Revealing Myself by sweetsymphony


Number of reviews: 11
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
thanks guys for the reviews. Loving it. This chapter is a bit longer than my other ones. Hope you like this one as well.

It had been such an insufferable day, and the day had only started. I was still tired from packing all my crap, and then moving into a tour bus, that seemed to be driving on bumpy roads, only to be woken up by my bus mates, so I could get my luggage and haul myself to a hotel room. Talk about lack of sleep and waste of energy.

             Today was one of those dreary, ugly days. The gray clouds were masking the sun, and the sky seemed to be sick and melancholy. I didn’t want to wake up today, I don’t think really did wake up today… Even if I was down to my third coffee of the day, going on my fourth. I absolutely hated… no… abhorred mornings. I yawned another yawn and dragged myself to the hotel lobby, where I was supposed to be meeting Johnny.

            I found a comfortable spot and slumped on the cushioned sofa. It felt good against the softness, and I could feel my eyelids dropping and sleep trying to persuade me to go back in slumber. But before I could get my eyes to close, I heard Johnny’s voice.

            “Good morning, Sleepyhead. Didn’t get any sleep last night?”

            I groaned. “How could I? My body still didn’t readjust from lack of sleep. I feel like I have a hangover, and I didn’t even drink last night. I feel like crap.”

           “Justin, I don’t think I’ll ever be quite used to our “chirpiness” in the mornings.” Johnny rolled his eyes.

            “What do you expect! It’s six o’clock in the morning. Do you expect me to be all Mr. Sunshine. I’m sure no one is this happy this early in the mornings.” I retorted back.

            “Whatever, I don’t want to get in an argument with you. Anyway, we’ll be off to the van after a few minutes. Then we can head to the radio station.” Johnny yawned. “Man, today’s such an ugly day.” Johnny made a face when he looked out the window.

            I snorted. “That’s what I was talking about.” I rolled my eyes. “Man, let’s just get this day over with. I’m just ready for it to end already!”

          “Fine… fine…” Johnny shook his head and sighed. 

~            

          I sighed as I looked around the luxuriant hotel. It was really a beautiful sight, with its breathtaking paintings on the walls, and the elegant décor of the rooms. I was wondering if I was heading the right way. Johnny told me to meet him in the hotel lobby, but the gigantism of the hotel got me confused as to where it actually was.

           I looked out of the big vaulted window to see the surroundings of this building. It was a great view. Even though the day wasn’t all that pleasant looking, the overlook of New York never seized to amaze me. I shook my head as I realized that I shouldn’t let my pleasure distract me from my original distraction. I walked slightly further from my position and then immediately saw a sign pointing to the lobby.           

           I smiled in content as I saw Johnny talking to a young man. I hoped I wasn’t that late as I glanced at my watch. I’m sure Johnny will understand. I walked towards the two men and slightly looked at them over.           

          Johnny was frowning at the other man opposite of him. He seemed a little tired and shook his head. He sighed and seemed a bit annoyed at the younger man. The younger man seemed like he was about to collapse and die right in front of everyone. He was sipping his coffee and seemed to be grunting at something that Johnny had just said. He yawned and seemed to be forcing himself from not going to sleep. I could see that his eyelids were slowly drooping. He looked terrible. I kind of felt sorry for the guy.            

           I stepped closer towards the two men and cleared my throat, hoping that I didn’t interrupt any important conversations. “Good morning, Johnny. Have a good sleep?” I asked in a pleasant voice.           

          Johnny turned towards me and returned back a smile. “Good morning, Dina. Always happy to see a smiling face. Such a nice change from the faces that I usually seem to be getting from someone that will remain nameless.” Johnny said as he glanced at the other man.

            The younger man glared at Johnny. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He growled. “And what’s so good about mornings anyway?” He muttered to himself.

            I chuckled and the younger man gave me the death stare. “What’s so funny?” He asked.

            “No, nothing at all.” I said as I tried to contain my laughter.

            “How can you be so happy and energetic in the mornings… so alive?” He accused.

            Ever since I could remember, I was always a morning person. It came to be a habit for me to wake up to watch the sunrise and start a new day. It’s not like I was absolutely thrilled about mornings or I had a fascination about them… It was just a thing… I never seemed to get grumpy about having to wake up in the mornings. I would always be energetic, and so alive as the man just pointed out. I was never much of a sleeper anyway. I was never one of those peoples who on lazy days just wanted to lounge on the bed and sleep and munch on junk food… and on winter, cold days who just wanted to snuggle in the bed with a blanket and never get out of the warmth. No, I was always the person who had to busy herself with things. I always felt uncomfortable if I stayed in bed longer than I had to. Besides there was always just something to do, other than sleep and think. Think about things that you didn’t really want to think about. I sighed.

            “I don’t know. I guess that’s just the person that I am. I’m just a morning person.” I smiled as I answered him back.

            “Whatever.” The young man rolled his eyes as he yawned.

            “Anyway, let me introduce the two of you to each other.” Johnny stepped in. “Dina, this is Justin.” Johnny pointed at the younger man. “And Justin, this is Dina.”

            “Hi, it’s nice to meet you.” I shook my hands with Justin.

            “Likewise.” Justin responded. “And sorry about my behavior. Unlike you, I’m really not the best in the mornings.”

            “Don’t worry about it. I’m kind of used to it. My best friend who’s also my roommate is one of the crappiest persons to live with in the mornings. Trust me when I say this, if I can handle her, I can handle any one.” I smiled as I thought about Maddie.

            Justin chuckled as he heard this. “I didn’t know there was someone worse than me.”

            “Unfortunately for me, there is.” I said then fell silent as I didn’t know what else to say. I could feel my shyness kicking in.

            Johnny cleared his throat after the awkward silence. “Anyway, Justin, Dina is my new assistant. She’ll be the one following you around, watching your every move, and seeing if you follow all the schedules or not. If you don’t behave, then you’ll get it from me.” Johnny warned.

            “Umm okay then… I guess we should be going…” Justin said unsurely.

            “Yeah, let’s head out.”  Johnny said as he and Justin walked side by side, and I followed in pursuit, unsure about all of this.

~

I wasn’t sure about this Dina character as of yet. She just seemed kind of boring, and so unreceptive. I mean she seemed like a nice girl, but man, she was just not fun to hang around with… even though I’ve just been hanging out with her for a few hours now. She was one of those people who you didn’t want to hang around with because she never talked. Sure, she would answer my questions, and even joke here and there… But that was it… After the small talk, I didn’t know what to say, and she didn’t really talk, so those uncomfortable silences would be dragging by.

            I looked at her. She wasn’t bad looking. She actually was pretty. She had brown wavy hair, with reddish tints. She was petite and small… It seemed as if she was like glass, that if I touched her, she would break instantly. But she wasn’t one of those fragile, thinly looking girls either. No, there seemed to be something else about her that made it seem like she was going to break any second now. I wasn’t about to get involved in her problems, whatever it may. What the hell do I know? Maybe she doesn’t even have problems. Why the hell am I even thinking about this anyway?

Her shy and quiet nature basically ruined her good looks. I sighed. Man, this is such a let down. I have to be around this girl for the remaining of this tour. I hope it’s not always so uncomfortable like this.

            Dina cleared her throat. “Anyway, why don’t we review your schedule? Oh, and Johnny isn’t going to be here for this week with you. So it’s gonna be me who’s going to have to manage everything for now.”

            I groaned inwardly as I realized that even Johnny wouldn’t be there with me. I was going to be with her all alone. I hated being with people who really didn’t like to talk. And I was one of those peoples who actually like talking and enjoyed conversations and all that other crap. Shit, man, just shit. How shitty can this get? Then she started reviewing the schedule.

            “Justin, are you listening?” Dina interrupted my thoughts.

            “Yeah, I am.”

            “Okay.” Dina went back to reading the schedule. Why does she have to be so damn serious? She is my age, yet she doesn’t even act young. I sighed yet again. I can’t believe I’m actually happy to be going to dance rehearsal.

 

~

 

I could see Justin’s annoyance with me. Who could blame him? Even I wouldn’t want to be around me. I knew that he was getting uncomfortable with the awkward silences, and he seemed like he was one of those people who really hated silences. But what could I do about it? I really hated myself, but people can’t change that easily.

            I sighed as I realized that I have to put up with this for three months. I wanted to vomit when I thought of that. I don’t think I could handle that. To be around strangers and trying to be in conversations with them. These three months are definitely going to get ugly. Why the hell did I listen to Maddie anyway? Reminder to self: Kick her ass when you see her next.

            I looked at Justin and sighed. He looked bored and about ready to kill someone. Probably me, I thought.

            I just hope everything goes well here. I prayed that it would, as we were headed to the dance studio.

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki