Welcome To My Life (Sequel to Stronger Together With You) by Leeann


Number of reviews: 33
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
heres the latest chapter. srry it took so long to get. reviews are awesome :)

Welcome to My Life
Chapter 7

September 16, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

"Do you have to go?" Shelby asked Joey who was packing his back.

"Yes, Kelly needs me back. We'll come visit you again." Joey smiled.

"I know, I know. I just don't wanna stay here alone with 'Miss Thang'." Shelby said rolling her eyes.

"Whatever happened to Brad?" Joey asked zipping his duffel.

"I don't know. I'm sure he'll show eventually. I know him well enough to expect him." Shelby shrugged sitting on the bed opposite him.

Joey smiled secretly. Brad was indeed coming and would probably show up any minute with an unexpected guest. He almost revealed himself and his secret when someone knocked on the door.

"I wonder if that's JC with the girls." Shelby muttered absentmindedly, getting up to open the door.

Shelby opened the door and found Brad's tall lanky form standing in the doorway holding a bouquet of red roses and two giant stuffed bears. Tears gathered in Shelby's eyes as she drank in the sight of her best friend.

"Are you going to let me in? My arms are kinda full." Brad smirked.

"Oh yes please come in. I'm sorry, I'm just so happy to see you." She said holding the door open for him.

Brad set down the bundle in his arms then turned toward Shelby. "Come here." He said opening his arms.

Shelby willingly stepped into his arms and inhaled deeply his scent. It was so nice to be held by her best friend. Tears spilled over her cheeks as she held on tightly.

"I missed you so much." She said softly.

"I missed you too sweetie." Brad answered holding her at arms length.

They stared at each other for a few moments just drinking each other in. Several minutes passed before Joey cleared his throat loudly interrupting their reunion.

"Hey Joey, how you doing?" Brad said walking over to him.

The two of them caught up on their hellos and other general small talk while Shelby went to shut the door. She looked up into the hallway and found Justin standing there. Unable to move, she stared at him for several moments. "Hey Justin." she greeted cautiously.

"Hey. Brad's here?" he asked.

"Yeah, he just got here." Shelby nodded.

"Cool, well I have to go." Justin said nodding toward the hallway to the right.

"See ya." Shelby smiled faintly.

"Bye." Justin nodded.

Justin turned on his heel and headed down the hallway. He had to admit it was nice to talk to Shelby civilly. Was Brad her boyfriend? He'd witnessed the long embrace between the two and saw the lush bouquet he'd brought her. He dismissed the thought almost as quickly as it came. Who cares if they were together, it didn't concern him anyway.

"What was that all about?" Joey asked when Shelby returned.

"I don't know," she shrugged. "He was just standing there so I said hi and he talked to me for a few minutes. It was weird. Anyway, enough of that. The girls are with JC, they wanted to go down to the playground and he just loves to play with them. They are due back in a few minutes. We have to take Joey to the airport and they wanted to come, that's going to be an interesting ride."

"It'll be an adventure." Joey chuckled.

"We just have to be quick about it. Technically Danielle isn't supposed to ride in a car without a booster seat." Shelby added.

"Shelby don't even worry about that, she'll be fine." Brad smiled.

"Thanks." Shelby nodded and smiled back.

Shelby couldn't help but think how nice it was to have Brad here. Even if he'd been here all of five minutes, his presence was very comforting. Maybe she could learn to love him.

"Earth to Shelby?" Brad said waving his hand in front of her face.

Shelby broke from her thoughts her face feeling a little flushed as she had ignored whatever they were trying to say to her. She grinned sheepishly and playfully slapped Brad's hand away.

"What we were trying to ask you, was if you wanted to grab a quick lunch down at the restaurant." Brad smirked.

"I could go for some food." Shelby nodded.

"I'm famished." Joey said rubbing his stomach.

"Me too. I haven't eaten since Fargo and that was like four hours ago. I only had a stupid little granola bar." Brad said rolling his eyes.

"Since when are you a health nut?" Shelby questioned raising an eyebrow at him.

"Since he was with me." Nancy said grinning.

Shelby whipped around at the sound of her voice and could do nothing but stare. She felt tears gather and looked between Brad and Nancy. She wasn't sure who she wanted to hug first--Nancy for being there, or Brad for being so sweet.

"I'm so happy to see you." Shelby said extending her arms.

Nancy stepped into Shelby's embrace and hugged her back tightly. "You know Brad, can't do anything simple. He got me out of school for two days and here I am. I'd like to stay longer with you guys, but I haven't talked him into it, maybe you could."

"Listen to you, some thing's never change; you talk a mile a minute. Can never get her to shut up." Shelby laughed backing up.

Nancy opened her mouth to defend herself when the door opened.

"Brad!" Danielle squealed with childish delight.

"Is this where the party at?" JC said holding Gracie in his arms.

"Yes, I guess so." Shelby beamed, barely able to contain her excitement.

"You really want to go home and leave all this chaos?" JC laughed talking to Joey as he set Gracie down.

"Most definitely. I want to get back to my simple non chaotic life." Joey chuckled.

"We were about to head down tot he restaurant to grab a bite, would you care to join us?" Brad asked.

"Sure why not. I ought to tell you though, your favorite person is down there with Justin." JC warned Joey.

"I can't stand her, she's a witch with a b." Joey rolled his eyes, careful to watch his language around his kids.

"How have you been?" JC asked Brad while Shelby tended to the girls' needs.

"Good, how about you? How are you likin the tour?" Brad answered with questions of his own.

"It's going really good." JC nodded.

"Wow, party in Shelby's room." Scott said stopping in front of the door. Ryan and Jason stood behind him, peering into the room over his shoulder.

"Come in guys, what's a few more in the zoo." Shelby smiled inviting them in.

"Hey man how's it going?" Ryan said giving Brad a brief man hug.

"It's going, how are you?" Brad greeted.

"Good, good. Is this the infamous Nancy?" he asked looking her over.

"Depends on who's asking." Nancy answered giving him an inquisitive look."

"I'm askin." Ryan answered.

"I am Nancy yes, which one are you?" Nancy asked.

"Ryan."

"Let's go everybody. Joey has to be at the airport in two hours and there's an insane amount of us so we need to go now." Shelby said ushering them all out of the room.

The entourage of nine made their way down to the onsite restaurant and made the staff scramble to accommodate them in a semi-private area. Their needs brought them right next to Cameron and Justin.

"You've got to be kidding me." Cameron groaned when she saw them coming.

"Could you be any more rude?" Justin chided glaring her. "Some of them are my friends."

"Whatever." Cameron said rolling her eyes.

Shelby tensed up when she saw Justin and Cameron at the table right behind their long one. Brad sensed her hesitation and guided her to the table, his presence reassuring.

"Relax." he whispered as he pulled out her chair.

Shelby nodded then helped Danielle get situated on her right. Gracie chose to sit by her new friend "Uncle Josh". She seemed to be mesmerized by him and had been with him as much as she could.

The waiter came with waters and menu's and they settled down to choose their food.

"Would you like a grilled cheese or chicken strips?" Shelby asked Danielle.

"Grilled cheese!" Danielle exclaimed right away.

"Are you sure you don't want chicken?" Shelby asked.

"Cheese." Danielle nodded.

"Okay thank you baby." Shelby said kissing her on the cheek.

"Love you mama." Danielle said wrapping her small arms around her mothers neck.

"I love you too sweetie, now sit down in your chair like a big girl okay?" Danielle nodded then sat in her chair and took the crayons the waiter had given them and started coloring on the paper place mat.

"What are you getting?" Brad asked Shelby leaning against her chair.

"The grilled chicken sandwich with hash browns." she answered. "You?"

"I have no idea. I eat this kind of food all the time at Denny's." Brad shrugged.

"What are you getting Nancy? Can you eat everything? Have you gotten any morning sickness yet?" Shelby asked her.

"How did you know?" Nancy asked in surprise.

"Brad told me, why didn't you? That's something I'd like to have heard from you." Shelby answered.

"I figured you'd be mad at me." Nancy shrugged.

"Why would I be mad at you? Disappointed maybe, but not mad. I have no right or room to judge. I had Danielle really young and obviously unmarried." Shelby reminded her.

"I know and I'm sorry. I should have told you." Nancy frowned.

"It's okay." Shelby smiled.

"I'm not ready to be a mother." she said surprising Shelby and Brad both.

"Let's talk about this later okay?" Shelby said not wanting it to be a public conversation.

"Yes thank you." Nancy nodded feeling slightly embarrassed that she'd said anything in front of everyone.

Shelby smiled at her and turned back to Danielle who was scribbling on her place mat. "What are you drawing sweetheart?"

"I'm coloring, not drawing." Danielle told her grabbing the red crayon.

"Okay baby." Shelby nodded.

Shelby leaned back and closed her eyes. She listened intently at all the sounds around her letting everything wash over her. She heard chairs scraping behind her, announcing people were leaving.

"Hey Brad, will you order for us? I need to visit the restroom." Shelby said getting to her feet.

"Sure," Brad nodded.

"Thanks."

Shelby quickly walked to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. She looked herself and found a pale reflection staring back at her. 'What's wrong with me,' she thought to herself. She turned on the cold water and splashed some water on her face. She was patting her face dry with a paper towel when she heard the door open behind her. She glanced up in the mirror to find Cameron standing behind her with a glare.

"Can I help you with something?" Shelby asked.

"You aren't fooling anyone but yourself." Cameron said confusing Shelby.

"I'm sorry?"

"This little thing you have for Justin. He told me all about what you did to him. Now you come back here with your little bastard daughter looking for money? Let me tell you this you won't get anything from him as long as I am here."

"Let me tell YOU something Cameron. You don't know ANYTHING about what happened between me and Justin. And quite frankly it's none of your damn business. And if you EVER call my daughter a bastard again I will beat you down." Shelby said as coldly as she could. Nobody insulted her daughter. Especially someone who didn't know anything about what happened.

She turned and left the bathroom, finding Justin standing there waiting for Cameron. She turned to him and glared, "Call off your bitch Justin. She hasn't a clue what happened and neither do you."

Shelby left Justin standing there befuddled. He had no idea what she was talking about. Cameron must have been sticking her damn nose where it didn't belong again. Well that was no reason for Shelby to take it out on him. Any feelings that had softened towards Shelby just hardened over again. How dare she tell him that he didn't understand. He understood perfectly what she did to him.

"Are you okay?" Brad asked when Shelby returned to the table seething.

"I'm fine. I just had to straighten some things out." Shelby answered with a firm nod.

"Okay." Brad said accepting that answer for the time being.

Shelby grabbed his hand and held on tightly, she needed to calm down. She knew that he would help her, even if she didn't say anything about what happened. Again his presence was reassuring for the third time that day she was glad he was there.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki