She Got Me by Elly and Maribi


Number of reviews: 6
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


*
The next morning after Sunday mas the usual little old ladies approached her as always, asking about her personal life, trying to stick the fact that they had handsome grandsons and their descriptions. She laughed every week and this week with more reason because she had Joshua and Justin in mind, and wondered if they would really ever call. She had thanked God for her new encounters and hoped they would develop into lasting friendships so that she could have more than just Mario to depend on. Of course she had the people at work, but she didn’t share much with them. She saw how they gossiped about the world’s life.
As she drove home she couldn’t help but to compare the two. Joshua would be the type that she could turn to with any problem and would know the right words to say to make it all better. Justin would be the type that would make her laugh uncontrollably, and try things she’s always wanted to, like skydiving. She would’ve done that by now but Mario is the world’s biggest wimp…and she chuckled at that thought as she parked into a spot arriving at the complex.
“hello dear…how was mass?” Mario was awake…before 1. Something was definitely up
“just fine thank you…what happened?” she questioned
“oh nothing…I was just awoken by the phone ringing and never stopping so I picked up and it was for you”
“was it mama?” she asked
“no…a gentlemen…very nice might I add. Mr. Joshua called”
“noo” she smiled “what did he say?”
“that he’d like to meet up with you for lunch”
“really?”
“mm hmm…here’s the address and you’re supposed to be there in 20 minutes”
“wait…who told him I was going?”
“well I did of course silly…go get dressed in something a bit more casual, you look too…churchy” She looked at him as if to ask him if he was serious “shut up…I know what I said and it is really early. Now go…get ready”
She headed towards her room and stood in front of her closet, choosing a cute multicolored skirt about knee length with a white tube top and a necklace matching her flat sandals. She topped her look off with an amber sweater that pulled the whole thing together, and was perfect for the fall Miami weather. Finally she was out the door and also running a little late for her meeting with Joshua. The restaurant was lively in colors, and paintings. She found him seated looking at his hands absentmindedly. She felt a little embarrassed.
He had hoped that he wasn’t too forward in calling the day after, but he couldn’t deny that he wanted to see her again. He wasn’t too worried, but he would only wait about 10 minutes more and then get the hint...then again she is Spanish. He chuckled to himself at that thought, the typical stereotype…all she was, was a girl. Reason enough for her to be a little late. She walked up to the table a little rushed.
“I’m sorry” she approached him at the table for 2 he had chosen
“no its alrite mama…I’m just glad you came” he kissed her on the cheek in greeting
“have you been waiting long?” she couldn’t resist but to look straight into his blue eyes.
“about 10 mins”
“ayy bendito..really I’m sorry”
He chuckled “your roommate Mario is very interesting let me tell you. I was a little afraid he may have forgotten to give you my message”
“no…he would never let me forget that, but yes he is definitely a character”
The waitress came by and took their orders and dinner continued, but the evening did not end there.
“you know, there’s a park around the area” Joshua mentioned “I don’t know about you, but uh…I don’t really want to go home just yet”
She chuckled “ok…lets go to the park then. I haven’t gone on swings in too long. I think I was in Spain the last time I did that” she thought aloud to herself
He grabbed her hand and led the way out. She had to admit, she got a little feeling in her stomach but let him lead the way.
“so…um. Mario, what is he to you?” He was a curious child and just had to know “I mean if you don’t mind sharing”
“no, no” she chuckled “Mario is like my best friend. We met at school”
“ooh so uh…he’s definitely not a boyfriend?”
“would a boyfriend really send me to go meet up another guy for lunch?”
“truee…”
She laughed “and the fact that Mario is not really attracted to women”
“yeaa he’s gay isn’t he” She smiled slightly as she nodded “I thought so when i was talking to him but you know…you never know” she laughed
“and you?” she questioned “you live alone?”
“yes I do. But see my friends and I, we all live around the same area…so I’m not completely alone”
“oh alright…that’s nice” she looked ahead and found just what she was looking for “look…the swings” she pointed
“did you want to go?” he smiled at her girliness
“you don’t mind right?”
“would you like me to push you?”
She smiled “please”
She arrived home that night with a smile she could not wipe off. She had a good time, a really good time with a new friend. She enjoyed his company, and he wanted hers every moment of the day. She loved this new friendship, and he hoped for more…but would be patient.
Of course she should have expected the interrogation of her nosey roommate and his curious boyfriend.
“soo…lunch seemed to run a little long. It’s 8pm”
“I know”
“well…share the details”
“I got to go on swings”
“what?” Toni questioned
“went had lunch…and went to a park, and had an amazing time…ok?”
“ok. But what did you do for so long”
“well…we talked a lot, got to know each other more”
“yeaa…you like?”
“yes but…friends Mario, we’re friends”
“would you want something more with this Joshua?”
“oh stop meddling in the girls life” Toni defended her a little
“yes Mario…don’t be so nosey” she retorted and walked away with a smile
“don’t you worry…I’ll get you later”
*
After her eventful weekend she dreaded going to work and school. It almost felt as if she had a mini vacation for a minute, she was out all weekend and Joshua had called her once again. She was happy someone actually enjoyed her company and was looking for her attention.
After a day of school and work, and a nasty day out making it seem extremely long, she was just looking forward to going home and napping. She was deep in her slumber when she was scared by the vibration of her phone on top of her bureau. She didn’t recognize the number and decided to pick up the phone
He was anxious and ready to finally call her. He didn’t want to seem desperate so decided to hold himself back and wait at least until Tuesday night to call her. It turned out to be the perfect day because it was raining and he was sure she would probably have time to talk to him. He picked up his phone and began to dial the numbers.
“hello?” she answered, he smiled.
“heyy” she knew she recognized his voice…just could not really put a name to it
“hii” she said just as enthusiastically
She heard him chuckle on the other said “you have no idea who this is do you?”
“I’m sorry…you know if its worth anything I just woke up so you know..”
“yeaa…its either that or besides the fact that you met me 2 nights ago and haven’t heard from me since. I don’t know”
She knew exactly who it was and smiled “Mr. Justin…how are you?”
“ah so you do remember me…I was beginning to worry” he smiled at the fact she had remembered him “I’ve been fine Miss Jacqui. And yourself? How was your day?”
“I been fine thank you…my day has been good, a little tiring”
“yeaa…see lucky me I’m on a little vacation from work right now”
“ohh how I would love one of those…I cannot wait for December”
“do you finally get your vacation?”
“yes a little one…but it’s a break regardless”
“you know what I just remembered…I’m sorry for waking you up, if you want I could call back a little later”
“no, no its ok. I won’t go back to sleep anyways”
He knew she wanted to keep talking to him and that was a good sign. They were having a good conversation and he figured what better time than now to ask her
“do by any chance have plans for Thursday night?” he asked her
“uh..no I don’t think so”
“good…um well a friend of mine is having this show at this club and I wanted to see if maybe you’d to join me” for some reason he held his breathe throughout that whole thing and did not release it until…
“that sounds like fun…I would love to join you” …she replied.
He exhaled “alright cool well um maybe we could do a little dinner first and then we’ll head to the show”
“good plan” she looked at the time “oh my God” They began talking about 7 o clock and it was now nearing 11 o clock. “we have been on the phone for almost 4 hrs”
“oh wow…I haven’t done that since high school”
“me too” she laughed “as much as I’m enjoying this…I do have school tomorrow morning, and I have to shower and…I think I’m hungry”
“alright sweetie well I’ll let you get to that. Goodnight”
“goodnight Justin”
They hung up and they looked at the phone for awhile and continued on their events for the night.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki