Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Hey guys.. here's the next chapter, enjoy it and please review i know it's hard with no more anonymous reviews but please try!! Thanks enjoy it!!

 

            Justin groaned inwardly and leaned his head back on the chair. He knew that what had happened in the past was probably better left there, but now, with things the way they were, her was beginning to believe that maybe some things should be brought out of the closet.

            He rubbed the bridge of his nose and tried to focus his thoughts, but couldn’t as his phone rang silently in his pocket. He opened his eyes and reached for the phone, flipping it open.

            “Yes?” he asked, closing his eyes again and leaning back.

            “Hey kid,” Johnny’s voice came from the other end. Justin grinned slightly and sat up. “Good job with the statement.”

            “Hey Johnny,” Justin said and stretched his legs out in front of him, “Thanks. You think it’ll get the paps off my case?”

            “I think so,” Johnny answered and paused, “But you may have to reaffirm it in a few days.” Justin frowned and pulled his legs back into a normal position before standing up.

            “Why?” he asked, “I told them everything was cool between me and Jayce as well as Mads.”

            “I know kid, but you know the press,” Johnny replied with a sigh. Justin nodded and allowed Johnny to continue. “But yeah, just reaffirm them in a few days, if you want we can get you on Jay Leno.”

            “Nah, that’s okay,” Justin replied and stretched his back, “I’ll just make sure the press gets a new statement in a few days. When are you going to come see Jayce?”

            “In a few days,” Johnny said and Justin heard him sigh, “Sorry about that, I know I might look as if I’ve let you guys down, but you know how busy its been around here with the accident and all.”

            “Yeah I know damage control right?” Justin asked with a nod.

            “Yeah, damage control,” Johnny said then paused, “He’s doing well yeah?”

            “From what I’ve seen yeah,” Justin said hesitated, “Johnny what if he doesn’t wake up?”

            “Don’t talk like that J,” Johnny scolded and Justin smiled slightly at Johnny’s concern. “He will, we just gotta stay positive okay? He needs it, he also needs you guys to be there when he wakes up. You’re all there right?”

            “Yeah, we are,” Justin nodded sitting back down.

            “Good,” Johnny answered, “Now look kid I gotta go but just hang in there okay? I’ll see you in a few days.”

            “Okay I will,” Justin agreed and placed his head in his free hand.

            “I’m serious,” Johnny said, “You guys have gotta hang in there. Jayce needs it.”

            “Yeah he does,” Justin mumbled and sighed.

            “Okay, well kid I really need to go,” Johnny smiled and Justin heard a door opening in the background, “Take care of Jayce for me ok?”

            “I will, bye Johnny and thanks,” Justin smiled slightly.

            “No problem, by kid,” Johnny replied and hung up. Justin sighed and closed his phone, placing it down beside him, realising that for the first time in days he was worried. What if his friend didn’t wake up?

 

            Justin took in another deep breath and was about to close his eyes when the door to the small room opened and Trace walked in. Justin offered his friend a weak smile as Trace took a seat next to him.

            “So…” Trace began and Justin nodded.

            “So…” Justin said, he looked down at his shoes and shook his head. “This is really shit.”

            “Yeah it is,” Trace agreed with a heavy sigh and ran a hand through his hair before looking back at Justin. “Did you do it J?”

            “What?” Justin asked looking at his friend in bewilderment, “What makes you say that?”

            “Well it’s just that your ma called and asked if you had done it. They had told her you were one of their main suspects,” Trace replied with a shrug. Justin groaned and leaned his head back, pressing the palms of his hands to his eyes.

            “Fuck,” he muttered and shook his head, “I knew it.”

            “You knew what man?” Trace questioned, confused as to what his friend was saying, Justin stood up slowly.

            “I knew that the past would come back and bite me in the ass,” Justin replied, “That’s what I knew. Fuck.” He shook his head and kicked an empty chair in anger.

            “Okay J calm down,” Trace replied, leaning forward and placing a hand on his friends arm to calm him down, “If you didn’t do it, then there’s no need to act as if you did.” Justin stopped his ranting and turned to face his friend, his blue eyes brimmed with flicks of anger.

            “I didn’t do it Trace!” Justin practically yelled and gave out a frustrated sigh, “Damn, have a little more faith in me okay? He’s like a brother to me, why would I try and kill him?”

            “If he’s so much like a brother, then why were you so bitter with him after what happened?” Trace spat back, “All he was doing was trying to help both you and Mads out.”

            “Really?” Justin asked with a bitter laugh and threw his head back, “Because that’s not how I saw it.”

            “Well, that’s how everyone else saw it,” Trace said and stood up to face Justin, “You should have seen it too if you were as close as you claim to be.” Justin looked at Trace, noticing the bitterness in his voice. His gaze fell and he sighed heavily.

            “We were- are close,” he mumbled and heard Trace snort.

            “Yeah I know,” Trace muttered and looked at Justin, “Like best friends.” Justin looked up and met Trace’s eyes, which were filled with something he couldn’t read.

            “No man, you’re my best friend,” he whispered and Trace shook his head.

            “Well that’s not what I’ve been hearing,” Trace snapped and turned on his heel out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

 

            Sandy watched as the door to the next door waiting room slammed and the young man by the name of Trace Alaya stormed out. He had an unreadable expression on his face, and his eyes flared with anger. Sandy frowned, and realised this was the time to talk to him to get any information.

            “Mr Alaya?” Sandy called, knowing that maybe he might reveal something that would find useful because of the mood he was in.

            “What?” Trace snapped, stopping in his tracks and turning to face the officer. He saw who had called his names and smiled sheepishly, “Oh, hi officer. Sorry about that.”

            “That’s alright. Bad day?” Sandy questioned with a raised eyebrow and Trace snorted with a roll of his eyes.

            “You could say that. Can I help you with something?” he asked, there was a tad tone of hostility in his voice that Sandy chose to ignore.

            “Actually, yes,” Sandy smiled and took a step closer to him. “I was wondering if I could ask you just one more question.” Trace sighed, and nodded reluctantly as if he didn’t want to be there.

            “Yeah sure,” he replied and leaned against the wall. “What did you want to know?”

            “Uh,” Sandy began trying to focus her thoughts, there was something fishy about how he was acting, “I know I’ve asked this before, but why did Mr Timberlake and Miss James break up? It’s important that I find out right away, I might not have any more time on the case.”

            “Well,” Trace began and hesitated, looking behind her to see if anyone was coming. “J would probably kill me for this but who gives a shit what he thinks right? She and Jayce, well, they were hiding things from J if you know what I’m saying.”

            “No I’m afraid I don’t,” Sandy smiled apologetically and Trace sighed in frustration. “What do you mean?’

            “Exactly what I said. Look, Jayce and Maddie were hiding things from J before J and Maddie broke up,” Trace replied and Sandy nodded.

            “So they were together before Mr Timberlake and Miss James officially ended their relationship?” Sandy asked. Trace sighed and rolled his eyes.

            “Not exactly no,’ Trace answered and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

            “Do you mind explaining it to me then?” Sandy asked.

            “Well…” Trace paused and looked once again behind Sandy, “Look, I think I’ve said enough as it is.” Sandy frowned and turned around, she noticed Justin come out of the room Trace and just left, wearing the same angered expression on his face.

            “Trace?” Justin asked seeing his friend with Sandy, “Can we talk for a sec?” Justin gave Sandy a hard glare as she looked at Trace, who hesitated but nodded anyways.

            “Uh, yeah sure man. Nice talking to you officer,” Trace smiled and followed Justin as he continued to storm down the hall. “J, wait up!”

            “Nice talking to you too Mr Alaya,” Sandy muttered, finding a smile forming on her face. She was making progress at last.

 

            “What the hell man?” Justin asked once he and Trace were in the elevator heading down to the main floor. Trace glared at Justin, who crossed his arms over his chest.

            “What the hell what dude?” Trace asked back, matching Justin’s anger. Justin snorted and rolled his eyes.

            “Why were you talking to that cop? I thought we agreed we wouldn’t,” Justin snapped, glaring at his friend.

            “I know what we agreed okay?” Trace retorted and leaned against the wall, closing his eyes, “She’s just… she’s nice and I wanted to talk to her about stuff, maybe you should try it some time.”

            “What stuff?” Justin questioned, ignoring Trace’s other comment. Trace grunted but didn’t reply. “What stuff Trace?”

            “Nothing!” Trace snapped and opened his eyes to see Justin looking at him angrily, “Nothing man, just stuff going on with me and Elisha okay?”

            “Really?” Justin asked eyeing his friend and not believing him; Trace rolled his eyes and nodded.

            “Yeah really. You know how she’s become stalker like lately,” Trace lied, “I wanted to find out what I could do about it, and a cop would be the best place to go for advice.” Justin laughed bitterly, still not believing his friend and turned his head as the elevator doors opened.

            “Yeah right Alaya,” Justin replied and began walking out of the elevator as Trace followed him. “You weren’t much of a good liar.”

            “I’m not lying J, I’m telling you the God damn truth,” Trace snapped pushing past Justin and walking in front of him out of the hospital. “If you were my best friend you’d believe me and leave it at that.”

            “Well I find it very hard to believe you,” Justin snapped, “Why did you all of a sudden decide you needed to talk about Elisha and her problems now? When you’ve had a full God damn year to do it?” Trace stopped I his tracks and turned to face Justin, crossing his arms over his chest as he did so.

            “Because I was reminded of her okay? And it was convenient; they were there so I asked. Is that such a crime?” Trace shot back. Justin shrugged and pushed past Trace.

            “I guess not,” he called over his shoulder, “But I’ve known you too damn long Alaya, and I know when you’re lying. Now is one of those times.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki