Welcome To My Life (Sequel to Stronger Together With You) by Leeann


Number of reviews: 33
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Shelby slowly woke up and looked around her feeling a momentary bit of confusion. She felt heat emitting from her back, she realized that a pair of strong masculine arms were wrapped around her, holding her close. She closed her eyes tightly and opened them only to find that it wasn’t a dream. She really was in Justin’s arms and the night before really did happen.

It’s not that she didn’t want it to happen, because she did, but she didn’t want Justin to start being nice again when she knew that it would only take a small phrase to set him off again. She tried to pull away, but a low rumbling from behind her prohibited her from doing so.

“Go back to sleep.” Justin mumbled sleepily.

“But—,”

“No talking, just sleep.” Justin said tightening his arm around her bringing her back closer to his chest. “Relax.”

Shelby felt the tension leave her body as she all but melted in his arms. It felt so right to be with him in this moment. Like nothing had ever changed. Like they were still together, nothing had separated them to begin with. She might regret it in the morning, but for now Shelby closed her eyes and let sleep over take her body.

When they did wake for the day, they slowly got ready. They knew that once the day started that they would soon be enemies again. Justin lent Shelby a pair of shorts and a t-shirt because she didn’t have her bag with her. He had to admit—she looked pretty damn good in his clothes.

“You want to go get something to eat?” Justin asked breaking the silence.

“Sure.” Shelby nodded not wanting their time together to end.

“Let’s go, I’m starving. We kind of need to talk anyway.” Justin said holding the door open for her.

“Thanks.” Shelby said feeling nervous about their talk.

He led her to an open table at the hotels restaurant in a secluded area. It was something they needed for not only privacy, but also for his celebrity status. The waitress came and took their drink orders and they sat in silence wondering where to begin.

“What happened last night?” Justin asked surprising Shelby with the content of his question. She had thought for sure they were going to rehash the past again. She felt herself relax even though this really wasn’t something she wanted to talk about although it was better than what she thought it was going to be.

“I’m not really sure where to begin. I was feeling really numb as if the weight of the world was on my shoulders and it was all pressing down on me. I don’t know where that razor blade came from I just looked down and there it was. It was like a beacon calling to me. It’s like I couldn’t see anything but that blade and I knew I needed help and you were the only person who I could think to turn to at the time. I’m sorry if I put you out in any way.” Shelby answered toying with the condensation on her glass and avoided his eyes.

“You didn’t put me out, Shelby, I’m just glad I could be there for you when you needed me. I know we haven’t been getting a long lately, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to help you. If anything like this ever happens again, I want you to come to me. I don’t want to see you go through what you used to when you were really depressed and cutting.” Justin said with sincerity in his eyes.

“Thank you Justin, that means a lot.” Shelby said suddenly feeling shy.

“Don’t even thank me,” Justin answered shaking his head.

Shelby just nodded then gave the waitress her order that had been waiting for them for a few moments. Justin followed suit and they both sat again in silence, just enjoying each other’s presence.

“I was wondering why you guys don’t have a record deal.” Justin said changing the subject. “You guys are really good.”

“We sent out demos to several record companies, but nobody ever responded.” Shelby answered with a shrug of her shoulders.

“You know that some record people will be at tonight’s show?” Justin asked taking a drink of his orange juice.

“Yeah, we heard.” Shelby nodded.

“Maybe tonight’s the night.” Justin said grinning in a way that made her heart melt.

“We can only hope so.” Ryan said walking over. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude, I just overheard what y’all were talking about.”

“It’s okay.” Shelby said smiling at him.

“Yeah man, you can join us if you want.” Justin invited.

“Sure, the others are upstairs getting ready. I told them to get up earlier, but they wouldn’t listen to me. So is it JIVE that’s going to be at the show tonight? Do you think we have a chance?” Ryan asked sitting down in the chair next to Shelby.

“JIVE and I think a few others. I don’t know if you’re really JIVE material, but they’ve taken weirder acts. Just perform to the best of your ability and you won’t have a problem.” Justin answered.

“Thanks man, appreciate it.” Ryan nodded. “Where are the terrors?” he asked turning to Shelby.

“They’ll be with Lois for a while.” Shelby answered quietly.

“Lucky her.” Ryan smiled knowing she was enjoying every minute of it.

“Yeah, she surprised us all by showing up like she did. I do enjoy the break though.” Shelby smiled.

As if they knew they were the subject of their discussion the girls showed up with Lois as a commotion filled the restaurant. Danielle was laughing at something Lois said and when she spotted Shelby she started running full speed.

“Mama!” she exclaimed jumping into her mothers arms.

“Hey baby, how are you?” Shelby said breathing her in, wrapping her arms tightly around the small child.

“Good. We getting ‘cakes.” Danielle said sitting in her lap.

“Pancakes are yummy.” Shelby smiled at her young daughter. “Are you getting pancakes too?” she asked turning to Gracie.

“No, I’m getting cereal.” She replied shyly.

“I love cereal. I used to live on the stuff.” Justin said smiling at her.

“My mother used to eat it with me.” Gracie answered as her eyes filled up with tears.

“Really? That must be a really special memory for you. My momma used to eat cereal with me too.” Justin said putting his arm around the youngster.

Shelby shot a grateful look at Justin who in return smiled tenderly and winked at her. The moment quickly ending as JC showed up.

“Is this where the parties at?” he asked sitting down next to Justin.

“Apparently.” Lois answered.

“We’re such trendsetters.” Shelby told Justin.

“We sure are.” Justin nodded.

“You guys were in here without killing each other?” JC asked looking between the two of them.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Shelby asked getting defensive. This was not the time or place to be talking about such things.

“Nothing.” JC said backing off.

“Okay.” Shelby nodded.

Lois looked around at the young people she’d been blessed with getting to know the past few days, months, and years and smiled. She couldn’t be more blessed to have such a wonderful family. She’d considered Shelby family ever since the young woman asked if she could call her grandma.

“Shelby, we’re going to stop here for gas before we get into the city.” Lois spoke over the radio.

“Ok this is really cool. I’ve never been to a city this big.” Shelby giggled staring at all the sky-scrapers towering over the city in a distance.

“Chicago, here I come.” Shelby told herself pulling into the gas station.

“Hey Shelby, feels good to stand doesn’t it.” Lois came over between gas pumps.

“Oh, you bet. My legs were killing me.” Shelby answered jumping up and down.

“That looks wonderful; my legs are too old to start jumping up and down.” Lois sighed.

“Ach, Lois you’re not old at all.” Shelby reassured her.

“If you call 75 not old.” Lois smiled.

“See you’re still a ripe young bird.” Shelby linked arms with her and walked into the station.

“So did you tell her?” Robert asked Lois.

“No, I never got a chance to.” Lois answered.

Shelby looked between the two of them and had a feeling something was up. “Tell me what?” she asked.

“Well, sweetie, the thing is we have no grandchildren of our own, nobody to celebrate things with, such as graduation.” Lois explained unsure of how to present their proposition.

“What Lois is trying to say is that we want to take you shopping for some things for your apartment as a graduation gift.” Robert smiled putting an arm around his wife.

Shelby just stood there for several moments not saying a word. Here in front of her were two generously kind people that had taken her under their wing and made her feel special—something that never happened.

Tears glistened as she smiled and drew a shaky breath, “You want to do that for me?”

Robert and Lois both engulfed Shelby in their arms for a three way hug.

“Of course we do Shelby we’ve always wanted a granddaughter like you. Please let us do this.”

Shelby pulled back to look at Lois. “This is the sweetest thing anyone has done for me. I’d be honored, but on one condition.”

Robert glanced at his wife who couldn’t be more happy, “What’s that dear?”

“You let me call you grandma and grandpa.”

Shelby watched tears form in Lois’s eyes as she put her hands to her mouth.

“Oh you’ve made me the happiest old lady around.” Lois choked hugging Shelby tightly.

"Earth to Lois." Ryan said interupting her thoughts.

"I'm sorry?" she said turning her head.

"It's your turn to order."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Lois said then turned to the waitress and ordered her food.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly as the band got ready for that evenings show. Broken Angel got in a bit more practice time than they normally would have to prepare. When it came time for the show later that night they were all more than ready to play. And play they did, they played the best they'd ever done. They brought the crow do the height of the show with their last song and everyone was pumped for JC who was next up. When Broken Angel left the stage they gathered in their dressing room to celebrate.

"That was AMAZING!" Jason exclaimed.

"It was." Ryan nodded.

"That was probably one of our best shows ever." Shelby agreed.

They all sat around talking for the remainder of the show when they heard a knock on the door. Shelby went to get it and found JC, Justin, and some other guy in a suit standing there. She ushered them in and shut the door behind them and went to stand by Ryan.

"Hey guys this is David Lopez, he's a represntative for JIVE Records, he was really impressed with your show and wants to talk to you." JC said introducing them all.

"Let's get straight to business. I was really impressed with your show tonight and I think you have the sound that JIVE is looking for. I think the girl should be the lead singer. You have great stage presence and the crowd responded very well to you. That is my only concern is that you should be the lead singer." David said looking at Shelby.

"Sorry, but I won't do the lead. We share lead vocals. There are a lot of songs we have that require a male voice and some that require female. There's no way that I'm going to do that." Shelby said shaking her head, ignoring the gestures she was getting from the boys.

"Yes, I can understand that. Tell you what, as long as you can prove to me that you can do it your way successfully that'll be fine. If it doesn't work we'll do it my way. If this deal is done then it's going to be a very busy year for you guys. This tour has confirmed dates overseas into early next year you'll be spending every spare moment you have in the studio. Your demo is very well done so a lot of those songs can be remastered without having to rerecord which will save us a lot of time. I've gotta go, but we'll be in touch. Thanks again." David shook all of their hands again then left.

"Excuse me sir," Shelby called out getting his attention.

"Yes?" he asked turning around.

"I have two children, is that going to be a problem?" Shelby asked.

"Only if you let it become one." he said then walked out.

"Wow, congratulations guys. I knew you could do it." JC said hugging all of them.

"This is awesome. I had allowed myself a little hope that we'd get it, but I didn't want to be disappointed if we were turned down like the last times." Ryan said inhaling deeply. All of his dreams were coming true.

"This is amazing, so overwhelming." Shelby said realizing how much more hectic her life was about to become.

"You can do it babe." JC said wrapping his arms around her.

"Thanks. Oh I should probably call Brad." Shelby said pulling away from him.

Justin watched her take out her phone and dial Brad's number. She'd changed so much since he last saw her all those years ago. She'd stood up to one of the highest ranking people at JIVE Records and hadn't batted an eye. She knew what she wanted and she wasn't afraid to voice her opinions to get what she wanted. He sighed and turned his attention elsewhere--the more he thought about it the more he was sure she really didn't hurt him.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki