Green eyed monster by fallenangel7575


Number of reviews: 26
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 10- Here comes the bride...

     "Here comes the bride, all dressed in white!" Melody sang at the top of her lungs.

     I groaned and turned to take a glance at my clock. It flashed 6:30 AM. I groaned again and rolled over to my side, pulling the covers over my head.

     "Brooke! Wake up, sweetie!" Melody said, shaking me a little bit.

     I grunted and rolled to the other side of the bed. I mean who the hell wakes somebody up at six-thirty in the morning?

     "Brooke...Wake up...Brooke...." she shook me harder.

     "WHAT?" I snapped back.

     "Good morning sunshine!" she smiled.

     I sat up in my bed, in complete annoyance. "Well you’re in a good mood, aren’t ya Mel?"

     "Don’t you know what today is, silly?" she asked.

     I thought for a moment, and realized what she was talking about.

     "Oh. You’re getting married today. Right." I muttered.

     "Got that right! Oh Brooke I’m so nervous, excited, happy, and scared all at the same time!" she chirped.

     "Well that’s just nifty!" I said sarcastically, putting my thumb up in response.

     Melody, being Melody, didn’t catch my sarcasm (as if that’s anything new). "I know! Oh Brooke aren’t you excited, too?"

     I hesitated. I wanted to be excited for Melody and JC, but I couldn’t. I know Melody is a good person and all, but...I don’t want them to get married. I love JC. I just don’t think I’ll ever...ever get over him.

     "Yeah." I finally managed to say.

     "Oh goodie!" she squealed, hugging me. "You ready to get your hair and makeup done?"

     "But Mel...it’s 6:30... you’re wedding doesn’t even start ‘till three." I whined.

     "I know, we’re behind schedule!" she exclaimed.

     "But Mel-"

     "Ut tut tut," she cut me off, "Not another word."

     She grabbed my hand, and pulled me off my bed.

     "Now go grab breakfast, take a shower, and brush your teeth, and then we’ll leave," she commanded.

     "Sir yes sir!" I saluted.

     She giggled. "Come on Brooke, go, shoo!"

     I dragged my way out my room, and wondered...

...How the hell did I ever get in this situation?

~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

     I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE having people who I have never met before do my hair and my makeup. What’s worse, I hate having somebody else deciding what I should look like. The only hairstylist that I have ever trusted was Eduardo. He was about as straight as a circle, but boy did he know how to use his brush and blow dryer.

     But this guy, I think Jorge is his name, is terrible because:

a) He is constantly complaining about how thick my hair is, and due to his limited English, he often refers to it as "The bush". For example, "Your hair...Your hair like bush. Big." It’s like, hello? You’re here to make my hair look beautiful, not to criticize how thick it is.

b) He has my hair up so high, I think I’m starting to have a tension headache. Not to mention the fact that I look like one of those Who’s from Whoville. (I watch way to much Grinch.)

And:

c) The makeup he has put on me makes me look somewhat hooker-ish. I look like after I leave his salon, I’m going to change into a mini skirt and sell myself on the corner.

      That is why I am here in the bathroom trying to put my hair down. I don’t think Melody will really care. Actually, I think if she would’ve seen what a horrible job Jorge has done, then she will cry and then fire his ass.

     And seeing as how I’m a nice person, I wouldn’t want him to get fired.

     See how nice I am?

     I sighed a breath of relief when my hair tumbled down onto my shoulders. I put it in a low ponytail, and combed my bangs to the side. I then grabbed a paper towel and wet it with water. I took all that ‘war paint’ off my face.

     I looked at the paper after I was done, and it was stained with all sorts of blue and green. Yuck. I thought to myself.

     Good thing I brought my purse. It had all the makeup I needed in it.

     My mom always taught me that the object of makeup is to make it look like you have no makeup on at all. I always took that to heart. I mean how many times have you seen a girl who wears too much makeup and they look like they are ten years older than what they really are? That was not my objective.

     I took out a tube of sheer lipgloss and smeared it on my lips. I then proceeded to add some goldish eye shadow, mascara, and a little bit of blush. That’s all a girl needs. Lip gloss, mascara, eye shadow, and blush.

     I took one last look in the mirror. "Perfect,"I thought.

     I found Melody waiting anxiously in another room. She was pacing around , her white dress and veil trailing her thin body.

     "Brooke!" Melody shrieked.

     "What Mel?" I asked.

     "I’m so nervous...what if...what if we’re not good together. What if JC changes his mind? What if this is all a mistake? What if-"

     I stopped her. "What if? You can’t go on living your life wondering ‘What if this? Or what if that?’ Mel, you’re fine. Relax." I responded, looking in her worried brown eyes.

     She took in a deep breath. "You’re right. It’s going to be okay."

     I nodded. "And if it helps, you look gorgeous."

     She smiled in response. "Thanks Brooke."

     "So wait Mel...who’s the Best Man? Don’t I have to walk down the aisle with him?" I pondered.

     "Justin of course!" she exclaimed.

      Of course.

~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

     All the brides maid and groom men were waiting in the room with Melody. Justin walked over to me and breathed in my ear, "You look lovely."

     I shuttered and said, "You don’t look too bad yourself, Timberpond."

     "Timberpond? Well that’s original," he rolled his eyes.

      Before I could make a comeback, the tune of music began to fill the air. The whole room came to a hush and we each lined up with the person we were going down the aisle with. Of course, the rest of the members of *NSYNC were there. Joey with his wife, Kelly, Lance with some girl I didn’t recognize, and of course Justin and I.. I have to say for myself, that Justin and I were the cutest out of the other three.

     Not to say that we would be a cute couple.

     Because I really hate Justin Timberlake.

     Really. I do.

     We each exited the room one by one, and Justin locked his arm around mine, and we proceeded our way down the aisle.

     JC looked so good. Like you know how everybody said Justin brought "SexyBack" by wearing the suits or whatever?

     Well let me tell you, everybody is wrong.

     Justin didn’t bring "SexyBack"-

     JC did.

     Here comes the Bride then started to fill the air. JC’s eyes scanned anxiously down the aisle, impatiently waiting for Melody to come around the corner.

     There, Melody and her father walked down the aisle towards JC. JC held his breath, his eyes smiling.

     She was walking down the aisle, savoring each step. Cameras were flashing everywhere, the tune of the organ encircling the air, and pink roses lined the aisle way.

     The room came to hush and the pastor announced, "We are gathered here today to join this Mr. Joshua Chasez and Miss Melody Miller in holy matrimony today. Who is giving Melody in Holy Matrimony to JC Chasez?"

     Melody’s father stepped up from the crowd. His hazel eyes were sparkling with tears, and you could tell that he was so proud of her.

     "I do."

     "I charge you both as you stand in the presence of God, to remember that true love and loyalty alone will avail as the foundation of a happy home. If the solemn vows you are about to make be kept inviolate, and if you steadfastly endeavor...."

     I stared blindly in space. I yawned, and Justin nudged me in my shoulder. Damn this was some boring shit.

     I turned my attention back to the pastor. The pastor turned toward JC and said, "Will you Joshua Chasez have Melody Miller to be your wedded wife, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony; will you love her, comfort her, honor, and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her, so long as you both shall live?"

     JC smiled and looked into Melody’s eyes. "I do."

     The pastor asked Melody the same question. Blah blah blah de blah. Of course she said, "I do."

     The ring bearer then went up to the stage and gave the rings to JC and Melody. JC pulled a tiny slip of paper from his pocket and began to read his homemade vows.

     "Melody I affirm my love to you, as I invite you to share my life. You are the most beautiful, smart, and generous person I have ever known, and I promise always to respect you. With kindness, unselfishness and trust, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life together. This," he smiled, "This I promise you."

     Melody giggled and wiped the tears off her face and then went on to read her vows. "JC. We’ve been through so much together. I love you so much. If I ever picture life without you...well, I would have no life. I love you so much. I promise I will always be by your side, whether it be good or bad, if you become ultra famous, or if you become poor. I will always be there. Always."

     JC’s lip was quivering, you could tell that he was about to cry.

     "Now are there any objections to this marriage? Speak now or forever hold your peace." the priest said.

     Justin looked over at me, his white smile smirking. I bit my tongue. If he thought that I was going to say something in front of all these people, well...he’s just fucking stupid.

     The priest smiled and announced, "You may now kiss the bride!"

      JC took Melody into his arms, and kissed her softly. If only it was me up there...

     "And now it is my happy privilege to congratulate and introduce to Mr. and Mrs. Joshua Chasez!"

     The organist immediatly started to play, and the whole church got on its feet and started to clap.

     I started to cry, not because I was so happy for them that I started to break down into tears.

     But because I knew that JC could never be mine.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki