Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:

Hey guys.. here's the next chapter before i need to run to class.. but i hope you all enjoy and please review!!!

p.s my story undesirable is up for nomination at the statisfaction awards so please go vote!! (The link is up at the Undesirable story page) 

            There was a lot of noise at the hospital the next day as Sandy stepped out of the squad car and walked through the glass doors, closely followed by Dale. She pushed a strand of hair out of her eyes as they made their way to the elevators.

            “I don’t know why we can Sands,” Dale sighed and leaned heavily against the elevator wall as the doors shut, “I mean, we’ve already learnt that no one is gonna tell us anymore than they already have.”

            “They might Dale,” Sandy replied and readjusted the file in her hands, “We just haven’t found the right person to talk to.”

            “And when we find this ‘right person’ what exactly do you plan on asking them?” Dale asked opening his eyes as the doors to the elevator opened and he pushed himself off the wall to get out.

            “I plan on asking them for the truth,” Sandy stated as they made their way down the hallway and past a few nurses running past them looking panicked. “Dale, we need to know why Mr Timberlake and Miss James broke off their relationship and why he seemed to be so bitter with the victim.”

            “Simple Sands. The victim screwed his woman,” Dale stated and glanced around him.

            “So? That still doesn’t give him reason to try and kill the victim,” Sandy stated as if this was a fact. Dale sighed and stopped in his tracks, causing Sandy to stop to and turn to face him. “What?”

            “We haven’t proved that it was him that was driving the car. Sands, you can’t go jumping to conclusions just because he’s our main suspect,” Dale replied rolling his eyes, “For all we know it could be a random accident, you know those things do happen.”

            “Yes, but if he was so innocent why would he be acting so sneaky?” Sandy questioned raising an eyebrow and Dale shrugged.

            “I dunno, maybe he just wants his privacy like most people,” Dale answered and began walking again, “In this line of work you can’t go assuming things Sands; you know that as well as I do.”

            “Okay fine,” Sandy sighed and followed Dale, “I won’t assume anything okay? Let’s just go find someone who will talk and prove my suspicions right.”

 

            “Maddie?” Heather asked as she poked her head through the door and noticed her sister-in-law sitting at her regular spot; she looked a lot fresher and calmer.

            “Heather,” Madeline acknowledged and motioned for her to come in, Heather offered her a small smile before entering the room.

            “How is he?” Heather wanted to know walking over to her brother’s side and kissing his cheek before sitting down in the empty chair beside Madeline.

            “Better, I think,” Madeline replied and glanced at the clock n the wall, “Uh, has Justin been around lately?”

            “No,” Heather shook her head and gave a small frown. She didn’t want Madeline thinking about Justin at a time like this. “No on has seen him for a few days.” Madeline sighed and slowly stood up, walking over to the bed.

            “You know, this is just like Justin. He says he’ll do something and then he backs out on his word. I should have known,” she muttered and smoothed the hair on her fiancées head down. Heather sighed and nodded, wanting to get out of the Justin topic.

            “Uh, Maddie? The cops are back,” Heather said quietly and glanced down at her hands in order to avoid Madeline’s glare. “They want to talk to someone and I was thinking that maybe I…”

            “No Heather, please don’t say anything,” Madeline said and Heather looked up to see her standing next to her.

            “Why not Maddie? I mean sooner or later they have to know,” Heather questioned and Madeline sighed, sitting down in the chair next to her.

            “I know, but not just yet. I’m not ready for anyone to know,” Madeline replied quietly. Heather rolled her eyes and looked at Madeline.

            “Then when will you be ready?” she asked accusingly, the anger starting to form from her chest. “When it’s too late? When my brother is dead? Is that when you’ll be ready?” Madeline looked up, shocked at Heather’s outburst and shook her head.

            “No Heather,” she said and looked at the bed, “It won’t be that long okay? I promise I’ll do it soon.”

            “But not soon enough,” Heather muttered and crossed her arms over her chest angrily, “his is no longer about just you and him Maddie, it’s about the whole family.”

            “I know Heather,” Madeline replied and leaned her head back on the chair, “I just need time to think about what I’m gonna say.”

            “Maddie, we don’t have that much time,” Heather said and slowly stood up, “We need to tell them soon. If you don’t then I will, got it?”

            “Fine,” Madeline sighed and looked at Heather, “Just give me two more days okay? And if I haven’t said anything by then, then you can tell them okay?”

 

            Justin paced his room feverously and held the phone up to his ear. He kept on nodded to the other person and not saying a word as they spoke. He was nervous about everything that had happened in the past few days, and he knew he was on a thin line with the cops.

            “Justin are you listening to me?” Johnny’s voice cut through his thoughts and forced him to focus on the conversation at hand rather than freaking out. Justin nodded and rubbed his face.

            “Yeah Johnny I am,” he confirmed and sighed heavily before he stopped pacing and sat himself down on the bed.

            “Good, because there are rumours that you were the one behind the wheel kid,” Johnny finished and Justin sighed.

            “Where did you hear that?” he asked and Johnny paused before answering.

            “Chris M and the other website monitors,” Johnny stated. Justin shook his head and placed his elbows on his knees.

            “Shit. So it’s the fans?” Justin asked and he could swear Johnny nodded.

            “Yeah, the fans are going insane crazy with this shit. That’s why I think you need to release some sort of statement claiming your innocence,” Johnny told him. Justin nodded and put his head in his free hand.

            “But if they’re fans they should know I would never hurt Jayce. We’re best friends, supposedly,” Justin explained.

            “I know kid,” Johnny sighed, “But it’s not only the fans, it’s also the press. Have you seen any of the tabloids?”

            “No, I’ve been busy avoiding the spotlight,” Justin mumbled and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. “So you think we should release a statement?”

            “Yeah I think you should kid,” Johnny agreed, “Let everyone out there know you’re not the bad guy here. Let them know you support Jayce and his family through all this, and make sure you mention that there are no problems between you and Maddie.”

            “Is that out there too?” Justin asked, knowing he sounded stupid.

            “Yeah, that’s out there too. There are rumours about the accident, about Maddie and people seem to be connecting it to the band’s split pretty quick. You need to clear those up,” Johnny informed him. Justin sighed and sat up.

            “And the only way to that…” he began standing up and stretching.

            “Is by releasing a statement,” Johnny finished, “One that helps clear your name.”

            “Okay I got it,” Justin nodded walking over to the dresser and gabbing a pen, “So you need this by when?”

            “As soon as possible,” Johnny answered, “And don’t delay it kid.”

            “I won’t,” Justin assured him and scribbled something down on a piece of paper.

            “Good, send it through to Melinda when you’re done ok?” Johnny asked.

            “Sure,” Justin agreed putting the pen down.

            “Okay, well I gotta go I’ll call later in the week to check on you. Meanwhile try stay out of trouble kid,” Johnny told him, “Bye.”

            “Bye,” Justin mumbled as the phone clicked and Johnny hung up on him. Justin sighed and flipped the phone shut, sitting down at the desk. What the hell was he going to say?



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki