Revealing Myself by sweetsymphony


Number of reviews: 11
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            I groaned as I entered my apartment. I put my bag down, and started to take off my work shoes. Damn the professionalism of working in an office. I wish I could wear my nice and comfy sneakers instead. I just wanted to collapse in the sofa, and I might just do that. It had been a tiring day, but such an interesting proposal from Johnny. Confusion clouded my eyes, struggling to determine whether I should accept it or not.

          “Hey Dina ,what’s up? Tiring day?” My roommate, and also my best friend asked, interrupting my thoughts.

          “You have no idea. It’s been really chaotic lately. And I think I’m getting a headache. I can just feel the pinching increasing in my head now.” I moan.

           “Oh man, that sucks. I hate days like that. Did you take Tylenol?” She asked in a concerned voice. I shake my head. “Here, I’ll get you some.”

           “Thanks.” I said as I closed my eyes, still thinking about Johnny’s conversation with me.

           “Here.” She smiled sweetly.

           “Thanks so much, Maddy.” I smiled as she handed me the glass of water along with the Tylenol.

           “No problem. Is everything okay, besides the headache of course? You seemed like you were thinking about something.” Maddy asked concernedly.

            Madison Jaime Kerrington. What can I say about her? She can read me like an open book. I think she’s the only who can really. She knows everything about me, from my lowest to one my best, whether it be in traits or my points in life. I’ve known her since forever. And I honestly don’t know what I’d do without her. She’s been there for me at the worst times of my life, and believe me when I say, I’ve been at my worst lately. But she’s been there, and even though I know that perhaps I haven’t been an angel to her for quite some time now, she never gave up on me. I sigh as I looked at her.

         “I don’t know. I had an interesting conversation with Johnny, and he proposed something, and I don’t know whether I should accept it or not.” I said with a confused voice.

          “Well, what did he propose?” She asked curiously.

          “Well, he said that one of his singers that he’s managing, is going to be releasing his CD soon. Well anyway, this singer is going to be doing shows and what not around the States for three months…” I was cut off.

          “Well, what does that have to do with you?!” She eagerly interrupted. I think at this moment her heart probably would’ve stopped from incessant curiosity.

           I cleared my throat. “Well, as I was saying..” Again I was cut off.

           “Just hurry it up already. I know you’re doing this on purpose. Just spit it out already."

            I chuckled at her. “Anyway, he asked me to come along with him. Johnny’s been really busy with his schedule, and he really needs an assistant helping him with managing everything going on with singer’s schedule. I guess it’s a way to de-stress Johnny’s tension, and whatever…”

            “Are you serious?! What’s there to think about? You should accept.” Maddy exclaimed.

           “I don’t know. I mean it’s three months, and it’s so out of routine for me.” I chewed my lips.

            “I know it is, and that’s exactly why you should, no, need to this.” Maddy explained.

            “What?” I was shocked to hear this.

            “This will be such a great experience for you, DeeDee. You need to do this. I mean after what happened, this will help you out of the stump you are in. You need to get out of here, and find yourself again, as cliché as that sounds. You really need to do this, if not for you, then for me. I need to see you again, the real you. The you who laughs like crazy, the you that doesn’t have that sadness in your eyes. You better accept, or I’m going to kick your ass.”

          “But what about you?” I stuttered.

          “What about me? Do you think I’m really happy to see you like this. This is going to be great!” Maddy assured me.

          “Yeah, but still…” I tried to find an excuse.

           “No more excuses!” She shouted. “This is it. You’re gonna do this. I’m not going to take a no for an answer.”

           “Gee, I’m really happy to see that you're ready to kick me out of here.” I rolled my eyes.

            “Of course…” Maddy laughed. “I’m just joking. You do know that I just want you to be happy, don’t you.”

            “Yeah…” I sighed.

            “So, are you doing this?”

             I thought for a while, and nervously smiled. “I think so…”

             “So tell me, who’s gonna be the singer you’re following around.”

              I coughed and then rolled my eyes. “Stupid lame-ass Justin Timberlake.”

            “Could’ve had a better choice, but hey, what can ya do. At least he’s not that absurd looking.” She said in a sinister voice.

            We start to laugh evilly. Maybe I can do this.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki