Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
I know it's been forever since the last update.. just studying has really caught up with me this time... anyways here is the next chapter, everything else will be updated next week since we have reading break and i plan on writing then to make up for lost time... anyways enjoy the chapter..........

The next day Madeline felt herself trying to control her emotions as Justin walked into the room. She couldn’t believe that Justin had opened his big mouth and told the cops their past. A past they had both vowed not to tell anyone and made sure none of their friends told either. However, it seemed that was not the case with Justin.

            “Hey Maddie,” Justin whispered walking into the room and pulling up the closest chair. Madeline sighed and rolled her eyes, still trying to control her temper.

            “Justin,” her voice was neutral, but he could detect a slight hint of annoyance to it.

            “Are you still mad at me Mads?” he asked, running a hand through his hair and looking at his friend.

            “No,” she replied, still refusing to look at him. He sighed heavily and leant back in the chair.

            “I don’t believe you,” he said and gave her a raised eyebrow. She shrugged and crossed her arms across her chest.

            “Well you can believe what you want,” she replied with a huff and glanced at him, “After all it’s what you like to do isn’t it? Believing what ever you want.”

            “What really wrong Maddie?” he asked softly and leant forward again, placing his elbows on his knees and looking at her intently. She sighed and pushed a stray strand of hair out of her eyes.

            “Why did you tell them Justin? After we agreed we wouldn’t?” she asked, there was a clear sign of teariness in her voice. Justin sighed and ran a hand over his face before speaking.

            “I didn’t say anything to them Mads,” he began and looked at her with pleading eyes, “She pressed everyone else for the info.” Madeline looked at him, not believing a word that passed his lips.

            “Everyone?” she asked sceptically and Justin nodded.

            “Yeah, C told me that she’s asked about us, apparently Trace had told her about…” he began and she cut him off angrily.

            “Well you should have made sure he didn’t!” She snapped, uncrossing her arms, “That was your parts of the deal remember?”

            “I know, I know!” He replied throwing his hands up in defence, “And I messed up, I’m sorry.”

            “You’re always sorry Justin,” she glared and stood up slowly, pacing back and forth quickly, “And this time it’s gone too far. Now I’ve got that cop poking her nose into our business, bringing up all... all that stuff from… from then.” She stopped and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

            “Maddie, I didn’t mean to…” he began but she cut him off with a shake of her head.

            “No Justin,” she whispered and managed to find the edge of a chair to sit back down on, “It’s too late, and I’ve enough of your sorries.”

 

            Justin sighed and rubbed his hand over his face, he had managed to retreat to the waiting room after Madeline’s outburst to think, although that time had been cut short as his mother had returned from her vacation and found him here, after hearing about the accident.

            “Justin you have to tell the police,” his mother said, referring to the things that had happened. Justin shook his head and looked at his mother.

            “It’s not going to do any good ma,” Justin replied and looked at his shoes. “And it’ll just get Maddie upset.”

            “Isn’t she already upset?” his mother asked and placed a hand on his knee, “Justin, you have to tell them. It may…”

            “No ma it won’t,” he cut her off quite rapidly and sighed with a hand raking through his hair.

            “How do you know that Justin?” Lynn asked and looked at him with concerned eyes. Justin sighed, closed his eyes and leaned back.

            “I just do ma,” he replied quietly, “And I think they think I did it.”

            “And did you?” Lynn asked, she was afraid to ask, but she had to. Justin opened his eyes, and looked at his mother, with pleading eyes.

            “No, I didn’t do it ma,” he replied, “I swear, you believe me right?” His mother sighed and nodded slowly with a small smile.

            “Of course I believe you baby,” she told him reassuringly, “But why would everyone else suspect you did it?”

            “It’s not everyone else, it’s just the cops,” Justin clarified, “And I think it’s because Trace and C let a few things about Mads and I slip.”

            “A few?” his mother asked and Justin nodded, bowing his head.

            “Yeah, that and Heather went insane on me when I came to see Jayce,” he said and picked on his nails.

            “She went insane? Why would she do that?” Lynn asked, Justin shrugged and looked at his mother.

            “Ma, I promise I didn’t do it,” he told her noticing the look of doubt return to her eyes, “I don’t know why she was angry, maybe coz Jayce and I… well you know we weren’t on the best of terms.”

            Lynn gave him a small smile and a nod. She patted his knee, “I know you didn’t do it honey. I’ve already told you that, but you need to convince the cops not me.”

            “Convince them how? If I try that then they’ll defiantly have something to pin me with. They’d think I was covering up,” he said softly, Lynn sighed and leaned in to hug him.

            “I know,” she whispered, “But if you keep hiding things from them, and they find out, then things could get a whole lot worse. Not only for you but for Madeline and JC as well.”

 

            Sandy watched as the older woman walked out of the waiting room before approaching her. She knew from the pictures that this woman was Mr Timberlake’s mother. And Sandy figured she was the best person to ask about her son.

            Sandy straightened her hair and sighed, she had finally managed to get a good night’s sleep, but now she wouldn’t sleep for another few days. She smiled inwardly and walked towards the older woman as she made her way towards the elevators.

            “Mrs Harless?” Sandy asked approaching the woman and sticking her hand out. The woman stopped, and gave Sandy half a smile.

            “Ah, you must be the officer my son keeps talking about yes?” she asked as her smile grew, and Sandy began to like the woman, “Well, what can I do for you officer?”

            “Um, I was wondering if I may ask you a few questions regarding your son and Mr Chasez.” Sandy asked. The woman smiled, and nodded, motioning for Sandy to follow her down the elevator.

            Sandy stepped into the elevator beside the woman, and shifted nervously under her gaze before either one spoke.

            “So what do you want to ask me about my son?” the woman asked, flicking back a stray hair from her eyes and pressing the button to take them to the ground floor.

            “Well, I heard that Mr Chasez and himself were not on the best of terms before the accident, is that correct?” Sandy asked trying to be a professional. But she could never do it with people who were older then herself.

            “Yes I guess you could say that,” the woman sighed and leaned against the walls of the small elevator. “Where did you hear this?”

            “From some of his friends,” Sandy admitted, “but to be honest no one really wants to tell me anything further, like why thy were on bad terms, or why your son and Miss James broke up.” The woman looked startled for a minute at the mention of Justin and Madeline’s relationship, she pushed herself from the wall just as the elevator doors opened and stepped out, Sandy followed.

            “You learnt about that too huh?” the woman asked walking towards an empty set of chairs next to the opposite wall and sat down on them.

            “Yes, a few people have mentioned it,” Sandy nodded, taking out her notebook. “Mrs Harless, do you mind telling me why your son and Miss James broke up?”

            “Well,” she began and leaned back on the chair so her head was against the wall, “I would, but I’m afraid that’s not my story to tell.” Sandy sighed as she wrote everything down.

            “Mrs Harless, with all due respect, no one has bothered to tell me anything, but do you think it would be vital to the case for us to know these facts?” Sandy asked the woman, eyeing her closely. The woman sat up and opened her eyes.

            “I suppose,” she answered and looked down at her fingers, “But officer, that’s not my business. I can’t tell you what he refuses to acknowledge himself. He has to tell you in his own time, by himself. No one else can tell you those things but he himself.”

            “I understand that,” Sandy nodded, “But Mrs Harless, we may not have that time. Did your son mention to you he is one of our key suspects due to his relation and bitterness with the victim?” Lynn looked at Sandy, a flash of anger over coming in her eyes as she stood up abruptly.

            “No Officer he didn’t,” she said and straightened her bag on her shoulder, “But I’m sure he would have if he knew. Now if you’ll excuse me I have somewhere to be.” Sandy sighed frustrated, but nodded anyways.

            “Sure, thank you Mrs Harless for your time,” Sandy replied. The woman didn’t answer, she just nodded and left. Sandy stared after her, noticing how angry she had become. It seemed like every time Sandy talked to someone, they had somewhere to be.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki