Welcome To My Life (Sequel to Stronger Together With You) by Leeann


Number of reviews: 33
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
thanks for the reviews. they are much appreciated.

JIVE Studios
Orlando, FL
August 16, 2006

Justin Timberlake stared at his manager Johnny Wright with a look of unbelief. The older gentleman had just informed the bad news. This club tour had been a long time in the making, but it seemed the closer it came, the more problems came up. It seemed their opening act had to pull out for illness. This was a low blow considering the tour started in less than a week.

This was to be the biggest club tour of the year as it was not only Justin headlining, but his former Nsync band mate JC Chasez was co-headlining with him. Because it was a co-headlining tour they only needed one opener.

The door opened and JC came in then flopped down in the chair opposite the table from Justin. Judging by the look on his face, he too had heard the news. They sat there for the next few hours discussing their options. They knew of very few signed bands that were free to go on tour on such a short notice. They had to dismiss the meeting as they had other things to do, but they all vowed to keep their ears and eyes open for an opening act.

Justin left JIVE and went to pick up Cameron from her spa appointment. She was going to be seething as he was nearly an hour late, but he'd had so much on his mind and plate that he couldn't call her. She would be understanding when she found out why, but he'd still hear about it. He pulled up to the curb in front of the discreet hotel and spa then got out and walked inside. He stopped at the front desk and talked to the woman working, he chuckled to himself when he found out Cam hadn't even finished yet. He breathed a sigh of relief then went to sit in the waiting room.

Laying his head against the sofa, he closed his eyes and felt himself relax. It had been a long day and all he wanted to do was go home and sleep. Unfortunately he knew that would be next to impossible as Cam had already made plans to go out tonight. He felt himself falling asleep and let the slumber take over his weary body.

That was the way Cameron found him nearly a half an hour later. A smile lit up her face when she saw him holding a pillow close to his chest. She didn't want to wake him, but knew she had to. She gently nudged his shoulder and watched him come to.

Justin felt groggy when he opened his eyes to see Cameron sitting on the sofa next to him. He stretched his weary body then stood up and rubbed his eyes. "How long was I out?"

"I'm not sure, maybe a half an hour?" Cameron smiled.

"I just want to go nap." Justin said leading them out the door.

"Well why don't you sleep when we get home."

"Don't you want to go out tonight?"

"I can go out with the girls, you look like a zombie." Cameron giggled.

"Thank you, that makes me feel loads better. It's been one of those days babe. We found out our opener had to drop out and we're screwed because we haven't found anyone else."

Justin continued to unload on his girlfriend who was listening, but not really paying attention. They drove to Cameron's condo and Justin dropped her off, vowing to take her out another night.

Justin drove home then sat on his sofa and closed his eyes. Just as he was about to fall asleep, the phone rang causing him to jump and answered it gruffly. "Hello?"

"Hey sweetie, how are you?" Lynn Harless asked her son.

"Not too good mon." Justin sighed.

He told her all the things that had happened earlier and all the worries came tumbling out. He told her how stressful he felt about the pressure to create this huge club tour with his band mate and he told her his fear of not finding another opener in time.

Lynn felt her sons' pain over the phone and assured him that everything would work out, no matter how bad it looked it would work out.

"Thanks mom, I feel a lot better, I am still exhausted, but I don't feel so mentally burdened."

"You need someone to talk to, a friend who will listen to you. Cameron is a flake and you know it."

"She's not that bad mom, I don't know why you don't like her."

"She's a flake, not to mention she's ten years older than you." Lynn said rolling her eyes.

"Age is just a number."

"I don't even want to hear it. If you were still with Shelby, you'd have someone real to talk to. I miss that girl, she was one in a million. I still don't believe for one second that she would cheat on you."

"Shut up mom." Justin growled.

"You know it's true."

"If you don't shut up about her I'm hanging up on you."

"You wouldn't dare." Lynn challenged.

"Watch me." Justin clicked his phone shut and grabbed a glass off the end table next to him and threw it at the wall watching it break into a bunch of small pieces.

Justin hated talking about Shelby or hearing everyone say they didn't believe she'd cheat on him. The first time anyone had said something about her, he nearly flipped. Joey asked if he'd heard anything from her and Justin yelled at him and told him to never bring her up again.

Justin's phone rang again and he checked the caller ID, it was his mother. Rolling his eyes he knew he had to answer it or she'd be pissed. "Yeah?"

"You brat. I wasn't even finished talking to you yet." Lynn reprimanded him.

"Whatever, I'm tired and I just want to sleep. I have something I want you to do. There is a show playing at your usual spot tonight, I want you to go check it out and see what you think about the band Broken Angel. They're not signed, but they are getting a small following around here. They might be what you're looking for in an opening act." Lynn explained.

"You've got to be kidding me." Justin groaned.

"I know you're tired honey, but this is something you really should check out. They are unsigned, but they were chosen to open two shows for AFI. That's gotta be saying something right?"

"AFI mom? If they're opening for AFI then they are hardly the same type of music that we are."

"Just go check them out, they're a four member band with drums, bass, guitar, and they have a girl who plays keyboard. Just do it Justin, I think this is exactly what you're looking for."

"Are you going to tell me how you got this information?" Justin asked.

"It's my duty to know." Lynn answered vaguely.

"Whatever. What time does it start?"

"The show starts at seven, they're on at eight thirty."

"Okay fine, I'll call Jace and tell him about it and see what he thinks." Justin answered.

"Okay, bye sweetie, call me and let me know how it goes." Lynn said before hanging up the phone.

Justin hung up the phone and sighed. So much for the nap he and his body longed for. He called JC who had agreed to meet him at the club at seven, they would talk to the manager at the club to get their opinion on Broken Angel and then they would listen to them play and make their decision.

~*~

"What do you mean you won't be here." Ryan asked Shelby on the phone.

"Cassy was in an accident and I need to be there for her and Gracie, she may die Ryan." Shelby cried.

"Right, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound disrespectful or rude, I just didn't expect it. We just talked to Bobby, you know the manager, apparently there are people here to watch us, if things go we'll be opening a major club tour for the next few months." Ryan explained getting excited.

"Really? Did he say who?" Shelby asked curiously.

"No, do you have any objections?"

"Not yet, let me know how it goes, I need to get back."

"Okay babe, we'll be praying for Cassy."

Shelby hung up the phone then went back the ICU where her best friend Cassy was being cared for. It brought tears to her eyes to see her friend suffering so, but the doctors had told her that there was little to no hope for a recovery. She was hours away from slipping into a coma, once that happened, there was nothing more they could do. She wiped the tears from her eyes then walked in her room.

"Hey Cassy, how are you feeling?" Shelby stood at her side and held her hand.

"Not so good. I need to talk to you." Cassy said weakly.

"You should save your strength."

"No, I need to say this before I... well I need to say it. Please get the doctor. I want someone to witness this so there are no future problems." Cassy whispered.

Shelby hit the nurse button nearest her and felt two tears roll down her cheeks as she waited for the nurse. Her friend was dying and there was nothing she could do about it. All because of some stupid drunk driver a young woman with such life was dying. A young woman who was a mother to a five year old who had so much life to live, a life she'd have to live without her mother.

"How can I help you?" the nurse asked.

"I need you to witness something." Cassy replied weakly. "Please get a piece of paper."

Shelby pulled a piece of paper from her purse and grabbed a pen, she turned back to Cassy who was crying.

"I want to give Shelby custody or guardianship of Gracie. I know you will take good care of her and I know she'll get along great with Danielle. I want you to know that her father has no legal ties to her, no matter what happens you are to keep Gracie. I give you my consent to adopt her if it comes to that." Cassy was giving to Shelby the sole guardianship of Gracie. "I want you to sign as a witness."

The nurse wiped tears from her own eyes and nodded vaguely. She grabbed the pen and paper from Shelby then signed her name along with the date, time, and her phone number. She handed the paper back to Shelby who signed it and handed to Cassy to read. Cassy read over the note and signed her name on there as well. She gave them the number of her lawyer then collapsed back on the bed exhausted.

"Please bring my daughter to me." Cassy cried.

Shelby left the room and went to the waiting room where Gracie was playing with Danielle. Robert and Lois were watching them, having heard the situation from Shelby before she left their house yesterday, they'd come right away.

"Gracie, come here please." Shelby said holding out her arms.

Gracie smiled shyly and walked over to Shelby. She lifted her arms and let herself be lifted by Shelby who hugged her tightly then headed back to the ICU so mother could say goodbye to daughter.

~*~

Broken Angel went out and played their first song, but it felt very weird to not be playing with Shelby. This was the first time they'd played with just the three of them in over four years.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, how are y'all doing? We dedicate this show to our own Angel's best friend Cassy who was in an accident today and is in the hospital. That is the reason our keyboard player is missing." Ryan spoke into the mic, feeling tears come to his eyes.

"This song is for you Cassy."

i opened my eyes, i try to see
but im blinded by the white light
i cant remember how i cant remember why.
im lyin here tonight
and i cant stand the pain
and i cant make it go away
no i cant stand the pain

how could this happen to me
i've made my mistakes
got no where to run
the night goes on
as im fading away
im sick of this life i just wanna scream
how could this happen to me

everybody's screamin. i try to make a sound
but no one hears me
im slippin off the edge
im hangin by a thread
i wanna start this over again
so i try to hold on to a time when
nothing mattered and i cant explain
what happened and i cant erase the things that i've done
no i cant

At the hospital, a little girl cried because her mother had just went to heaven to be with God. A young woman held onto the little girl tightly and felt tears coursing down her own cheeks. She knew what it was like to loose a mother at so young an age, she vowed with her whole heart to be the best mother she possibly could do the little girl. Her best friend would be looking down on them from heaven.

how could this happen to me
i've made my mistakes
got no where to run
the night goes on
as im fading away
im sick of this life i just wanna scream
how could this happen to me

i've made my mistakes
got no where to run
the night goes on
as im fading away
im sick of this life i just wanna scream

Justin felt such passion coming from the band, such emotion as they played for their friend. He felt tears in his own eyes by the end of the song. He looked to JC who was tearing up himself, it was decided that instant that this band had to go on tour with them. They didn't have the same sound, but they were really passionate about what they did and the music they played.

how could this happen to me
how could this happen to me
how could this happen to me

After the show was over, Justin and JC went to find Broken Angel's manager who they were surprised to find out was the lead singer and guitar player. They waited back stage and were introduced to the band.

"That was a good show Gents, I'm Justin and this is JC." Justin said introducing themselves. "We'd like you to come on tour with us as our opener."

Ryan knew it would be the perfect opportunity to get their music out there, but he also knew that Shelby would have a hard time being so close to the man who broke her heart. She also said that she had no objections. Forgive me Shelby, he thought then smiled at Justin.

"We'd love to go on tour with you, that would be a great honor." Ryan said shaking his hand. "I'm Ryan by the way. That's Scott and Jason. Our other member isn't here as we stated earlier, but she's at the hospital with her best friend."

"Will she have any objections?" JC asked sensing the tension between him and mentioning her.

"No, we told her that you were here and she gave her blessing to do whatever we had to do." Ryan assured him, feeling slightly guilty. "Oh, shoot, I forgot. She does have a daughter is that going to be a problem?"

"Nah, that's cool." JC shook his head.

So it was settled. Broken Angel would be joining the big club tour in less than three weeks. Ryan was already calculating how many CD's and T-Shirts and other merchandise they'd need for such a big tour. They sold a lot in just the few places they did go, they'd need to make a bunch more for a tour on this scale.

Scott and Jason took Ryan aside and asked him about Shelby. Ryan assured them that this would be okay with Shelby and that she gave her blessing to do whatever they had to do earlier that evening. Things might be different now that Justin Timberlake was involved, but they could cross that bridge when they got to it. Couldn't they?

*How Could This Happen to Me by Simple Plan



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki