Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Here's the next chapter guys enjoy.. i wont update again for a few weeks but the next chapter will be one of the best (I hope)... until then enjoy and leave reviews!!

            “Okay kid, talk to me here,” Chris said sitting down beside Justin and patting his back encouragingly. Justin sighed and shook his head, shrugging his friend off.

            “I can’t C,” Justin mumbled and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, “I swear I messed up.”

            “And how did you do that?” Chris inquired looking at Justin. Justin lifted his head and gave Chris a sad smile.

            “I yelled at Trace, and refused to tell the cops the truth,” he moaned and placed his head back in his hands, “I am officially the worst friend ever.”

            “Why because you didn’t want to let the world know about your past?” Chris asked and Justin nodded slightly, “J, you have a right not to. You’re famous, as is Jayce; you don’t want every one to know your shit.”

            “But it could help,” Justin protested with a grumble. Chris sighed and rubbed the back of his neck as he glared at Justin.

            “And how is that? By getting yourself in jail? You said it yourself kid, you are a main suspect and if you go divulging the past to them then you’re for sure gonna end up in the bird cage,” Chris stated, “And you’ll do no one any good in there.”

            “But then Maddie can get on with her life and focus on Jayce,” Justin complained looking at Chris who gave him a frown.

            “You know as well as I do that she won’t get on with her life if you’re behind bars J,” Chris said sternly and stood up, facing Justin. “You know a part of her still loves you kid.”

            “Yeah but I ruined her life,” Justin said looking up at Chris, “It would be better for everyone if…”

            “Don’t even think of finishing that sentence,” Chris demanded holding a hand out in front of him to signal Justin to stop, “It won’t be better for anyone and you know it, especially not you.”

 

            The quiet had been getting to her recently, and she knew she had a decision to make. She sighed and walked over to the bed, straightening out the creases in the sheets and glancing down at the body.

            “So what do you think?” she asked him, knowing he probably couldn’t hear her, “Should I tell them the truth?” She waited for a while, but was met with silence. She sighed again and nodded, “Yeah, you’re probably right I should.” She smiled and kissed his forehead gently before taking a step back as she heard the door to the room open.

            “Maddie?” she looked up from where she was and smiled as Roy entered the room, he gave her half a smile before continuing, “How are you guys holding up?”

            “We’re doing good,” Madeline answered and glanced at the bed, “I think I’ve made a decision Roy.” Roy smiled and looked at his son as he walked in and stopped beside her.

            “May I inquire as to what this decision is?” Roy questioned raising an eyebrow, “Does it have anything to do with my son?” Madeline nodded and took a step back, sitting down in a chair beside the bed.

            “Yeah it does actually,” she said softly and looked at her hands which she had folded into her lap, “I want to tell the cops the truth.” She heard Roy suck in a deep breath before he regained himself and sat down next to her.

            “Are you sure you want to do that?” he asked softly placing a hand on her shoulder for comfort. She nodded and looked up to the older man.

            “Yeah, I think that’s what Josh would have wanted,” she whispered and gave him a small smile.

            “What are you going to tell them? Everything?” Roy wanted to know before allowing her to go ahead with it. Madeline hesitated for a minute before shrugging.

            “I don’t really know,” she said and saw the concern etched in Roy’s face, “What do you think I should do?” She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment.

            “I don’t know Maddie,” Roy admitted, he removed his hand from her shoulder and rubbed the back of his neck, “That’s what you have to decide. It’s not my decision it’s yours.”

            Madeline opened her eyes and looked at Roy, “I know but what if…”

            “No Maddie,” Roy said shaking his head to stop her, “You know what to say, and you need to say it.”

            “Okay,” Madeline nodded and looked at Roy, “Thanks Roy.”

 

            Sandy yawned and looked over to Dale who was waiting with her as well; they had been at the hospital for a few hours now and had still not managed to talk to anyone about anything.

            Sandy had been hoping that someone would come forward and tell her something useful, but every time they looked as if they wanted to, something stopped them and she wondered why.

            “So what did Mr Alaya say?” Dale asked noticing Sandy look at him. Sandy smiled and stretched her arms above her head.

            “Just that Miss James and our victim seemed to be hiding something from Mr Timberlake,” she replied and Dale raised an eyebrow at her.

            “What did he say they were hiding?” Dale asked and Sandy felt her smile falter.

            “That’s the problem, he stopped before he could tell me anymore,” Sandy replied rubbing her shoulder. Dale frowned and gave her a shake of his head.

            “He stopped?” he asked and she nodded, “What caused him to stop?”

            “What do you think?” Sandy growled as she thought of the image of Justin storming past her in the hallway.

            “Mr Timberlake?” Dale guessed and Sandy nodded angrily.

            “Yeah Mr Timberlake,” she replied and glared at Dale, “It seems every time we want answers out of somebody he steps in and stops them, sound suspicious to you yet?”

            Dale laughed and gave her a nod, “It sure does Sands. It sure does.” Sandy nodded and opened her mouth to reply, but a sudden movement at the end of the corridor caught her eye. A man in black slacks and a black t-shirt was storming down the hallway towards them. He looked angered, and his face was flushed as he stopped short just a few feet before them.

            “Are you Officer Sullivan and Officer Fisher?” he asked and Sandy nodded in response.

            “Yes we are,” she replied, “I’m Sergeant Sandy Sullivan and this is my partner Sergeant Dale Fisher.”

            “I’m Johnny Wright,” the man said without offering them his hand, and receiving blank stares from both Dale and Sandy, “I’m Mr Chasez’s former manager when he was with Nsync?”

            “Ah,” Sandy nodded in recognition of the name and waited for the man to continue, “What can we do for you Mr Wright?”

            “I’m also the manager for Mr Timberlake,” he replied curtly and glared at them, “And I would like to know why you are still harassing my clients and their families in this time of grief.”

            “Mr Wright, I assure you we are not harassing anyone,” Sandy replied, a bit taken a back by the man’s accusations, “We are just doing our job, trying to find answers to some unanswered questions.”

            “Questions about something that has nothing to do with the case,” Johnny answered shaking his head.

            “Actually…”Dale began but Johnny cut him off.

            “No, I spoke to your superior on my way here and he assured me that there would be no more officers here until Mr Chasez was fully recovered,” Johnny cut off and looked around them.

            “Well I am sorry Mr Wright,” Sandy answered, “But unfortunately we have not been contacted by our supervisor who was the one who sent us out here.” Johnny sighed in defeat and rubbed his face before answering.

            “Oh, sorry I thought you were informed,” he said and looked at them.

            “That’s alright Mr Wright,” Dale responded noticing Sandy’s glare and nudging her in the ribs, “We understand about the miscommunication. Do still want us to leave?” Johnny smiled weakly at Dale and nodded.

            “If it won’t be too much trouble,” Johnny said, “It’s just that I don’t wish for my client’s family and friends to be more stressed than they already are. They don’t need it, sorry.”

            “That’s alright, it’s no trouble at all,” Dale smiled, and nodded to Sandy, “Let’s go Sands. We’ll come back when things are less stressful ok? Night Mr Wright.”

            “Good night officers,” Johnny said as Dale grabbed Sandy’s arm and veered her down the hallway.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki