Welcome To My Life (Sequel to Stronger Together With You) by Leeann


Number of reviews: 33
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Shelby woke up at 7am the next morning and found herself alone. She closed her eyes to the dizziness that was a reminder of last night. Oh god, last night. The second night she'd spent in Justin's arms in the past two weeks. It was really becoming a habit.

Should she tell Brad that Justin had kissed her? Well, maybe not, it's not like it was his fault after all, it was just a dare right? But then there was that second kiss before they went to bed. That definitely wasn't forced. What did it mean though? It was as if nothing had happened between them and they were still together.

She was lost in her thoughts when she heard the door open and Justin walked in with Gracie at his side and Danielle in his arms. The sight of Danielle in her father's arms made Shelby want to cry.

Justin saw a flicker of an unknown emotion flicker in Shelby's eyes and asked her if she was okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine. My head kills, I'm dizzy, and I'm slightly nauseous, but other than that I'm great." Shelby smiled.

The smile on Shelby's face made Justin's stomach fill with liquid heat. He had to stop this growing attraction. Think Cameron. Truth be told, Cameron's face had been fading for weeks, becoming a distant memory.

"You wanna get some food with the others?" Justin asked setting Danielle gently on her feet.

"Sure, I might need some clothes, I'm not putting on the ones I wore yesterday."

"Already ahead of you. I went to your room and got your bag. A few people were passed out in there. I didn't really stick around I just went in and grabbed it."

"Would you mind if I take a shower first? I stinketh."

"Go ahead." Justin nodded.

Shelby dug through her bag and found mostly dirty clothes. She really needed to do laundry. She found a black skirt and dug around and discovered a relatively clean shirt with a Broken Angel logo on it. She grabbed a pair of fishnet hose and a pair of bright yellow plaid knee high socks to match the lettering on the shirt and to give it a little more color. She disappeared into the bathroom with her clothes and towel then closed the door behind her. She softly started to hum an unknown tune as she undressed and stepped into the shower.

Shelby turned on the water as hot as she could stand and let the water wash over her. She washed her hair and started day dreaming when she heard a knock on the door. She froze when she heard Justin's voice.

"Shelby can I come in for a minute?" he asked.

"Go ahead." Shelby said.

Justin poked his head in and heard the shower running. He stepped in and closed the door behind him.

"Everything okay?" Shelby asked hurrying as fast as she could.

"Yeah. Joey stopped by and the girls talked him into taking them with him. I need to brush my teeth." Justin explained taking out his tooth brush.

Shelby turned the water off and grabbed her towel. She wrapped it around her body and stepped out of the shower. She stood next to him in front of the sink and smiled.

"You always did brush your teeth before eating. Makes things taste nasty if you ask me."

"Yes well, my teeth feel gritty if I don't brush them. I hate that feeling." Justin said looking at her in the mirror.

Justin tried to ignore the fact that Shelby stood inches away from him wearing naught but a towel. He watched her in the mirror as she grabbed her underwear and put them on underneath her towel she then put her skirt on and looked up and saw him watching her. She blushed then finished what she was doing.

"Close your eyes." she said.

Shelby made sure Justin did as she asked then turned her back and quickly put on her bra and shirt. She turned around and stepped back up to the sink. She told him he could open his eyes and he looked at her and smiled as if he'd known a secret.

"What?" Shelby asked warily.

"Nothing. There's just something intimate and domesticated about what we're doing here." Justin smiled.

"I guess." Shelby nodded.

Justin watched Shelby grab his deodorant and rub it under her arms then put it back.

"You smell like a guy." Justin laughed.

"So." Shelby said with a shrug. She sat down on the toilet seat to put on her fishnet's and over those she put her knee high yellow plaid socks. "You always liked it when I smelled like you."

Justin walked to the door leading to the main room and pausing he turned around. He looked her straight in the eyes and answered, "Who said I still don't."

Shelby was left in his wake sitting in stunned silence. She was really tempted to go out and ask him about what he'd just said, but she didn't because now was not the time to start something as they both had a significant other and above all she was not a cheater. Next time she did see Brad she was going to end it. Not just because of Justin, but because she was being unfair to him. He deserved to be with someone who would love him the way he loved her. Her heart belonged to someone else -- someone else who was awakening feelings that had been buried for nearly four years.

She quickly finished getting ready then took a deep breath and stepped out into the main room. She grabbed her shoes and put them on then turned to Justin. "Shall we?"

"Yes'm I'm ready." Justin nodded and gave her a tender smile.

They went down to the breakfast area where everyone else already sat eating. There were only two spots left, side by side across from Joey. The girls were sitting with Aimee chatting animatedly about something Shelby couldn't make out. They got their food and sat down at the table ready to eat.

"Did you have a good nights sleep?" Chris asked from Shelby's left.

"Yes, I slept all night. Unfortunately I woke up too early." Shelby answered stressing that she'd slept all night, daring him to say otherwise.

"I'm sure you did." Joey added with an insinuating tone of voice.

"You pervs never change." Justin chuckled shaking his head.

"And please never do change." Shelby told them both giving them a smile.

"Never." Chris assured her.

"So I was wondering why haven't you guys gotten back together at all? It's been like three years since you took your break." Shelby asked curiously now that all the members were there.

"We just needed a break and when we took it we didn't know what we'd be doing. Now that we are here we all have our own lives--families, different careers, just everything. Maybe someday there will be some kind of reunion, but who knows." Chris answered.

"This is true, good answer Chris." Joey agreed.

"Makes sense." Shelby nodded nibbling on a piece of fruit.

"You okay?" Joey asked observing her pale complexion and the way she was picking at her food.

"I feel okay. My stomach is a little queasy and my head kills." Shelby answered with a shrug.

"Take some aspirin, sounds like a hang over." Justin told her.

"Yeah." Shelby nodded. She figured it was a mixture of a hang over and her period coming. She had waited on it to come yesterday, but alas it did not. On occasion it did come a day late, especially when she was overly stressed.

"So what's the schedule for the day?" Joey asked them.

"We're all free until sound check this afternoon." JC answered.

"What the hell are we doing up this early." Shelby groaned subconsciously resting her head on Justin's shoulder. His arm naturally came around her as if he'd been doing it forever.

"We're up this early because we're used to getting up this early." Ryan answered.

"I guess." Shelby sighed sitting up. Justin's arm fell to her side and picked up her hand that rested at her side. He held it securely in his hand under the guise of the table where no one would see.

They had almost finished eating when Joey spotted a tall blonde walking toward them behind Justin. "Um, I think there's someone here to see you Justin."

Justin turned around and his stomach sank when he saw Cameron coming toward him with a look of annoyance on her face. Justin turned his head to look at Shelby who sat picking at her fruit. He gently squeezed her hand and she smiled slightly not daring to look at him.

Justin stood up and greeted his girlfriend with a friendly hug and a kiss on the cheek. He invited her to join them something she reluctantly agreed to.

Cameron didn't like what she saw when she first noticed Justin. He was sitting next to his ex and they were looking pretty cozy. Justin seemed standoffish toward herself and it was already starting to piss her off.

"How trashed is the room?" Shelby dared ask. She didn't want to say her room because that indicated she didn't sleep there last night. She certainly didn't want Cameron to find out she'd spent the night with Justin--in his arms.

"We'd never trash a hotel room. We don't make that kind of money." Ryan answered shaking his head.

"Just checking." Shelby answered.

"What are you going to do today?" Joey asked her changing the subject.

"I need to do laundry. I had to dig deep to find this." Shelby said indicating what she was wearing.

"That's no fun." Joey answered scratching his face.

"Well you could join me and we can have a chat."

"What about me?" Chris whined sticking out his bottom lip.

"Well you can come too if you really wanna." Shelby shrugged.

So plans were made for Shelby to go do laundry with Joey and Chris tagging along. JC and Lance were gonna hang out with the BA boys while Aimee wanted to take the girls. Justin of course was going to be doing his own thing with Cameron.

They finished and headed up to start what they were going to do when Shelby slapped her head and remembered that one of her bags was in Justin's room. She looked around to find him, but he was already ahead of them with Cameron. She quickly told Joey her situation who in turn agreed to get her stuff.

"Hey Justin, hold up!" he called causing the younger lad to stop and turn around.

Cameron just rolled her eyes and kept walking. Justin could do so much better without those friends of his. They held him back for so long being part of Nsync, but after he got out he'd finally been able to shine.

"What's up?" Justin asked Joey trying to resist stealing a glance at Shelby who hovered several feet behind him.

"I need that bag you borrowed this morning." Joey said meaningfully.

Justin did look at Shelby then. She looked back at him biting her lip looking every bit nervous. He longed to walk over and taker her in his arms, but he couldn't. He clenched his fists at his side and nodded to Joey. "I'll just get it. Come on."

Joey followed Justin to his room and waited outside while he retrieved Shelby's things. He couldn't wait to get her alone and talk to her about what's been happening.

Justin opened the door and handed the bag to Joey along with a piece of paper folded in half. He quietly told him to give it to Shelby then turned back into the room and shut the door. Joey carried the bag to Shelby's room really tempted to open the note and make sure it was okay before he gave it to her. He resisted and kept it clutched in his hand then knocked on his door.

Shelby opened the door and let Joey inside. She was surprised when he handed her the piece of paper.

"What's this?" Shelby asked looking at it. "Oh, by the way, Chris bailed."

"His loss. Justin handed me the note and told me to get it to you. So how much do you have to wash?" Joey asked.

"These." She said pointing to the bags packed up by the door. There were two large duffle bags and 2 child size suit cases. "Plus I have more on the bus. We do all our own laundry for the shows too, so I have a lot to do. That's why I need to go to a laundry mat instead of just doing it here. Then I can just do it all at once. Do you know if taxi's are expensive here?" Shelby asked getting all of her things ready, putting the note aside in her messenger bag. She'd read it later, when she had a moment.

"Don't worry about a taxi, we rented a car at the airport. I'll drive." Joey offered.

"Thanks, you come in handy." Shelby smiled.

They got her stuff down to the car then went to the bus and grabbed her other four bags of clothes. Like she said, they had extra clothes because of the stage. They wore the same thing on and off stage, they just had to have more clothes because of it.

They drove to the first laundromat they could find and stopped. Unloading the car they took everything inside. Thankfully it was completely empty so they could use all the machines they needed.

Joey sat on one of the tables and watched Shelby sort clothes into lights, darks, and such. She really knew what she was doing. If it was him, he'd just shove everything together. He told her this too.

"If I just shove everything together they don't get as clean. Besides they have different temperature needs. And I wash my black clothing with a special detergent designed for darks so they don't become dull so fast. There's nothing worse than wearing a boring dark gray shirt that used to be black." Shelby explained sorting her laundry still.

"I guess it makes sense. I still say just shove it all in the same load, which of course, is why Kelly does our laundry." Joey chuckled.

"Exactly." Shelby said smiling.

She finished and ended up with ten loads with all her piles.

"So I'm dying to know what's happening between you and Justin. Things are a lot more interesting than the last time I was here. Oh, and open that note and let's see what he said." Joey asked.

"You're horrible. It's my note, maybe I don't want to share it." Shelby answered ignoring his other question.

"Yes well..." Joey shrugged.

"I'm sure I'd tell you about it anyway." Shelby smiled. She dug in her messenger bag and pulled out the paper Joey had given her from Justin. It read:

Shelby,
Thanks for last night. I had a good time. We need to talk privately sometime, after Cameron leaves. I'll see you later.
Love, J
p.s. Tell Joey to mind his own business. I'm only kidding, I know you guys are close.

"That's quite the note. Where's the juice and mush though?" Joey asked.

"Hello! There is no juice and mush. We're just now starting to get along. Besides, we're both in a relationship." Shelby answered.

"So you have feelings for each other?" Joey asked playing off her comment.

"Well, I know I have feelings for him. I always have, but lately more so. I don't know if I could handle him hating me again. Last night was horrible. I hated it, but I loved it. I'm so very glad that he finally got to hear the full truth, but there are still so many obstacles to overcome. Shit I don't even know how to tell him about Danielle. I know I should, but I don't know how. I don't want Cameron to have anything to do with my daughter." Shelby explained suddenly getting angry at the thought of Cameron near Danielle.

"Don't worry, I totally understand. Nobody likes her with Justin. She was really just a rebound girl after you. He's been corrupted by her, but he doesn't see it."

"Yeah, I'm sorry." Shelby said unsure of what else she should say.

"It's not your fault." he said smiling. "What about Brad?"

"What about him?" Shelby asked.

"You know what I mean Shelby." Joey said seriously.

"I know. I've already decided to end things next time I see him. I know I should never have started anything with him. It's unfair to him because I know nothing is going to change on my end. My feelings are never going to change." Shelby answered.

"Well I must say I'm glad you've finally come to your sense." Joey smiled.

"Yeah." Shelby nodded. "How's the family?"

"Their good. Brianna and Kelly are both excited to see you again and meet the girls. Brianna, of course, doesn't really remember you. She was after all so young when you last saw her." Joey answered.

"Awesome. Oh, Nancy is meeting us in LA. She's going to be my nanny for a while 'til I can find someone else that I can equally trust. She's pregnant after all." Shelby told him out of the blue.

"How old is she again?" Joey asked.

"She's sixteen. She just made an unwise decision and now will live with the consequences. I was disappointed at first, but who am I to talk when I got pregnant young and out of wedlock. Her and Jason have been dating since I left. She did get sent to Florida for a while, but when she moved back to Minot, they were just as strong. They're in love and I for see them getting married after she graduates." Shelby answered telling a whole new story.

"That's cool." Joey smiled.

They finished two hours later and headed back to the hotel to load up her stuff again and find out what everyone else was doing. It was noon by this time so they had about two hours before they had to be at sound check.

For Shelby all she wanted to do was lay down and take a nap. Everyone else decided to go swimming so she did opt for a nap. Something rare for her, but as tired as she was she needed it. She fell into a deep sleep almost as soon her head hit the pillow.

On a beach somewhere Shelby saw a couple walking. They were holding hands, their backs turned toward her. It was quite obvious that they were in love and were happy to be together. A ways down from them two girls were playing in the sand.

Their happiness was soon to be over as a third figure came toward them. Shelby couldn't see his face, but it was clear that he was jealous. He said a few words to the woman who turned to face Shelby and clutched her oversize stomach. Shelby gasped when she realized what she was witnessing and sat up panting, gasping for air.

"Oh my god," she said looking around the hotel room. "No, no, no. I can't handle this right now."

Shelby threw her shoes on and grabbed her bag. She ran down to the hotel gift shop praying they had what she was looking for. She found what she wanted then quickly purchased it and went back to her room. She stared at the test five minutes later, not wanting to pick it up. If it said yes her life would forever change. If it said no, then she could relax and everything would be okay. Just do it. That's all she had to do, just reach out and take it. With a shaky hand, Shelby grabbed the stick and looked.

"Shit."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki