to revolve around
You're the star of my eyes

You put yourself in my heart
There is no way to take you out

I'm never going to not love you
You're the happiness in my life
And when I crash and burn
You get me back on my two feet
There isn't anyone who can compete
'Cause when you show me all you have
It reassures me
I'm never going to not love you

You're beyond my wildest dreams
You're everything I need it seems
So don't ever worry about me letting go
'Cause you're in my heart forever
I love you

I'm never going to not love you
You're the happiness in my life
And when I crash and burn
You get me back on my two feet
There isn't anyone who can compete
'Cause when you show me all you have
It reassures me
I'm never going to not love you

I'm never going to not love you


JC sang out the last note and strummed the last chord with a smile. It was only the second time he'd sung through the whole song only with his guitar and he was pretty pleased with himself.

"Daddy, that so good!!! Mommy will wike it!" Sami exclaimed with a smile that took up her whole face.

"Aw, thanks baby. I think mommy will like it too. Once I get it recorded and add more instruments to it will be even better. I'll play it for her when our anniversary comes up in a few months. But keep it a secret."

"I not tell." Sami said.

"Good girl. Now that daddy has given you a mini-concert why don't we go back upstairs.

"Noooo."

"Yessss."

"Noooo." Sami said again and then the sound of JC's cell phone was heard.

"Wait a sec. Let me answer this, sweetie." JC said and flipped his phone open.

"Hello." JC said.

"What up man? It's Dallas."

"Hey man, so we getting in the studio soon?" JC asked anxious and excited.

"Totally! I'm so pumped up to work with you, Shazam! I also got some friends who are also producers that you got to meet. You said you wanted some new stuff and to work with some new people, so here's your chance."

"Sweet! So when can I get in the studio with you and meet the other producers?"

"I'm not sure if you're going to like it and all since it's so soon....." JC sighed.

"Just tell me, man. If it's tomorrow in LA , I can handle it."

"Jace , man, I'm sorry , but you'll have to leave tomorrow."

"And go where?"

"London." JC froze for a second.

"Did you just say London?" Dallas softly chuckled

"Yeah, I said London. I'm sorry , but like I got a kick ass studio booked and some of the hottest producers I know are in London right now. It really can't wait. You got to catch a flight tomorrow." JC sighed.

"I understand. Um, how long you got the studio for?"

"I have it booked for a a whole week. I figure if we use up two days writing and getting instrumentation down and then on day three or four you can record. Plus, with other producers to meet I don't know how exactly every minute is going to get used."

"So are you saying I should come to London for a week?"

"Yeah, dude. We're going to be hitting that studio hard!" JC smiled and was happy to hear the enthusiasm Dallas had.

"Well, then I'll take a flight tomorrow. Oh and I actually was going to do some collaborating with Justin. He might actually be heading there since he's doing a lot of European promo stuff. Think I could get him in some of our sessions too?"

"Well if he'll be in London as well, I don't see why not. You got a whole week to lay down some music. If you have to you'll just finish some stuff back in the States."

"Okay, thanks a lot, Dallas. I'll check with Justin."

"Cool. We'll I need to roll, man. But um Jive has already got your ticket ready for you, since I just talked with them. So you'll be leaving from LAX tomorrow morning on United Airlines Flight #934. The flight leaves at 12:24P.M. , so I think a limo should be at your house just before 10 o'clock."

JC jotted the info down on a scrap paper laying on his coffee table in the studio.

"Okay, sounds good. I just wish I had had more notice." JC said.

"I know, but it's the music business." Dallas and JC chuckled at that one together.

"Don't remind me. So then I'll see you tomorrow night in London.

"Yeah, dude. Later C."

"Okay, later D."

JC then ended the call and looked at Sami, who had been waiting patiently for him to get of the phone.

"Well sweetheart, we need to go upstairs. Daddy has now suddenly gotten plans and needs to waste no more time down here. Plus there should be some cookies upstairs." JC said sweetly and smiled at her.

"Okay, I guess we go eat cookie."

JC picked her up off of his chair and they went upstairs to the kitchen.


When JC opened the kitchen door, he grinned seeing Kelsey at the table feeding bits of fresh cookie to Scout. Scout was sitting in her highchair and flailing her arms happily. JC set Sami down on her feet and walked over to sneak up from behind Kelsey.

"Hey,you." he said putting his arms around her from behind and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey, sweetie. You had a good time downstairs?" she asked turning around and pecking his lips.

"Yeah, Sami and I enjoyed ourselves. Right, Sami?"

"Yessss!" she agreed adamantly. "Daddy got call too." she added.

"So someone called you when you were down there?" Kelsey asked.

"I was going to tell you in a little bit."

"Something important?"

"Yes, pretty important."

"Okay, well then when we put the girls down for a nap in a few minutes, you can tell me."

"Okay." Kelsey then smiled and put the platter of fresh cookies in front of JC and then Sami.

"What some cookies?" JC chuckled as he got a better look at Scout as he grabbed a cookie.

"Looks, like Scout is a cookie monster. She's got chocolate smeared on her cheek." Kelsey laughed and then pulled JC's arm to bring him closer to her. She brought her mouth to his ear and then whispered.

"Well, if you had chocolate on your face, I'd lick it off." JC blushed and then whispered back to her.

"You're so naughty, Sugar Pie. The things I want to do to you now. You drive me crazy." Kelsey smiled and blushed as well.

"I'm glad we're on the same page. Except, we shouldn't be talking like this with the girls right here." JC chuckled.

"I know. So later tonight maybe we can start this conversation again." Kelsey winked at him.

"Sure thing, babe."

"Mommy, what you say to daddy? You whisper, no fair." Sami said.

"Sweetheart, it's nothing concerning you. Daddy and I were speaking of grown up things." Kelsey answered and JC grinned.

"Okay, so it naptime now?"

"Yeah, it is. I'll go take you upstairs. Daddy will clean off Scout and then set her in her crib." Kelsey said as she stood up and put the platter of cookies on the island in the middle of the kitchen.

"Okay, let go."

Kelsey took Sami's hand and walked out of the kitchen to settle Sami in for a nap.

JC grinned and picked Scout up from her highchair. He balanced her on his hip and grabbed the washcloth. He wiped off her face good and then kissed her forehead.

"Come on, baby. La la Land is calling you for a nap." He cooed and then went on his way to Scout's nursery.



After putting the girls in their rooms for naps, Kelsey and JC met one another in the hallway.

"Come on, let's go to our room so I can tell you what's up." JC said taking her hand and leading her to their master bedroom.

Kelsey leaped up onto their bed and JC got up and layed right next to her. Kelsey put her arm over his chest and rested her head on his shoulder. JC wrapped his arm behind her and they were content being close to one another.

"Sweetie, what was your phone call about?" Kelsey asked softly.

"It was Dallas and he got me studio time." JC answered knowing that was only the half of it.

"Ok, that's good. So then is there a catch? I kind of feel there is a catch coming."

"Unfortunately, there is. I have to leave tomorrow. I have a flight at 12:24 in the afternoon and the limo should be here 10ish." Kelsey sighed and turned her head to look up into his soulful blue eyes.

"Well that's short notice. But, you're traveling far, aren't you? Just tell me, Josh." JC looked at her chocolate eyes and knew they were already becoming melancholy from the news he was sharing.

"I'm sorry, Sugar Pie, but I'm going to London tomorrow. I'm also going to be there for a week."

Kelsey looked in his eyes and read the honesty in them. Yes, he really was leaving tomorrow morning for a week.

"Ooohh Josh." she whined.

"I know, it's not going to be the best week and I'll miss you and the girls. It'll be okay though."

"I know, I know. I just didn't expect you to do this out of the blue. As much as I don't want to send you off to London or anywhere for that matter, I know music is what's in your heart and I could never deprive you of your happiness." JC met his lips to hers and kissed her.

"Mmmmm. Thanks, baby. That means a lot."

"Well I love you, Josh."

"I love you too, Kelsey."

"But damn you! London for a week! Uuuggghh!!" she yelled in a joking manner.

JC smiled. "Yeah, I know. It's a pity. But, Big Daddy has got to keep the dough rolling in cause you Miss Priss haven't gotten your fashion line even near to clothing stores."

Kelsey punched him playfully. " You know I could just leave you. There's plenty more popstars out there whose last album cashed in more dough then yours."

JC put his hand over his heart. "Ouch, you really know how to strike a man's heart. First you tell me you would leave me for another popstar and then you have to bring up how bad Schizophrenic did."

"Aww, sweetie, I only kid. You were joking with me."

"I know, Kels. I know you mean no harm. Why would you ever want to leave this?" JC asked as he moved an arm from head to toe to point out his goods.

"I wouldn't. I wouldn't. You're the best popstar out there, but some people just don't know it yet." she said and then kissed him. JC kissed her back and grinned as their lips parted.

"Well you're one talented designer, but some people just don't know it yet." Kelsey chuckled.

"Thanks, babe. So then I guess you need to write a kick ass album and I need to design some kick ass clothing and we're set to dominate the music and fashion industry." JC chuckled.

"Oh yes! JC and Kelsey, the super couple of the world."

"Well even if that doesn't happen, I think we're super regardless." JC smiled.

"Me too. We're super." Then they kissed again.

"So, do I need to pack your suitcase for you?" Kelsey asked realizing silly time was over and serious time was here. JC was leaving and she wanted to make sure he was prepared.

"Well ,we could pack it together. Make it a little more fun."JC answered.

"You and your dirty mind." she said and tossed her arms in the air.

"I can't help it if you're irresistible."

"Oohh really now. I find you iresistible too."

"Well then we can do something about it." Kelsey chuckled.

"You're too cute, when you try to get seductive." JC grinned.

"Is it working? 'Cause I could get any other girl if my seduction isn't happening for ya."

Kelsey shut him up and devoured his lips with her own. Then she put her hands in to his hair to grip tight. JC had his hands sneak up her shirt and touch her stomach. Then he moved the shirt up and Kelsey helped him discard it. As soon as the shirt came off, so did her bra.

Kelsey smiled and then put her hand on JC's shirt and pushed it up and off of him. She grinned even wider as she felt his taut abs with her hands.

"You're pure yumminess." Kelsey said and kissed him again harder.

"Well, so are you." he said breathlessly and found her lips again.

Kelsey put a hand down to the zipper of his jeans and pulled the zipper open. Then she felt JC's arms help shimmy of his jeans. She knew he was eager. As was she. JC shimmied her skirt off and then dipped his fingers past the waistband of her panties. JC's jeans were completely off now and she started playing with the waistband of his boxers.

"Mmmm, baby. I want you so much." JC said breathlessly as he pulled her panties off. She blushed and realized now all she had to do was get his boxers off.

"I want you too, you sexy popstar. You need to please me before leaving for crossing the other side of the pond for a week."

"I'm sorry, baby. I don't know what I was thinking when I said I'd leave you for a week. Making love with you is better than being locked up in the studio with Dallas."

"I would sure hope so!"

"Definitely."

"Well let's stop talking. I want to make you scream." Kelsey said discarding his boxers so they were both now naked and then forcefully crashing into his lips.

JC rolled over so he was on top of her and then looked down at her. "I want to make you scream too. I love you."

"Mmmm. Love you too."

JC and Kelsey then let the fire that burned between them take charge and made steamy love before either of their daughters woke up.


JC and Kelsey redressed themselves and smiled at one another as they stood in their bathroom.

"I like getting frisky in bed with you." JC said.

"Well, I do too. Aren't we both lucky then." Kelsey said and JC wrapped her in his embrace.

"We sure are. We sure are, Sugar Pie." he said and placed a kiss to her forehead.

Kelsey pulled away from him and looked at herself in the mirror.

"Do I look fine? My hair in order?" she asked.

"Babe, I seriously don't think the girls would be able to tell what just happened. I think ou have nothing to worry about."

Kelsey giggled as she saw a chunk of his hair sticking up.
"Well as for you, I think you could gel that down." she said pointing it out to him in the mirror.

JC chuckled and grabbed some gel out to flatten down his hair.

"Now is that better?" he asked.

"Much. So let's go check in on the girls."

"Yeah." JC said and they held hands leaving their room.


Later that evening, JC and Kelsey brought the two girls into the family room. They needed to let them know that JC was going to leave tomorrow. JC had Scout in his lap and Kelsey had Sami on hers. The four of them were on the couch.

"Why we here?" Sami asked.

"Daddy has some news." Kelsey answered.

"What news, daddy?" Sami asked looking at JC curiously.

"Well sweetheart, I have to leave tomorrow for a week."he answered.

"Me go with!!" Kelsey and JC both frowned.

"No, baby, you aren't going with. You're staying home with mommy and sissy."

"But, daddy! I go with!"

"Sami, you can't go with me. I'm sorry. Daddy is going to London for a whole week. I know it isn't nice, but you have to stay here and be a good girl for mommy."

Sami looked up at her mother. " Daddy is right. He has to work hard and leave us for a little bit, but you, me , and Scout will stay here and we'll try to have some fun." Kelsey said sweetly.

"Me not want daddy leave." Sami said and then broke down in tears.

"Aw, honey. I'll leave tomorrow and come back in seven days. I'll call you every night and I can even sing you to sleep over the phone too." JC said.

Kelsey hugged Sami tight and tried wiping her tears. "Don't cry , baby."

"No leave, daddy." Sami said frustrated and still in tears.

JC felt so bad and almost wanted to call it off, but he couldn't. Sami was just going to have to deal with it.

"I wish I didn't have to leave you either, baby. Yet, it's part of daddy's job." JC said feeling his heart ache.

"I know we're going to miss daddy, but you and Scout can make it through the week without him. And like he said, he'll call you every night and sing you to sleep." Kelsey said trying to calm Sami down and not see her sad.

"Okay, I guess it be okay. Dadd go, but daddy come back."

"Yes, I'll come back. I won't abandon you, silly. I love you so much, Sami." JC said.

"Wuv you too, daddy."

"Good and I also love you Kelsey and you, Scout." JC said and placed a kiss on Scout's head.

"We love you too." Kelsey said smiling. JC smiled and then his smile dropped.

"You think Scout, will be okay? I mean she wasn't born yet when I recorded and toured for Schizophrenic. She doesn't have any experience being without me."

"Well Sami was only one when you did your club tour. She did alright. I'm sure it'll be okay. We'll make it thorugh the week, all of us." Kelsey said.

"Okay, I hope so." JC said and pulled all of his girls closer to him for a great big family hug.


After putting the girls to sleep, JC and Kelsey went to their room and then went to work on JC's suitcase. Kelsey pulled out some clean shirts for him and also packed some pants. She tossed in fresh underwear and socks as well. JC watched what she put in the suitcase and was pleased.

"You're a good packer. I'm lucky to have such an efficient packer as my wife."

"Haha, it's just you're such a bad packer that you make me look like an awesome one." Kelsey teased.

"You're a riot. What else do I need?" JC asked resting his head on to her shoulder.

"I think I got your clothes done. If you want to grab your toothbrush and toothpaste that would be good. Also, a razor and shaving cream if you want to be clean cut while your in London."

"Okay, I'll grab that stuff and whatever else I might want from the bathroom." JC said and stepped to their connecting bathroom.

Kelsey packed a few pairs of shoes for him and then took the toiletries he brought and packed them for him.

"So do you think that's all now?" JC asked wanting to get to bed.

"You'll need to make sure you have your passport as well. I'll just slip it into this side pocket and then tomorrow at the airport you can find it without freaking out." Kelsey explained pointing out the pocket on the side of the suitcase.

"Okay, that sounds good." JC said and grabbed his passport from out of his nightstand and handed it to her.

"I think you're good. All major things are packed. So unless you think of anything else you want, you don't need to worry." Kelsey said and kissed him.

"Mmm. Thanks for helping me, Kels. How I wish I could pack you."

"Me too, but it sadly isn't possible."

"Damn, because I find you to be one of the essentials." Kelsey grinned.

"Aw, you're a smooth talker."

"I only speak the truth." JC said.

"So do I when I say I love you, Josh."

"I love you, Kelsey." They shared a French kiss and then JC yawned when it ended.

"Looks, like you need to sleep. You have to be ready tomorrow morning to go. Plus, you need to say your goodbyes to the girls too."

"Yeah, yeah." JC said and surprised Kelsey as he swept her off her feet literally and picked her up. Then he got on to the bed and layed her down gently.

"You do realize you're sleeping alone for a week,right?" Kelsey asked.

"Maybe I won't have you to hold in my arms, but I'll have you and the girls right here." JC said as he put his hand over his heart.

Kelsey found it to be another one of those moments when she wondered if she married the sweetest guy on earth.

"With that answer, I love you even more." Kelsey said. JC smiled and gave her a soft, sensual kiss on the lips.

"I love you too and well I'm very tired. So let's enjoy the hours we have left before I leave because London is calling for me."

"Yes, my dear. When you get to London, you'll have to tell her you're mine and she can't win." Kelsey said.

"You're being silly, Kels. London is a place and please don't personify it. I'll be back before you know it. It's only you I want to have a mad love affair with."

"Okay, okay. I won't be silly or keep you up any longer. We'll get to kiss goodbye in the morning. So slide under the covers and then wrap your arms around me and say you love me."

"Well aren't you demanding." JC said smiling and slid under the bed covers. Kelsey did as well.

Then when they were settled in, JC put his arms around her and then kissed the back of her neck. Then he whispered,

"Goodnight Kelsey, I love you."

"Goodnight Josh , love you too." she said softly and then they found sleep together.




*Note* - In this chapter the lyrics used were actually lyrics I wrote myself practically 3 years ago. It's also entitled "I'm Never Going To Not Love You". Just wanted to let you know so there wasn't any confusion.




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki