Blind Sight by ssfoxx


Number of reviews: 11
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“What do you mean there aren’t any bandages on my eyes?  Then why can’t I see?”  JC was starting to get panicked.

            “I…..I don’t know honey.  We’ll call a doctor in here in just a second.”

           

            The doctor was back in his room again.  JC wasn’t quite sure what he was doing, but he hoped that someone would figure out what was wrong.

            “Mr. Chasez, please tell me what you see,” the doctor said.

            “Nothing,” JC replied.

            “K…do you see this?”

            JC wasn’t sure what the doctor was referring to, but he was sure that all he saw was darkness.  “No.”

            A few seconds.  “Anything?”

            “No,” JC grumbled.  ‘I can’t see anything dammit.  Just do something already’

            “Mr. Chasez, will you consent to an MRI?  We’d like to figure out what the problem seems to be.”

             So would he.  “Yea, ok, sure,” he replied, albeit half-heartedly.  He hated to think that something was wrong with his brain.  He had sustained a head injury in the car crash, but the rest of him seemed to be working just fine.

 

            JC was glad for a moment that he wasn’t able to see.  He’d never seen an MRI machine before, and he didn’t much want to either.  He was sure he would have freaked out if he had to watch.  At least the tests weren’t as awful as waiting for the results.  He’d had trouble sleeping the past night, too anxious to find out what was going on.

 

            The doctor finally made his way into the room that afternoon.  JC wasn’t sure what time it was, since he couldn’t see a clock, but it hadn’t been that long since lunch.  Not that he was able to eat much.

 

            “Joshua.”  God, this wasn’t good.  His voice was drawn out and slightly pained.  That usually meant that whatever followed was not going to be pleasant.

            “We got the results back from your MRI.  Most of your brain appears to be just fine.  However there appears to be a bit of damage in the…well, in the lower back portion of your brain.”

            Brain damage?

            “Basically, Mr. Chasez, we believe this to be the cause of what you’re experiencing now.”

            Pause.

            “Joshua, I’m afraid you’ve gone blind.”

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki