Blind Sight by ssfoxx


Number of reviews: 11
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


JC Chasez woke up without a clue to where he was.  Last thing he’d remembered, he was curled up in bed, about to get a restful nights sleep.  He was in a bed now, but it sure wasn’t his.  His bed was far more comfortable.  He’d never wake up this stiff in that bed.

            “Jace man, ya in there?”  Joey.  “Man, it’s been three weeks.  You’re really starting to worry me.”  He sounded kind of morose.

            ‘3 weeks?’  JC thought.  ‘3 weeks since what? I haven’t seen Joey in…’  He tried to open his mouth to say something to his friend, but nothing came out.  Hardly even a yawn.

            “JC, you gotta pull through dude.  Nobody wants to lose you.”

            Was he in a hospital?  Oh God no.  He hated hospitals.  Nothing but memories he wished to forget there, not to mention the needles.

            He moved his fingers a little.  Only in his right arm- his left appeared to be bandaged.  Hopefully Joey would see it.

            “Hey…HEY!  You are in there!  Oh I knew it man!”  JC heard him dash out of the room.  Maybe to get a doctor.

            “Joshua, honey…”  Mom.  He should’ve figured.  “Are you ok?  Honey can you talk?”

            ‘No mom, I can’t.’  He moved his fingers more.  It appeared he could move his wrist as well. 

            “Oh Roy, he’s alive!”  JC wished someone would tell him what was going on.  It was obvious he was hurt.  And obvious his parents had been worried sick about him.

            Some moments later, someone else came in the room.  This time it was a doctor.  JC was still moving his fingers around, as if trying to free them from something.

            “Well it looks like your boy made it through,” the doctor said.  “We’ll see the extent of the brain damage when he decides to speak to us.”

            Brain damage?  What in the hell had happened to him?

            “I hope he’s ok honey.  I can’t imagine if he wasn’t the same as he was.  It’d be like losing him just the same.”

  

            Over the next few days JC was able to move a little more, feel a little more of his body.  His arm was apparently in a cast, that didn’t seem to bother him much.  He’d suffered broken bones before.  He hadn’t tried speaking yet, though he had the feeling that he could probably squeak out a few words.  Still, he couldn’t seem to open his eyes.  Perhaps there was a bandage around them.  After all, he had hurt his head, according to the doctor.

            His mom was here again.  His parents were there every day.  Talking to him as always, willing him to speak.  Today he would.

            “Mom,”  he whined.

            “Josh!”

            “Mommm.”  It was the only word he seemed to be able to get out.  It was enough for now.  She held him close.  It felt good to be held as he layed there, too weak to move.  Comfort was just what he needed.

 

            Once they learned JC was able to speak, everyone came rushing in to see him.  Family, friends, Nsync members.  JC recognized all their voices; he just wished he was able to see them.  He enjoyed the company from all his friends, but frankly it was making him exhausted.  It’d been nearly two weeks now and he still didn’t know what he was doing there.

            Thankfully, this afternoon it was just his parents again.  Nothing seemed to soothe him now like mom.  He thought maybe now might be a good time to ask.

            “Hey mom,” JC said.  “Why am I here?”  He had to know.

            “Oh honey,”  his mom cooed, “you were in a terrible car accident.  You’ve been in the hospital over a month now.  You’re so lucky you made it.”

            Car accident.  He didn’t recall driving.  Or any accident for that matter.  It seemed to make sense though.

            “Mom?”

            “Yea honey?”

            “When are they going to take the bandages off my eyes?”

            JC’s mom swallowed.  “Honey, you don’t have bandages on your eyes.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki