Welcome To My Life (Sequel to Stronger Together With You) by Leeann


Number of reviews: 33
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
heres an update sorry it took so long. feed back is great.
Brad left the tour and everyone slipped into a routine shortly after his departure. Shelby was approved to be Nancy's foster parent so now she had to tutor her for three hours every day.

With that added to her busy touring schedule made Carrie a godsend. She kept the girls during the tutor sessions and during the shows. Sometimes if Shelby wanted to go somewhere after the show like out to eat then she could do so without having to worry about the girls. They were always asleep before the end of the show.

Shelby hadn't had time to talk to Justin let alone think about him since their last encounter in New Orleans. They officially had about two weeks left on this leg of the tour. They would be leaving in a few days for a week off to celebrate Thanksgiving. The band would need to celebrate in Los Angeles because they were scheduled to record at the same studio they had before. So their whole entourage would be heading to LA for a week.

The tour resumed on the first of December and then would go for another week and a half. They'd have christmas off and the second leg of the tour would start sometime in the next year. It sounded like Broken Angel may not accompany them on that part of the tour for recording reasons. They needed to finish recording so they could get the album out before March.

The release date was currently set for March 13th and in order to meet that deadline they would need to kick into over drive and start recording a lot more.

Shelby and the boys did talk to Johnny about his company managing them and he took them up on it right away. He knew they were going to be a marketable band if they played their cards right and they weren't fake like a lot of other bands that were out there.

Today they were in Oklahoma City doing a few interviews and relaxing as there was no show tonight.

Shelby and Nancy were sitting in the hotels coffee shop talking over a hot white russian latte. They had finished their schooling for the day and had decided to get some coffee and just relax for a while.

"Wow, that was intense." Nancy said placing a hand on her slightly extended stomach.

"Is it kicking?" Shelby asked looking at Nancy's protruding stomach.

"Yeah, that was a big one." Nancy nodded

"When are you due? Did you talk to your doctor about traveling before you left?" She questioned remembering how uncomfortable she got herself while sitting for too long near the end of her pregnancy.

"I didn't ask. I'm about six months along. My due date is March fourth if I remember correctly. I didn't go to the doctor very often because nobody knew about it. I'm going to find a new OB." Nancy answered.

"We have about three weeks left on the tour before we go to back to LA to finish recording. They told us that might take up to two months if not more. We'll see because we already have four songs complete. We'll have to find a doctor when we get there." Shelby explained pausing to take a drink of her golden latte. "We'll be heading there next week for Thanksgiving break we'll find a doctor and you can get a checkup and set up another appointment for later."

"Is this covered under insurance?" Nancy asked wrapping her hands around her hot mug. Money was another reason she hadn't actually been to see a doctor very often. She couldn't afford it.

"Yeah, it's covered under medicaid which is provided through the state of North Dakota. I can't believe after all this I'm still involved with the system, but I do want to give back to others when I can. Who knows, maybe I'll foster other children later." Shelby answered.

"You would be good at it. The girls love you and they need more good people. If I decided to give up my baby, I would have asked you to take him first before contacting an adoption agency. I'm still really nervous about being a mom. If I decided to give him up at the last minute I still can. I want him to be raised in a good home with parents who'll love him."

"What are you saying, Nancy? Are you saying you don't want to be a mother to this baby?"

"Please don't look at me like that Shelby. I'm scared. I'm only seventeen and in a few months I'll be eighteen and I'm pregnant. I don't even have a real home. I want more for this baby. I want to go to college and I want to have a career." Nancy explained.

"Maybe you should have thought about that before you had sex. Nancy you can't just get into bed and not accept the consequences. I had just turned eighteen when I found out I was pregnant and I was totally alone. If it wasn't for the boys befriending me I don't know what would have happened." Shelby said laying out her feelings.

"How did you do it? I mean by yourself. What kind of pregnancy did you have?" Nancy asked eager to hear another woman's story.

"I found out I was pregnant after I realized I'd skipped a few periods. I know it sounds pretty lame. How can I not realize I was pregnant? But I was going through a mourning period over what happened with Justin and I wasn't eating or sleeping well. It was after I missed my third period when I started to get sick at night always between five and midnight. I realized something was off when I started getting tired over nothing and was always throwing up during that time at night. At the time I wasn't even thinking about being pregnant, I just assumed it was some kind of virus or something. I went to the doctor and they asked all the usual questions and they asked me when my last period was and immediately I knew what it was. I stared at the nurse and if I recall my exact words were 'oh my god I'm pregnant'. I started bawling."

"Wow." Nancy said staring at her totally into her story.

"I know. It took about ten minutes for them to calm me down then they took a blood sample and confirmed what I'd just figured out. They asked me if the father was involved and that made me cry again, but I willed it to stop almost right away. I told them no and we went from there."

"After that it was pretty easy going and normal until the end. I remember everything about it, especially the first time I felt her kick. Ryan was playing Scott's bass showing him a new song and you know it was really loud. After he finished the rift I felt a movement in my stomach. It was so cool, I pushed back in that spot to see what would happen and she kicked again. I told the boys about it and Ryan was very eager to feel."

"I want to show you this new bass line." Ryan told Scott as he set the bass on his lap.

"Okay." Scott nodded.

He played an intensely deep rift that lasted for several minutes as he really got into the music.

Shelby sat on a stool in front of the keyboard with a hand resting on her rounding stomach. She loved watching the boys perfect their craft. They were so good at what they did, so good they could teach it quite easily. It didn't take her long at all to catch on.

She listened to the last note resonate through out the room and as if by response her stomach kicked back.

"Whoa." Shelby said loud enough for the others to hear, holding her stomach in the spot she'd felt movement.

"What, what is it, what's wrong?" Ryan asked quickly putting down the guitar to rush to her side, Scott following close behind him.

"The baby moved." She answered with a voice of wonderment.

"Really, where?" Ryan questioned staring at her stomach.

"Right here, let me see if she'll do it again." Shelby answered pressing down on her stomach. She got a tiny response and felt it on her hand and grinned. "There she is."

"Can I feel it?" Ryan questioned anxious to put his hand out and touch her stomach.

It may seem weird for some people to have a male friend touching her stomach to experience a baby's first movement, but these young men had helped her through everything. Ryan even went with her to her doctors appointments. So to them it was perfectly normal.

"Give me your hand." Shelby took his hand and placed it on the spot and gently pushed. He jumped with excitement as the baby kicked him.

"That was so sweet. Scott, man, you have to try that. It's a rush. That was amazing."

"Dude, chill. If you're excited over this baby imagine how you'll be when you have one of your own." Scott told him shaking his head.

"It's so cool. There's life in there." Ryan bent down and put his ear against Shelby's stomach. "Hello baby, how are you? It's your buddy Ryan. Scott is here too, except he doesn't want to feel you move. I just think he's a wuss."

"You're such a newb." Scott chuckled shaking his head.

Scott wasn't all that interested in children because he had 4 younger siblings after his mother remarried so he'd already had his share of diaper changes and such. She'd had twins when he was a sophomore in high school and the next one when he was a senior so he was often made to baby sit.

"What? I'm talking to the baby." Ryan said turning his head to glare at Scott.

"And she appreciates it, but her mother would prefer if you got up and stopped crowding her." Shelby told him.

"Oh." Ryan moved away laughing. "Sorry about that, I tend to get over zealous."

"Apparently." Shelby said laughing.

"That sounds like something he'd do too." Nancy laughed nodding her head.

"Yeah, he's a hoot." Shelby smiled still lost in her memories.

"Was it hard without the father?" Nancy asked discreetly.

"It really was. There were so many things I had to do alone, or if I wasn't alone I still felt really lonely without him. When I went to birthing classes most other couples who attended were together and they displayed their love for each other and I just felt really left out. Ryan was a big help as were Robert and Lois, but I longed to share it with Justin." Shelby added, resting her chin on her hand.

"I can understand that. Jason never once went with me to an appointment. In that respect I'm glad I'm not in Minot any more. I think he was starting to regret keeping the baby. We pretty much broke up before I left. I saw him flirting with a classmate so I just ended it then." Nancy sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me this before? You gave me the impression that he was excited about the baby and that marriage may be in the future after you graduated."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I felt like I had failed some how. Like I wasn't good enough or something."

"Don't worry Nancy, you are worth everything. If he can't see what he has in front of him then he's blind nor is he worthy of you. I love you Nancy and I'll take care of you."

Nancy felt tears burning at the back of her throat. It was the first time in a long time that she'd really felt loved and actually wanted.

"Thank you Shelby." She whispered through her thick tears.

"You need not thank me, but you're welcome." Shelby smiled reaching across the table to squeeze the girls' hand. "I've been in your place before so I understand where you're coming from. If i can help someone else who's in the same place that I was, then I'd be happy to."

"You're a real saint you know that? Why Justin can't see what's right in front of him is beyond me." Nancy said shaking her head.

"I'm not a saint, I just believe in the golden rule. I treat other people the way I want to be treated. I know what it's like to be kicked down by the words of others. That old saying 'sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me' is such a lie. Physical pain will eventually fade, but something that a person says to you can stay with you forever. Whether it's good or not some things are never forgotten and if you keep hearing the same thing all the time you eventually start believing them. Which would you prefer, remembering a good word spoken about you or a bad? Me personally, I'd rather have a good word stay with me."

"You really are one of a kind, Shelby."

Shelby just shrugged her shoulders and played with her drink. Sometimes she really hated being the center of attention. On stage it was fine, but off stage she didn't really want it.

"Fancy meeting you ladies here." JC said sitting in a chair next to Shelby on her right.

"Hey JC, how's it going?" Shelby greeted.

"Just on my way out, but I saw you beautiful ladies sitting here so I thought I'd come say hi." JC smiled pouring out the charm.

"Got a little brown on your nose JC." Shelby teased pointing to a spot on her own face.

"Haha so funny." JC said rolling his eyes.

"You don't gotta lie to kick it." Nancy added.

"I'm not."

"So where you headed?" Nancy asked conversationally.

"Thought I would go check out a movie." JC answered with a shrug.

"You're going stag to a movie?" Nancy asked as if appalled by the thought.

"Yeah, what of it. I invited Justin, but apparently Cameron made a surprise visit."

"I used to go to movies by myself all the time." Shelby added in his defense. "If you want we can go with you so you're not totally alone."

"It would be an honor to escort you ladies to a movie." JC grinned.

"What movie?" Nancy asked unsure if she wanted to go.

"I'm not sure. We could check the new releases or we could check out the dollar movies."

"Dollar movies are usually really cheesy," Shelby commented.

"That's the best part. Besides, they're cheap what can you expect?" JC answered.

"Do you mind if I sit this one out? I really could use a nap." Nancy said bowing out.

"Yeah, that's okay." Shelby added. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just tired. It came on all of a sudden. I think I'll just go see what Carrie and the girls are up to and then lie down for a bit." Nancy answered standing up.

"Okay. If you need me, just call the cell." Shelby told her.

"Okay."

"Let's go." JC said to Shelby standing up.

"Okay. I really don't mind if we go to a dollar show. I was just saying that they're normally cheesy." She said heading for the door.

"We'll just see what there is." He said following her out.

~*~

"Cameron, what are you doing here?" Justin asked seeing his tall blonde girlfriend at his door.

"Surprise! Aren't you going to invite me in?" she said impatiently.

"Of course, come in. I'm sorry I just wasn't expecting you." Justin said holding the door open for her.

"I just missed you so much. Didn't you miss me?" Cameron asked sitting on his bed.

Justin turned his back to her and closed the door pausing to close his eyes and inhale deeply. Why is she here now?

"Of course I missed you." Justin said forcing a smile.

"You don't look like it, is everything all right? Is she bothering you?" Cameron asked referring to Shelby.

"No Shelby's not bothering me. We're friends now, remember?" Justin reminded her.

"I wish you weren't. I don't trust her." Cameron answered.

"Don't worry Cam, it's you that I love. You're my girlfriend and she's my ex. I'm with you not her." Justin said more for himself than for her.

"I know Justin. I'm sorry, I just love you." Cameron purred.

"So what are you doing here? I thought you were on location." Justin asked sitting beside her.

"I have a few days off so I wanted to come see you." she answered.

"Thank you." Justin smiled then kissed her on the lips.

"I love you Justin." She said hugging his waist.

~*~

"I'm sorry, but all the movies look stupid." JC said after perusing the list.

They had already checked the new releases and hadn't been interested in any of those and now the dollar selection sucked just as bad.

"We don't have to go to a movie." Shelby shrugged.

"I want to do something. I don't want to go back to the hotel and sit there bored out of my mind."

"We could always go buy some movies and watch them back at the hotel." Shelby suggested.

"That doesn't sound too bad, but I still kinda want to do something." JC answered.

"Okay, like what. You're not really helping much." she asked.

"I have no idea. It's too cold to do anything out doors, but we could always go find a mall. I could do some shopping." JC said pondering aloud.

"Sure, I could do some window shopping." Shelby nodded in agreement.

They agreed to go to the mall and headed in that direction via taxi. JC wasn't as popular as Justin so he could go places without security as long as he stayed low key and didn't draw attention to himself. They made it to the mall about ten minutes later and found it was rather busy considering it was still early in the afternoon.

JC had a baseball cap over his face and wore clothes that were more grungy than the style of clothes he normally wore. He had on a pair of ratty jeans with holes in the knees and a black Ramone's t-shirt with a gray zip up hoodie.

Shelby watched people's faces as they walked the first twenty yards or so to see if there would be any recognition. Nobody seemed to be paying any attention to them so she eventually relaxed.

"Any place you want to go?" JC asked turning his head to look at her.

"I'm always up for a Hot Topic or PacSun trip, but no not really." Shelby answered shoving her hands in her jeans pockets.

"We can make an appearance at both stores as long as they have them here." JC nodded. "I want to go to Scheels and get some new sneaks."

"What is it with you guys and Scheels? When I went shopping with Chris and Joey they both had to go in there and spend an hour." Shelby laughed shaking her head.

"I don't know, I guess it's like you and Hot Topic. We like shoes and other such sporting goods and you like gothy things." JC shrugged.

"I don't like just 'gothy' things." She defended. "Besides, I hate labels. I wear a lot of black, but I don't consider myself gothic or anything. I wear a lot of color accents." Shelby defended.

"Why do you hate labels?" JC asked.

"Because they divide people, they put people against each other. The world would be so much better off if people could see past their petty differences and just get along.": Shelby said her voice filled with passion about the subject.

"You are one of a kind, Shelby." JC smiled looking down at her.

"Everyone seems to think that lately, but I'm not all that. If I seem like such a good person or something then maybe that means everyone else has issues because I just treat everyone the way I want to be treated." Shelby answered shaking her head.

"People could learn something from you. You've very wise for someone your age. Don't ever let anyone change that about you."

"Don't worry, I won't." Shelby said nodding in agreement.

"Here's Scheel's, you don't mind stopping do you?" JC asked as he headed for the door.

"Sure that's fine." Shelby said really not wanting to go in. She knew he would go into the places she wanted to go so she would endure going into Scheel's no matter how awkward and out of place she felt.

Shelby hovered in the general area around where JC was looking for new shoes. She was looking at the selections waiting for him to come when she wandered over to the female section and-to her surprise-found a really cute pair of running shoes.

They weren't thick and chunky like most running shoes and they were all black with a neon pink strap over the top and on the soles. She tried on a pair and found they were immensely comfortable. They were perfect work out shoes.

"So did you found something?" JC asked coming up from behind.

"Yeah, these really cute running shoes. I can wear them when I work out, which I really need to start doing more consistently. Nothing like a new pair of shoes to get started." Shelby answered taking her shoes up to the counter to pay. She put the shoes on her credit card and then waited patiently for JC to finish.

"Where to now?" Shelby asked as they walked out of the store.

"Let's just walk and go from there." JC answered heading in the same direction they were going before they stopped at Scheel's.

They were still able to remain unnoticed by fans as they walked down the crowded mall. The next stop on the way was Shelby's favorite store, Hot Topic.

She vowed before she went in not to spend more than a hundred dollars, but that could easily be broken as her eyes went right away to the t-shirts.

"It stinks in here." JC commented with a wrinkle of his nose.

"I'm sorry." Shelby said giving him a courtesy apology not really feeling any remorse.

"No biggie, it was just merely an observation." JC shrugged.

Shelby went to the back to check out the band shirts and there were several that caught her eye.

"Which ones do you like?" JC asked standing next to her.

"This one." she said holding up an AFI shirt. It was black in color and had a white drawing of a bird with the band's name below that.

"You really like AFI don't you?" JC asked looking at the shirt.

"They are one of my favorite bands." Shelby nodded.

"I guess there are worse things to like," JC shrugged.

"I also like this Panic at the Disco one." Shelby said holding up another black t-shirt with a bright design on it and again the band's name.

"Do you own any t-shirts that aren't black?" JC asked curiously.

"Not really." Shelby shook her head. "I think I have a few red ones."

"Red ones, now that's a step up from black," came the sarcastic drawl.

"Fine, you want me to get a non-black shirt, then you go pick it out. If it looks stupid though, I won't get it."

"Wow, you're giving me free reign to find you a shirt? Any shirt?" JC asked wanting to establish his boundaries.

"Sure, anything in the store that's a t-shirt. No fluffy blouse shirts or skanky." Shelby answered. v"More than one?" JC asked already seeing one he knew she'd like.

"Um, sure." Shelby nodded.

"Okay, you wait here and I'll go find some fun colorful options." JC said clapping his hands.

Shelby was left standing there curious as to what he'd choose. Normally whenever she came to this store she primarily checked out the band shirts. It would be interesting to see what he came up with.

She moved to find the knee high socks and found a few pairs that she just had to have. One of her trademark accessories were her socks. She wore a lot of skirts and when she wore pants she usually rolled her pant legs up. Either one or both depending on her outfit and/or her mood.

"Alright, what do you think of these." JC asked, handing her a short stack of three shirts.

"Hold these." She said handing him the shocks she'd picked out and the two black shirts and took the first shirt off the pile.

It was a dark purple shirt with a picture of Harry Potter on the front holding his wand out in front of him. She smiled and told JC that it was a keeper and that it was perfect. The next shirt was a green color with a picture of the one up mushroom from Mario and below the picture it said '1 up'.

"That's pretty cool. I've never actually played Mario Brothers, but I've watched people play it before, but never really tried it. I don't know if I like it enough to pay twenty bucks for it though." She said moving that to her other arm where she slung it over her shoulder.

The last one he presented was a slim fitted pink shirt with a picture of a fist flipping the bird. The finger had a black finger nail and it was clearly straight edge with the X drawn on the back of the hand.

"This one is awesome. I love it." Shelby smiled holding the shirt out in front of her.

"Look at the back." JC said nodding at it.

Shelby turned it around and looked at the back. It had the words straight edge written in white letters.

"This is hot." Shelby nodded.

"So do I have good taste or what." JC said pushing out his chest in a strutting manner.

"Except for the green one, I don't want that one." Shelby answered handing him the green one so he could return it where he found it.

"I tried." JC shrugged exchanging items with her.

"I appreciate it though, I really like the other two. Where did you find the Harry Potter one? I'd like to get Danielle one. She loves Harry Potter."

"I can't believe you let your three year old watch Harry Potter. Some parents won't even let their older kids read or watch it."

"Why? It's just entertainment. All those people who think it'll corrupt their children or whatever are just close minded. If they get sucked into witchcraft or something then there are bigger issues. It's just a form of entertainment and I love it." Shelby retorted.

"Whoa, easy tiger, calm down. I was just commenting. I didn't say it was a bad thing." JC said holding up his palms.

"I think I'll get her this Ron shirt, she likes him."

Shelby flipped through the rack looking for the smallest size. She found a small in juniors and added it to her quickly growing pile.

"I am way over the amount I wanted to spend," she said looking at the armful of clothes she held.

"Put some of it back then," JC suggested.

"No way, I need this. Sometimes shopping makes me feel good. I don't do it all that often, but when I do; it can be liberating.

"Are you done yet?" JC asked.

"Yeah. No wait, I want to check out the bracelets." Shelby said walking to the jewelry section.

"You should get your lip pierced." JC commented looking at the body jewelry

"I've thought about it, or my labret. I don't know if I want to." Shelby shrugged.

"I bet it would look cool. I hate needles with a passion otherwise I'd get a piercing." JC added.

"Needle phobia huh, that sucks. What if you have to do blood tests or get a shot?"

"Last time they had to draw blood I nearly passed out." JC answered feeling a little embarrassed.

They finished browsing the accessories and checked out. Shelby ended up spending just over a hundred fifty dollars which included the five shirts and another five pair of socks.

They made their way down the mall until the next store they decided to stop at.

"Let's just go back now." JC said stopping. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah, that's fine." Shelby agreed with a nod of her head.

"The hot tub is calling my name." JC said rolling his head trying to relieve a cramp in his neck.

"That sounds divine." Shelby added.

They headed back to the hotel and decided to go swimming and just relax for the rest of the afternoon.

When they got back to the hotel Shelby changed into her modest bathing suit and grabbed a beach towel from her bag then slipped on her flip flops and headed down to the pool.

~*~

"Do you want to go to dinner tonight?" Justin asked Cameron.

"Sure, what did you have in mind?" she questioned sitting up.

"I was thinking something simple like Friday's. I kingdom some hot wings." Justin suggested.

"Oh, I was thinking something more elegant and romantic." Cameron said pouting her lips.

"Maybe another time, we don't have any reservations." Justin reminded her.

"We can use our status to get a table. Come on, please." she pleaded with what Justin thought was a really annoying whine.

"I don't want to do that." Justin said shaking his head.

"Why not? Don't be such a pansy." Cameron chided.

"Don't bully me, I don't want to go dropping names just to get into a restaurant I don't want to go to in the first place." Justin said standing up.

"There's no need to get all defensive." Cameron commented picking up his phone that had just fell out of his pocket.

Justin didn't notice when she grabbed his phone other wise he would have taken it back right away.

Cameron flipped through his pictures just to see what he had and nearly threw the phone across the room when she saw the last picture. She immediately started seeing red. It was an intimate picture of Shelby sleeping.

"What the hell is this?" Cameron asked throwing the phone at Justin so fast he barely had time to catch it.

Justin looked down at his phone already knowing what she had found. Instead of addressing the issue he turned it around on her.

"Why are you snooping through my phone?" he asked staring at her.

"It dropped out of your pocket when you got up so I grabbed it and looked through it. Why do you have a picture of her?" Cameron asked demanding an answer.

"I have pictures of all my friends." Justin defended.

"Justin, this is not just a picture of a friend," she said throwing up her hands. "This is a very intimate picture of an ex-girlfriend. Why do you have it?"

"Cameron, please, calm down. Why are you making such a big deal out of this? Why can't you trust that I wouldn't cheat on you?" Justin said shaking his head.

"Why were you taking a picture of her sleeping. Why were you in her room?"

"I found her sleeping in my dressing room. She just found the closest available quiet room to make a phone call. She didn't even know it was mine." Justin explained slightly altering the truth.

"That's a load of shit. I had a feeling something was going on here so I took two sick days and came here. You almost had me fooled, but this was the proof that I needed. How could you?"

"I know it seems hard to believe at this point, but I didn't cheat on you and I never would, but if you can't accept that then I must ask you to leave." Justin said calmly, walking to the door at which he opened and waited for her to walk out.

"I can't believe you're doing this. How can you choose her over me. She's nobody. You're going to throw away two years over this?" Cameron yelled storming into the hallway.

"No Cameron, you're throwing away two years over this by not believing me." Justin replied calmly, refusing to let her antics upset him.

"God!" she screamed throwing her hands in the air. She stormed off down the hallway failing to notice the pale figure standing there having witnessed the whole thing.

Justin started to close the door when he saw Shelby standing there looking torn. Her face was even more pale than usual and it looked like she had seen a ghost or something. It was apparent that she was headed for the pool by the bathing suit she wore and the towel she held in her hand.

"Sorry you had to witness that." Justin said gruffly.

"I didn't mean to, I was just walking by and the door opened and I didn't want to be seen so I just stayed out of sight." Shelby answered.

Justin nodded his head in understanding and Shelby told him she should get going, leaving him to his thoughts.

Shelby kicked herself for what had happened. She should have just walked passed and not paid attention to what was going on. She saw the hurt look on Justin's face and wondered how dense Cameron could be. It was obvious that they were arguing about her making her feel even more guilty.

"What took you so long?" JC asked when she finally made it down to the pool.

"Sorry, I ran into someone." she answered.

"No biggie. Are you okay? You look pale. I mean paler than you usually do." JC said with a smirk.

"I know what you mean. I just have a headache." Shelby lied easily.

"Get in the pool, it's actually cool and doesn't feel like you're in a giant bath tub. The cool water may make you feel better or the chlorine may make it worse, one of the two." JC suggested with a sheepish tone.

"I think I'll just sit in the hot tub for a while." Shelby stated stepping into the steaming hot water. It felt marvelous as she sunk low into the hot water and let the mixture of heat and bubbles slowly relax her.

Her mind kept returning to Justin and the scene in the hallway. He did a good job of keeping his cool while Cameron kept yelling at him and accusing him of stuff he didn't do.

Shelby felt sorry for him, but there was a small spiteful part of her that told her now he knew how she felt when he shattered her heart.

After about twenty minutes in the hot tub Shelby was starting to feel light headed and took that as a sign to get out. She went upstairs to get showered and changed.

When she was finished getting dressed she sat on her bed with nothing to do. Carrie had left a note that said she took Nancy and the girls to a little kid movie.

She headed downstairs and told herself she would check on Justin to make sure he was okay then she'd do something else.

She knocked cautiously on his door a war waging on inside herself as to whether or not she wanted Justin to open the door. She was about to turn away when the door jerked open and Justin stood there looking rather menacing.

Without really seeing who was at the door he practically shouted "what do you want".

Shelby's eyes widened and she wished she hadn't knocked at all. "I'm sorry, I'll just go and leave you alone."

Justin looked down at Shelby and saw the fear in her eyes and all the anger he felt at being interrupted left him. "No, that's okay. I'm sorry. What did you want?"

Shelby wrung her hands in front of her nervously and shrugged her shoulders. She suddenly felt foolish for coming to check on him because he clearly wanted to be alone.

"I guess I wanted to make sure you were okay, but I see now that I shouldn't have come because you clearly want to be alone."

"That was quite a mouthful. Are you finished?" Justin asked leaning his shoulder against the door frame still looking down at her.

Shelby couldn't help but notice how sexy he looked leaning against the door like that. Her eyes traveled up his lean muscular form and stopped at his mouth. She would do almost anything to feel his full lips against her own again. She realized what she was doing and her eyes left his lips and connected with his own and saw he had been watching her the whole time. She felt her face turn a dark shade of red and she wanted to cover her face with her hands.

"That blush is quite becoming on you Shelby," Justin said with a smirk on his face.

"Oh bother," she said shaking her head covering her face with her hands this time.

"It's okay if you want to look Shelby. I could pose for a picture, it'll last longer." Justin teased.

Shelby felt her face heat up again and wanted to just die of embarrassment.

"Did you wanna come in? We can finish this conversation in private." Justin said inviting her in.

Shelby looked at the room behind him and couldn't help wondering what would happen behind closed doors if they were alone.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki