Welcome To My Life (Sequel to Stronger Together With You) by Leeann


Number of reviews: 33
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


October 18, 2006
A week later

Things were starting to get hectic for Shelby as she continued to learn a new instrument, have shows every night and had two daughters to raise. It was through sheer stamina and will that she kept on going. The girls really did need a nanny to make things easier, but Shelby was against that at every step. She wanted to be the one to raise Danielle, not some stranger that didn't know anything about her.

She was overwhelmed with a lot of things, but she didn't have time to sort through them and figure out her feelings. Everything was just piling up at once and it was starting to take its toll. Brad wasn't making things easier considering they'd had their first fight and she'd come down with a flu bug. There had to be something she could do to ease the stress in her life. To end things with Brad seemed like an easy way out. She was still pissed at him for what he'd said about their record deal.

*Flashback*

"Hello?"

"Brad guess what?" Shelby asked sitting down on a crate backstage.

"What's that babe?"

"We got a record deal." Shelby answered excited.

"What? When?" Brad questioned not exactly what Shelby was expecting.

"Tonight, there were people from JIVE in the audience checking out the show and they wanted to sign us. Isn't that awesome."

"What did you tell them?"

"I told them yes of course, what's with you Brad? I thought you'd be happy for us." Shelby asked not feeling good about the direction of this conversation.

"You should have talked to me first."

"EXCUSE me?" Shelby asked emphasizing the first word.

"You heard me. Something as big as this should have been discussed with me first."

"Well I'm sorry you feel that way, but that's not the way I see it. We've been dating less than a month Brad. We're not married. If we ever do get married I don't have to check with you for anything until then." Shelby hung up the phone and screamed loudly.

*end flashback*

It made no sense. Why would Brad want her to report everything she did? She wouldn't even have asked Justin for his thoughts. Although with Justin he would have encouraged her no matter what she did. Everyone was always encouraging her to breakup with Brad, but she really didn't like confrontation and she figured it would eventually get better--after he got the stick out of his ass.

Today they were in Edmonton with a tightly packed schedule. Tomorrow they'd be driving all day to Las Vegas where they'd be for two days and then on too LA for a week. The band only had one day off out of the whole trip, one day in Vegas, other then that their schedule was packed. In LA they'd be laying down tracks for their first single to get it out there while they were on tour.

So far the tour was doing well for exposing BA. They were getting quite a following, everywhere they went more people liked them. It was above everyone's expectations considering they weren't the same sound as JC and Justin, but that was the point when they were first selected to go on tour. To give the listeners several different types of music because even the two headliners didn't sound very similar any more.

"Penny for your thoughts." Justin said sitting in the chair opposite Shelby.

"They're not worth that much." Shelby answered focusing her attention to the man in front of her.

"Everything okay?" Justin asked. They weren't exactly friends, but they didn't hate each other any more either. Ever since the night he took care of her, Justin had been civilized and had thrown no old accusations at her. Shelby was still afraid that one day she would wake up and everything would be back to I hate you die.

"Yeah, just thinking." Shelby smiled slightly.

"Knew I smelled something burning." Justin smiled in return trying some humor.

"Thank you Justin." Shelby chuckled weakly trying to humor him.

"Where are the terrors?" Justin asked.

"Ryan took them to eat." she answered.

"You weren't hungry?"

"Nope, I haven't been hungry much since I was sick." Shelby shrugged.

"Well you have to eat to keep up your strength." Justin reminded her.

"Yeah."

"Well I gotta go meet up with Jace, will you be okay?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Shelby smiled.

"Well you can come with me if you want." Justin suggested.

"What are you going to do?"

"We're just gonna go jam in his room."

"Sure. I need to get out of my thoughts." Shelby nodded.

"Sweet, let's go then." Justin said holding out his hand to help her up.

Shelby looked at his outstretched hand for a moment and questioned in her mind. Dare she take his hand knowing what lie in store. She knew the butterflies would come, the hopefulness that things had changed. The hopefulness that one day she would once again feel his mouth upon hers. Let all of that cast aside and for now she took his hand and let him help her up and whispered a word of thanks.

JC looked up when they entered his room and smiled. "Hey man." he said greeting Justin.

"'Sup?"

"Been a while since we did this huh?"

"Yeah."

"You want keys or guitar?" JC asked.

"Guitar." Justin answered picking up the acoustic on the other bed.

"Don't I even get a hello?" Shelby asked making her presence known.

"Shelby, I didn't even see you come in. Come here and give us a sqwudge." JC said holding open his arms.

"What?" Shelby laughed.

The line was from the movie Hook with Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman, and Julia Roberts. JC and the girls had watched it last time he spent time with them. Peter Pan was one of the fairy tales that JC liked, he wasn't big on the princess ones and a lot of them were just lame.

They warmed up to different songs that they knew, staying away from anything Nsync. JC was playing the keyboard and Justin had the guitar while Shelby added her voice here and there and depending on the song, the egg shaker. Their voices all blended very well together it seemed as if the three of them had been singing together for years.

"You amaze me Shelby. You're all of 22 years old but you've done so much. You have two beautiful daughters, you're in a band that just signed a recording contract, your life was hell but you faced it head on and made it into something you can be proud to call your life." JC said.

Shelby shrugged not knowing what to say.

"You have a very beautiful voice. I'm surprised you didn't use it before." JC said after taking a long drink from his water bottle.

"I wasn't exactly the same person that I was before. I've been to hell and back. Because of that I was able to find something I could do to release my frustrations and get it onto paper. When I first found out I was pregnant I had a lot of morning sickness and I had nothing else to do so the guys taught me the basics and I poured my soul into it." Shelby explained.

"Well you deserve everything you get because you worked for it." JC smiled at her.

Justin felt himself slipping into his mind. The same conflicting feelings he'd been having since she came back into his life were back. Deep in his heart he knew she was innocent of anything he'd ever accused her of, but it was getting that information from his heart into his mind that was the hard part. They needed to have a conversation about what happened that didn't end up in yelling and screaming.

"You're a good writer too. Have you written anything lately?" JC asked Shelby interrupting Justin's thoughts.

"Thanks. I actually just finished something the other day when I was sick. I only have the piano part done though." Shelby answered.

"Will you play it?" JC asked.

"You want me to play it?" Shelby asked knowing it would put her feelings on the spot.

"If you would."

"I guess." Shelby nodded. She dug in the bag that she always carried with her and pulled out her lyrical journal. She opened up to the page she was looking for and put it on the stand where she could see it. She began to play the intro and slowly got lost--everything else faded away except her and her craft.

The intro was a good minute and fifteen seconds long, it was a beautifully haunting melody that made its way into your very soul. Watching Shelby get lost in the music both Justin and JC were impressed and she hadn't even started the lyrics yet.

Under your spell again.
I can't say no to you.
Crave my heart and it's bleeding in your hand.
I can't say no to you.

Shouldn't have let you torture me so sweetly.
Now I can't let go of this dream.
I can't breathe but I feel...

Justin had a feeling she was singing the song about him. He shifted on the bed across from her uncomfortably unable to sit still, but unable to tune out what she was singing. She had such a powerful voice it gave him goose bumps just to hear her sing. She was a born performer, there was no doubt about that.

Good enough,
I feel good enough for you.

Drink up sweet decadence.
I can't say no to you,
And I've completely lost myself, and I don't mind.
I can't say no to you.

JC watched the show unfold before his very eyes and smiled softly. Justin was very aware that the song was clearly about him and Shelby was so lost in what she was doing that she didn't notice it. Today they would talk about the past and get it out. They had to do something before one of them cracked. They were both still so very in love with each other that it was sick. He didn't know who Shelby was trying to fool being with Brad and the same went with Justin and Cameron.

Cameron had always been the rebound girl to Shelby, but she was never able to live up to Shelby. None of the guys liked her very much and to be honest she was a bitch and she'd changed Justin. Years ago he'd never have ignored fans and flipped off the paparazzi.

Shouldn't let you conquer me completely.
Now I can't let go of this dream.
Can't believe that I feel...

Good enough,
I feel good enough.
It's been such a long time coming, but I feel good.

Shelby lost in her own world felt the music coming out of her soul. She sang to the best of her ability, her mind taking her back to happier times when it was her and Justin and all was well.

And I'm still waiting for the rain to fall.
Pour real life down on me.
'Cause I can't hold on to anything this good enough.
Am I good enough for you to love me too?

So take care what you ask of me,
'cause I can't say no.

Shelby finished the song and opened her eyes and immediately found Justin's intense stare. She felt it pierce her soul and she didn't like the feeling she got from it. She really would do anything he asked her too.

"That was really good." JC said very impressed at her skills.

"Thanks." Shelby smiled shyly.

"It really was good. You should record that." Justin agreed.

"Oh, I don't know about that. I think we already have a list of songs we're going to record." Shelby shrugged.

"Well you'll have to give it to the others and let them know, it's really good." Justin answered.

"Thanks." Shelby said blushing.

Justin saw her blush and felt his world spin back to an earlier time...

Flashback

Justin opened his eyes and looked down to find Shelby watching him. He softened his gaze and tenderly smiled at her. "Good morning sweetie." he whispered moving his hand to softly caress her cheek.

Shelby couldn't help but lean into his touch as she smiled and answered, "Good morning."

"How long have you been watching me?" he asked.

"About fifteen minutes or so." Shelby replied.

"And who said you could watch me sleep." Justin said accusing her.

"Who said you could move over here. What's wrong with your bed?" Shelby answered with an accusation of her own.

"You looked so cute and cuddley over here all by yourself." Justin smiled.

Shelby didn't know what to say to that, especially after feeling her face grow warm from blushing.

"You look so cute when you blush," Justin laughed. "Oh, there she goes again."

"Stop it." Shelby said turning her face into her pillow.

"You know I'm only teasing Velma, besides you are really cute when you blush." he said kissing her forehead. "Now, lets get up, we have a busy day of fun ahead of us."

"Yes sir," Shelby said feeling dizzy after he'd kissed her forehead.

They got up and showered then went down to have breakfast and wait for the others. Turns out everyone else was dressed already and waiting for them.

"Geez, what took you guys so long, busy night?" Joey said winking.

"Haha." Justin said glaring at his friend.

Shelby just shrugged and sat down to eat her usual breakfast.

"Are you excited Shelby?" Lance asked.

"Yeah," Shelby nodded with a smile on her face.

"I can't wait to go on Splash Mountain." Chris said bouncing his feet up and down.

"Splash Mountain?" Shelby said with interest.

"You've never heard of Splash Mountain? Oh, girl you're going to love it. It's a ride where u are in this log and it takes you through an awesome course through a mountain and then at the end you go down this big huge fall and splash down through water. You get intensely wet, but its seriously a rush." Chris explained.

Shelby looked down at her outfit and back at Chris, "Do I want to get wet in this?"

Today Shelby was wearing a red tank top that said Rebel and a pair of strappy capri type pants. Ones that came up to about the middle of her calf and a pair of red Chucks.

"You'll be fine." Chris assured her.

"Thanks." Shelby smiled.

"What's your favorite Disney Princess?" Lance asked.

"Cinderella. Story of my life, except the whole princess part and I'm still waiting for my Prince to come." Shelby smiled shyly.

"That's okay Shelby, he's out there. He's just waiting for a Princess like you." Lance smiled then glanced at Justin.

"Thanks Lance," Shelby said blushing.

Justin leaned over to her and whispered for her ears only, "You still look cute when you blush."

Shelby didn't say anything she just leaned her head so that she wasn't looking at the others and more towards Justin and turned even more red.

"Justin leave the girl alone, you're embarrassing her." Joey teased.

"What I was only telling her the truth." Justin said looking at Shelby who was trying to hide.

"Stop it," she said to Justin trying to hide behind him.

"Okay, I'll be good," Justin said then kissed her cheek.

It took several minutes for Shelby to gain her composure. Justin had never been so open with her in front of everyone else before and she was beginning to wonder why.

End Flashback

The memory felt so real to Justin that he did the only thing he could think of--he leaned over and kissed her on the cheek and whispered softly in her ear. "You're still cute when you blush."

*Song Good Enough by Evanscence



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki